For many centuries, scarlet roses use impressive and well-deserved popularity as a magnet, attracting enthusiastic views. This thesis is true for “Salita” – a variety whose cultivation is engaged in an increasing number of domestic gardeners. Decorative characteristics and unpretentiousness of the described variety allow us to recommend it to everyone who wishes to spectacularly decorate the local area with moderate time and strength.
The considered plenty rose appeared due to the efforts of breeders of the famous German company “Wilhelm Cordes and Sonov” in 1987. Specialists belong to Salita to the climber group, which allows you to make sure of its features, namely:
- Raskidy bush, whose height reaches 2.5-3 m, and width – 1.5 m;
- terry scarlet flowers with orange or coral tint;
- Long and strong shoots;
- Diameter of flowers – 8-9 cm;
- Large dark green leaves with a well-visible shine;
- The number of flowers on the stem – 2-5;
- Growing Zone – V (USDA);
- The character of flowering is continuous;
- Aroma – fruit, unobtrusive;
- The number of petals on the flower is not more than 40.
The form of the buds of the presented plants pretentious by tea-hybrid varieties deserves attention.
Pros and cons
One of the main advantages of the rose “Salita” is a bright and saturated color of its flowers, thanks to which the bush resembles a raging flame. As for the other advantages of the plant under consideration, it is worth noting the following:
- pronounced terrace of flowers, justifying the expectations of most aesthetes;
- the possibility of using in the cut;
- good winter hardiness, allowing to transfer frost to -26 ° C under the condition of arrangement of high-quality shelter;
- long and abundant bloom affecting various levels of the bush;
- Resistance to the invasions of parasites;
- Neutility in care, thanks to which the cultivation of “Salita” is able to overwhelming most gardeners;
- Stability of flowers to a strong rain.
The only tangible disadvantage of the rose under consideration is a relatively low speed of development of shoots, especially noticeable in the regions with a cool climate.
Choosing a place
Despite his love for the light, “Salita” badly tolerates straight sun rays. The latter lead to the burnout of flowers and the appearance of burns, which is why the plant should be placed in a half. The second condition, contributing to the accelerated development of roses – fertile and breathable soil on a plot having a weakly acidic reaction (pH from 5.6 to 6.5). If the soil lacks lightness, it is mixed with sand, compost, peat and humus, and for weighing, use a combination of clay and turf. In addition, it is worth protecting the plant from a detrimental effect of excess moisture, avoiding places of its cluster, and cold air stagnation, characteristic of ravines.
Ready and the level of groundwater occurrence, the permissible values of which for Salita are below the meter mark.
To solve the problem under consideration, you can start in April, May or in the late decade of October. The second option is less preferable, since the young plant you need to have time to root up to frosts, which is not always. Preparatory activities are held per day before landing and suggest the removal of damaged areas of the root system of the plant. In addition, experts recommend processing the latter dissolved biostimulant in water, contributing to the adaptation of the young rose in a new place.
The order of further action is as follows:
- dig a pit, the depth of which is 40-60 cm and placed at its bottom of the drainage layer (about 10 cm of gravel or rubbent);
- If the owner of the site places several roses of the variety described, it is desirable for him to observe a meter distance between them;
- Make organic fertilizers – overwhelmed or combination of mature compost and peat (recommended thickness – 10 cm);
- Place a seedling at an angle of 30 ° to the support, carefully straighten the roots and fall asleep with their soil, carefully sealing it;
- Make sure that the root neck is 3 cm below the level of the earth’s surface;
- Thoroughly pour a young plant.
The final stage – the mulching of the soil peat in the rolling collar.
As practice shows, growing healthy and beautiful roses “Salita” is an interesting and pretty simple. Based on the reviews of the owners of this plant, it can be argued that it pleases the magnificent and bright flowering of everyone who complies with the basic rules of its agrotechnology.
Depending on the amount of precipitation, wind power and temperature watering the considered rose can be carried out both every other day and 1 time per week. You should start this procedure after the soil in the rolling circle will dry out 10 cm deep, spending 25 liters of soft water for 1 adult bush. To reduce the evaporation rate of moisture, the soil must be thoroughly mulch. With the onset of autumn, watering should be gradually cutting, given the changing weather conditions.
During the first year of life of a young plant, it should be picked up a monthly mixture, which includes the following components:
- Corobyan and bird litter dissolved in water (1: 10 and 1: 20, respectively);
- Wood ash;
- Harm wraks.
In the future, “Salita” requires fertilizer, which is carried out according to the following scheme:
- urea – at the beginning of spring;
- Ammonium Selith – after 2 weeks from the moment of the first feeding;
- complex preparations containing boron at the stage of bootonization;
- Organizer – before the start of flowering;
- Phosphoric and potash feeding – autumn to prepare a bush to the upcoming wintering.
In addition, at the end of flowering, it is allowed to re-introduce containing boring drugs.
As mentioned earlier, the Salit variety is characterized by strong shoots. Given this circumstance, such a bush can grow without support, which saves time and strength to its owner. If the rose is grown in the region, which is characterized by strong winds, then it is better not to refuse. Following this advice minimizes the likelihood of damage to productive shoots caused by their strong swinging. As for the garter, it is necessary to perform it carefully, avoiding excessive filament pressure on the stalks.
Ignoring this recommendation can lead to degradation and dying the latter due to the impossibility of full-fledged saxation.
During the first year of life, the Salita rose from her buds is desirable to get rid of up to the beginning of August. This is explained by the fact that bloom takes the power in the young plant, which needs to strengthen and painless wintering. In the future, the bush is subjected to minimal trimming with the preservation of first-order basal shoots. Separate attention should be paid to the rejuvenation of the plant, which must be carried out, but relatively rarely, as a rule, once every 4 years.
Preparation for winter
Growing “Salita” in the middle band involves the mandatory arrangement of winter shelter. To start solving the problem under consideration, after the temperature decreases to -7 ° C, following the algorithm below:
- Carefully untie the plant from support;
- Place the nestball between the bush and the surface of the Earth;
- To cover the same material shoots (gradually, so that they rush without damage);
- Build a metal or wooden frame over a sheltered rose and wrap it with nonwoven material.
If you can not bend a strong “Salita” vacuum, it fails, you can only cover the bottom of the rose bush. To this solution should be resorted as a last resort, as it increases the risk of death of unprotected shoots from a strong frost. Open and disassemble the shelter you need spring, in March or April. After removing the nonwoven material and the napkin, the bustle should be given time for independent straightening (as far as possible), and then – neatly tie it to the support.
Despite the fact that the described variety is relatively resistant to fungal diseases, in certain cases they can disturb it. Most often, the “Salita” rose suffers from black spottedness and mildew, developing due to excess moisture or excessive landing. Effective opposition to the specified agence provides for the removal of all affected areas and plant processing by systemic fungicide. Preventive events are held twice for season, in spring and autumn. They assume the use of contact fungicides – burgundy liquid or copper.
Usage in landscape design
First of all, the “Salita” rose is designed for vertical gardening. Thanks to its impressive decorativeness, it can effectively decorate the wall of the structure, fence, arch or gazebo. In addition, this variety looks great on pillars and columns, which is explained by its abundant blossom on several levels. Alternative solution – location of the plant on the lawn. Especially winning the combination of “Salita” with soil components decorated with snow-white flowers. If the owner of the rose wants to grow it with a scrab, he should create a suitable background of dark green foliage or needles. Considering the size and appearance of the bushes of the class under consideration, it is not to be surprised that they allow you to implement the most bold design ideas. Salita is suitable for the overwhelming majority of beauty connoisseurs and originality, who wants to enjoy their plot and admire the result annually.
About how the rose “Salita” rose, look in the video below.