Own plot always want to make a beautiful and cozy. Garden plants are often used for landscape design, with which it is possible to create unique compositions that attract attention. It is worth considering what plants are suitable for landscape arrangement.
Garden plants are popular among landscape designers. Using various colors and shrubs, you can perform several functions at once:
Create a specific decor, set the atmosphere and mood to the place;
- make the garden comfortable by forming the necessary shadow with the help of trees;
- Level the irregularities of natural relief through the landing of certain compositions;
- Recove the plot from curious eyes or other people’s pets.
Of course, it is impossible to forget about the main function of plants – the production of oxygen. The larger on the site there will be green spaces, the more fresh and clean the air will be.
Overview of colors and herbs
Who would have thought that you can decorate the plot using a regular lawn. At the same time, it is also necessary to approach the choice of suitable herb, because manufacturers produce different types of lawn vegetation. Designers recommend to give preference to mixtures of cereal or matted drought-resistant herbs.
And you can also land on the plot:
If you want to choose other plants for the garden, in addition to the lawn, it is necessary to take into account not only the appearance of green plantings, but also the conditions for the comfort of the cultivation of new seedlings.
Consider popular types of colors and herbs that are often used to decorate the landscape.
Perennials. In this case, preference can be given to frost-resistant varieties of roses – this is a classic that can be found in almost every garden. To grow roses, you can install a special support or stretched cord. And the perennials include peonies that bloom at the beginning of summer, curly clematis and forget-me-not.
- Unpretentious. Standard option for those who are not used to constantly care for flowers and live outside the city. Such plants will grow in any conditions. This group should include velvets, calendula, carnations, daisies who love acidic soil.
- Forest Flowers: Lilies, Prolerski, Bells. It is recommended to grow similar plants in shady places, but also in sunny areas they can survive.
- Bulbous cultures. Included in the group of decorative plants, but due to a large number of species form their own subgroup. Lilies, daffodils, gladioli and crocuses will help to decorate the plot.
Plants can be planted in a flowerbed or distribute along the paths catering on the site.
Attention should be given to exotic cultures that rarely be found in the local landscape.
Lobelia. The flowers of this plant are painted in a gentle blue color, the diameter of the growing ball reaches 25 cm, and bloom occurs from June to late autumn. Looking out a light-insulated lobelia recommended in small pots. If the conditions allow, you can put seedlings in open ground.
- Pennistetum. Meter plant will decorate the autumn garden. A feature of a unique culture is small herbal hairs of silver or purple shade at the end of the stem. The plant does not require special care and watering.
- Liatris. Interesting flower having a candle shape. Like landscape designers with its bright lavender flower. Planting stands in warm and fertile soil.
- Lupine. Another unusual flower with cone-shaped inflorescences capable of becoming an decoration of a country site and attract the attention of everyone who decides to walk around the garden. Lupine is growing mainly on the shaded areas, under the bright sun burns and dies.
Not so long ago in design projects landscapes began to use sharpe decorative pumpkins. This plant can become a real replacement of colors in the autumn period.
Planting culture follows in early May in loose fertile soil. The maximum diameter of the decorative pumpkin reaches 15 cm.
Variety of trees and shrubs
To create attractive landscapes, designers use different types of shrubs, trees and colors, building various compositions from them. Thanks to the unique combinations of plants of different types, it turns out to revive even the most “gray” space of the site, make it brighter and cozy.
The most popular group of plants in landscape design, the advantage of which is the beauty of the crown – they can delight her around. Evergreen belongs to coniferous flame trees:
It is noteworthy that some species closer to winter crown becomes brighter and expressive, acquired a saturated green shade. With the help of fir and pines usually decorate large areas or large gardens.
These trees are recommended to plant at a sufficient distance so that they do not interfere with growing each other and other landings.
TIS is a pretty coniferous plant that feels perfectly in the shade. The maximum height of the tree reaches 3 meters, the needle by the species is dense, completely covers the plant, protecting it from frosts.
Cedars – an even higher kind of evergreen trees, whose height reaches 5 meters under favorable conditions of cultivation. It is better to plant a breed on scanty soils where enough free space.
The best options for evergreen plants for the design of medium or small gardens will be a Tsuga or Mountain Pine.
Both wood are distinguished by an attractive appearance and expressive painting needles.
The garden can be decorated not only by green trees and shrubs, but also decorative plants with attractive and unique flowers.
Camellia. Decorative bush who prefers the sun. Camellia has pretty large flowers of pink shade. Plant leaves glossy. It blooms predominantly in the fall, but the leaves hold longer colors. The moisture-loving plant, followed by careful care.
- Tamarisk. During flowering, the bush throws a huge amount of pink and white small colors. Small flowers collected in attractive inflorescences will help make the garden landscape more cozy and cute.
- Lilac. Popular Garden Band Shrub. Spring on the branches of the plant appear white and lilac brushes with fragile flowers. Lilac flowers long, but only once in the year.
You can decorate the garden or a large railway area and other beautiful colors. Designers will definitely select the appropriate option, which perfectly fit into the composition and will help make the landscape attractive and cozy.
Such bushes and trees have an expressive unique color, for which the attention of landscape designers attracted. Basically, decorative substrate plants are winter-hardening varieties of cultures, among which several names can be highlighted.
White Deren. Cute garden bush with unusual leaflets whose cut is painted in silver color. Colors plant does not produce, but it does not become less attractive. Shrub does not require much care, quickly coming.
- Breeding beelandist. Unusual plant with expressive leaves that closer to the autumn season change color on pink. In the spring, small inflorescences can be noticed on the shrub. Grows bush usually in shaded places.
- Barberry. Most varieties of plants have red leaves and please the surrounding bright berries that appear on branches closer to autumn. Bustard Barbaris landscape prefer to plant near evergreen crops or decorative colors.
- Decorative maple. Often occurs in spacious gardens. The advantage of the plant consists in the possibility of giving it to Crone of any form. Looking out a tree recommended on sunny areas, in winter it is better to strengthen the maple with protective materials.
And the garden can be decorated with holly, Weigel and bubbler. These are common cultures that do not require special care and quickly learn in any conditions.
Garden design is diverse and offers many ideas for registration. In addition to standard plants, it is also possible to reflect the section with fruiting dwarf pears or apple trees. Beautifully, finally, such cultures will look like:
Plus plants in the fact that they will not only decorate the garden, but will benefit in the form of delicious fruits.
How to issue a garden?
The design of the landscape requires a thorough approach to the choice of plants and the compilation of compositions that will decorate the selected section. The compatibility of floral, evergreen and woody crops will give a qualitative result and will help make a garden at the cottage cozy and comfortable for staying.
Here are some recommendations for the design of a country garden.
Trees and shrubs better land in advance areas, the ideal option will be the distribution of plants along the fence. And also with the help of crops, children’s zones, recreation and sports zones, is distinguished, which helps to improve air quality and at the same time achieve the necessary shadow from the crown of trees.
- Shadowish cultures should be planted in the northeast or northwestern part of the site. The main decorative elements of the landscape are distinguished from the facade side of the house.
- When forming a flower plant or organization of vertical landscaping, it is necessary to envisage that the plants will not cease to bloom throughout the summer. Therefore, in the flower beds or on the strabs, it is recommended to disembark both primroses and flowers that give flowers later.
- Beauty of green vegetation can be emphasized by green lawns. For this, lawns are suitable for different types.
- Arches and arbors can also be decorate with plants. For example, grapes will look good, growing every season, as well as plenty roses.
- Create a corner of the real forest will help land blocks decorated under natural landscape. In this case, it will be necessary to include in the design project Alpine slides, trees and shrubs that are found in the forest.
In the formation of any composition, it is important to keep the sense of measure, stylistics and the entourage of the future landscape.
During the design process, you need to choose the stylistics of the future garden, which will subsequently help to organize the effective selection of the necessary plants and decorations. For example, Baroque style is characterized by the abundance of flower arrangements. It will greatly help the perennials in combination with annual seasonal flowers that will make the landscape bright.
Any style can be complemented by attributes – in small details, with which it will be possible to emphasize the features of the landscape and arrange the necessary accents.