Only beds and lawn, at best, a bench or a modest gazebo – such cottages go to the past. Today, in the country’s country, the hosts are trying to embody their creative ambitions, create a cozy place, beautiful, well-maintained, every corner of which is thought out. And although I want individuality, some country attributes have already become a trend, and do not need to refuse such an idea if she really likes. For example, decorative mills for a flowering garden – an excellent version of the design of any territory.
The epoch when the mill was considered a worker giant, passed. Today, their functions have become unnecessary, because electrification made the grain grinding process more efficient and rapid. But the very design of the mill causes a clear nostalgic experience: small mills charmingly look at the background of a suitable landscape, for example, in the garden in the country.
Mill size can be chosen according to the site. This is just a miniature copy of the real mill, but also a wooden, repeating all the design features of the source.
Stylist Mill is very suitable for the garden, it is quite capable of becoming the main decoration. She harmonizes space, causes pleasant associations from the owners of the cottages and their guests. It makes the garden more lyric, if this word is appropriate, gives him a rustic charm, comfort, which is especially valuable for a city resident.
Say that it will be only a decorative design, it is impossible. Sometimes the mill becomes something like a garden chest: Inside it, you can store some country accessories. You can still use a mill as an item masking irregularities. You can finally designate some important garden sector.
What are there?
Mill is wooden (the most common option) and stone. Structurally, it can be water or wind.
Standard windmill has a trapezoidal form: to one wall join the blades with the function of rotation – so the construction will be the most reliable as possible. Water mill organically “poses” near the little water branch, even a decorative pond. A small cascade or waterfall very often crowned such an object. The decorative structure of the stone will be the most durable, but you won’t call it mobile – where I put it, and will still stand.
Whatever it was, the construction of any materials is decorated with a plot. Even small (up to 1 meter) The mill becomes an exquisite dual decor that talking about buildings that can be found to small sheds, so creatively decorated under the mill.
Any construction begins with the project. First there is an idea – what size will be a design where it will rise from which materials to do it. Examples can be found on the Internet, print, transform to their requests. You can also draw a sketch on your own, based on the most pretty options. Then a plan is drawn up, allowing the most accurate material to calculate the materials.
For example, if it is a stone design, the following materials will be required with high probability:
- brick or its broken fragments capable of becoming the basis;
- sand and cement;
- Natural stone (but the facing tile is exactly suitable);
- Sheet iron or wooden slats (as an alternative – lining) for decorating the blades;
- threaded hairpin;
- Different fasteners.
But more often still build a mill from a tree, sometimes replacing wood plywood. If it is plywood, you should take moisture-resistant material, since any other will quickly lead a product located in the open air,. If the mill is assumed to build a massive, more than 1 m high, will need to make a concrete foundation.
Ready-made mills that can immediately buy and put on the territory, often made from Polisterstone. The same products that are performed by their own hands make literally from the girlfriend, applying and lining, and block mobile, and wire, and any suitable finish (varnish, paint, sampling).
Where to post?
Such a design is able to become the center of the entire composition of the area in the country. And if this is exactly the composition, then it can supplement it a wooden well or decorative hay. Many dackets put on wooden animal figures, break the flower beds in the country-style. The design can stand in anyone convenient for this sector: And in the garden among flowering trees, it will be convincing, and near the terrace, and surrounded by flower beds. It is important that the selected material for the mill and her project itself successfully fits into the landscape and the stylistics of other garden buildings.
In the recreation area, for example, it will be harmonious to look a mill with a waterfall. Near the pond she will be especially harmonious.
The design functionality can be represented as follows:
- Cellar / Saraike for garden tools;
- toilet or summer shower;
- PSA booth;
- House for games;
- Flowerba in several tiers;
- Arbor and even summer kitchenette.
But if there are no such claims from the builder, the mill will not be worse from the fact that the function is limited only to the decorative purpose.
How to make it yourself?
If you are ready to build a mill on the plot, you need to do everything according to step-by-step instructions – from the development of the project to decorative design design.
Schemes and drawings
In the exact project, all elements and parameters are prescribed. The more accurate the drawing, the less problems will appear during construction. Many dackets make a layout on their own. But with the advent of Internet services, the simulation of the design in a special program becomes easier. Finally, a ready-made drawing can be downloaded from the Internet or ask for a third-party specialist to develop it.
Do an eye without drawings – not an option. Even if the mill will have a small size, the risk of inaccuracies is great. In the drawings and diagrams, everything is written: from parameters to form.
Nevertheless there is a difference – make a mill rectangular or round, wooden or stone.
Suppose it is decided to build a wooden mill. This object does not need a foundation because he a priori must be mobile, so that if the host is desired by the site. If it seems that with this approach, the mill will not be sustained, the role of the foundation will take over 4 legs from the bar, it must be sharpened at the ends. On the one hand, the legs are fixed to the bottom of the platform support, on the other – turn out to be stuck in the soil.
If the construction is designed for a solid, that is, there, for example, will be a game house for children, the foundation, of course, is needed. Otherwise, the mill will simply turn over at one moment. Then the foundation of the shallow embarrassment is done, going around the perimeter of potential walls.
Design resistance will give the support platform. This means that from the bar you will need to collect a suitable square square. And in order to increase the rigidity, the opposite corners are connected crosswise. If the builder wishes, the area of this support platform may be greater than the base of the mill, which will warn the wooden product from tipping, if, for example, there will be a strong wind. And such a platform will serve as a platform for other decorative needs in the country – you can make a decorative fence.
If the stone mill, the foundation is accurately necessary for her, Otherwise, the construction risks sailing along with the soil in the spring or rainy days. How deep will the bookmark, depends on the parameters of the mill. If its height does not exceed one to one and a half meters, you can dig 40×40 cm fumes, in depth – 35 cm. Inside of this patch, fit the reinforcement and pour the standard cement-sandy solution. The foundation must be fascinated, it will take at least 2-3 days. And only after that the construction continues.
Creating a carcass
The most simple case for the wooden construction will be a trapezoidal box. It is necessary to attach four equestlinal bars to the built before this platform platform. Top of the edge articulated by a timber horizontally for additional fixation. Assembly requires symmetry, this rule cannot be ignored. The edges of the resulting design are usually trimmed with wood.
With a stone mill the situation is a bit more difficult. Usually the finished house inside is not empty, so the foundation is done. This is either a brick or brick fragments. The owner makes the laying of the necessary form, its size can be any. Mill itself is more often done either a trapezoidal or cone-shaped. The binding element will be the usual cement-sandy solution. To ensure the evenness of the built structure, the level of any kind is applied.
When the brick is stacked, the mill is at the bottom of the mill – in the future she fastens the blade. On this hairpin, you need to fight the plate in advance or simply fasten a large nut, she will hook the masonry. At the same time, it is certainly necessary to leave other technical openings at the base of the design: when the solution will clarify, it will not be changed physically. That is, drill masonry can be, but there is a risk of a split of the whole base.
There are options: the roof is two-tie or that a little more complicated, four-tie. Four slides are more convenient for massive structures, and if the mill is not higher than one and a half meters and a two-tie roof. It is usually done like this: from the bar need to be leding two butters so that the triangle is. Previously, large mills were covered with roofing tiles. Today, the material that was taken under the foundation can be used for a decorative mill, for example, color Proflist or modern Tile, but made in retro style. Under the roof itself, first the plywood slot.
The butcher of the roasted ribs will close the horse: you can use both the finished part and made yourself. If you refuse the skate, the roof will create an impression of an unfinished building. Yes, and the inside of the rest will easily penetrate the rain. The finished roof should be put on the mill body and inside to fix long screws.
Propeller – a separate chapter in constructing. These are the blades, rotated by the wind, the most recognizable and charming part of the windmill. One way to collect such:
- Cut 2 circles from plywood with a diameter of about 20 cm, in the center of the drill to do the hole under the heel;
- Separately assemble the blades from the rail: so that the wind can turn the screw and rotate the millstone, in a genuine mill they will be slightly at an angle to alleviate air capture – this trick can be used for decorative design;
- Details need to be treated with a suitable antiseptic and paint paint or toned with vengeance;
- The blades at an equal interval must be held between two plywood circles with glue or bolts;
- The finished propeller must be installed on the heel, with both sides, tightening the nut.
There is another way to build a propeller, namely:
- Two long robs Cross on the cross are fasten with glue;
- In the center where they intersect, the hole is done under the heel;
- The rake-blade is fixed on each edge;
- The assembled propeller is watered on the heel, attached nuts;
- If the blades are made from the screw metal (which is also quite possible), sharp edges of the metal are processed, the parts are welded with each other;
- Iron necessarily stains to avoid rust.
The frame is trimmed very and very carefully: it is important to observe the proportions and sizes. Often during the trim, the builder decides to make the window either the door – and it is exclusively decorative elements. The roof is formed precisely during the process. Standard mill decide to separate plywood, but the sheathing board is also possible. Boards are pre-grinding. Often, a block chapel is used for the trim: it perfectly imitates the log laying. And as aesthetic moment this idea is very successful.
Even before the skin, it makes sense to think about the stylization of the structure.
- If it is a Japanese-style building, there will definitely be combined with stones, vegetation and water. This is a simple, elegant and minimalistic solution. Bright plants next to a similar mill will be inappropriate, but the bamboo is perfectly harmonized with the design.
- The mill in Country-style is perfect for a plot, where there are already wooden buildings of various purposes. Wood, straw, plants, mill, pond look very cute.
- Russian-style mill looks like country, Only more clearly resembles a fabulous hut made from rude rounded bars. There may be a vane, and clay products as an addition, and a low braided fence. And the best floral framing will be chamomiles.
Finish and decor
Best natural scenery for mill will be vegetation. Greens and flowers most organically completed the composition with this building. Based on what will be near the mill, you need to choose its color. Paint, tint or lacquer – everything should be consonant in this cottage composition.
Often decoration next to the mill will be some kind of garden figure. For example, a cute stork that “walks” nearby, or cheerful frogs, if a pond is located next to the windmill. Sometimes it is a decorated wheel that played the role of flowerbeds or simply lies for beauty and authenticity.
But the most interesting options can be found in photo productions.
Examples of beautiful crafts
How the homemade mill transforms the landscape design can be seen from the examples below. Consider a detailed composition with a mill in the garden.
- Very beautiful and not a small mill is not lost against the background of greenery, but only emphasizes natural beauty. There are a lot of decorative elements in the design, the author used both white color for clarity – if there are other white elements on the site, it is a very convenient barcode.
- This building is part of the common wooden composition. It is very interesting to framing the design by stones. Are appropriate here and lanterns who will certainly create a romantic situation in the evenings.
- Not the biggest mill breathing in greenery. Door can be quite functional. A good idea will be hiding inside the hotel for grandchildren, if the owners of the mill – Grandma and Grandpa.
- Very beautiful construction, conveniently established at the charming garden track. Excellent finish, much attention is paid to decorative details, successful proportions.
- “Slender” mill with a big windmill – Little handicraft that will decorate cottages.
- If it is terrible to build something volumetric, you can start with such a modest size, but a pretty facility.
- An unusual shape of the mill – she’s just possible to come up with a useful feature. Inside the garden tool can be stored, for example.
- Stone building can also be cute and cozy, but requires special works.
- Neighbors will be survived if such a large-scale construction appears in the country. Little Saraike, only very unusual shape.
- Complete composition that creates a special, village atmosphere on the plot.
How to make a decorative mill for the garden, look in the video.