Each owner of the household plot tries to the most effectively and uniquely decorate its territory. In the gardens of modern summer residents, not only vegetable and fruit crops, but also beautiful flower beds, and green compositions, on which the variety of plants and their color gamut sometimes surprises even professional florists. Breeders lead a permanent job on the removal of new colors. Despite this, over the years, Clematis remains a favorite resident of the garden. Its varietal and color variety allows you to create unique blooming objects. Beginner gardes Florists recommend paying attention to the “Blue Angel” grade, which throughout the summer season will delight gently blue flowers.
Clematis “Blue Angel” – a beautiful grade of the Lutikovy family, derived by Polish breeders in 1989. Detailed Description Blue Angel can be found in various Botany books. This species belongs to late varieties with large flowers. The maximum height of the adult plant growing in comfortable conditions can reach 4 meters. On thin and curly stems are saturated green troch leaves, which have an opposite arrangement and a wide asymmetric plate. The urine root system has a soft structure and cordless branches.
Flowers are painted in a gentle blue shade and mainly consist of 6 cups. The standard width of one flower is 4 cm, the length is 6 cm, and the diameter is 14 cm, but there are often deviations from the norm. Distinctive feature – wavy edges, the presence of yellow stamens and the complete absence of fragrance. Flowers are formed from July to September only on shoots that appeared in spring.
Blue Angene is a frost-resistant grade that is able to withstand a decrease in temperature to -35 degrees.
Clematis “Blue Angel” has the following advantages:
- abundant and stable flowering;
- Fast set of green mass;
- resistance to low temperatures;
- Long flowering period.
How to plant?
To the “Blue Angel” throughout the season he pleased with abundant blossom and bright greens, experts recommend paying special attention to the choice of landing sites. The plant feels comfortable on solar sites that have a slight shading on a meal. Preferences need to give areas on the south or southwestern side. Clematis should be planted into the lungs, fertile soils that have a low acidity indicator. Place of landing should be protected from strong air flows. Unfavorable places for landing are considered territories near the walls and fences.
Important! Before the start of the boarding works, it is necessary to consider the support system for which the plant will be able to. This design can be purchased, made alone or adapt for weaving nearby trees and high shrubs.
The plant chosen for the spring landing should have at least one young escape, and also be elastic and without mechanical damage. If the roots dried during the transportation, then before planting them, it is better to soak them in water with a milgantine dissolved in it, to handle the growth accelerators and forming the root system. The landing pit must have a depth and diameter of at least 55 cm. To prevent the root system to prevent the root system, specialists are recommended to place ground brick, pebbles or special drainage material at the bottom of the deepening.
Fall asleep the plant is necessary nutrient soil, which should consist of compost, peat, sand, superphosphate and dolomite flour.
When landing Clematis, it is necessary to try to fix the root system as much as possible and it is very good to fall asleep all empties so as not to damage the gentle root processes. Place the root neck you need to 10 cm below the ground level. The planted process must be abundantly pouring water, and the roasting zone is tortured by peat. The optimal distance between the plants is 100 cm. So that the roots of the plant have experienced the minimum number of stress when overheated, florists recommend to plant the whole root zone, peonies and velvets.
Important! The best time for autumn landing – the end of autumn. The planting material must necessarily have vegetative kidneys. The autumn planting process is similar to spring, but after planting seedlings they need to be covered with nonwoven underfloor material.
“Blue Angel” refers to unpretentious varieties that require a certain proportion of attention. Caring for this variety consists of several manipulations.
- Watering. To ensure adult Clematis, moisture must be poured at least two times a week to one boarding of about 20 liters of water. Young flowers can be watered 1 time per week. The volume of water can be adjusted according to the type of soil and the degree of water penetration. The main thing is that the soil gave up to a depth of 70 cm. The indicator of the need for watering is the state of the soil at a depth of 15-20 cm. If the soil is wettered, then the procedure must be postponed.
- Podkord. It should be started to feed the plants only two years after landing. In the spring flower needs nitrogen fertilizers, at the time of formation of buds it is necessary to enrich the soil of potassium, and in the beginning of the fall, phosphorus should be made. In the spring “Blue Angel” can be pouring a solution consisting of flour and chalk, and in the period of the autumn rains, the roasting zone is better to fall asleep ashes, which will turn the formation of rotary bacteria. It is strictly forbidden to use fresh manure and sour peat as feeding.
- Loosening and mulching. For maximum enrichment of the root system with oxygen after each watering or rain, it is necessary to loosen the soil. If the roasting zone is to be sealing a thick layer of mulch, then you can not only avoid weeding, but also improve the state of the soil. As a mulch, you can use a straw, but it can attract rodents. It is better to give preference to wood crust, which for 3 years will reliably close the soil.
- Trimming. To the “Blue Angel” in the spring presented a large number of colors, experts strongly recommend in autumn to trim the Lian. This event refers to the third group of trimming and provides for the maximum removal of old shoots. To perform these work, you must purchase a sharp cutting tool and a disinfecting solution that periodically during the work should be wiped the secret. After trimming from the central trunk, shoots should be moved, the size of which does not exceed 20 cm. Only in this case, the spring flower will give the maximum increase in green mass and will delight with a large number of colors. Some experienced gardeners are recommended to trim not all shoots, but through one.
This method of trimming is not only a bush rejuvenates, but also will evenly distribute inflorescences on it.
- Preparation for winter. At the end of autumn, it is necessary to prepare a plant for wintering. Cropped bush can be covered with fir branches or nonwoven material, which will protect shoots from the land and will prevent them from hearing. Spring to open the shelter must be gradually, trying to avoid sunburn.
Methods of breeding
To independently get new processes, experts recommend using the method of dividing the bush. It is this method of reproduction that will allow you to get a healthy and strong planting material. To separate the processes from the maternal bush, it is necessary not to dig a plant with a shovel to dig up part of the plant and immediately put it on the selected area. If the root system has a strong interweaving, it is better to extract the maternal bush and cut off the seedlings.
Workers of large nurseries often use a seed breeding method, which is longer and requires a certain set of knowledge and practical skills. For landing, you can only use seeds collected in the current year, which were stored at a temperature not higher than +23 degrees in a paper package. Optimal time for landing – March and April. Before boarding the seed, it is better to dunk for a week in clean water room temperature, which you need to change in a day. This procedure will allow faster to appear shoots.
Planting containers must be filled with nutritional soil, which should consist of equal parts of the turf, sand and peat. On the moistened soil, it is necessary to carefully lay out clouded seeds and fall asleep their 3 cm of river sand, which must be slightly compressed. To create a greenhouse effect, containers need to be closed with polyethylene film or glass. Indoor with planting containers, the temperature should be no less than +25 degrees. Immediately after the appearance of the first germs, the concerned material must be removed, and accommodate the containers on solar sections.
After the first sheets appear, shoots should be signed in separate containers. If weather conditions allow, the transplant of young plants can be carried out immediately into open ground. The optimal distance between the plants is 20 cm. To accelerate the development of the root system and increasing the number of shoots, experts are recommended to regularly comprise macushk. Only after 3 years, young plants can be transferred to a permanent place of growth.
Diseases and pests
Thanks to genetic features, this grade is resistant to most of the known diseases, but It can be affected by the following diseases:
- Puffy dew;
The first signs of fungal diseases – the loss of elasticity of fabrics, their wilt and rapid drying of the entire plant. If orange growths appeared on the leaves and shoots, which after some time led to the darkening of leaves and deformation of shoots, then this is a clear sign of rust. When the above signs are detected, it is necessary to immediately treat the plant and the soil around it with special chemicals. Get rid of the yellow mosaic, unfortunately, will not work. To prevent the dissemination of the disease, it is necessary to completely dig up the patient of the bush and burn it.
To minimize the risks of diseases, florists do not recommend planting Clematis near the hosts, fragrant peas, dolphinium, akveliya, flocks and peonies. Clematis is very rarely amazed by pests, but for the prevention of the appearance of a spider tick, it is better to periodically spray with cold water leaves.
Small mesh installed near Liana, in winter, protect the flower from the invasion of rodents.
Examples in landscape design
For many years already in the ranking of the most popular blooming plants Clematis occupies a leading position. It is he who can delight his owners throughout the summer period. Blooming Liana decorate summer gazebos, recreation areas and facades of buildings. Even the usual support for which the “Blue Angel” is woven, it becomes a bright spot of any subsidency.
Many gardeners in traditional supports replace the arches for which Liana subsequently and woves. The main thing is that the pipe diameter does not exceed 20 mm, and the material was light and dense. If the design is supplemented with a metal grid, then you can get a very beautiful and evenly blooming green composition.
Experts recommend in their compositions to use several varieties of Clematis with different flowering time, Then plants will decorate a plot from early spring to late autumn.
A spectacular and unusual art object will definitely be the roof of the summer gazebo, flowered by flowering plant.
A successful combination will be simultaneous landing of Clematis and Roses. These plants not only harmoniously complement each other, but also do not oppress the growth of neighbors. Well, the plant applies to the neighborhood with the girl grapes, honeysuckle, hop, lemongrass and actinidia.
The latest design solution in the field of landscape design is the landing of this variety in suspended or portable vases that can be moved depending on the stylistics of the site and desires of the owners.
About how to grow Clematis “Blue Angel”, see the next video.