The most luxurious decoration of any garden plot is Charming Clematis. The decorative plant is presented by various varieties, but “Rouge Cardinal”, which has flowers differ in bright shades. This grade Clematis is undemanded in care, but in order to properly grow a gorgeous plant at home, you need to know the features of its landing and subsequent care.
Clematis “Rouge Cardinal” can rightly be considered the king Lian, it is easy to care and thanks to its unusual flowers of various colors and forms can give a chic kind of landscape design. This variety is often used to decorate walls of houses, fences, arbors and pergol. “Rouge Cardinal” was brought by breeders in 1968 by crossing such varieties as PourPre Mat and Ville De Lyon. He received the best qualities from his “parents” and became the most like plant at gardeners. From other varieties, large-flowered Clematis differs in the following characteristics:
- shrub height from 2 to 4 m (it depends on the condition conditions);
- Red-purple color of flowers, the diameter of which is up to 16 cm;
- The flowering period is all summer and the beginning of autumn;
- Strong group trimming – third.
Young shoots from the plant have a characteristic light green shade. The leaves of the “Rouge Cardinal” are a three-dimensional shape (one piece consists of several small dark green leaves), their dimensions are average. Strong root system of plants goes deep in the soil. Special attention from Clematis deserve flowers that usually appear on young shoots. The flowering period is a bit late (lasts from late June to September), at this time the decorative liana is covered by a variety of large velvety flowers of the dark purple color.
This grade has an increased tenacity, the plant can “cling” for any object, fix on it and, continuing its height, stretch up. If you put “Rouge Cardinal” next to the tree, then for the season it completely willoving him. The main feature of the plant is that it can be grown in containers. Thereby It is possible to originally decorate not only the garden plot, but also a balcony or loggia in the apartment.
In addition, this variety is winter-hardy – In front of wintering in order to protect against winds and snow drifts, the plant is sufficient to cover buckets or spunbond.
Before performing the landing of Clematis “Rouge Cardinal”, you should choose the right section and prepare the boarding pitch. The plant loves the light very much, but he feels greatly like on the sun lights and in half. Wherein It is not recommended to plant under the trees, it is best to choose such a place where half the day will be sun, and half – shadow. Suitable soil for landing Clematis is considered fertile soil, saline and heavy soils by the plant are contraindicated.
If the area is dominated by the acidic soil, then it Before planting a flower, it is necessary to neutralize.
After the question of the selection of the site is decided, you should go to the flower shop and purchase a seedling that can be sold as a pot with a fertilized soil, and without it. The last purchase option is considered not the best, since a seedling with a bare root system will be difficult to take care.
Some gardeners also grow a plant from seeds. This is quite painstaking work, but it costs it, since as a result you can grow a powerful and beautiful flower. Dates of sowing “Rouge Cardinal” depend on the sizes of the sowing material: large grains are strong, they can be heated in late autumn, the small can not stand the strong cold weather, so they are best sowing the spring (from March to April). Seeds need to be seized in open ground, and to speed up shoots put a small greenhouse.
Clematis landing “Rouge Cardinal” from seedlings includes a few steps.
- Initially, you need to dig up the seating pit in size 60x60x60 cm. Her lower half is filled with a special substrate. For this, the upper layer of the Earth is mixed with a humus and complex fertilizer (200 g).
- Then the sapling is neatly placed in the prepared ground, compact and water. The upper part of the landing pit must remain open, it will have to gradually fall asleep as the plant grows. Cervical cox should remain 10-12 cm below soil. This activates the development of lateral roots.
- Completed landing mulching. It is usually carried out 7-10 days after the seed landing. Thanks to the crucible cuttings, it will be securely protected from winds and heat, it will also help maintain the optimal temperature and humidity regime in the soil.
In the case when the plant was grown in a cup of seeds, it is planted for a permanent place, adhering to several rules.
- First of all, the root inspection should be performed, and if they are dry, then the cup must be soaked in cold water.
- Then the wells are prepared, of which part of the fertile soil is taken out. At the bottom of the wells, a small holmik is formed, it must be tamped by his hands. The seedling must be located on the most elevation of the Holloch. It is carefully removed from the cup so as not to damage the integrity of the Earth Koma, and put on the bottom of the well.
- After that, the root system is falling asleep by the pre-extracted layer of fertile soil and sprinkle the root neck, part of the stem. At the end of planting, the seedling is watered well, water should be room temperature.
When landing on a plot of several flowers It is important to comply with the distance between them at 1.5 m. Throughout the summer, follow the development and growth of the plant. If the minimum increase is observed, and Clematis looks oppressed, this indicates that he did not come true. Solve this problem is possible transplantation plants on another site, do it already need next spring.
Clematis “Rouge Cardinal” although it is considered undemanding in the leaving plant, It still needs to be provided with appropriate conditions for normal growth and development. Liana must often watered because she loves moisture. Since the roots are placed deep in the ground, then before irrigating the soil you need to loosen. This will facilitate moisture penetration into the depths of the soil. In addition, the plot where the flower grows, should be periodically saved from weeds.
Important in the care of the “Ruzh Cardinal” is considered to be timely making fertilizers. So that the plant pleased with the lush flowers, the feeder perform 2 times a month. As for the type of feeding, it depends on the season. So, in the spring, when shoots grow, the plant is more required nitrogen. In this case, it is fed by a cowboy, bird litter or ammonium Selutyra. After the appearance of the first buds, in addition to the organics, Liana needs to provide a mineral complex.
In the fall, when the flower needs to be prepared for wintering, the soil under Clematis is drunk and potassium sulfate contributes into it. After that, the earth is abundantly watered, and with it drying the loosening.
It is also necessary to clear the plot from weed before in winter, and the soil near the liana is clicked with sawdust or peat.
Fighting diseases and pests
Despite the fact that the “Rouge Cardinal” variety is highly resistant to diseases, it requires prophylactic measures from the emergence of rust, pulse dew and lesions by putrid bacteria. The most common diseases of the plants include a number of negligence.
- Fusariosis. Manifests itself by placing the plant due to the impact of fungi, “living” in the ground. The flower is affected by the root system: bacteria are formed into a large fungne and clocked roots. After that, Liana begins to lose fresher, quickly fades and dry out. To prevent this disease, it is necessary to perform preventive acts using iron or copper.
- Wilt. Is a fungal infection that affects not only the root system, but also shoots. The causative agent of the disease is in the ground, it penetrates the stalk of the plant through the root system and causes the blockage of internal vessels, violating their permeability. As a result, the nutrients are not coming up, and the flower begins to dry out.
It is possible to reduce the likelihood of the appearance of this disease using soil watering with copper vigorous, a solution of mangarteean and burgundy liquid.
On Clematis, several famous pests are most often settled.
- Cobed tick. Is a tiny insect of red, which usually lives on the opposite sides of the sheet and weaves the web. It feeds on the juice of the plant, so the leaves begin to turn quickly, and the buds fade. Save the flower from the pest can be treated using such insecticides as “Inta-Vir”, “Carbofos”, “Aktellik”.
- Mushka. This is a tiny double insect, its larvae feed on the leaves of the Lian, creating a whole system of moves in them. Due to the disorders of the integrity of the leafy plates, the leaflets are creepy. You can get rid of the flies as a prophylactic spraying and using traps in the form of sticky tape.
- Tripses. These insects live in the soil, but in hot weather in search of food climbing the foliage of Clematis and feed them with juice. This is evidenced by the appearance of spots on the foliage and yellowing of the flower. Save the decorative culture can be spraying using special insecticides.
- Nematodes. Insects in the form of worms inhabit in the soil and damage the root system of the Lian. Their appearance can be seen on the brown swollen on the roots, they cause the process of rotting, and the plant acquires a drooping appearance, suspends its height and fades. In addition, leafy nematodes are found, the livelihood of which passes on the foliage of Clematis. Mass settlement of these insects leads to drying and falling out leaves. A good means in the fight against pests are “dimethoate”.
Care for Clematis “Rouge Cardinal” provides for a constant trimming, which should be paid to the summer, cutting off the broken and dried shoots. Due to this, the height of the shrub is regulated. If you make a piece of main stem, then you can suspend its growth and intensify the growth of side shoots. Pruning plants on autumn plays a huge role. All Clematis by the way of trimming in the fall are divided into three groups, Grade “Rouge Cardinal” refer to the third group.
The feature of the trimming of this group is that on the fall, the shoots are completely cut off, only small stals with a pair of kidney 20 cm leave. Thanks to this spring, new shoots grow, on which flowers bloom in the middle of summer. At the same time, if Clematis cut off in the winter, they will be more “live”, and they do not need to be insulated.
Preparation for winter
Clematis “Rouge Cardinal” although it is considered winter-resistant, It is still necessary after trimming the shoots to wander the earth and fall asleep with dry foliage. Additionally, you can also lay pine branches on top. If there is no organic shelter at hand, then use agricultural or color films. Cropped stalks and roots, as a rule, are covered before the onset of the first frosts, and in the harsh climatic zones, the flower must be sprinkled also with snow. The shelter is removed in the spring, the code completely melts.
How to multiply?
This grade of Clematis usually multiplies with a vegetative way. Some gardeners manage to multiply “Rouge Cardinal” from seeds, but new plants in this case lose the characteristics of maternal culture. To multiply a shrub at home, you can choose one of the ways discussed below.
- Division bush. This type of reproduction is usually used to rejuvenate the Liana, because with age it begins to lose its decorativeness and badly blooms. The bush is usually divided in the spring, before the start of the blurry of the kidneys, or in the fall, when he blews. For division, shrubs with age from 5 to 8 years old should be selected, its entire ground part is cut, remain only at the base short shoots with vegetative kidneys. The bush needs to dig, separate the roots from the ground and divide them into several deteen. Each part should be left enough roots and kidney escape.
- Digging. In this way, Clematis is multiplied in the summer, sprinkling the ground side stem and withdrawing the upper. Already in the second year, the branch will turn root, and it can be separated from the parent plant. Young escape with roots need to land on a new permanent place.
- Shining. To this end, in the summer with Liana, you need to cut a cutlery with a length of 10-12 cm, clean them from foliage and put in water container. After that, the twigs should be placed in the wet peat-sand substrate and top cover with a plastic bottle.
As soon as the roots will appear on the cuttings, they will immediately transplant to a permanent place.
Examples in landscape design
Clematis “Rouge Cardinal” is considered one of the most beautiful ornamental plants that is often used in landscape design For vertical gardening Arbors, balconies, pergola, garden plot, fences, walls of houses and terraces.
This flower can easily grab the support and boil up the trees. You can decorate such a handsome place not only garden sites, but also loggias, balconies.
In the next video you will see a description of the varieties and groups of Clematis.