It’s no secret that you can hide behind a beautiful fence from prying eyes and organize your cozy space. And optionally the fence must be concrete, brick, iron. A truly elegant elevation is a living design. An example will be a fence from willow.
Pros and cons
Suitable plants for creating a living hedge quite a lot, but Iva is practically out of competition. Gardeners have long appreciated her compliance and unpretentiousness. Among other advantages of willows to create hedges are distinguished:
- The design will be durable;
- The plant is easily rooted;
- Iva is easy to care;
- It grows quickly, gives side shoots actively;
- perfectly multiplied with stalling;
- The plant is distinguished by frost resistance;
- reliably protect the area from the wind;
- will not give the animal to the territory.
Finally, it is very beautiful. But the final type of hedge will take 2-3 years after installing the design. Willa creates monolithic hedges, and complex braided forms. With the help of Yves fence, the space can be zonied, and landscape designers often use this technique.
But the minus of the plant is actually only one – the tree quickly grow up. Actually, at the same time, these properties of wood is a plus, and a minus. Willow will give a lot and reliably a lot of piglets, they are constantly needed to irrigate to keep the shape of the hedge.
What varieties are suitable?
If it is decided to make such a living fence, the next step is to choose a variety. Iva belongs to the IV family, and this is half a thousand species. The plant actively carries out a moderately cool climate. To create a hedge, rare varieties are not necessary: the most popular and unpretentious are suitable. These are the varieties are often used for hedge.
- Purple Nana. This variety belongs to shrubs. The plant can stretch to 4 m, has a bluish leaflets with “gray”. Flowers grade in the first month of summer. Honeyer earrings become purple, hence the name of the variety. Bumblebees and butterflies fly on the flowers. By the way, this variety is considered useful for a city inhabitant: it is neutralized by harmful impurities in the air (not completely, of course, but some functions of the sanation tree really performs). If you care for the fence from the willow of this variety, it will take 30 years.
- Ostrique. And this variety is probably the most popular precisely from the point of view of building tanned. Rounded shrub can grow to 9 m. To the soil claims ostolite IVA does not actually exhibit, it is most unpretentious. She does not need abundant watering, because sandstones and loams – normal soil for this tree. By the way, in addition to living fences, from the willow of this variety often weave various decor, interior items. The tree is well growing. Interestingly, many of this grade will be more famous called “Verba”.
- Babylonian (wrapped). This decorative tree is also unpretentious to the characteristic of the soil, carries out almost everywhere. Grade high: The tree can rise to 12 m. Planted it near reservoirs. Tree branches hang, their color is reddish yellow. The variety is growing.
- Ural winding. This is a ball whale, which looks good in any season. Not particularly high grade, grows up to 3.5 m. Perfectly tolerate haircut, well builds green mass. But the plant is quite capricious: at least the arid climate does not like. The tree needs not only to water, but also to spray the crown in a timely manner.
- Volchnikaya. Grows up to 6 m, blooms early – in April-May. Sheets of her sisovoy. This is a variety of honey, it grows wets very quickly, loyal to haircuts. It is usually planted into the sand soil, but limestone and loam approach her more. The variety is distinguished by frost resistance. A real living hedge Tree will be in 2 years.
- Prutovoid. Very quickly grow up, used mainly for weaving. Grows up to 6 m. Branches of varieties are rectating, have a grayish tint. For hedge too good.
Options for creating a tree fencing a lot. If this point is passed, it’s time to determine what scheme the fence will be placed.
Each of the schemes in its own way beautiful. Say that one is much more difficult than the other, too. What options are there?
- One rod. In this case, the seedlings are planted with an interval of 10-20 cm. True, after wintering, not all shoots can come around, you need to be prepared.
- Weaving in 2-3 rods. Such weaving does not leave a chance of drawing to break. In the well with this scheme, it is necessary to plant one plant, but two (or even three).
- Cross weaving. The option is similar to the first. Saplings when weaving will be diagonally, therefore stretching the rod, and diagonal is already fixed to it. This rod will be the base of the whole design, the fence will be durable, will not fall apart.
There is another option, while not very popular – but, more precisely, not quite familiar to our latitude. Landscape designers have such an alternative: detached willows. The tree is planted at a permanent place. Willow trunk constantly cut the first two years to prevent the growth of lateral shoots.
The choice of tools depends on which scheme is selected. To build a vertical elevation, you will need:
- a hammer;
To build a horizontal hedge, use:
- hammer and nails;
- Rope (or Wire, or Scotch).
Step-by-step instructions may require additional tools. But usually this is what is in the farm, a separate purchase will not need.
How to do?
The owner of the site has two options – to form a green fence from a living tree with their own hands or create a decorative fence from the rods.
You can plant a tree from April to November, it all depends on the regional climate. If the plant is thermalized (concrete variety), it is possible to plant in the late spring, early summer.
The planting material is required to prepare in the spring, before the appearance of leaves, or in the fall, after the fond of leaves.
Powerful developed shoots are cut from the main tree and are divided into cuttings, about 30 cm long. There should be 7 growth kidney on a cutlery. If the green shoots are cut down, their length is up to 1.5 m. From this, the process of manufacturing a hedge begins.
Step-by-step instruction of the manufacture of live swelling in the country.
- Cut branches wrapped in polyethylene, you can also touch them in a slightly wetted sand. So they will preserve better before landing.
- The site also needs to be prepared – clean from weeding plants, switch, slide. The cuttings stick into a fairly moistened soil, one or two growth kidneys should remain on the surface.
- Each cutlets should be abundantly pouring (20-25 liters of water).
- In order for the fence to be smooth, the pegs are in the designated place, pull the rope. Not all owners do that, many decide to build a fence trusting their charming. But with ropes and spicyrs are more reliable.
- For greater confidence, the base of cuttings for 2-3 days can be soaked in water or sprinkle growth stimulant (powder form).
- If the hedge has more decorative tasks, cuttings can be planted at a distance of 1.5-2 m. If you want to form a fence of a walk, willows already planted in 2 rows, observing a chess order. Distance between trees – 0.7-1 m. If the grades are dwarf (curb), they are planted after 0.4 m, not less.
That’s all, nothing else on the day of landing do not need to do. And then the formation of the hedge takes time. The fence form will keep well, but he needs a regular trimming. Otherwise they will grow on the plot of IV jungle. The first time the trees go “on a haircut” a year after disembarking. It is necessary to outline the configuration of the hedge, it happens rounded, pyramidal, rectangular, resembling a trapezium. Subsequently, haircuts are repeated twice: in April and August.
Otherwise, it is called a fence from the Yves vine, the shoulder. IV branches flexible and pliable. But Evnyak also needs to be preparing: to take it just cut and weave the fence from the branches will not work. Twigs first need to unpack, so they will become more flexible. Here is the standard instruction for the formation of hedge.
- Plot markup is carried out. Pegs rush in the corners. Barron cord or twine tensioned between waists. Along the threads are welcome where intermediate racks will be.
- In the soil you need to drill holes (0.5 m). Install racks (cleaned from the bark, soaked with antiseptic and t. D.) Bulk part is labeled with mastic or tar.
- On the tops installed in the excavations of the angular supports the cord is stretched, the accuracy of the tension is checked. Intermediate stakes are exhibited on the cord.
- Twisube fork from the bark are cleared. The bark should go easily, otherwise IVA has not spacing enough.
- There is a fill in the lower row, which is lagging behind the Earth by 15 cm. Here use bars thicker. Separate, aligning row of rods, stacked with overweight in one rack. The first rod, therefore, will en blow 4 racks, the second will begin to go back with the third.
- Lower range can be reinforced with wire.
- Where the first row went in front of the front, the second will settle behind. And so will be the subsequent alternation. After four rows, the braid must be strengthened by China.
- Every 7 rows woven wires, the fence is so strengthened.
The ends of each row must be fed, scoring screws to extreme supports. The work is done.
Tips for care
As behind the flower, a flower bed, a flowering shrub is needed, and for the Ives fence, in particular – alive, fast-growing. Little tips for beginner gardeners:
- If “proper” appeared in the fence, it is not to revive it, you need to insert a new plant;
- Young branches are equal to the secateur or garden scissors, thick – with a brush cutter;
- Chemicals are used as a last resort, unless the reason for the defeat is accurately established, and it does not fix it differently;
- feeding must be dosed;
- Regular watering is required by spring landings;
- Use only healthy, proven material.
If you properly harvest branches for wicker design, if you properly deepen pillars, this fence is actually not required to care. But do not forget about the timely processing by antiseptic. Matte varnishes are used, as well as automotive oil.
And inspire the area decoration such examples.
- Combined Design of Non-Supply Weaving.
- Roundness is also attractive.
- The combination of color is wonderful.
- Landscape design is a whole science.
- Cope and beginner.
- Looks natural and concise.
- This frequency will be good to keep the form.
The visual example of the care of the IVE fence can be viewed in the following video.