To date, late-decreasing Clematis are considered the most popular among their fellows. “Princess Diana” is a plant that can decorate the territory with its attractive appearance. Landing this Liana is an excellent option for the garden, cottage or country house, besides, the clock care is completely simple.
“Princess Diana” is the Texas grade of Clematis, which is a liana with lush leaves and elegant buds. He was bred by British breeders in 1984. This plant relates to fast-growing. Strong bush can reach a height of 250 centimeters, it is characterized by herbishness of shoots and light green color of the leaves.
The pride of the Texas representative of Flora is considered his flowers. Their coloring is usually saturated pink or almost red. The color of the stamens – any of the shades of yellow. In the diameter, the flower reaches from 5 to 7 centimeters. At the same time, the shape of it has a similarity with the tulip, as it is a funnel.
Four petals of the Clematis Flower “Princess Diana” are characterized by pointed tips, which are directed up. Gardeners can not but please the originality and the unusualness of this plant in the flowering phase. The bush belongs to the frost-resistant, so he can survive even 45 degrees of frost. However, do not forget that the plant is quite sensitive to drought and insufficient moistening.
The value of this representative of the Flora is not only in its decorativeness, but also in unpretentiousness, as well as the abundance and duration of flowering.
In order to grow a beautiful bush of Clematis, you need to buy a high-quality seedling and carefully care for it. The planting material “Princess Diana” has several types.
- Cail cuttings in sleeping condition. They are sold packed with substrate or peat. Storage of cuttings are carried out in a cool place. As soon as the planting material starts to grow, it needs to be transplanted into a special container.
- Seedlings that have shoots and leaves. This type of landing material must be bought 14 days before landing. Store seedlings you also need in a cool place. It is necessary to take into account the moment that transportation they transfer badly, since because of their fragility they often break.
After the acquisition, it is worth moving to the selection of the site where the plant will grow. In this case, you should give preference to a well-drained soil. The place must be illuminated, but at the same time protected from wind. Desirable is the presence of a half, as the bush can get sunny burn.
Despite the fact that this representative of the Flora is considered unpretentious, it needs high-quality and fertile soil. The optimal option is the loamy low-rise soil. To improve the composition, you can add superphosphate, humid or ash. The “Princess Diana” planning procedure includes such steps:
- digging the pit with a depth of 50 centimeters and a diameter of 40 centimeters;
- rash at the bottom of a small rubble or brick;
- filling of the soil layer;
- Planting a seedlings and its sprinkling with a fed substrate.
After planting a young plant stands to water every 7 days. If the weather is hot, then irrigation is worth it more often, namely once in 5 days. Also Clematis must be regularly feeding with organic fertilizers, as well as loose.
Also when landing this variety, plants should take into account such nuances:
- In the terrain with a cool climate, Clematis sit in the spring, namely in April – the first days of May;
- On the hot regions, the plant should be rooted in autumn;
- The bushes of this representative of the flora are needed at a distance of at least 100 centimeters from each other.
Tips for care
Clematis of this variety is very sensitive to the lack of moisture, so needs some care events. This plant does not tolerate drought. With a lack of fluid, there is a decrease in the size of colors, as well as fading and focusing. The amount of irrigation depends on the age of the bush and weather. Young Clematis need to irrigate once a week, and in hot weather it should be done more often.
During the first 12 months after planting “Princess Diana”, it is not necessary to feed it, as this may cause root rotting. After this period of time, it is necessary to fertilize the plant according to the following scheme:
- In the spring, nitrogen fertilizers make and watered a bush with lime milk;
- During the bootonization period, Clematis is fed by drugs with potassium;
- At the end of flowering, it is possible to apply fertilizers with phosphorus;
- after trimming use mineral compositions.
Thanks to the mulching of the soil, structuring and improved soil composition occurs. In the winter season, such a coating protects the roots of the plant from frost. In the absence of mulching gardeners, it is necessary to regularly pour and loosen the rolling circle. To avoid the rotation of the root system roots of the bush, it is worth sprinkling wood ash.
“Princess Diana” is Clematis 3rd group trimming. The shoots of the plant will cut several times over the growth period. In the fall, it is required to trim almost the entire bush, leave 10 centimeters of the plant from the soil surface. This event contributes to the fact that the spring Clematis will become a lush and large.
Prepare Liana to winter colds worth starting when the first night frost appears. The basis of the plant is plunged by 0.1 meters. For this purpose it is worth using the soil from the garden, compost. The next step will be the spraying of the substrate near the plant with a dissolved fungicide and sprinkling its ash. To the bush worry safely, it is covered with a wooden box and sprinkled with leaves.
“Princess Diana” is a hybrid of Clematis, which the seeds are better not to multiply. Getting seedlings are possible somewhat in other ways.
- White division. This option is used infrequent due to its labor intensity.
- Horizontal type gag. Such reproduction is not difficult. In this case, you need to separate young bushes from the parent representative.
- Paging of escapes. The procedure is carried out in spring time. Last year’s escape must be seen and put in a container with a fitted soil. Accommodation should be deep enough to do not flow fluid during irrigation.
- Cherenci. A competently organized process of rooting is a guarantee of a large amount of planting material.
Clematis cultivation is an uncomplicated process. The plant reacts pretty responsive to care, decorating the garden or a household plot.
Diseases and pests
Clematis “Princess Diana” has resistance to malical dew, but quite often suffers from fungal infections. NSRisk attack fungus the plant begins to fade, that is, lose elasticity, falling down, wither. Focus of the disease is located in the roots. For this reason, the gardener costs special attention to pay the correctness of watering and care of the bush in general.
Places that are amazed by an ailment, it is worth liquidate in May. After this garden resident you need to pour dissolved “Fundazole” under the root. A too affected part should be removed with the soil, after which the earth disinfection. To prevent the appearance of gray rot and pulse dew, it is possible to treat bush azocene as prevention.
There are situations where “Princess Diana” attacks rust. This ailment is manifested by brown spots on the leaves, also characteristic signs – their deformation and drying. Bordeaux liquid will save the situation, as well as chloropus. In the last days of summer, Clematis may become illness, ascothyosis, cylindrosporiosis. Treatment of the plant lies in the use of copper sulphate.
Each of the above diseases is able to change the view of the bush and even kill it, so at first symptoms it is necessary to start treatment immediately.
Examples in landscape design
Clematis “Princess Diana” often use in the territory to arbor or terrace. In addition to the decoration, this Liano is used for other purposes: it can successfully disguise the untidy wall, economic extension, fence or fencing. An interesting option is the use of a bush as a horizontal soil representative. Clematis should not land around windows, shoots can not be directed to the roof: it will make it difficult to penetrate sunlight.
Clematis of this variety can be called an interesting plant that is able to decorate any plot. The labor-intensive bush care activities are not required, so it can grow even gardeners without experience. This clicent and unpretentious representative of the flora can be used not only for vertical landslutions, but also for growing in a container. The territory that is decorated with tulip-like rich-pink flowers, will always cause admiration.
Reviews of people who grow Lian in their plot indicate that “Princess Diana” is a wonderful and very beautiful plant. Subject to compliance with Clematis Care Rules will become a real living decoration of the territory. This variety is able to conquer the heart of any gardener with its beauty and sophistication.
When choosing a bush with an elegant flower form, you will not have to regret your decision.
Overview of the best Clematis varieties in the video below.