One of the most popular varieties of Roses “Aloha” (Aloha) cannot be accessed. This is a plenty rose opened by the famous German breeder W. Söhne Kordes in 2003. In 2006. Rose was marked by the Honorary Literature Orléans Rose Trials (France). This is an extraordinary view of a plant with a perfect form of bud, characterized by abundant flowering and tender orange color. Other names: ALOHA, ALOHA Hawaii, Korwesrug.
Plants “Aloha” have the following description:
- The height of the bush is about 2.5 meters, the width reaches 100 cm;
- The diameter of the cupid flower – on average 10 cm;
- Coloring flowers apricot, pink, with different shades, on the back of the petal petals; On the stem may be from 5 to 10 buds with 50 petals;
- The aroma is pleasant, moderately intense, with light fruit notes;
- Large leaves, smooth, shiny, bright green color; Rose has high, rigid stems with lots of spikes;
- landing period – mid-spring or autumn;
- blooms for a long time – from June to September; The break between flowering is almost not noticed due to the fact that flowers in inflorescences are revealed alternately;
- has high vitality, resistant to pests and frost.
Decorativeness of the variety “Aloha” lies in the unusual and abundant flowering of the plant. Buds are slowly open, and a huge number of petals of the heat-pink shade are shown. As the flower dissolves, its more complex color is manifested: inside burgundy petals burn out to a gentle raspberry with a shade of light orange, when the external petals from dark pink become light pink. The dark back side of the petals and pale their edges create an impression of color overflow.
Garmoniously carries out the plethomous rose “Aloha” next door to geranium, violets, cornflowers, lavender, samshet. This variety looks great on vertical columns, columns, arches, arbors. For successful formation of a rose shape, it is necessary as the stems are heard to direct them and tie them with a plastic twine to the support. Fix the shoots are not recommended, as it causes damage to gentle rose stems.
Important! This variety has a “twin” ALOHA American production 1949. Nevertheless, the German hybrid “Aloha” is not easy to confuse with other plants due to the uniqueness of his decorative properties.
Pros and cons
From positive parties It is worth noting the following:
- The decorativeness of the variety is an unusual beauty and a form of flowers of the plethous rose attracts more and more fans;
- long and abundant period of flowering;
- Relative unpretentiousness and resistance to pests that may appear only with extreme careless leaving of the plant.
Among the negative sides, the following should be noted:
- Heavy inflorescences often sag to Earth, so “aloha” very much needs a solid backup;
- The stalks of the plant are covered with multiple spikes, which can cause inconvenience when leaving (trimming, transplanting, wrapped in winter);
- This variety needs fertile soil, so it is necessary to fertilize it in a timely manner (at least 1 time in 2-3 weeks).
The plenty rose “Aloha” is great for landing in an open ground, but it is worth avoided windy sites. Gusts of strong wind and drafts – this is one of the reasons for the lack of flowers in this variety. Due to the large size of the Rose “Aloch” looks like a tree, so it requires more fertilizer. Plant landing in the ground is carried out strictly by following the following rules:
- If the Rose “Aloha” is planted in the spring, it is necessary to wait until the soil warms up to + 10ºС;
- Plot for landing should be well lighting, but perhaps it is also permissive; If it is planned to land near the building, then it is necessary to choose a place in such a way that the flowing rain water does not fall on the bush;
- A few days before the planting of the plant, the plant must be kept in a stimulating solution of the solution;
- The pit is needed at least 40 cm deep, at the bottom of which necessarily the presence of a drainage layer of small gravel; The next layer is organic fertilizers (at least 10 cm), and then again soil;
- Between the bushes it is recommended to withstand the interval of 1 meter to stimulate the growth of green mass and the strings of young buds;
- The cuttings in the hole need to be installed exactly, as it suits it to the soil cautiously tamper; Among the roots should not be cavities;
- So that the seedling does not disappear, the root neck of the plant should be 3 cm above the level of soil;
- The bush must be abundantly pouring and pouring around a small layer of peat to save moisture in the ground.
Independently propagate the Rose “Aloha” can, rooting the plenty of a vacuum in the middle of spring or at the beginning of autumn.
The main shoots need to be horizontally to grow young branches growing from them. This will help properly arrange the shape of a bush.
Aloha variety is a rather unpretentious plant. It is worth performing such basic care events as:
- Wrestling of weeds;
- regular, but shallow soil loosening;
- Plant fertilizer (depending on the season: in summer – potassium and phosphorus, and spring – nitrogen fertilizers);
- measures prevent diseases and insect attacks;
- watering at least 2 times a week;
- Regular trimming for forming a plant shape; In view of a large number of inflorescences and severity of buds, the plenty rose “Aloha” needs a support.
Important: In the first months after landing, irregular or insufficient watering, as well as the absence of trimming significantly reduce the chances of the accessibility of roses in a new place.
Young seedlings need to be poured abundantly with periodicity of 10 days, but not allow an excess of moisture. Adult plants watered every 15-20 days. For watering a small rose, about 1 bucket of water will be required, and for larger – 2-3 buckets. No later than the onset of the first autumn frosts, the final watering is carried out to replenish the rose moisture. Young plants will need about 30 liters of water, and for adults – 50 liters.
First year after planting Rose “Aloha” requires care in care. It is also important to provide good rooting of the plant. For this purpose, young buds are removed so that the roots have more nutrients. During this period, it is best to save a rose from the “neighbors”, let it grow up, and then put on other plants to it.
Only normal conditions and sufficient care guarantee all the stated characteristics of the Rose “Aloha”.
Rules of wintering and trimming
Protecting the shoots of the variety “Aloch” is best done at the beginning of spring, before the beginning of the growing season. To rejuvenate old plants and giving the shape of the shrub, use a strong trimming, leaving 2-3 kidneys on shoots. The average trimming provides abundant and early flowering (about 5 kidneys leave on the shoot) and more often applies to the shape of the plenty. Faded shoots and inflorescences are removed in summer (weak trimming).
Winter Rose “Aloha” transfers well, but with stable frosts, the plant must be stolen. Bushes are carefully removed from the supports, bind and conquer shoots to the ground on the substrate from the needle or wood. From above Rose “Aloha” is covered with fir branches, agricultural or film. For dipping, it is recommended to use humid or compost.
At the beginning of the spring, shrubs need to be opened and ventilated in order to avoid early swelling of the kidneys under underfloor material.
Favoric Gardening Reviews
More Positive Feedbacks Grade “Aloha” gets for the extraordinary beauty of buds, their abundant bloom. A smooth transition from one color to another and gentle aroma of Klybimer “Aloha” does not leave anyone indifferent. With proper care and formation of “living hedges” in some gardeners, a plethoma rose in height reaches up to 3 meters. High resistance to frost and pests deserves separate attention. Gardeners note that rose is able to withstand a decrease in temperature up to -7 ºС, and also tolerates winter safely.
Negative feedback Grade “Aloha” basically gets for his “barred”, which causes inconvenience when trimming and hiding for the winter. It is often noted by an exposure to infection by a bypass tick, which can be avoided by timely measures of prophylaxis. Highly, but very attractive is the “Aloha” grade. But even a novice gardener to grow these beautiful roses. It is only worth organizing the right care and familiarize yourself with the peculiarities of their cultivation.
Overview of the roses of the variety “Aloha” Look in the video below.