To create flower beds, gardeners use various building materials. One of the most common is brick. From it you can make beautiful borders of various configurations. At the same time, both old clay bars are used in the works and new. Of them lay down the durable and reliable designs for the arrangement of flower beds and garden tracks. Consider the features of this material, its types and rules of laying.
Advantages and disadvantages
Bordeur of bricks can fit into any architectural style. Such solutions look the most advantageous next to brick houses and buildings.
Bruks are used not only to create original flower beds – with their help zonaps space, the garden tracks are isolated, artificially created reservoirs are fencing.
Benefits include a number of factors.
- Small size blocks. Thanks to small-sized the creation of fences, it will not be necessary to attract special equipment. From small bars you can lay out flowerbeds of various forms – square, rectangular, round or curved.
- Combination with many natural or artificial materials. Brick masonry harmonizes with various stones, glass, wood, sewer, metal and plastic products.
- Ability to withstand a large soil pressure inside the design. Thanks to such a feature of bricks, multi-level structures can be postponed.
- Durability design subject to proper selection of blocks and compliance with installation technology.
Bricks are sold in a wide range – they differ in form, texture and technical characteristics. Buying new products for 1-2 flower beds will not be very expensive. If you wish to save on the acquisition of the material, you can search for it in landfills or abandoned construction.
Garden borders for flowerbeds from bricks are not afraid of high humidity (with the exception of silicate blocks), frost. They are not deformed under the rays of the Sun, withstand significant power loads. Brick structures will serve at least 5 years.
Manufacturers offer several types of material. Basic flower beds are laid out of red ceramic bricks. It is made of clay with a minimum percentage content of indecomcompanying calcites. When firing in the furnaces at a temperature of 1000 degrees, the product acquires high strength and resistance to various adverse atmospheric influences.
Some gardeners make borders of white silicate brick. It is made of fine sand. The binding component protrudes lime. Silicate bars are manufactured using autoclave pressing technology.
However, such bricks are undesirable to use borders to arrange, since they have low moisture resistance.
Bricks are classified into 2 groups. They are ordinary and Decorative. The first is characterized by lower cost, but their quality is low – there are often cracks, chips and other external defects on their surfaces. Borders of facing bricks look more solid and luxuriously.
Decorative bars are characterized by perfect geometry. They are:
- smooth with a smooth facial surface;
- textured with a relief surface (for example, with imitation of decorative plaster);
- shaped with a complex geometric shape.
With the help of the shaped brick, it is convenient to lay the angles, flower beds with rounded edges.
Decorative and ceramic bricks are different shades, thanks to which it is possible to choose a solution based on your taste preferences and requirements. The most common colors:
- classic red;
- Peach and others.
More expensive solutions are made by the method of glazed coating followed by firing. Such modifications are performed in different colors – from dark and pale to contrast bright.
The most durable, reliable and expensive flower beds are constructions from clinker bricks. The material is made of plastic clay grades with subsequent massage of the mass at high temperatures up to 1300 degrees. Ready bars are distinguished by low water absorption, good strength and resistance to low temperature. To decorate the facial part of the bars, the mineral crumb is applied, Angoish her or glazed.
Tools and materials
To create a brick flower bed, the presence of a specialized tool will be required. All work can be performed using a healthy inventory. For laying burglar fencing without cement, a bayonet shovel, level, dense rope or cord, pegs for marking.
If the design will be erected with the use of the solution, do not do without a trowel, hammer, containers for kneading the working mixture. When performing large-scale work, manual or electric concrete mixer can be useful.
For the preparation of the working mass, the cement will be required, small sacred sand and water. Materials will need brick. For masonry borders, it is best to give preference to full-scale bars. Blocks with air emptiness will not fit. Such cavities are designed to improve the heat insulation of the built-up construction. Colors is nothing. In addition, borders laid out of hollow bricks may soon collapse.
The fact is that moisture accumulates in voids, which, when freezing, expands and damages the bar.
How to make it yourself?
There are several ways to lay bricks to build flowers fences at the cottage. The easiest method – installation of a curb without the use of cement mortar.
- Application of marking with the help of stakes and cords;
- Removing the shovel of the top layer of the soil to a depth of up to 30 cm to remove the root vegetation;
- Laying of a brick wall around the perimeter of the base.
Curbs without a solution are laid out up to 6 cm high from bars installed by plastics. Higher flower beds to ensure reliability are created using cement mass.
To create a massive design or multi-level brickwork, perform several actions.
- Prepare the foundation foundation. For convenience, you can make a preliminary drawing on paper.
- Apply markup on the selected area, dig a small trench to 30 cm. Turn the bottom and place on it Ruberoid.
- To strengthen the construct, the trench is poured with concrete (recommended ratio of cement and sand 1: 3, water is added portion).
- After soaring the foundation foundation, it is necessary to start laying out the brick fence.
- About a week later, plants can be planted in the flower.
Another way to design a flower bed or garden tracks, which was very popular – Laying of Brucks “Christmas tree”. According to such technology, there were fewer flower beds on the territory of hospitals, kindergartens, schools. To create a flower garden, it is best to use a durable red brick, because it will have to boil into the ground. Installation includes several steps:
- Marking of the site and trenching the trench depth of 10-15 cm;
- raising bricks with a bias of about 45 degrees into educated recess;
- Installing bars, soil rubbing.
At the end of the work there should be a toothed border with a triangular riding.
About how to make a border of bricks, look in the following video.