In many household territories, hosts grow, which attract attention luxurious flowering. These decorative deciduous plants fascinate not only with spectacular flowers, but also an exquisite aroma, which resembles a fragrance of lilac, acacia or jasmine. In this article, consider the features of flowering host, as and when different varieties bloom, is it necessary to cut flowers, go rules after flowering and other issues.
How and when different varieties bloom?
Experts recommend landing hosts in a scattered half. This option is usually found under the spreader crowns of trees. In such conditions, the hosts are great bloom. Consider some of the most sought-after varieties with fragrant flowers.
- INVINSIBLE (INVINCIBLE). The creator of the variety is the famous breeder Paul Aden. This kind is called “invincible”, since the plant retains a long period of resistant and fresh species. Even when exposed to adverse conditions, the flowers continue to delight the eyes of others. This type perfectly feels like in the sun and in the shade, so it can bloom in any conditions. It has bluish-white flowers-bells. Blossom usually occurs in July and August.
- FRAYD GREEN TOMATOES (Fried Green Tomatoes). Olive-green leaves in many ways resemble tomato leaves. In August, the flowers appear on which large white or bluish-lavender flowers are formed. They attract attention to an amazing aroma.
If this variety is grown in a deep shadow, then the leaves become large, dark and glossy. A small shadow plant gives abundant bloom.
- ROYAL STANDARD (Royal Standard). This variety has large leaves of oval shape and with wavy edges. In August, 12 blooms are formed on the plant, each of which has from 6 to 8 white flowers.
The feature of the variety is that the flowers have a jasmine flavor. This host can be seen both in open areas and in the shade.
- Fragrant Bouquet (Fragrant Bouquet). This variety has oval leaves of quite large size. Already in July, the flowers of the light purple shade be blossomed. This host can be combined with different colors. It is resistant to sunshine, as well as to different known diseases.
- Blue Angel. This host received such an unusual name due to the bluish-green leaves, which look like terry. Plant dimensions are in width of 30 cm and in length 40 cm. In July, the first colors of pale purple color begin to form, closer to white. Host Flowers until October.
- “Iced Lemon” (Iced Lemon). This host refers to a miniature, because it can achieve only 20 cm in height. This variety has yellow-green leaves with white border. The plant blooms with light purple bells, while the smell of lilac. Flowering time – from August to October.
Important! Single attention deserves the so-called red hosts, although they do not exist, or rather, there are plants with red cutters, but there is no fully red host yet.
A bright representative is Raspberry Sundae. This variety has not only red stiff, but also a small part of the bottom of the leaf.
Do I need to cut flowers?
Many are interested in the question of what needs to be done with a color-point in the fall, when he has already fledged. The answer is unequivocal – Flowerons should be removed even before the arrival of winter. From the theoretical point of view, the cutting of flowers can be carried out in spring, but during this period you can damage the kidneys, which cannot be said about the autumn trimming.
In addition, autumn cutting of the floweros allows you to save energy in winter, it will not go to aging seeds.
Landscape designers fully support the idea of truncating the chosts. This plant attracts attention to the exquisite and pretty lush greens. So that she looked beautiful, the bush should spend quite a lot of strength on this process. For this reason, experts always emphasize that the creaming of the color saw should occur in the fall, then the plant can use all its strength to build foliage.
Is it possible to transplant flowering hosts?
Many give a positive answer to this question. You can transplant the blooming hosts throughout the summer, although it is better to do it in July. If you need to carry out a transplant before, you need to take a host with a lump of soil. But immediately before transplanting the plant should be abundantly pouring. It is better to use seedlings that have a small part of the leaves, which will reduce the roots, while avoiding much evaporation of moisture.
After the transplant must be monitored how much soil is wet. Also, young plants must be contacted.
Care rules after flowering
Many gardeners prefer the cultivation of the host, because it allows you to decorate the naudal territory, does not need special care, which allows you to save a lot of time. Many varieties bloom quite late – in August. But when the host is wondering, it needs special care.
This is a mandatory step, as has already been mentioned above. Thus, The plant does not spend its nutrients to maintain a floweron, in which seeds ripen.
The main layer of mulch is the foliage of the plant. To prevent the soil, as well as warm the plant, you need to add organic mulch, which can contain sawdust, peat, beveled herb. The mulch before use needs insecticidated processing, because with its help you can prevent various bacterial and fungal diseases. An excellent choice is “Phytosporin”. Evil enemies for the host protrude slugs and snails. To combat them, it is suitable for breaking the beds using tobacco dust.
Important! Feeding should be eliminated after the host flowed. Allowing fertilizers until the end of August, after that they become taboo. If they continue to continue, the plant will not be able to go to the phase of calm to spend winter.
This stage is very important. Soil should be moisturized to half a meter in the autumn period. Similarly, the root system will absorb a lot of moisture. With the arrival of colds, the quantity and volumes of watering should be reduced. And closer to frosts, the plant does not need watering at all.
After the flowering of the host needs a division of a bush or transplant. This process is made as follows.
- Plant need to dig up, while maintaining hom soil.
- A bush can be placed on a new place or divide it into parts. Next, each of them is planted separately, with each element for seedlings should have strong roots and 2 outlets.
- If a transplant is made in September, the host will have time to put roots in a new place and normally survives frost.
- Between the bushes it is worth sticking to a distance of 30 cm, because many varieties of plants have a strong and empty root system.
Important! If there is no possibility of transplanting hosts, do not be upset because the plant can actively grow and develop in one place under 20 years, but it is worth sticking to the basic rules for the care of the plant.
Why does not bloom and what to do about it?
It is worth noting that the hosts grow not very fast. At the age of 3-5 years we can say that the plant has become an adult. It is worth noting that usually in the first year after planting the host does not bloom, so you should be patient and wait for long-awaited flowers. Although sometimes the reason lies in the other.
It is worth paying attention to the specific grade of the plant, since the late varieties do not have time to bloom before the arrival of winter. This is especially true of late varieties that grow in the shade. Street host may not have time to bloide before frost come.
On the care of the host after flowering, see next video.