Fir Korean “Brilliant” – a miniature coniferous tree. Thanks to high decorative qualities, it is often used to create original landscape ensembles in combination with shrubs, flowers and evergreen trees. In addition, fir can be used as a New Year’s ate. It does not hurt to learn more about the peculiarities of this beautiful plant, as well as about the rules of care.
Description of varieties
Natural zones of growing balsamic fir “Brilliant” – Canada and the northern part of the American continent. The baby fir belongs to the family of pine and is a winter-hardy plant. The balsamic church is called due to the gentle and pleasant coniferous smell, which it exudes.
Features of decorative culture is worth aware of those who plan to draw up their sites.
- In the height of the fir grows only 0.5 m, while having the diameter of the crown to 0.7-0.8 m. It is not difficult to guess that with such dimensions, it resembles a slightly flattened semicappor or ball. However, sometimes there are pyramidal or cone trees.
- The plant has a smooth gray bark without visible grooves and folds.
- On the branches, the fir coils are planted tight and thick, soft needles reach it in length 2 cm and bent at the edges. The outer side of the cheerleep is bright green, and the bottom is covered with silver-blue shared stripes.
- Special decorative element of fir are its vertically growing bumps in the form of candles. Young plants are decorated with dark lilac and blue-green fruits, adult copies have deep brown cones.
- Even a mature plant has a developed root system has a compact size, and it makes it possible to grow it in the volumetric pots, vases and tubs.
Dwarf balsamic fir grows very slowly, its increase in growth for the year is not more than 4 cm, But the term of her life is about 300-400 years. The plant is cultivated in the regions and regions with different climates, however, in the north on the eve of winter should be stolen.
It is worth adding that the tree has high resistance to most diseases, but, of course, the state of the fir, first of all depends on the normal care.
In the decorative purposes of the Fir “Brilliant” used quite widely. Miniature trees decorate alpine slides, coniferous ensembles, flowerbeds and rocky compositions. It looks implicitly the culture planted in the group along the borders and fences, as well as a container plant adorning the front entrances, terraces and loggias.
How landing is carried out?
Only high-quality plants are suitable for planting, To which the following requirements are presented:
- Seedling age – 4-10 years;
- Plant length – from 20 to 25 cm;
- The bustle must have branches with green cheese without suspicious spots and dried needles, with crust without signs of rot and cracks;
- For containerfish, earlier age is provided – 1-2 years old, and the earth comes on the roots.
From how carefully the conifer is chosen, its growth rate, attractive appearance and long-lasting vitality depends.
SHARE PIKHUT follows in the middle of spring (in the last days of April or early May), when the soil is made at least to +10 degrees, and the air temperature does not fall below +13 degrees.
For the Fir “Brilliant” you need to choose open areas with good lighting and moderately dry soils, in which water is not stuffed. If there is a risk of convergence, then it is necessary to provide the optimal layer of drainage for a tree, adding a strollers to the soil, having a layered vermiculite structure as a disinteger or coarse sand. Square meter will require 2 buckets of the mineral product. Since the conifer prefers increased acidity, the landing place is falling asleep by the upper peat (at square. m to 20 kg).
The planting process consists of several stages.
- 15 days before planning is prepared by a square landing well with a diameter of 50 cm and a depth of 60-80 cm (depending on the size of the root system with a lump of land). Planting plant landing requires compliance between trees in 5 m, between their ranks – up to 4 m.
- I need to pour 12.5 liters in the pit, then drainage is placed in it: gravel, crushed stone, pebbles or brick fragments.
- The nutrient substrate, which needs to be filled with 1/2 pit, consists of equal portions of sand, a delicate earth and sour peat, some add sawdust to it. Also needed under one plant to make 200 gras fertilizer – “nitroposk”.
- For landing, a warm cloudy or rainy day is selected.
- In the ground, the seedling falls in a vertical position. Its roots are straightened, and the root neck is left above the surface of the soil, the wells fall asleep with the remaining nutrient mixture, tamper to avoid emptiness, compacted in the barrel and smash.
- After disembarking, the roots are watered, using at least 10 liters of warm water.
- To warn the drying of the soil, mulching the surface under the bush wood chip, peat, pine bark with disinfecting properties.
Thanks to a small root system, a slow-growing tree can be placed in a ride of suitable size, making several holes in it and conducting similar drainage using pebbles and pieces of clay. The composition of the Earth corresponds to the composition of the substrate for the soil landing.
Recommendations for care
It does not matter, the young fir is planted into the container or in the ground, it is necessary to care for it. To grow a strong and beautiful tree, novice gardes are advised to adhere to several important requirements.
- At first, the seedlings are given by nonwoven underfloor material or burlap in the watches of the intensive sun.
- Regular watering of the soil for moisturizing the upper layer of the Earth should be carried out 1 time in 2 weeks, including arid days. This applies to young copies, adult fir waters only 4 times for the entire vegetative season.
- Make feeding you need 3 years after landing. These are mineral compositions with three main components: phosphorus, potassium and nitrogen. Per 1 sq. m will need 120 grams.
- Before irrigation and after this procedure, the soil of the priority circle loose, and after irrigation, they dip sawdust of coniferous rocks and peat.
- Weeds are removed when they appear, preventing growth. It warns the appearance of pests.
- Fir is affected by attackingphids, leaflets and hurmes. In order to prevent infection, in the spring spray the trees insecticidal preparations “Rogor” and “Antio”.
- Periodic examination of the culture will prevent the appearance of fungal diseases, under which the wood needles turns yellow, dries and crept. The best remedy for prophylaxis – sulfate copper in the form of a solution. At the first signs of rust, amazed branches should be deleted.
- Such a natural dwarf, like a “diamond,” needs periodic decorative trimming. To do this, pinch the kidneys, forming on the top of the branches. Do it accepted in spring. Also in spring and autumn time you need to trim incorrectly growing, broken and sick shoots.
- Preparation for winter lies in abundant watering, mulching, soiling under the fir napnik. Then the bushes are closed with burlap, leaving gaps for fresh air penetration.
In the spring, with the onset of warm days, you should continue to hide young fir from ultraviolet and in small quantities to moisturize the crown.
Balzamic fir breeding
The swable can be multiplied by two known methods. A simple method – rooting cuttings that are collected in April.
- Material take with annual branches with top kidney.
- Remove the chevings at the bottom, wash the cuttings in the growth biostimulator and plant 45 degrees in the pot with a nutrient mixture.
- Next, you should cover the tank with a film by creating a greenhouse environment for the plant.
- He will also need daily ventilation and moisturizing the Earth.
- Root seedlings at the end of summer. After that, you can clean the greenhouse, hand over small fir and autumn to plant outdoor ground.
Seed method, too, you can breed the fir, for this, the cones of adult trees are suitable (at the age of 8 and older). They are harvested immature, dried and remove seeds. Before disembarking, it is necessary to withstand the planting material in the solution of manganese, hold in water to swelling and, having placed in a well-moistened sandy ground, send to a cold place.
You can land seeds in the fall or early spring (in March) into the soil on the basis of humus, clay and sand with covered over wood chips. The construction of film shelter for seeds is sure to make seedlings. After that, regular irrigation and feeding.
In general, gardeners rarely use this method due to its consideration – it is much easier to shine culture.
Thanks to its beauty, miniature sizes and slow growth of the Fir “Brilliant” is a popular, almost rare culture, which is in great demand among the gardeners of the whole world.
More information about this fir, see the following video.