Charming chalk (pleasant) fully justifies its name. This unusual decorative plant can be decorated with any garden. However, in our country, this shrub is not very popular yet. That is why we suggest you learn better what is the collection, how to properly care for her and what the features of its use in garden landscaping.
Polivia is pleasant represents a monophonic long-term shrub. In the natural environment, culture is common in Western China. In the countries of the Old World, the culture was delivered more than 100 years ago, but never got widespread in gardens and landscape design.
Crown of a spherical type plants, a piglet near the roots of abundant. In the wild, height reaches 3 m, and the width of the crown reaches 4 m. Effective varieties are more compact – their dimensions do not exceed 1-2 m.
Young branches are originally straight, but as the arch rise is bend in the form of the arch, leaning down under the severity of colors. Bark brownish-red shade, in the process of growing plants is placed by plates.
The leaves are quite wide, oval, closer to the top slightly pointed, at the edges of the shaggy. The upper half of the plate is usually painted into a dark burgundy color, closer to the base the shade becomes lighter, with the onset of the autumn foliage acquires a red or saturated yellow roller.
Filifable flowers in the shape of a bell college are going to inflorescences. Coloring, as a rule, pale pink, flowers exude a pleasant fragrance. Fruit in early September, Fruits are single-headed, dry, covered with light bristles.
Collection can grow in any soil. Culture prefers sunny sections, but in light shadow can give lush flowering.
Plant begins to reach 4-5 years of age. This occurs in spring or summer depending on the natural and climatic conditions of the region. For example, in the central part of Russia, bloom falls at the beginning of July and lasts about 3-4 weeks.
Types and varieties
The varietal variety of culture is small, such varieties are suitable for cultivation in the natural climatic zone of the middle strip of our country as Pink Claud, as well as Rosea and Dream Catcher.
- Pink Claud. The people are famous as “Pink Clouds”. Blossom gently pink, more abundant than all other varieties. At the same time, the shrub is characterized by the smallest dimensions: in adulthood, its height reaches only 80 cm, and the maximum diameter of the crown is 2 m. Shoots grow upright. The variety is characterized by drought and frost resistance.
- Rosea or Rosea. At the very beginning of the flowering “Rose” gives bells of a saturated dark pink color. However, as they dissolve, they become lighter, gradually changing painting on pale pink, almost white. The plant reacts perfectly on trimming, so the flower shapes are forming spectacular smooth balls, the surface of which is sleeping with flowers. Culture shoots can also be issued in the form of a flowering fountain.
With the onset of the autumn “Rosea” does not lose its decorative species – during this period its leaves change the color to the gentle orange.
- Dream Catcher Beauty Bush (Dream Catcher). This plant is unlike all the other varieties. Foliage has a pronounced golden shade. Characterized by resistance to diseases.
Events on planting and cultivation of harvester not represent no difficulty even for inexperienced flower flower. The plant is planted in an open ground with the arrival of spring, when completely passes the threat of return freezers, and the earth will all warm up. For southern regions, the first deck of April is considered to be the first degree for transplantation, for the Moscow region and other territories located a bit north, it is best to carry out work in early May.
Autumn planting is not recommended, especially in regions with severe winters.
The perfect place to plant the collections must meet several requirements.
- Be a well-starved, perplexed openwork feud. If the darkening is significant, the plant simply will not give a coloring.
- Be reliably protected from strong drafts and busting winds. It is best to plant plants near the fence or in any building.
- Groundwater should not walk too high. It is not recommended to land in a lowland where the rainwater and tales snow are possible.
- Best of all shrub grows and blooms on loose and nutritious ground peeled from weaving herbs. Mix the substrate with river sand, reworked manure and compost.
- The soil in which it is planned to plant rings, should give an alkaline or neutral reaction. If the soil is acidic, it must be lime or adding a little unwound wood ash.
To plant shrubs, healthy seedlings aged one or two years with a developed root system are usually selected with a developed root system. During the work on planting culture, it is necessary to adhere to a certain algorithm for action.
- Prepare the boarding pitch with dimensions of 60×60 cm with a depth of 40-50 cm. If you plan to plant several plants at once, then the distance between shrubs should be at least 1.5 m.
- Prepared pit must be filled with a mixture From the turf, river sand, as well as humus taken in the 2: 1: 1 ratio.
- Collection gently placed in a hole, Place the roots, then put the portions. Root neck should not be a ruined.
- Solving Circle need a little tamping and pour, After that, the land around the seedling covers mulch (for this you can use straw, coniferous needles, peat or overworked compost). Mulch contributes to the preservation of moisture in the ground, thereby the roots are protected from overheating
After landing, it is necessary to properly care for the plant.
For watering the collections, use warm, necessarily defined or filtered water. The intensity of watering directly depends on the average air temperature: in hot weather, irrigation is produced more often, in the rainy – limited. Watering preferably in the evening.
It is necessary to ensure that the earthen command does not swap, but at the same time excessive moisturizing it is also impossible to be allowed – with excessive moisture, the roots begin to rot, the plant becomes susceptible to fungal infections and quickly dies.
Miscellaneously responds very well. However, in this case, the rule should be followed: the plant is better to undermine how to overgrow. The fact is that the excess of nutrients stimulates the growth processes that often lead to a decrease in the decorativeness of shrub flowering.
It is best to make fertilizers on ordinary schedule. Throughout the period of vegetation, 2-3 times can be filled with inorganic compositions, as well as mineral additives. If the bush develops too weakly, you can use liquid compositions, for example, superphosphate or infusion of a cow.
Consumption of any nutritional composition is a bucket on one plant.
Charming charm requires molding. To this end, they spend gentle trimming. Top and side shoots usually do not touch, because it can adversely affect the flowering of culture. Usually shortened the tops of young shoots, thereby stimulate the reinforcement of the bases and give the bustard the desired form. Works are carried out in summer.
After the collection completely fires, she needs a rejuvenating trimming. For this, all old shoots are completely cut under the base. Early in the spring after awakening the plant sends all its vitality to the formation of new branches, and a year later they bloom.
With the onset of spring, the rejuvenating trimming will also need, during this period, all dried and cold-damaged shoots should be cut.
Preparation for winter
Despite the good frost resistance, the successful wintering of challenges is possible only if it is properly prepared for the cold season. You need to start work in the fall, without waiting for the start of frosts. First of all, the volume and frequency of irrigation should be reduced. Immediately after flowering, the nutrients are stopped.
Closer to November, the land around the bush should be covered with a mulch layer 7-15 cm – for this you can use compost mixed with peat or sawdust, as well as chopped wood bark. We draw attention to the fact that the radius of the mulching of the soil around the ring should be approximately equal to the diameter of the projection of its crown. Be sure to be protected from frosts and the crown of young plants, it is covered with agricultural or any other nonwoven underfloor material.
With the onset of warm days you need to remove the shelter, otherwise the plant is prohibited.
Fighting diseases and pests
In case of non-compliance with agrotechnology Charming challenge faces some problems.
- Weak flowering – The reasons for it can be reduced to the lack of lighting or excessive use of fertilizers. Often, the absence of bloom leads to cultivation in a not enough fertile substrate.
- The death of young escapes – This happens if the bush is frozen in winter.
- Range rotation – The reason for this unpleasant phenomenon is only one: moisture stagnation in the ground. As a rule, this is a consequence of excess watering or unsuccessfully selected places for planting culture, for example, in a lowland or in areas with a high level of groundwater occurrence.
Collection is highly resistant to fungal and bacterial infections, however, in arid weather, the plant often becomes the subject of attack Tsley, caterpillars, triples, as well as a paustic tick.
In case of damage, damaged areas are cut, and the crown is sprayed with a solution of insecticides intended for decorative plants.
Like most other perennial crops, the collections can be multiplied by the most families: seeds, tanks, as well as stalling and dividing bush. Let us dwell on each of them.
Immediately, we note that the seeds of this plant have a rather low germination – no more than 25-30% and it is necessary to consider, choosing this method of breeding.
When breeding Rolls from seeds, special attention should be paid to the fertility and nutritional nutrition. It is desirable to make it a mixture of peat and river sand taken in equal amounts. Cultivation of seeds start in early April. Pre-seeds are stratified – for 2-3 months, it is kept in a cool place at a temperature of 0 to +5 degrees Celsius. Keep seeds need in a hermetically closed package with the addition of moisturized vermiculite.
Before planting, it is desirable for 10 minutes to smoke seeds in a sulfuric acid solution. The seed preparations are deepened in soil 5 mm, after which they are abundant. For the next year after planning, the spring seedlings are diverting and moved to a permanent place of growth.
We draw attention to the fact that the resistance to frosts in seeds is extremely low, so the autumn fit into open ground for this culture is not recommended.
This method is considered one of the most efficient. To reproduce the collection, it is necessary to choose a healthy escape, dig a small groove under it, then flush the branch, carefully put in the groove and pin to the ground. In the zone of contact with the earth, it is necessary to cut a little and process any growth stimulant, for example, “epic”. Escape puts off the ground so that the top remains open.
The chains are withstanding in the ground about a year, supporting it in a moistened state. The next spring it is already rooted, then it can be separated from the parent bush and move to a permanent site.
Collection reproduction with cuttings is permissible exclusively in the regions with warm winters, since this vegetative material is characterized by reduced frost resistance.
The drawing is carried out by one of two methods.
- Woven stalks. In this case, in November from the bush, a weed-minded escape is removed and neatly cheer in a slightly pronented place. Before the arrival of cold cuts, the cuttings are molded with foliage, compost or hay and sprinkle with snow. Next year, the young plant will give roots and it will be possible to transplant it to a permanent site.
- Annual cuttings. These works are carried out in early spring: from parent shrub, young one-year-old cuttings are separated and cut them. After that, it is placed in containers with soil, covered with greenhouse and withstand in a warm bright place. With the onset of the summer season, put the planting material on the street, put in the shadow and make a daily moisturize, not allowing the drunkenness of the earth coma.
As soon as young processes appear, the plant can be transplanted into open ground. In the fall, seedlings are covered with agricultural or other material, with the arrival of heat, it can be moved to a permanent place.
Another popular way of breeding a shrub, which is used when replant. The bush is neatly digging, carefully inspect the roots, cut off all the dry and rotten areas. Then they are divided so that in each part there is a healthy escape, sections of cuts are treated with charcoal and sear.
Optimal time to divide shrub is March-April.
Beautiful examples in landscape design
According to the reviews of specialists in garden landscaping, the best of all the colvication looks in flower compositions. Most often it is used to create accents on a green background. In this case, the shrub is imprisoned individually on a trimmed, well-maintained platform, conduct decorative molding, giving a spherical view of the entire composition.
Collection often use for Rocaries and Alpine Slides, It is harmoniously combined with the texture of dark wood and natural stone. No less effectively looks Shrub, planted in the form of a living hedge.
Invariably attract their beauty Group landing – Similarly, the place of rest can always be given some privacy or place the central entrance to the territory of the household site.
Thanks to the use of multiplexing several varieties, you can issue Stylish color overflows from dark pink to milk shade. Culture is often used As part of mixboro – In this case, the stems of a gentle-pink flatter will clarify the central part of the more dark shrub group.
More information about the challenge, see the following video.