Clematis or Lomonosa belong to three different groups of trimming. Clematis 2 group of trimming is considered the most spectacular in terms of decorative qualities. At the same time, this is one of the most whimsical groups in terms of landing and care. Clematis of the second group are quite numerous in the variety. Find them in the store will not work. Consider more of their best varieties, as well as care tips and how to trim.
This group of Clematis retains last year’s shoots that bloom in the new season. Care for them is more difficult than behind other lomonos. Most often it is not domestic varieties that are well tolerated cold winters only under reliable shelter. But it is not enough to strengthen them for the winter, in any case the puff of flowering will not be such as in warm edges.
These representatives of flora grow significantly slower, waiting for spectacular flowering for a long time. This means that in a few years only one or two flower will appear, the number of which will grow every year.
Only after 5 years you can expect a small but sufficient amount of inflorescences. But their appearance will be so luxurious that all the works will pay off with admiration. The primroses appear at the bottom of the plant, the height in the first years will reach one and a half meters. Flowers of this group are diverse in shape and color: with Mahra, semi-mod. Flowering can be observed, as a rule, twice: At first, buds are tied on the shoots of last year, closer to the fall – on the newly formed. The second time flowering is weaker.
At the beginning of summer at the end of the first stage of flowering, the first trimming is carried out. In this situation, the last year’s growth is cleaned. If this is not done, then the second stage will be scarce. The second pruning lies in the fact that almost all branches are 50%. Most often it is necessary to do in the autumn when the plant is already hung. This type of Clematis winter is bad, so they need to be highly inhibited.
Periodically, about once in the fifth anniversary, the shrub trim quite aggressively. Remove almost all shoots to the ground. It is necessary so that the bushness is more developed and spectacular. If this stage of care to skip, the base shrub is screamed. True, in the next year, blooms may not be at all or be minimal.
How to care?
If it is properly to cover Clematis and provide regular feeding, a ten-year-old bush will be completely covered with flowers. For rich flowering, it is very important to save the screens, since there are many dangers, namely, namely:
- They can break when on the autumn you will separate the screens from the supports, the weave is very strong and strong;
- Skinny leaves often break in the ground area, which can make wind or careless appeal;
- In cold times, the kidney may not be crossed, but under herbal or deciduous layer, the screens are preferred;
- They often damage mice that love to settle in the middle of the bush.
You can often observe recommendations for cutting the screens to half-meter length, but then bloom can only be observed at the bottom of the bush.
Despite the whimsiness and demanding of the plant, it is not necessary to abandon the breeding of this representative of the Flora. It is important to know such the main features of Clematis 2 groups as:
- Most of them in the Russian climate do not grow too high, an average of up to 2 m;
- This is not the best option for the decoration of household buildings;
- In the foreground of the flower, they may not please in bloom;
- halftime and the more shadow is not suitable for this species;
- Choosing a landing place, take care of sufficient area for the roots, there should not be landings;
- They need to be covered in the same way as roses, air-dry method;
- Complex type feeders are required twice a year.
If you do not consider these features, the growth of Clematis will be slowed down, the bloom is minimal.
This variety Possesses the following features:
- Granted by English breeders in the XIX century;
- rather large plants, from 15 to 22 cm;
- Color gamut bluish with purple tump and faded blue center;
- It is distinguished by a beautiful semi-empty, yellowish-cream anthers;
- Flowers from May to September, with a break;
- refers to fast-growing;
- When preserving a weave in the fall of the semi-margine for the next year is saved.
This variety Attracts attention with such features as:
- removed in Poland;
- Very bright flowering, inflorescences – up to 17 cm;
- The color in the spring is light violet, dark raspberry shades acquires by autumn;
- in the center – strip;
- Anthers are made in the tone of the petals, pink threads, the middle of the fluffy;
- blooms at the beginning of the summer, fades autumn;
- Height – up to 2.5 m;
- Slow Standing Sort.
This variety has The following characteristics:
- English variety was derived in the 90s of the twentieth century;
- Flowers are large – up to 15 cm;
- two-color – rose with lilac;
- blooms in April, the process continues until September;
- The shade may vary depending on the cultivation conditions, can cast the greens;
- Maximum height – 2 m.
This variety Attracts the following features:
- grown in the UK;
- very large flowers – up to 20 cm;
- Color Violet with purple or blue, eating a faded strip in the center;
- In the spring, the inflorescences of the semi-grade, by autumn they become small;
- Height – up to 2.5 m;
- grows slowly.
This variety It has the following characteristic:
- Polish variety;
- Flowering size – up to 16 cm;
- color juicy, saturated red, velvet petals; The edges of wavy, in the center of a light strip;
- bloom from May to September, with a break;
- Height – up to one and a half;
- grows slowly.
This kind Differs such features as:
- Another result of the work of Polish breeders;
- not too large, up to 10 cm;
- Coloring bluish with pale strokes, at the center – snow-white;
- bloom in June and July;
- Height – up to 2 m;
- Abundant blossom and good growth rates.
This variety like gardeners Thanks to the following characteristics:
- Bred by Polish breeders;
- size – up to 15 cm;
- Coloring of the shade of a violet with a strip of dark red lines in the middle;
- bloom all summer;
- Height – up to 2.5 m;
- grows slowly.
This species has Such features like:
- Not too large flowers of a gentle shade of roses;
- very attractive, although not too like frosts;
- Flower type with Mahra;
- Bush compact size.
This species likes Thanks to the following characteristics:
- blooms abundantly;
- Color – alabaster;
- There is a variety with small, but is with large inflorescences;
- The height also depends on the variety;
Not all varieties of Clematis of this group are well winter in the middle lane. You can safely grow the following varieties:
- “Azur Ball” – incredibly exquisite blue color, flowers reach up to 17 cm, with Mahra or semi-grams;
- “Ai-Nor” – long blooms with big pinkish flowers, perfectly tolerate cold;
- “Akai” – blooms early, has a cup of two shades of lilac and violet, height – up to 3 m;
- “Allan” – withdrawn in New Zealand, very popular in our country, despite not too abundant blossoms with red with a lilac-tone buton;
- “Andromeda” – In warm areas, this variety blooms with semi-world flowers, in the middle lane they have simple but large buds with a white and pink shade;
- “Anna Herman” – Large grade, flowers with a terraine lilac color with a yellow in the center, undemanding in care, perfectly tolerate frosts;
- “Anna Carolina” – removed in Poland, size up to 20 cm, snow-white color, height – up to 2 m;
- “Asao” – Pink inflorescences of a large size, up to 20 cm, look very effectively, can be ordinary or with semi-modes;
- “Flower Ball” – domestic grade with an average degree of winter hardiness, but even if last year’s shoots move, the newly formed still bloom, the size of the flower is up to 21 cm, the color is married;
- “Ballerina” – One of the most beautiful varieties, in the rhombus type flower combines the contrast of snow-white petals and a red center;
- “Baltic” – Polish variety blooming in large inflorescences of purple low tide, can burn out, height – up to 2.5 m;
- “Gabriel Naverovich” – this Polish variety has been many years old, but it is still in demand due to a beautiful lilac shade with a violation of violet;
- “Henry” – led back in the XIX century, but its snow-white flowers are incredibly beautiful, so he is so relevant;
- “John Paul” – a competitor of the previous grade on the effects and expressiveness of snow-white flowering, height – up to 4 m;
- “JERNSY CRM” – Another white grade, in which there is a cream and greenish shades, perfectly tolerate the winter of the middle strip;
- “Multi Blue” – one of the most sought-after varieties, unpretentious, beautifully combing, with Mahra, lilac-purple color, size – up to 15 cm;
- “The president” – perfectly tolerates cold, pretty resistant, suitable for beginners, size reaches up to 20 cm, color violet with blue;
- “Fujimusumi” – Incredible beauty Blue bloom, a variety varies in Japan, color varies from lilac to heavenly and blue, in the center of yellowness, tolerates winter well, height – up to 3 m, size – up to 15 cm.
About how to trim Clematis 2 groups, see further.