For production, as well as artistic creativity associated with the treatment of wood, canonical are considered smooth trunks with minimal deformation. That is, Karelian Birch in this sense cannot be allocated. In this case, this breed is one of the most valuable. This is the case when flaws become a profitable feature. During their account, the tree acquires a marble texture, amazing and unsurpassed.
During the reign of Catherine II, Forestry Fawel examined the forests of the North-West of Russia. There he discovered trees that did not meet before. At first glance – ordinary birch, and from the inside it seems that it is not a tree in it, but a true marble.
In 1857, the domestic scientist Mercklin called the “Karelian Birch” breed (at the place of detection).
This is a type of birch by rolling, having thickening on the table (kapa) and confused-tanned texture. But, the main thing is that Karelian birch He has a unique picture on a spear, which turns out to be such due to the interlacing fibers. Her wood is very solid and viscous. This birch hound boast can not.
In any description it will be said that it grows scattered, if the group is small. Thickets do not form. Can be a tree or shrub from 5 to 20 m high. There are in nature and bushes giants, and dwarf bushes. Crowns of trees rarefied, shapes torn.
- wood leaf falling;
- The average diameter of the barrel is 40 cm;
- Flowers of the Karelian Birch Birch, are collected in inflorescences;
- Unripe male earrings stay on the tree and in the winter, the women’s in spring appear;
- Little winged seeds will become mature at the outcome of the summer;
- Sheet plate has a triangular shape, the base is wide, the top is a wedge-shaped, the edge of the bicon-gear.
Chief Sign of Karelian Birch – Yamchataya, Very Dense Wood. On the cutting of the array, you can see chaotic dark inner splashes and compacted grooves, located around the perimeter. Kapa and make the drawing of the birch “marble”.
The most decorative stem is considered an incomplete, there are many seals. The higher the tree, the less its relief. Korilsky tree bark is coarser, young trees – red-brown. The light birch layer appears only in the village, which has already been 4 years old. And over time this layer will be easily separated by long ribbons.
The bugness of the trunks creates special wood, patterned. The annual layers of this wood are bent with waves, the fibers are multidirectional, and the core rays germinate into a soft cloth. In the texture of the tree a lot of swovels and dark inclusions, right up to contrast. I must say that the fibers, as well as their size and the drawing of wood always different. They are distinguished by color, length and width. Fibers are visualized by curvy lines and wrong figures – a non-gun imprint, a decent artistic brush, is formed on a weathered.
If in the center of the trunk it is possible to detect a link close to the crust, it is considered good luck. More precisely, if all the trunk has a swivel drawing at the tree, it is very valued in woodworking.
- curls and plexus fibers form Special shine, Rays and spots that really look like marble;
- Yellow, Brown, Pink, Milk Shades – Here is the palette of the colors of the Karelian birch;
- Weight of this wood exceeds 30% of ordinary birch weight.
As for mechanical properties, they have not yet been studied 100%. But, for example, it is known that resistance to compression depends on how the fibers are located. Wood density high, resistance static bending low. Razeliness is very high. The more winding concrete tree, the sooner it doubts.
There are several versions, why the patterns of Karelian birch are so quaint format. The most popular idea is as follows: Pathogenic microflora, it’s about it. However, the arguments are essential and arguments – a healthy tree is not infected when. Yes, and did not identify researchers of those organisms that could leave such drawings. There is an opinion that kambia death is responsible for patterns, in some zones it weakens its activity. And also “accused” in this hormone heteroaceksin, which, with an increase, can give such a drawing, adjusting the level of sucrose.
Regions of growth
The main region is the north-western part of Russia. Growing birch in Karelia, Leningrad, Yaroslavl, Kaluga, Bryansk, Vladimir regions. You can meet it in the Baltic States, Belarus, Scandinavian countries, in Ukraine. Occasionally detect Karelian Birch in the south Carpathians, even less often – in Poland and Germany.
Type type varieties
Karelian birch has “rivals” – Ice and Dalacarly. The latter is a type of birch of birch, and it is known, first of all, very beautiful dissected leaves. But Karelian Birch offers a variety inside the type. For example, by the type of barrel.
- Cooling. These trees have no exactly pronounced axis, because in the process of growth, the trunk can be filled with side sprigs. It happens that instead of the main trunk, both vertical shoots are developing, and those that grow under a slope. In any case, there will be a particularly developed root part of the trunk. In the corrupt birch birch, the shoots are terminated by non-stitched kidney, but by two-three adjacent kidneys forming the Wilic branching. And this type of branching (unless, of course, allows lighting and free location) reveals the valuable features of the tree. At the incomplete part of the corrupt birch, the most attractive wood. But in nature it is not enough, the wood outlet will be small, because it is actually not used in industry.
- Short stock. The trunk of this species is noticeably shorter, also the height, and the form, and the structure of the crown. Krone has a wide spreadability, it is rounded, a lot of leaves. The main axis of the tree is replaced by several equally fixed thick branches. Burnt this kind of Karelian birch is a reson: from the bottom hard part can be taken, albeit short, but elegant texture of the ridges.
- High-vehicle. This plant has the height of the trunk normal (or almost normal). That is, the birch is almost no different. The tree is well cleaned from the boring, in the norm he has a lot. From this type, it is possible to obtain logs reaching 4-5 meters. And it will be really valuable acquisition.
Landing and care
Breeding of Karelian Birch – Vacation of nurseries with research institutes. Independently grow this kind of not easy. Whether the pioneer will be at the seed, there are no guarantees. There are statistics according to which the patternedness will remain no more than a third of cases. I.e, Just 30% of the healthy trees that have grown up with a unique wood pattern. The rest of the trees will grow by conventional hurried birch.
If it is decided to plant, it is necessary to do it in spring or autumn. The composition of the soil is not so important, but the lights should be enough. Because the best place for Karelian birch will be an open area.
When digging holes for seedlings, you need to adhere to such a rule – they should be largely a large root system of the young treet. Landing in the ground can be accompanied by the introduction of a recoverable compost, a cowboy or a leaf leveling. Also add urea or ammonium salter. When the landing is completed, the tree must be plentifully.
- The first years is very important Birch from drying, As soon as the heat sank – a tree need to pour;
- So that the water is better preserved in the ground, the priority circles are necessary mulch – will come down for this peat, needles, ordinary sawdust;
- A couple of times in the season you need Put complex minudes, which stimulate the growth of birch;
- and here form no haircut, If this is done, the crown will be recovered slowly;
- if Trim, then only patients or already dead shoots and only in spring until it began;
- where the shoots had to cut, you need to treat the wound Sadovy Vary.
Special winter care and protection will not need. Cold and roots, and the trunk will move calmly.
Poach trigs caused a lot of damage to Karelian Birch. I had to connect dendrologists. Already almost 90 years, a rare type of birch is grown artificially. And the largest landings of Karelian beauty sheltered the Kivach Reserve.
Divide the plant is possible.
- Seed fashion – This option is used mainly in nurseries. Experts keep under control pollination and maturation. Even before landing for three months, seeds are stored in the cold. Seed seeds in open ground, grounding them on meter-one and a half. One square meter accounts for about 1 g of seeds. The proportion that rose must dive.
- Vegetative method – This option is good, which predicts the patterned trees to a greater extent. For vaccinations take green cuttings from the tops of the crown. Prepare cuttings in the midst of spring. The material is vaccinated into the splits on the hemp of the old trees, it is possible for the bark. Open sections will be soldered by plasticine. The strapping film is also suitable.
Independently cutlets of Karelian birch can’t roighten. Reproduction with grains will be effective. It is used for this adult plants that have at least 15 years.
Usually under this case, trees preparing for cutting down.
How to distinguish from ordinary?
They are difficult to confuse, although, if we consider that Karelian Birch also has its own varieties, the error is not excluded.
What is the difference between Karelian birch from the rim:
- marble pattern on the cut – But this difference can be noticed, only carefully examined wood inside, drink a tree, for example;
- Branchy, quite curved trunk – this is the surest sign;
- Birch Birch Barba characteristic influx and beatings;
- inside the tree is very twisted, Wood fibers are focusing with a slice plane at different angles;
- Wood herself light, But splashes, creating drawing, dark.
Finally, Karelian Birch can not be found in forest deep depths. But on lake beings, she grows more eagerly.
The first years of their life a young tree is not much different from ordinary birch, its characteristic signs are formed later, after 10 years at least.
In 1917, Brand Faberge made an Easter egg from the wood of Karelian birch – it was the imperial order. Since then, it has been able to estimate the decorativeness of wood, not one generation, but today the valuable material is trying to preserve, that is, to reduce cutting down.
High rating acquired this wood as a diverse material. The same unique woody drawing, more similar to marble, in crafts (caskets, souvenirs) will really decorate the interior. Furniture from Karelian Birch will be chic, valuable acquisition. Musical instruments that are made from this wood look luxurious. Internal decoration of buildings of Karelian Birch is also possible, although this repair is very expensive.
Today, furniture from valuable wood is done very little – The tree becomes rare, you need to save it, because active cutting, which requires furniture production, are not conducted. But Veneer Karelian Birch is applied – this can be called a compromise solution.
What products are in demand:
- Handles for knives – They will give odds to various boho products, as well as the production of Scandinavian brands, because they look and naturally, and not quite familiar;
- Countertops – the luxurious acquisition will be a table from Karelian birch, if it is a veneer, finding such furniture easier;
- Caskets – do not need special decoration, since the material is aesthetically self-sufficient;
- Billiards Kii – The connoisseurs of the game will appreciate the comfortable, reliable and beautiful tool.
By the way, the wood of this tree is also unique in that this is the only material in the world, which is not measured by cubic meters, and kilograms. Everyone used to the forest cube, but Karelian Birch requires a special relationship.
On the market you can sometimes find the bars of Karelian Birch: the craftsmen buy them and make small products themselves – the same handles of knives, decorations, fishing facilities. Such a bar will be valuable find.
Unfortunately, such unusual trees today are considered rare. Regarding the birch of ordinary it is not at all exaggeration. And even though artificial cultivation of the species is carried out, hope only for it will be wrong. This is a difficult lesson, not always successful. Therefore, the dendrologists call on to keep natural frills, take care of them, wisely using a tree in industry.
Of course, after cutting, cutting, drying, processing, the beautiful products are obtained, but even other generations see them, you need to save and restore existing products from Karelian Birch.
Many lovers of natural decor find through the Internet furniture and souvenirs, caskets from Karelian beauty, transform them, extending them.