- Types of designs
- Accessories and design
- Design for children
- For adults
- Materials used
- Criterias of choice
- Popular models rating and reviews
- “Elite Lux Plus”
- “Gold Crown”
- Floretti Cappuccino
- Purchase assembly of the structure
- From Bruus
- From diagonal logs
- From the pipe
- From profile
- Beautiful examples
Garden swings have long become not an attribute of a luxurious country house and not only children’s entertainment. To date, such a design is an attribute of almost any country or garden plot. They are installed on terraces and inside the arbors, put near the porch or in the depths of the garden under the canopy of trees. The demand for such products increases every year, so you can find a huge number of different materials, size and shape of a swing on any wallet. To choose a suitable model or make it yourself, it is necessary to figure out their differences and appointment.
Types of designs
The main difference between garden swings from all others – these are their location outside the residential building. Because of this feature, they are not connected to a power source and cannot have an electric drive, as some models of small children’s swings installed in the room. Such structures that do not have power sources and swing exclusively due to human movements and inertia are called mechanical.
However, even such simple swings can be classified for several varieties in various parameters. Depending on its design, garden swings can be divided into the following types.
- Sun loungers. This is a single device whose chair has a suspension at one point. The seats themselves in this case can be a variety of forms: in the form of a folding chair, round and square, with a mesh or soft seat. They are suspended on a rigid spring and can withstand weight up to 200 kg.
- Cocoons. Such swings are made in the form of a sphere with a hole, they have an additional stand, so do not require fastening and construction of the frame. The design of the stand and cocoon is most often made of metal, and the filling of an empty space is made of threads, rattan or fabric. Such cocols can be not only single, but also to accommodate up to 4 people.
- Hammocks. A feature of such swing is the attachment of them not to the horizontal crossbar, but to two vertical supports. Classic hammocks are performed from fabric or threads, however, there are braided models. An ordinary hammock is the easiest, cheapest, and at the same time a reliable option for organizing a place to relax in the garden plot.
- Bench. Most often, such designs are designed for a large number of people: from 3 to 5. They need an additional frame with a horizontal crossbar, to which a bench is fastened on hard or flexible crossbars. The easiest version of such swing is a simple plate attached by ropes to the thick branch of the tree.
- Sofa. A peculiar modification of the swing-bench, which, unlike the previous one, has not only a seat, but also a back. Most often they are made of metal or wood, and on top covered with soft mattresses. More expensive models can be laid out and turn into a kind of suspended beds, on which two people can accommodate comfortably. Due to the fact that they are designed for a large number of people and themselves are rather heavy, such structures require a metal-reinforced frame, to which they are most often attached to hard crossbars.
Depending on the purpose and maximum allowable weight, garden swings can be divided into children’s and adults. Their main difference is the permissible load. In addition, children’s swing most often have a easier collapsible design so that they can be moved along the area of the site and remove for the winter. Adult swing most often inseparable, as they have a more complex design.
They can have a visor from above or be without a roof, have a soft removable seat or a simple flat surface. At the same time, the external design depends only on the personal fantasy of the manufacturer or buyer.
Depending on the installation site, it can be mounted:
- Separately standing suspension bench or chaise longue;
- A small hammock right on an open veranda or inside a large arbor.
Suspension benches on chains inside Pergola (cargo from curly plants), but for this, it should initially have a fairly durable frame, which can withstand the weight of the swings themselves and people sitting on them. Depending on the possibility of movement of the design can be stationary and portable. Stationary swings are securely fastened in the ground, most often they have a small, but durable canopy or roof. All soft seats and mattresses from such designs are removed on time from late autumn to early spring. Portable products have a lighter frame and for the period of cold weather, usually retained to the garage or storage room. To ensure greater reliability, such swings can have a metal frame, but be collapsible.
This is done so that the product is greater stability and at the same time it could move to another place or be removed for storage.
Garden swing size depends on how many people they should accommodate.
- Single structures most often have small dimensions. They are intended for a quiet and relaxing holiday. However, such a rest assumes not just a seat, and sometimes lying on the chair or bench, in connection with this, such designs have a smaller width, but a greater seating depth. May have a fairly wide amplitude of the movement in order to intensively swing, and not just sitting low above the ground. Children’s options are even smaller and most often have a smaller height so that the child is not scary and comfortable to swing on them.
- Double swing – perfect option for a couple in love or close friends. They may have both a wider bench as a seat, and double seats, suspended each on its crossbars or chains.
- Multi-seat hanging benches or sofas are intended for large companies. They rarely have separate separated chairs, most often it is a solid widespread seat. Multipity designs have a lower amplitude of movement, but more massive and high. Most often such models are not mobile and require more thorough preparation of terrain. In addition, they almost always have a small visor or canopy, so that snow and rain damaged the seating material, they are made with the back, so that the elderly people were comfortable to sit on them.
Accessories and design
Even swing one manufacturer, having the same dimensions and design, may look completely different. This is due to the fact that manufacturers offer a selection of many different accessories (both included with the finished product and mounted on the model separately). In addition, the variety of design and decor of such garden furniture is simply amazed.
If you put several different variants of garden swings in a number, you can almost always understand at first glance, for whom they are intended for: for kids or their parents. This is due to the fact that the traditional design of children’s furniture is significantly different from the options for adults.
Design for children
Baby swing are more diverse in the form and design of the chair. Depending on the age of the child, they can be equipped with additional fasteners in the form of belts or solid crossbars. This is done so that the child can not fall out of such a chair during swaying. Outside the chair can be decorated with various beads and ribbons, have small attached toys and handles for which kids will be able to hold.
Benches can be made in the form of various transport (cars, rockets, carriages), in the form of flowers or fruits, in the form of various cartoon characters. The frame may accommodate not only the swing themselves, but also different stairs and crossbars, for which small ravings can climb and go down. Near the usual swings can hang a rope or “Tarzanka”.
The appearance of children’s models is characterized by more vivid paints, combining all rainbow colors and separate contrast elements. They often apply patterns and drawings, and some models are real pictures from children’s books.
Adult swings are equipped with more functional accessories than children’s models. These can be various awnings or mosquito nets. Cups or holders for plates, various shelves placed on armrests – excellent modification, convenient for dacha kebabs and holidays. Swing for the elderly people can be supplemented with small footrests so as not to keep them on weight.
Soft swing sofas often come in a set with removable covers that easy to remove and wash in a washing machine. The most demanded accessory for garden structures is the lighting system. In such swing you can see the interesting book until the evening.
The external design of garden furniture can be both completely simple (non-repeated metal or wood), and include many different decorative elements (embroidered pads, lace finish awning).
A beautiful option is similar to the design of the arbor and swing, located close to each other. A wide variety and design of models will allow you to pick up for each specific site perfect swings.
Another important parameter for which garden furniture can be divided is the material from which it is made.
- Plastic. Such light and unreliable structures are rarely put on the street, but some models of swing for very small children can be made of durable plastic. The advantage is the ease of storage and transportation of such furniture.
- Aluminum. Such structures have low weight, while they themselves can withstand a rather large load. Their main drawback is the high cost.
- Wood. One of the most popular materials perfect for garden swings. It is easier metal and is strong enough. The tree is easily processing, for the installation of such a design, the minimum of tools will be required. The disadvantage is the complexity of fasteners and the short-life of the design. To extend the service life will have to apply special anti-corrosion compositions on them annually.
- Metal. The most durable and stable swings are obtained from the most severe and durable material. If you build a small canopy or a visor that protects the design from precipitation, they may chase for many years. Unfortunately, metal swings have a lot of minuses. They are difficult to transport and produce. For self-installation, a lot of specialized equipment will be required. High strength and durability of metal is much more expensive than other materials, so such a swing is not for everyone by pocket.
Criterias of choice
To pick up suitable swings, it is necessary to determine Some parameters to determine the material, sizes and purpose:
- the size of the platform on which they will be installed;
- the need to rearrange the design;
- the number of people who will use swings;
- acquisition budget;
- How long the family spends time on the garden plot (visits only in summer or all year round);
- preferred material;
- The possibility of independent manufacture.
After the view, dimensions and the purchase budget will be determined, you can move to the study of the market and the choice of the model you like.
Popular models rating and reviews
To choose a quality product, it is enough to explore customer reviews left on various sites and forums. In addition, you can seek ready-made products installed in neighboring sites and familiar. There are many ratings of summer cottage furniture, including a swing.
“Elite Lux Plus”
Metal four-seater model welded from pipes and strong mesh can withstand weight up to 400 kg. Soft backs and seats will give comfort, and water-repellent tissue and a small built-in awning will not worry about the safety of furniture.
Triple frame swings from galvanized steel will withstand any temperature differences and loads up to 350 kg. Lightweight design will allow you to easily move furniture throughout the site, and a small awning will retain a soft fabric surface dry even after a long rain.
The unusual design of the swing, made in the form of theatrical lodge, will emphasize the sophistication and refinement of a luxurious country house. Each chair is complemented by a small pillow on the back, which will not give back to get tired during a long seating. The product is transformed into 2 positions, the kit includes a tent, lighting lamp with LEDs and even a small tent.
Wooden swings made of pine, protected by a special impregnation, which gives them noble color of milk coffee. Such a model is easy to transport, while it is very stable. Swing do not need a prepared surface and can be installed on any small and level garden.
You can also purchase a swing of manufacturers with a large number of positive estimates from a large number of buyers. These are the designs of Timeco, Ranger, Garden4you or Cruzo.
Purchase assembly of the structure
By themselves, street swings – the purchase is not cheap, and transportation and professional assembly from the seller can cost almost the same. In order not to bore the idea of the arrangement of such a recreation area in its garden, you can refuse to buy ready-made options and collect a simple model with your own hands.
From the dyed bar quickly and without much effort can be made small A-shaped swings with a suspended bench. And if after the construction of the site, wooden pallets remained, on which bricks or blocks lay, then the beautiful bench with the back.
From diagonal logs
A more complex version of wooden furniture is a swing from whole logs. To slightly simplify your work, you can wear a pair of logs at some distance from each other and pull the tissue hammock between them.
From the pipe
Metal pipes with a round cross section – one of the most popular materials for the manufacture of garden swings. They are durable and lungs, work with them requires a smaller number of tools than for forging or casting, all work takes a small amount of time. Metal structures can be decorated with curly forging. Most often, calm natural colors are chosen for giving and country house: blue and green, gently yellow or brown. People spent most of the year in bright melting of urban lights, I want to give the eye to rest on pastel and muted rustic tones.
Often on sale you can find an additional thematic decor for garden design: For a birthday, a wedding or any professional holidays. It can be various stretch marks with congratulations, ribbons and balls that are attached to the sidewalls or upper crossbars. Not so rare and bright coloring as seats and the carcass itself. Most often they are chosen in accordance with the design of the house or courtyard structures.
Work with the profile is much more complicated than with round pipes. We will have to more carefully think fasteners, and it is better to have experience with this material.
You can make a metal frame, and the swings themselves make the wood or weave the rope. The main thing is the strength and reliability of fasteners.
The process itself is performed in several stages and looks like this:
- selection of model and sizes;
- construction of drawing or scheme;
- Purchase of the necessary materials and tools;
- preparation and processing of blanks;
- trimming in size, washed and prepared fasteners;
- processing chemical coatings from corrosion and pests;
- assembly and installation of the frame;
- assembly and installation of seats;
- finish coating and product design;
- Production and installation of additional accessories.
Unusual pendant swings in the form of a complex geometric design will be interested in all guests, and round wicker swings with a soft mattress and a large number of pillows will create an atmosphere of home comfort.
Modern design and laconic design of the frame will emphasize natural fabric and elegance design, and a small awning will protect from the sun. On the contrary, the swing made of natural wood, decorated under the old days, give the feelings of a children’s fairy tale.
Bright children’s swings can have a completely simple circle design suspended both on the frame and on a strong branch of the tree. And can be decorated in the form of a small boat or other transport. For those kids who are afraid to swing on ordinary chairs and benches, you can purchase special accessories in the form of a special hand and legrest.
You can choose classic materials and design, and you can purchase interesting design structures. Swings can combine several pieces of furniture or replace them with them. With its own manufacture and certain skills, you can implement your most bold ideas and dreams.
How to make a garden swing do it yourself, look in the following video.