Cream roses can be found in the gardens of the whole world. Due to its rare color, excellent aesthetic data and aroma, they are believed to the most beautiful varieties. Such unusual flowers were brought in the 17th century by China’s florists when crossing pink and light tea roses, on the same day, decorative qualities of the plant were improved, and it can be grown on both household sites outside the city and in parks.
Roses with a cream tint belong to the picturesque varieties of colors, their main feature is considered a dark cream color of petals, which often in the middle of the bud has a pink. These bush grades are well suited for cutting and landscaping in landscape design. Especially exquisitely look roses during flowering, when they are pleased with their unusual color and thin aroma. Plants are characterized by medium frost resistance.
Almost all grades of cream roses are branched plants, which in the development process form a high bust of oval shape, some species reach a height of 1.2 m, others – 1.8 m and above. Branches of roses arcuate, strong, have little spikes. Buds are distinguished by terrain and assemble from 50 petals, their diameter does not exceed 10 cm.
Variety of varieties
Cream roses are represented by many species, each of which has its own visual qualities and features. The best varieties of colors include the following varieties.
- “Louis de Füne”. These are small pink and cream flowers with a pleasant aroma. The bushes of roses are weakly resistant and high, they are well adapted to various climatic conditions and unpretentious in care.
- “Bela Pearl”. It is characterized by beautiful medium-sized buds, on the edges of the petals of which are pink bezel. Such roses look gorgeous in the gardens, resistant to diseases and bloom throughout the season.
- “Princess Monaco”. A feature of the subspecies is a white-cream color of petals with a purple edging. Buds during flowering are not completely disclosed, which gives them a charming and romantic type. Bush plants small, strong, stems covered with dark green foliage with light gloss.
- Osian. In this variety, flowers, in addition to the main creamy shade, can have rosium and white bodies. Bud shape Beautiful, rose leaves Bright green and large. The main advantage of culture is that it is resistant to frost and fungal diseases.
- “Diva”. Great for growing on large garden sites, as the plant has large buds and high bushes. Roses are immune to the heat, cold and practically not exposed to diseases.
- “Grace”. Represents one of the varieties of spray grades. Thanks to the ideal form of buds, sweet flavors and long-lasting flowering, this rose is in great demand among many gardeners. Flowers painted in a gentle apricot shade, along the edges of the petals are a bit darker. Bud tight and has a peculiar form, it consists of a large number of petals (from 41 to 90). The height of the bush reaches 90 cm, the plant withstands frost to -20 and resistant to diseases such as black spot and mildew.
Landing and care
So that cream roses serve as the main decor in landscape design, they need to grow correctly, Providing proper care. This plant can be planted with several methods, most often for transplanting seedlings, cuttings, chains or a bush are used. At the same time, the landing of seedlings is considered the most popular, since the rose is faster. Before you start a seedlings, you need to properly choose the planting material, giving preference to samples with a powerful root system, without signs of the disease.
Optimal time for roses is considered autumn. Before forming a rosary, it is important to decide on the place of placement. Good for this is the territory near the house or terrace. It is not recommended to plant a plant near fruit shrubs and trees, as a shadow will be formed, which will negatively affect the development, and will be able to lead to the death of culture. In addition, the plot must be protected from drafts.
Cream roses love fertilized soil, sandy ground for their cultivation does not fit. If there is a dense and clay land on the site, then it must be improved in advance with the help of manure, turf, lime and peat. The fertilizer of soil phosphoric, nitrogen and potassium compositions is also not hindered, they will increase its acidity. It will have to enrich the plot at the beginning of each season and during the development of the plant. For each seedling, a hole is prepared with a diameter and a depth of 50 cm. It is poured with warm water and execute landing.
Despite the fact that this type of color is unpretentious in care, it is still necessary to provide timely trimming, watering, feeding, loosening soil and cleaning of weeds. In addition, to prevent diseases and pests appearance, preventive processing of bushes should be periodically. So that the plant during growth has a beautiful shape, you need to trim. This is usually done in spring until the season of vegetation, in the summer when dry buds appears, and in the fall for shortening the stems.
Before the beginning of the first frosts of the rose bushes need to be stolen. In November, prepare special shelter from the earth, peat and facothy. It needs to be removed before the appearance of the first kidneys, if this is not done, then the flowers may die. Watering cultures need moderately, since excessive moisture can cause the appearance of insects and fungal diseases. Protect roses from pests will help their neighborhood with plants having a sharp smell, so often on rosary placed lavender and calendula.
If the summer is very roast, then the bushes should be sprinkled with ash, it will save them from pests. When detecting bushes affected by diseases, chemical treatment is carried out. To prevent the distribution of infection to healthy flowers, sore stems cut and burned.
Growing pionic roses
One of the species of cream roses is considered pionic. They are distinguished by an unusual form of bud, which has a similarity with peony. Such colors are an original addition to any landscape design, because they are well combined with other colors. Cultivation of pionic roses is simple, but it is important to take into account some features.
Planting seedlings are usually carried out in the spring, pre-pre-preparing a hole in a depth of 50 and 100 cm wide. Regardless of the soil composition, it is necessary to float a small layer of horse manure. In addition, improving the survival rate of a seedliness will help the processing of the root system by means of stimulating growth. To make a beautiful rosary on the site, the plants are recommended to disseminate 50 cm from each other, applying a triangle scheme.
After successful wintering, the flowers should be filtered, fertilizers are made strictly according to the instructions, otherwise the oversupply of nutrient elements can lead to yellowing and falling out foliage. For each variety of pionic roses, a separate type of fertilizer is provided. You can only water such roses only with warm water when dry peel appears on the top layer of the soil. Irrigation is performed in the evening, under the root system.
Care for pionic robes provides for timely pruning. Blooming bushes should be trimmed by 1/3 of the length. In the fall, the plant cease to fertilize and prepare for winter. For this, the foliage and branches are cut off, then the shoots are wrapped with straw and mulch dry foliage. It is impossible to cover roses by film, because due to lack of air, they may die.
As for breeding, it is possible to breed pionic roses in various ways. Gardeners usually use the following types of techniques.
- Shining. It is carried out at the beginning of autumn, the site is pre-selected for disembarking, it is sprinkled well and fertilized by humus. Then the branches are trimmed in such a way that three sheets remain on them, two lower sheets are cut off, and the topmost left. Prepared cuttings planted into a moisturized land at a distance of 15 cm from each other, one leaf should remain on the surface. After that, cuttings for protection against frosts are covered, you can use cropped plastic bottles. In the spring, with the advent of leaves on the cuttings, begin to transfer to a permanent site.
- Landing seeds. This method is rarely applied, since the cultivation of roses is not one year. In addition, it requires high-quality material for sowing, and the flowering of adult plants can differ significantly from parental.
- Reproduction with chains. This method is considered the easiest and often use beginner gardeners. The process of disembarking is carried out, as a rule, in the middle of summer. The plot selected for the temporary landing of the material is drunk, fertilize and prepare. To do this, a small incision is made at the bottom of the branch, and it is attached to the ground using a special bracket, then the soil is falling asleep and watering. The end of the branch is fixed to the faded in the ground and in the spring it is separated from the bush, planting on a permanent place in the garden.
- Budding. This method can only be used by experienced gardeners, because on the rosary rose you need to make a T-shaped incision and put the kidney of the selected variety.
Usage in landscape design
To date, there are many options for creating a decorative rosary on a nursery with cream roses. “Royal” flowers can be placed in vases, flower beds or to form a living fence with them. At large cottages, it looks beautifully vertical roses.
In order for flowers to fit harmoniously into a general type of design, only one variety must be applied. In the event that it is planned to make long flower beds, it is important to take into account the size of the bushes.
Since cream roses are pleasing to blooming the whole season, their unusual color can be supplemented by annual plants of other shades. Original compositions can be accommodated both along the garden tracks and in the hedge or near the house. Interestingly, such flower beds look and in recreation areas, but they need to be decorated with natural stones.
About the best varieties of roses blooming all summer, look in the following video.