Coleuses are the type of plants that are characterized by beauty, rapid growth, endurance and lack of difficulties in care. Wide distribution and recognition deserved Koleus Blume, which is a hybrid submitted in various forms and varieties.
Coleus Blume – this is a representative of bright decorative plants, the main feature of which can be called the aesthetic value of leaves, not colors. The foliage of the plant is characterized by velvety, it is painted in different color shades. This representative is considered room inhabitant, but can feel perfectly in the garden.
The perennial plant refers to the clariform and lubber, it has a meaty stem, which is treated for time. In the height of Koleus Blume can reach 0.1-0.8 meters. The dimensions of the flower influence the peculiarities of care. Each type of variety has a different form of foliage, which can be elongated, oval, heart-shaped and having gear edges. The color of the foliage of the semi-staple is different, it can be brown, red-burgundy, dirty-orange and even almost black.
The period of blossoming of the semi-stabilizer falls on the spring-summer period, at this time, lilac-lilac small flowers appear on the colesis, having a two-way whin and aqueous inflorescence. The people of Blumes are also called indoor nettle, due to the characteristic form of foliage.
Thanks to the efforts of crop scholars, Koleus Blume has a large number of species that are represented as semi-departments and herbaceous plants. Among the bright representatives of the plant can be allocated at least 10 names of varieties that are particularly popular with gardeners.
- “Fun”. This Koleus is annual, it is able to grow up to 25 cm. The form of the leaves of the plant is quite unusual, so the view is popular among the flower water.
The plant is characterized by compactness, the speed of the generation of the bush, the brightness of foliage with dissected tips.
- “Evening Zarya”. This decorative semi-staple is in demand not only as a room flower, but also as a garden plant. It is quite simply grown with the help of seeds, so to acquire such a cake under the power even a beginner flower. From the rest of the varieties of “Evening Zama” distinguishes the motley paint color, the velvety of the texture and the diversity of the sheet form.
Lessons do not have a burnout under the influence of sun rays, their color they retain a long time.
- Orange is a perennial decorative plant that can be grown as a homo-garden in the garden or as a room flower. Description shows that this representative is characterized by compactness. Orange leaves have carved edges and a two-color color – they are terracotta with yellow cut. This is a thermal-loving plant, it does not like shadows and extra moisture. The perennial found its application in landscaping flows and borders.
The plant looks beautifully in the flower bed, on the balcony and in the container on the room windowsill.
- “Fileway” – This is a decorative deciduous perennial. Koleus this type is used not only as a room flower, but also as a garden or flower decoration. The color of the plants are diverse, the foliage of the representative has carved edges.
- “Gold” It is considered a popular type of decorative campaign. It has an interesting yellow-green color. The plant does not create difficulties in growing and beautifully looks in compositions with other colors.
Seedlings landed in the ground in the first days of June, grow a semi-staple can up to 0.3 meters.
- “Coral sunrise”. This decorative plant is distinguished by grace and refinement. It grows up to 0.3-0.35 meters. The collapse color is pretty bright, the flower is characterized by velvetiness and a variety of sheet shape. Pink foliage color, it is covered with yellow-green spots. Kima leaves juicy and green.
- “Mosaic”. Koleus of this species is an unusual and bright plant, it is grown for bright velvety foliage. The main differences between “mosaic” from other plants is the striped spottedness of the leaves. The prevailing colors of the representative can be called green, creamy, red.
- “Scarlet” represents a perennial plant, a characteristic feature of which red foliage with yellow border.
This semi-staple grows up to 30 centimeters and serves as an excellent decoration of not only the interior, but also exterior.
- “Ruby”. This type of coleuce is a perennial. It is characterized by an unusual ruby color of the leaves that have a yellow-green kaima. Plant loves heat.
It is often used for decorative landscaping of flower beds and balconies.
- “Vizard Golden”. Compact plant, the grade is characterized by a height of 30 cm and a diameter of 25-30 cm. The foliage of the representative is bright and lemon yellow, therefore the name of the plant is appropriate.
Methods of breeding
Koleus Blume – this is the kind of plant that can be easily grown from seeds. You can buy them in a specialized store. Sowing a oscillation should be carried out in March, Since at this time there is a large amount of sunlight. The container with the material sown in it must be put On the sunny window sill.
Seed up the nettle in a flat oblong capacity, the soil should be moistened. After sowing is over, it is worth covering a container with a film, thus creating a greenhouse effect. Flower should remember that the distance between seeds should be at least 5 cm.
Do the deepening for each seed is not worth it, they can be scattered, and after sprinkling with water.
With a lack of time for reproduction of Blume, seeds can be used in another way. The reproduction of cuttings is carried out by placing the plant in the pot, filled with substrate, and the subsequent transfer to the warm room. To increase the speed of rooting, it is worth using tank cover with cuttings.
Ready cuttings can also be placed in a glass with water, waiting for the appearance of the roots. When a young coleus is ready to root, it should be transplanted into the soil. If you wish to get a magnificent plantation, you can put a few cuttings in one pot. Thus, flowerflowers get a mixture of multi-colored leaves in one container.
Growing and care
Before planting a flaw in the soil, you need to create maximum favorable conditions for it. In the open Earth, the plant is worth landing in April – at this time there is still no strong heat, but the weather is quite warm.
Room Blood Care does not imply anything complicated. Since the plant loves good lighting, it should be determined on any window, except for the North. The correctness of the lighting determines the uniqueness of the leaf color, as well as the pomp of the semi-station. Lack of lighting will entail foliage foliage and excessive stretching of the plant.
The optimal temperature indicator for indoor nettle is 23-25 degrees of heat.
In winter, a half-walker requires additional lighting, as well as the temperature not lower than +17 degrees.
When it’s hot on the street, You can not allow the stems and leaves of the coles. That’s why In the hot summer, in addition to regular and abundant irrigation, there is also a spraying. It is worth noting that the lack or oversupply of moisture can lead to drying and falling off foliage. Winter watering should be held once a week, But the best option will be constant control over the state of the soil.
In the winter months to feed the flaw once in 30 days. In the warm period of the year, namely, in the spring, in the summer, the fall fertilizes the semi-stabinar than once a week. To properly grow, nettle is needed nitrogen. The optimal option for the plant is a comprehensive feeder that is sold in stores.
In order to avoid stretching indoor nettle and ensure its pomp, you need to exercise under cutting and september.
Diseases and pests
Despite the fact that Koleus is considered an unpretentious plant, The flower plant may have the following difficulties in its cultivation.
- Attack Tlima, web tick, When detecting which it is worth using insecticides.
- Appearance Brown spots. This feature indicates excessive dryness of air indoors, which should be eliminated immediately.
- Fitting the lower foliage and loss of brightness of the top indicate a shortage of minerals, so the nettle should be regularly fertilized.
- Holding roots – This is the consequence of low quality soil. To eliminate the problem, it is necessary to carry out and land the surviving cuttings.
To grow a flaw flower, it does not need a lot of strength and knowledge. Subject to compliance with all the rules for plant care, you can become the owner of a beautiful and original flower in a pot or in the garden.
About how to transplant flaw cuttings, you can learn more.