English Clematis “Miss Beitman” strikes the imagination of the magnitude and magical mother of snow-white colors. But the variety is highly appreciated by gardeners not only for his decorative qualities. Liana is unpretentious to the conditions of content, it is well tolerated by severe frosts, in one place the plant can delight lush flowering for a long time – more than 20 years.
Clematis “Miss Beitman” – an excellent result of the work of English breeders, This is a hybrid garden plant, distinguished by high resistance to extreme weather conditions and extraordinary decorative qualities.
The special popularity of the variety is related to the impressive size and coloring colors and unpretentiousness.
The main characteristics of the appearance:
- The height of the liana can reach 2.5-3 m, and due to the curly branches, any structures will easily. Therefore, when cultivation should immediately think about the construction of vertically arranged frames.
- The average size of the Clematis leaves, the size of which is 10-12 cm in width, consist of three parts and also twisted, helping the plant climbed by the support provided.
- Clematis flowers are flattened infused inflorescences, eight snow-white or dairy petals with barely appearing salad grounds in the center.
- At the age of 3 years, the branches of the Liana are compacted, and become more solid, and the accumulation of specific substances in cellular shells leads to gradual weighing.
- The core with stamens has a contrast, dark-cherry color, the flower diameter is about 15 cm.
- A feature of the variety is the ability of flowers to overflow with pearl shades with good lighting, and pale in the shade.
- Miss Bateman blooms for 3 years, Clematis is able to bloom 2 times in one vegetative period, and retains lush beauty until November. The plant is a perennial, the duration of his life is at least 25 years.
Liana has a good winter hardiness and withstands low temperatures (up to -34 degrees). Clematis is resistant to pathogenic organisms and harmful insects, but does not like the convergence.
Landing and care
Competent landing provides blooming culture for 2-3 year, Therefore, refer to this procedure is needed with all seriousness. Despite the fact that planting the plant is possible throughout the whole warm period, it is recommended to do this in the spring with a well-established positive temperature. It is permissible to carry out the landing and at the autumn time, but 30 days before the night cooling. The landing place must be selected taking into account groundwater run – they should not be located high.
The sun Liana loves, but does not hurt and a little shading. What should be avoided, so these are strong winds and drafts, therefore, most often, Clematis bushes are planted not far from high garden trees serving natural protection.
As a seedling, you choose ready-made two-year bushes and cuttings with roots at the age of 1. You can buy plants in pots and containers. In any case, leaflets and stems should be examined, and make sure that they have no defects. With an open root system, pay attention to, So that the plant has, at least 3 processes and several kidneys.
Perfect primer – loom, loose, passing air and moisture. The composition must be neutral or low-level low level.
- Choosing a sublime area for Liana, the land is drunk, aligned, make a hole with a depth of 50-60 cm, the diameter of the RVA should be more earthy koma with roots.
- The bottom of the pits fall asleep with drainage material – rubble, gravel, slices of bricks, to a height of 15 cm.
- At the same time, they put a support with a height of at least 2 m, to which shrub will be fixed.
- To fill the wells, a mixture of peat, sand and humus with the addition of mineral fertilizer and ash (120 g per seated place).
- The substrate falls asleep to half the volume of the wells and, making a small hollyk, put a cooked plant on it.
- The roots are neatly distributed across the space and bury Clematis, slugging the layers of the earth, and the rambling them.
- Blowing the sapling should be before the first (bottom) kidney.
- In order not to blur the soil, you need to make a slight recess in the rolling zone where 12 liters of water is then poured.
- After absorbing moisture, a mulching of low peat, characterized by low acidity.
- Over time, a waterme for water can be filled with garden, fertile land.
For rapid rooting, it makes sense for 2-3 hours to immerse the root system of Clematis in warm outstanding water. If a seedling with open roots is purchased, they are treated with a bolt from dissolved clay in water, which is insist for about 3 days, eliminating even the smallest solid pieces of rock.
Caring for Clematis consists in regular irrigation, conduct irrigation 1 time per week so that the soil is moistened to 50 cm in depth. Water is better to use warm, resolved. The adult bush leaves 12 to 25 liters of liquid. If the base of the bush is closed, then loosen and glowing the ground is not necessary. Otherwise, it is necessary to do this at every watering.
Shrub Liana “Miss Beitman” has 2 group trimming, Meaning that For the winter it is impossible to shorten the shoots as much as possible, because after that they may not be blooming the following year. Clematis begins bloom, only 2 years later, so all branches of the plant, except for one, are cut only in the first year of life of culture.
In adult bushes, shoots up to a length of 1-1.5 m, in the summer, Clematis remove old twigs that have already been filled. You can also completely cut only weak thin twigs, and the others are limited only by the top. Wherein It is important to observe the uniformity of the haircut, and then the shrub update can be achieved, and blooming flowers will look harmonious. In the southern regions, minimal shorting is allowed, while in areas with a cold winter period, it is advisable to do this to the maximum in order not to hold the procedure for binding and building protection.
In addition, after such rejuvenation, even old plants are able to throw out fresh branches again.
Shelter for winter
The shelter must be built to the onset of cold weather for Lian. Plant preparation is carried out in compliance with the actions of actions:
- After trimming the surface of the soil under the shrub, it is necessary to fall asleep mulch – for this it will suit the compost or the top layer of garden land with vegetation.
- From above the rolling circle is treated with antifungal drug and pour wood ash.
- With clear weather and temperature -5-6 degrees, Liana is discharged from the support, twist the shoots into the ring by putting pine branches under them, dry twig or sheet opead, and placed on an even base.
- You can cover the shrub of a nonwoven web (spunbond), and from above, additionally, to cover the huskiens and sheets of roofing, waterproofing material, for example, rubberoid.
Polyethylene, cellophane and shelling film is not used, since it does not let the air, causing a disposition, and, as a result, the rotation of the bush. In the future, the snow mass is thrown over the protection.
Seeders Clematis Miss Bateman do not propagate because hybrid and varietal plants do not inherit species signs. Vegetative methods include three breeding options:
- using the division of the bush;
In practice, cuttings breeding Clematis preferable. During summer formation, an extraordinary feeding of plants is pre-carried out, and the fresh twigs are cut with the presence of kidneys, up to 20 cm long. Take them from lateral shoots. Before boarding 1/3, part of the foliage shocked. Saplings are placed, both in separate containers and, directly, into the greenhouse ground with the top layer of sand. So that the sprouts are rooted, they create a microclimate, but regularly ventilate and moisturize the earth.
Liana division is considered time consuming. Make young shrubs acute shovels in part so that each had fresh escape and several root processes. You can breed Liana with gods – in this case, the lower escape is laid in the ground, down to a depth of 6-7 cm, pressed and fixed. Usually, a small rooted bushing appears to fall from each kidney. It remains only to separate them from adult Clematis, and land at a permanent place.
Diseases and pests
Clematis of this variety are distinguished by excellent immunity to various diseases, but due to excess moisture are amazed by fungal infections, such as Wilt, gray rot, rust, mildew. Correct Care in moderate watering, weeding, loosening, making fertilizers and mulch, and also thinning bushes branches, can prevent the posture and appearance of these diseases. Periodic prophylactic treatments in the form of spraying by fungicides.
Dangerous enemies of Clematis are some insects – web ticks, colony. Acaricidal and insecticidal agents help from these pests. Slugs and snails falling on branches. If nematodes appeared on Liana – parasitic worm, it is easier to get rid of shrubs so that this infection is not transferred to other garden plants. Clematis digging and burned, and the landing site is disinfected.
Examples in landscape design
The curly Liana “Miss Beitman” with beautiful white flowers can be the main decorative element of the garden plot and decorate with themselves:
- Arches, pergolas and gazebos;
- Shrubs, trees and stumps;
- fences and fences;
- terraces and veranda;
- Untrect building.
The plant is ideal for compositions in which plants with large and small flowers, roses, boys, shrubs – leaf falling families of hydrangea, and pink color.
Miss Beitman’s grade – a popular curly shrub with wonderful flowers, but what is the most wonderful, this beautiful and unpretentious plant can even grow novice gardeners. With carelessly, Clematis will definitely reward their owners long and abundant blossom.