Bathing – a perennial plant capable of growing up to 1 m in height depending on the type. Also called trollysis (or Troll flower). Often you can hear how the bathroom is called the Siberian Rose, Bucavka. All these names are hiding a beautiful, elegant plant worthy to decorate any garden.
You can see this plant from May to June, it happens even in urban parks to observe a modest, but an attractive flower with a spherical head. It is this form of a flower and made a swimsuit popular for growing in the garden. It is difficult to remember the other such a plant, and the bright (in most cases) the colors adds perennial points. If you believe Scandinavian legends, the bathroom especially appreciated forest trolls, it became a favorite flower of magical creatures. Russian name is most likely due to the agraphene swimsuit, patronizing water bodies.
The plant is a herby perennial, it belongs to the Lutikov family. Grows in the northern hemisphere: in the forests and mountain slopes, as well as in the meadows and river shores. In the natural habitat, you can count two dozen species of perennial, and the gardeners are used significantly less. The most popular view of the Siberian rose can be considered a swimsuit European. Scientists today described in detail 29 plant species. 20 of them grows in Russia. For the purpose of decorative garden decoration, 7 varieties are derived and not yet one dozen hybrids. Hybrid varieties have an enviable immunity.
Trollus Description Next:
- Large, bright yellow and juicy orange flowers;
- Flower spherical shape – open or semi-open;
- Trollus leaflets are palparted, have a color of summer grass;
- At the time of flowering, the Siberian rose is thinning barely tangible flavors of freshness.
Need to know that the swimsuit is a poisonous flower. Her juice is able to cause burns on the skin and mucous. Therefore, the entire landing process should be carried out in protective gloves. Despite the fact that the plant is considered to be poisonous, in folk medicine use the therapeutic properties of a swimsuit, boils are preparing, which help to fight tumors and edema.
Types and varieties
There is a choice, and it attracts its diversity. Name “Cultural” combines a series of garden forms and types of perennial. Of course, the varietal representatives of flowers are larger and brighter.
The most famous view of the Trollus – European. It is inherent terry, spherical, pale lemon flowers. Other type name – Gorryanka. Asian variety acquired, which is a perennial with juicy-orange solitary flowers. Chinese trolly has expressive orange flowers, distinguishes the view later flowering. Today this plant is listed in the Red Book, he threatens disappearance.
It is similar to him “Larbura”, But the flowers are bigger. Mansion in this row is a dwarf swimsuit, resembling a large buttercup. In Central Asia and individual districts of Western Siberia, the Altai swimsuit is growing. This is one of the most spectacular types of perennial.
And absolutely unusual against the background of these species looks Battle of Lilova. Flee-lilac flowers with yellow stamens seem gentle and defenseless. Such a plant would decorate any garden, but in contrast to their relatives it is very demanding about the conditions of growth. It grows in a swampy environment, in places of melting of glaciers.
The following varieties are considered especially popular at gardeners:
- Cheddar (Cheddar) – tender-cream flowers and gentle lemon stamens, very elegant grade;
- “Alabaster” – Flowers of spherical, with a cream tint, low, having a thick dark foliage;
- “Orange Princess” – bright orange large heads;
- “Canary Berd” – faded, barely yellow flowers of neat shape;
- “Lemon Quune” It has yellow or lemon yellow flowers;
- “GOLDEN QUEEN” (“Golden Queen”, “Golden Queen”) – Late variety, blooms in the midst of summer;
- NEW MOON (“New Moon”) – large, semi-open, bright yellow flowers.
Each of the varieties will perfectly fit into the design of any site, it all depends on the preferences and the selected color scheme.
How to distinguish from the butter?
Yellow flowers – the most spring. Remember the mother-and-stepmother, dandelions, and, of course, buttercups. Yellow color catches warm, strengthens flowering processes. And these “solar” plants attract insects, they work on flowers, stimulating cross pollination. So the bath is the same warmness of heat, it blooms in the late spring, the first days of summer (except late varieties).From the buttercup, his “relative”, it is characterized in size. Compared to rather representative balls of swimsuit, the buttercup is very modest. Trollus flowers are not disclosed as the heads of the buttercup. The most obvious difference between related plants in the photos.
Subtleness landing in open ground
The most simple way than to buy the finished seedlings and organize its landing in the garden, no. Siberian Rosa does not show special requirements, but still remember that she loves wet land. If you land it in a dry place, do not leave the flower chance.
The best time for disembarking is not spring and autumn, and August. There are frost-resistant swimsuit varieties, but not worth risking – Young plants should increase rhizome and graze even before frosts. Again, it is important from what you decided to grow trolly. If from seeds, then late autumn sowing material can be put in the container, keep it in it indoors without heating. There for the winter plants will be a good stratification, and in the spring will heave.
Even more faithful advice – sowing material Send into a package with a full-willed wetted sand, move the package to the refrigerator (in a vegetable compartment), keep 3, and then 4 months. In March, seeds can sink into the substrate and expect germinals in the temperature indicators of 20 degrees.
Choosing a place
Look place with scattered lighting. An excellent option for a swimsuit will be the place under high decorative bushes. Suitable for planting and stony slide. It is important that a bright sun shone for a long time for a long time, it is detrimental. You can land a Siberian rose on an open flowerbed, but in this case the flowering will definitely be short. Flowers themselves will not grow to the optimal size and will be faded. As for the soil, the medium census composition is preferable. There should be no water tools on the territory. If you plan a perennial into the sandy composition, add moss to the well to help keep moisture. You can also help the well itself with a combination of peat and humus, as well as 15 g of nitroposki.
How to plant
You can sow seeds, as already noted above, at home (option with the refrigerator is optimal). The grown seedlings move to the holes straight with the earthen lump. Well digging with a 40-50 cm interval. Root neck Trollus deepen 2 cm. Immediately cut the leaves, so that the rooting was successful. 2 weeks after the appearance of the appearance of young foliage. Please note that Trollius does not like transplants very much, because do not touch it for 9-10 years: it is quite convenient to get a job in one place and will delight with stable blossom.
How to care for?
Competent landing in open ground – only half of the case. How will the bathing will grow, whether its flowering will be long and bright, depends on the organization of care.
We need to water the Siberian Rose often, only without abuse. The perennial must be in the moistened soil, without stagnant water. If you are nothing or overflow the water bathroom, it will immediately affect the growth of the flower. Especially delicately it is worth referring to the young bush – it is still vulnerable and sensitive. If summer is dry and roast, painting watering. Stick to the scheme, do not miss “water procedures”, do not increase without visible causes of irrigation. Do not forget to remove weeds. So that the plant strengthened, clicked the bush. The root moisture will not give a chance of weeds to strangle the plant. True, if the mulch frankly does not fit the design of the plot as a whole, give up her. Drop the soil should be 2, maximum 4 cm, not deeper (there is a risk of damaging rhizome).
Large feeding will not need, in this regard, the trollius is unpretentious. To strengthen the spring bloom, make fertilizers before the appearance of flowers. And then after 2-3 weeks you need to hold a new feeder, the third will be in a couple of weeks. Use to fertilizer nitroposk (on the water bucket is enough 5 g), urea (1 tablespoon on 10 liters of water). You can also apply a complex organic, for example, Agrick. Humus and peat will also be useful for perennial.
As already mentioned, in one place Trollius will greatly live 10 years. Therefore, select a place to land carefully, realizing that the whole decade of change here is not foreseen. But there is also such an opinion: cultural varieties bloom on the second or third year, and in the season of flowering them and transplant to a permanent place. Do it in April-May or the end of August. If you are going to share a bush with a subsequent transplant, do not make it earlier than 6-7 years of life. A swimsuit during a transplantation may experience stress, and at this age it will be at least relatively ready for the “resettlement”.
Trollus is considered a cold-resistant plant, therefore calmly worries winter in the garden without a passion layer. When in October the leaves of the perennial donor, they are better to cut. Above the surface, leave only cutters in a couple of centimeters long. They will protect the kidney that is located in the center of the socket. This kidney for the next year and will give color.
Methods of breeding
Perennial breeding is possible to divide the bush and seeds. Every way can be successful. Plant seeds mature by autumn. You can hang them directly into open soil, but the best forecasts for high germination gives long-term stratification. Therefore, there is a hollow in almost winter. Suitable for this case loose soil with the possibility of air penetration. The perfect option is: 2 peat stakes, 2 stakes of the earth, 1 sand share.
In the first day days you can wait for germs. If already at this time the weather is in summer warm, the flowers will need enhanced watering and shelter from the annoying rays. When the shoots appear a couple of full leaves, it’s time to dive. Sprouts Separate 8-10 cm from each other. Custal division:
- In the fall, Trollius needs to dig, divide into pieces of decene (each – with shoots and rhizome).
- Each decene is planted in the previously prepared place. Before frosts, bushes should be well rooted. If the perennial division you decide to engage in the spring, do it before the flowering stage.
- The material prepared for the landing should not disappear. Suck delays need fast. Root neck blow 2 cm.
Be sure to mulch young bushes, it will strengthen their accessibility in a new place and will not let you die in the first weeks.
Diseases and pests
Fortunately, Trollius is a strong and viable perennial who opposes diseases well. Insects rarely encroach on it. And in order to reduce the risk of lesion, the spring bath should be treated with ash. In the subsequent ash, the complex mixtures will replace. Possible diseases:
- Septoriasis. Manifested by gray-brown or orange spots of irregular shape with a yellowish framed. On leaves can be detected black points. Greens dries out and leaves ahead of time. Stems and plates are also deformed. It is necessary to fight this: to destroy the area of the defeat, process the plant with copper vitrios or borobo liquid. The plant is likely to have to transplant to a new place. Old place needs disinfection.
- Smut. Manifests itself with whitish growths and the obvious slowdown in the trolly. Help can preparations “Ferasim” and “Clay”.
- Nematodes. Hit the swimsuit, and it is quickly manifested by brown spots, which in time they darken. Leaflets die off, trolly back in development, flowering does not occur. It is possible to solve the problem with the help of chemicals such as “heterophos”, “phosphamide” and “Lindane”.
According to reviews, diseases of the Trollus gardeners face rarely. In the fall, remove the old leaves from the perennial, in order to protect it from fungal diseases.
Usage in landscape design
Low-voltage plants can be arranged stony slides – the composition turns out to be elegant and laconic. If you grow high varieties of swimsuit, then they are suitable for decorating edges, corners of lawns and territories adjacent to the pond. Bathing can grow singly – this is a self-sufficient plant. But it perfectly manifests itself in combination with primula and cornflowers, dolphinium and iris. Practically any flowers of purple and blue shades, canary and orange tones will be amazing with trolly.
The presented photos demonstrate how you can decorate a plot with a swimsuit.
- Neighborhood with iris – a visual example of how two plants in colorful attitude fow each other. Good to combine high irises with low trollus varieties.
- The plant at the artificial reservoir looks very appropriate, gently and even fabulously. If you do not want a very motley drive area, surround the pond with a low swimsuit and faded little flowers bluish-purple shades.
- Modest trolly in lush bloom of neighbors. And such an interesting option is also possible. Such areas are curious to consider, moving from one object to another.
- The same popular color combination is yellow and blue. On one oval flowerbed, two plants will look like a laconic, competently decorated two-color floral carpet.
- If you love dense and lush flowering, this option will be useful for consideration. Take tall varieties of bathing.
- The surrounding trollius – a great solution. Perhaps the lower blue tier of flowers is missing here, but this is a matter of taste.
- In this motley flower drawing, there may be a place for swimsuits. Usually take flowers easier, but why not arrange a botanical experiment. Remember the importance of mear mear.
- Perfectly feels a trolly and mono-landing. Yellow bushes will organically look along the lane in the garden.
- Slip the next few trolly varieties. You can arrange an elegant color transition, but you need to navigate the possible height of growth.
- If you got similar bright, greenish-cream varieties of swimsuit, then they are worthy of landing with separate bushes. Plants make a plot more tender, add to him spring freshness.
Tall grades boldly plant an array on the lawn, and the lowest will profitably look at the curtains surrounded by stones. Sit to Trollus Muscari and Hyacinths, Anemones. In addition to blue, purple and yellow flowers, you can hold the trollus of the plant intense burgundy shades. Purple flowers are better complemented by a gentle-lemon swimsuit, and bright purple – orange varieties of plants.
How to properly care for the swimsuit, look in the following video.