Electric lawn mowers Makita – a popular option for gardening equipment designed to screaming small sites. They are distinguished by compact dimensions, ease of control, high reliability and safety. Self-propelled models of mowers and technique without drive on wheels are easy to care, convenient to move on areas with different types of terrain. And find a replaceable electric motor for manual mower or other parts in case of breakdowns can be without special difficulties in service centers.
Purchase of Makita lawn mowers – a good solution for the care of the household plot or cottages. It greatly facilitates the process of creating an ideal lawn. Consider in the article how to make the right selection of the model, to pay attention to when buying, as well as how to operate the technique.
Electric lawn mower Makita is available in various versions. Food of all models of lawn haircut equipment is carried out from the network, power consumption varies from 1100 to 1800 W, the cutting element – the knife, has a length of 33-46 cm. Self-propelled models are capable of developing speeds up to 3.8 km / h, in the package includes grassballs, allowing not to leave cut stems on the ground.
Makita is founded in Japan in 1915 and was originally an enterprise specializing in the repair of equipment. Today it successfully works in the market of garden machines, supplying products in dozens of countries in the world. The brand lawn mowers with electrical drive non-volatile, reliable, recommended for care for small areas, gardens, lawns with different types of plants.
Makita electric lawn mowers operate on an AC based cable connection to the network. Each model, according to the scheme, consists of:
- The handles on which the control unit is located, the emergency stop button;
- Breastplate – baskets for cut stems;
- cable holder;
- wheels equipped with height adjustment levers;
- pallet and hood;
- blocking handle;
- Electric motor.
All Makita mower design elements connected to electricity have double insulation from moisture. The electric motor depending on the model is hidden in the housing or is located on top. Disassemble the unit in case of breakdown is not recommended. It is better to contact a service center for advice. Technique with wheel drive there are additional elements that ensure self-propelled movement of the design.
Consider the main line of garden equipment Makita. Let’s start with non-slip lawn mowers of low power.
- Makita ELM3800. Mower with folding handle and 3cut mowing technology. It has a capacity of 1400 W, suitable for processing area up to 500 m2. The shock width reaches 38 cm, the model does not require complex maintenance, convenient to manage.
- Makita ELM3311 / 3711. Simplicate models that differ processed width – 33 and 37 cm, and a motor capacity of 1100 W / 1300 W. The case of the lawn mower is made of polypropylene resistant to UV rays, the special form of impeller provides improved ventilation of the engine compartment.
Uncomfortable lawn mowers of medium and high power include a number of models.
- Makita ELM4100. Simple lawn mower for beginners. A rather powerful motor of 1600 W allows you to care for the lawn and overgrown areas. The model has an ergonomic design of the handle and housing, allows you to choose from 4 levels of cutting height.
- Makita ELM4110. The lawn mower is 1600 W, easy and convenient to operate, is equipped with a container for collecting grass 60 l, mulching is not provided. Classical Country Model for Lawn Care. Differs in compact sizes, ease of management and configuration, attractive design.
- Makita ELM4600. Lightweight and compact lawn mower for the care of lawns of up to 600 m2. The streamlined body, 4 wheels, a convenient adjustable handle, adjusting to the operator’s growth – all makes it easy to operate. The model supports the mulch function, allows you to adjust the height of the grass cutting in 4 versions.
- Makita ELM4610. The powerful lawn mower without a drive on the wheels is equipped with a mulching function and a rigid polypropylene grass collector on 60 liters. The model is designed for processing of lawns of up to 600 m2. The five-speed height adjustment allows you to cut the grass to a height of 20-75 mm. Technique is convenient in storage, takes little space, folding handle.
- Makita ELM4612. Powerful mower with an 1800 W engine, an indicator of filling in the grass collector and turning on / off technology, there is a quick stop button on the housing. The lawn mower is suitable for work in areas up to 800 m2, has 8 steps of the height of the mowing in the range of 20-75 mm. The unit is quite massive, weighs 28.5 kg, convenience in working with it is achieved by an operator using an adjustable handle and a large wire length.
The company specializes in self-propelled models of lawn mowers.
- Makita ELM4601. Powerful lawn mower, designed to process area up to 1000 m2. Modern technique has a simple design, an enlarged width of the cat – the knife has a length of 46 cm, the height of the cutting grass is adjustable, from 30 to 75 mm.
- Makita UM430. The gas mower with a capacity of 1600 W is able to cope with the processing of the area of up to 800 m2. Punch widths in 41 cm grabs to capture and cut off a rather large lane of virgin at once. The travelers in the kit has a capacity of 60 l, it is quite enough for one session of work. Aggregate is pretty lightweight, weighs only 23 kg.
- Makita ELM4611. Lawn mower weighing 27 kg – light, four-wheeled, convenient to control due to the adjustable handle. The height of the mowing is adjustable in 5 positions of the knife, its range from 20 to 75 mm, the proof width is 46 cm. The model is made in a new design, it looks modern, equipped with a mulching plug. Compact dimensions facilitate its storage and transportation.
- Makita ELM4613. The model with a capacity of 1800 W refers to the category of self-propelled technology, it is distinguished by a significant punctural width – 46 cm, equipped with a 60 l with a filling indicator, cuts grass at a height of 25 to 75 mm. There are 8 stages of adjustment in the model, a pad to protect the surface, the folding handle, is adjustable to the growth of the operator. Innovative size and wheel design allow you to produce work close to the wall. The lawn mower is equipped with a mulch function, discharge of the grass of the Block, certified according to EU Standard.
How to choose?
When choosing a Makita lawn mower capable of replacing the hand-made trimmer for grass, It is worth paying attention to a number of moments.
- Wheel Drive Availability. Self-propelled technique has a higher permeability, facilitates work on a plot with a complex relief. The models of the non-intelligence type are given in motion due to the efforts of the operator itself, may not fit the elderly.
- Weight design. The easiest models for the haircut of well-groomed lawns weigh about 15-20 kg. Heavy solutions are designed for a full-fledged brief. Self-propelled technique the most severe.
- Motor power. Than rougher vegetation on the site, the more powerful should be the model. A technique from 1100 to 1500 W is suitable for well-kept territory.
- Width of the strip of mowing. To speed up the work on direct smooth territories, a technique with a knife length from 41 cm. To maneuvering between trees and other landings, models are suitable with a punctural width of 30 cm.
- Design sizes. Small-sized folding lawn mowers are more convenient in storage and transportation. For the technique of large sizes will have to provide a special “parking space”.
Given these moments, you can quickly and easily decide on the selection of a suitable electric mower.
Subtleties of operation
The electric power supply also needs to be compliance with the rules of operation. Before starting work, you must make sure that all items are installed correctly and carefully fixed. When removing the hopper or adjust the height, the motor must be turned off.
Lawn is advised to first examine for the detection of foreign objects, stones, branches.
During any work on the maintenance of equipment, it is necessary to disconnect it from the network. Makita lawn mowers are not recommended to wash water – they are clean without moisturizing, brushes or soft cloth. When identifying faults, it is recommended to contact the service center, pre-eliminating possible operational errors. For example, if the grass collector is not filled, it is necessary to check whether the height of the cut is set correctly, if necessary, increase it.
The problem may also be associated with the blurred blade or excessive moisture.
The problem of an incomprehensive electric motor may be associated with damage to the power cable or non-voltage in the network. Besides, The engine will not work if its housing or unloading channel has been hammered by grass, the incorrect height of the cut is exhibited.
Makita electric lawn mower review See next video.