Initially, fender structures were only a means of protecting the territory – the fences clearly deteriorated the boundaries of private ownership, therefore there were simple and non-pieces. Today, the fence functionality has acquired more aesthetic nature – the owners wish not only to determine their territory, but also claim to be sophisticated and even aristocracy when choosing the appearance of the fence. It is because of this that metallic fences have gained popularity in the modern world, and a wide selection of materials allows to implement the most bizarre and original solutions.
Fences have a number of advantages, thanks to which they are relevant and very common in the modern world. Any fencing systems, whether it is a sectional version or individual, distinguish reliability and durability, which is achieved through the use in the metal construct. And with proper care, iron structures become more durable, which delivers less hassle during their operation.
Another feature of steel fences is versatility. It manifests itself both in the appointment (determining the boundaries of the household plot, the territory of production facilities, construction objects) and in forms (openwork weave, lightweight mesh versions or heavier monolithic varieties). All these forms are perfectly harmonized with other elements – wood, brick, stone, which allows you to make an appearance more individually, functionally and in accordance with the established budget.
The modern market offers a huge amount of options for fences for the territory. They are divided into the following categories:
- Forged. An forged hedge is considered elite due to elements of decorative artistic forging, performed from steel and cast iron by hand either by industrial stamping method. It is figurious details that give the fence unique, attractive appearance and take it into the rank of artwork.
The main advantage of such a fence is incredible strength. Forged structures are quite resistant to mechanical damage and various deformations, which increases the life of the product. However, due to the complexity of manufacture are one of expensive pleasures. Most often, the artistic forging does not represent a fence as a restriction of space, but on the contrary, it advantageously emphasizes the architecture and style stylistics.
- With monolithic spans. This type of fences is a rack or pillars, between which the monolithic shields of the span are attached. Vertical supports are made from different types of materials, such as steel pipe, brick, wood. The most common type of panel – profiled flooring, which is a perforated metal sheet of various profiles. The professional flooring is covered with zinc and other polymeric substances, due to which there is a huge selection of the colors of this material, as well as the anti-corrosion properties of the metal.
Another option of the span shield – metal: solid steel or aluminum panel. Side surface is performed not only in various color palettes, but also with all sorts of drawings and textures, for example, under a tree or stone. Thanks to this, the fence acquires a more expensive and presentable appearance.
Since fences with monolithic openings are solid fences up to 3 meters high, they have good soundproofing and protect the territory from excess dust and dirt. Such structures are easy to mount and operate, they are simple to repair, and you can wash the surface with the hose.
- Metal stakenik. Stakenatnik is ready-made vertical strips from a steel profile that are fixed on longitudinal crossbars. Initially, the stakenik was made of wood, but its modern metal analogue became a more popular tool in the landscaping of the territories of houses, gardening and park areas, flower beds and parisades. The market represents a wide range of this type of fence, which allows you to choose interesting and original solutions or make an individual order on your own sketches.
The fence from the stakeholder has high performance and does not require constant care to maintain a beautiful and aesthetic species, including painting. Also, the advantages can be attributed to the relatively inexpensive value of the material and the ease of installation.
- Decorative fence. Two types of such fences are distinguished: Rabita grid and welded lattice fences. The latter can be made from the finished factory design or self-made welded wire mesh.
- Grid – Wonderful option For the fencing of the site, as it is an inexpensive way to protect the territory from street animals and intruders. It has a good lighting ability and does not deprive the area of additional sunlight and heat. Effectively use the net fence in public areas: parks, schools, kindergartens and administrative buildings.
- Gain popularity Sectional lattice structures from rod. They are separate sections from the rods that are welded among themselves in the form of a lattice. The surface of such a fence is not only treated with a zinc layer, but also covered with a special polymer composition, which gives additional protection against metal corrosion and gives color design. Such fences are easy to install and operate, steady and decorative.
Pros and cons
Advantages of metal products:
- Sustainability – metal structures have high stability to damage, almost not deform, especially if there are wrought or welded elements in the construct;
- Durability – metal products are invulnerable to atmospheric precipitation, temperature drops, ultraviolet radiation, which makes it possible to operate them for more than 10 years;
- Unpretentious – iron structures are practical and not polluted, and if necessary, it is easily clean;
- Availability – In most cases, the cost of a metal fence is acceptable and justifies its quality. Based on the established budget, you can choose an inexpensive solution (fence from the grid) or a more expensive version (artistic forging);
- Wide range – the market offers the buyer a huge selection: from monolithic panels to lighter varieties of bands from stripes, ribbons and even blinds. You can buy products in specialized places and make an individual order on our own sketches;
- Easy installation – the construction of the fence can be carried out by the Buyer independently. Because of a small massiveness, the installation of the fence does not require special education, skills and tools. Otherwise there are many special services that will help in this difficult business;
- Decorativeness – due to a variety of forms that can be made of metal, such fences are quite popular in modern society. They can also be used on the ranch, and for the design of garden and park areas, and for the improvement of the territories of administrative buildings; both vertical and horizontal design. It will not interfere with the review and consideration of green plantings.
Corrosion – Here is the main enemy of metal structures. This process is inevitable, since frequent contact with precipitation, temperature differences, minor scratches or damage during installation can disrupt the protective coating layer and run corrosion processes. However, this minus fix it is not difficult: you need timely surface treatment with special anti-corrosion substances, and if necessary, eliminating rusty sections. Owners of metal structures It is important to remember that the service life of the fence depends on how it is careful.
Making and mounting
For the construction of the fence, you will need the following set of tools and equipment:
- Rod or wooden pegs;
- Measuring cord;
- Shovel or drill;
- Angular grinding machine;
- Welding machine;
- Kraspopult and brush;
- Handsman and scissors for metal.
Installing any fence begins with mounting vertical support racks that are well fixed in the ground. The most versatile material for support pillars serve round or rectangular welded pipes of various profiles. However, when choosing racks, it is necessary to take into account the mass of the future fence. It is necessary so that supports withstand the mechanical load of the very fence, wind and other damage.
Work on the installation of the fence implies a phased implementation of the following actions:
- Before starting work on the installation of pillars, it is necessary to clean the site from garbage and vegetation, as well as plan the territory. If possible, the land should be aligned.
- Marking of the territory. With the help of a measuring cord along the perimeter of the territory it is important to determine the places of vertical supports and put the peg or bar. The optimal step between the columns is 2.5-3 meters.
- Undergraduate Development. Sizes of pits can be absolutely different: diameter – from 20 centimeters, depth – from 100 to 130 centimeters. The size is selected individually for each type of support, depending on the diameter or perimeter of the metal support. The depth of drilling pit is chosen depending on the area of accommodation, the depths of the primer of the soil and the height of the support pillar.
- Installing pillars with careful leveling. In each pit, it is necessary to pour crushed stone or gravel with a thickness of 20 centimeters and pour cement or concrete composition with layered seal. The optimal duration of the composition of the composition is 3-6 days. This type of fixation of the support rack in the pit should be used when installing massive metal fencing.
Second version of the installation of steel supports – scoring them into the ground. This method is most often used with soft soil, where there are almost no stone rocks or when installing light fences that do not require a large mechanical load on vertical supports.
Another way to attach pillars for light fences – bouting. With this method, the pit is covered with rubble or gravel with a tuck or just soil designed earlier.
After installing the racks from the metal, you can start the installation of the fence.
Due to the massiveness of forged products, for the additional stability of the fence to the support pillars, transverse lags are welded using a welding machine. If the height of the fence does not exceed 180 centimeters, then two crossbars are enough. The elevation pattern itself is usually formed separately and mounted on a metal frame in the finished form. If the fence of a small height is most often forged sections, which are welded to pre-installed steel racks or other supporting structures. After installing the structures, it is important to clean the seams well and process the anti-corrosion soil and tinkering these places of paint.
As with the installation of forged hedges, when installing the fence from the profiled flooring, the horizontal crossbars are needed to the support columns. Due to the sailboat of the professional flooring for greater stability of the metal frame, it is necessary to establish three transverse parts at the height of the fence of more than 160 centimeters. Cross crossbars, like the racks themselves, must be treated with anti-corrosion composition to protect the frame from rust.
The sheets of profiled flooring are mounted vertically with the allen in one wave. From the horizontal surface of the Earth, it is necessary to retreat up to 10-15 centimeters so that in the spring material does not come into contact with water. The fastening of sheets is made by metal screws at least 35 millimeters long, which can be selected in the color of the professional flooring. Therefore, drilling in advance holes in metal sheets should not.
To hide the irregularities of the upper edge of the structure, you can install the overtaking bar. Then the fence will have a more aesthetic and finished view.
For cutting sheets, it is better to use hacksaw or scissors for metal. When using a grinder spraying from zinc on the material surface can be disturbed and cause corrosion. Also during the installation process on the professional flooring may form scratches that are easy to eliminate paint in the color of the material. Such paint can be purchased in any specialized store.
When installing the fence from the stakeholder to fix the slats, the crossings from the proftrube sizes 40×20 millimeters are welded. The surface of steel supports and crossbars should be painted in the color of the hedge. This will improve the operational properties of the metal and give an aesthetic type of fence in general.
Planks are fixed to transverse jumpers in four places: two screws in the upper and lower part. In order for the material in the process of installation, the material did not burst and did not come into disrepair, you need to drill holes in advance at the top and at the bottom of each strip of smaller diameter than the fastening diameter. Instead of self-screws, you can use special galvanized fasteners, which will extend the service life of the fence and simplify its operation.
For a more presentable type of fencing before mounting, you need to calculate the distance between the planks. For this, the wavelength length is measured between the columns and is divided into the width of the stakenik. Staketins must be fixed at one level in height and with the same distance in width, unless otherwise provided by the project.
Metal patch for the fence can be represented as sectional parts that are welded with welding to the support racks.
When installing the fence from the grid, the rabbit between the vertical racks above and below each span of the fencing is stretched and two are welded from steel rod. It is necessary in order to prevent the sagging of the grid. After stretching the mesh, the cloth of which is fixed with a wire with a diameter of 6.5 millimeters. The wire is loaded through the cells and welded to the support pillars. At the end of the work, cover supports and grid of paint.
Installation of sectional fence from a welded lattice is distinguished by an amazing simplicity. When installing such a fence, the main factor is the good deepening of the support racks. Otherwise, the fence will be deformed when exposed to a strong wind.
The surface of the lattice sections and supports are processed at the factory with a special zinc phosphate with a subsequent polymer coating, which gives not only protection against atmospheric phenomena, but also gives the fencing saturated color. All components of the fence can be purchased in the finished form in a specialized store.
The fence sections are attached to the supporting racks with bolts, special brackets and nuts. The most necessary tool for mounting is the end key. No additional materials when installing use do not have to use. At the end of the fastening hole is closed with special plugs.
If you wish, you can make such sections yourself. For this, it is used steel wire with a diameter of 5 millimeters. It should be chopped from the rod rod with the required length, put perpendicular to each other and at the intersection point to weld. As a result, a welded grill with square or rectangular cells is obtained. In case of individual manufacture, the width and height of the sections depend only on its own sketch.
To give a manufactured color and improve its performance characteristics, it is necessary to cover the surface of the lattice with special compositions based on zinc and polymer compositions.
- When removing the fence from the grid, you should not mount the material with a nasky to the ground, you need to leave the air gap. It will save the material from corrosion destruction and remove the load from the grid;
- Metal structures from galvanized material do not need additional processing with special compositions or staining. If the surface of the mesh or lattice without galvanized polymer coating, you need a subsequent color. Painting work is best done with a brush, as the paint sprouts is wasting a lot of paint, and the roller will not pronounce the places of interlacing mesh;
- During the construction of a fence from the profiled flooring, do it yourself should not be taken for combined solutions, if you do not have the experience of brickwork and fill the concrete foundation;
- Before making an individual order for a fencing art forging, you need to decide not only with the size and material of the fence, but also with patterns. Together with the designer, you should view albums with examples of work and choose elements suitable for building stylistics. It is necessary to decide whether the design of the national team or sectional. In order for the process of making wrought hedges faster, draw the sketches in advance and provide them with masters;
- During operation when caring for forged fences, do not use powder staining. It will be difficult to distribute the coating uniformly in figure fragments, the risk of corrosion can occur in separate areas due to the thin layer of staining or its absence;
- In the household sections, the fencing of metal can be combined with polycarbonate. This material due to its transparent structure has a good lighting ability, which gives the site additional light and heat.
If we talk about artistic beauty, then the undisputed leader in this will be decorative forged fences. But because of the high price for this type of product, a few can afford to install an elevation of artistic forging. However, you can consider the prepared options for fences that can harmoniously fit into the overall stylistics and emphasize the beauty of the territory.
Modern fence serves not only to identify the boundaries of the site and protect private property, but also a certain element of home decoration, which emphasizes the personality of the owner. For the original decoration of the fence, designers recommend not only to combine various materials, but also to apply various colors and compositions that refresh the facilities and give more well-groomed species.
The main elements of the decor are:
- Main Decoration – Color and Texture. The fence can be made of metal-hamding with an texture coating or from a profiled sheet, the surface of which is covered with a color polymer;
- Carved wrought elements. Traditional shapes – flowers, bales, peaks, curls, rings, monogram. Such parts made of iron on fences will not only look decoratively on any fence, but also very individual;
- Drawing. Performed by special paints resistant to burnout and atmospheric precipitation. On any panel surface of the fence can be applied plot patterns, ornaments, patterns, and even reproductions of paintings;
- Combinature of forms and materials. One of the most common decors in the world. It can be combinations of bricks and stakes, openwork forging and stone, iron rod and polycarbonate, wooden elements and steel rods. Variants great many and nothing can limit the author’s imagination.
Various variations of decoration of fences not only emphasize the individuality of the idea, but also can reduce the cost of the product, especially if in the embodiment of the plan used their own hands.
How to make a fence made of metal stakenik, look in the following video.