Snowstands – the usual case for Russian winters. In this regard, snow removal equipment is becoming increasingly popular – both autonomous and mounted. What types of snow removal equipment exist today and how to choose a manual model of a snowplow for yourself, consider below.
The main division of snow blowers is made by the type of working cycle:
- Single-stage, with a combined working cycle, that is, the breakdown of the snow masses, and their transfer is carried out by the same unit;
- Two-stage, with a split operation cycle – the snowplow has two separate working mechanism responsible for the development of snow rolls and their cleaning by discarding the snow mass.
The advantages of single-stage snow removal devices:
- Compactness and increased maneuverability of the device;
- Higher movement speed.
The disadvantage of such machines is relatively low performance.
Single-stage type of snow removal machines include Plodant and Milling Snapper. The first usually apply to cleanse roads from snow drifts. In cities they can use to purify sidewalks and small streets. With an elevated density of slaving from snow, they are considered ineffective.
Milling or milling-plow snow blowers were popular in the sixties of the XX century. The principle of their action was slightly different from Plodant Rotary Hall: The throwing rotor is replaced by a mill, which, due to the rotational torque, cut the snow mass and transmitted it into the slur. But numerous disadvantages of such type of equipment quickly reduced the popularity of such cars and they “have come off the distance”.
The two-stage type of snow-cleaning machines includes auger and milling and rotary aggregates. The main difference between them is the design of the feeding mechanism, which is engaged in cutting the snow mass and feeding it into the snowman.
Schnekorny snow removal units at this time are very popular in Russia. They are hung on passenger and cargo cars, tractors and specialsassium. They are designed to dry out the shafts of snow left by other types of snow-cleaning machines, and loading the snow mass in freight transport with special vehicles. They are used for cleaning from snow and within the city, and on motorways, and on the runway of airports and airfields.
The advantages of the cunning snow plows:
- High efficiency when working with deep and dense snow cover;
- Big Distance Emission of Processed Snow.
But this species has cons:
- high price;
- Large dimensions and mass;
- Slow movement;
- Operation only in winter seasons.
Sneakers of snow blowers are divided into single-engine and two-door. In single-engine models and movement, and the operation of mounted snow removal equipment is powered by one engine. In the second case, an additional motor is installed for powering a snowpressure.
The main disadvantages of the two-dimensional design of the cunning snow blowers include the following points.
- Irrational use of the main chassis motor. When operating on the purpose of the efficiency, it is less than 10%, for a long time the speed of rotation is less than the nominal. This leads to clogging of the combustion chamber, nozzles and valves of fuel mixture, which, in turn, leads to a fuel consumption and accelerated motor wear.
- Cross-location of engine drives. Motor, driven by a snow blower mechanism in front of the cab, is located in the back of the machine, and the main engine that provides the movement of the technique is in front of.
- Significant load on the front axle in movement mode. This can lead to a breakdown of the bridge, to prevent such malfunctions for the tubing machines, a limitation of movement speed of up to 40 km / h.
Features of milling and rotary snow blowers
The purpose of milling and rotary snow removals does not differ from that of such in the tubing machines – they can remove the compacted masses of the snow, followed by discarding them up to 50 m to the side or loading them into the cargo transport. Milling and rotary snow removal units can be both attached and autonomous.
Milling and rotary snow blowers can remove snow drifts up to 3 m high. Such snowy equipment can be installed on various types of transport: tractor, loader, car or special, as well as on the arrow of the machine manipulator.
It should also be noted the high performance and effectiveness of such equipment in difficult conditions: with high humidity and density of the snow mass, areas deleted from cities.
Today’s market presents a huge number of different snow removal equipment.
For instance, Impulse SR1730 model Russia has a working width of cleaning snow cover 173 cm, with a mass of 243 kg. And Impulse SR1850 is able to clean the strip of a width of 185 cm about 200 m3 / h, the weight of the device is already 330 kg. The mounted milling-rotary unit of the SFR-360 captures the width of 285 cm during performance up to 3500 m3 / h and is able to discard the treated mass of snow at a distance of up to 50 m.
If you take a cunning mechanism for the production of Slovakia brands Kovaco, then the width of purification varies from 180 to 240 cm. Mass of the unit – from 410 to 750 kg, depending on the configuration. Distance of the release of spent snow – up to 15 m.
Milling and Rotary Snowplow KFS 1250 Has weight 2700-2900 kg, while the width of the gripping of snow varies from 270 to 300 cm. Able to throw off the snow at a distance of 50 m.
GF GORDINI TN and GF GORDINI TNX Clean the zone with a width of 125 and 210 cm, respectively, the release of snow is carried out at a distance of 12/18 m.
Milling and rotary mechanism “SU-2.one” Belarus production is able to process up to 600 cubic meters of snow per hour, while the width of the working strip is 210 cm. Emission range ranges from 2 to 25 m, as well as purification speed – from 1.9 to 25.3 km / h.
Italian Snowplow F90Sti also refers to milling and rotary type, weight of the device – 13 tons. Differs high productivity – up to 5 thousand. cubic meters per hour with cleaning speed up to 40 km / h. Treatment bandwidth – 250 cm. Used to clearing take-off airfield strips.
Belarusian SNT-2500 SNIPLE Weighs 490 kg, capable of processing up to 200 cubic meters of snow mass per hour with a width of the grip of 2.5 m. Exhaust snow is discarded at a distance of up to 25 m.
Snow blower model LARUE D25 Also relates to high-performance apparatus – capable of recycling up to 1100 m3 / h with a width of the working area in 251 cm. Device weight – 1750 kg, Snow garbage distance is adjusted from 1 to 23 m.
These specifications are familiarizing in nature, and at any time they can be changed at the request of the manufacturer, so when choosing a snow blower model, carefully read the instructions and specifications of the alleged acquisition.
How to choose a model for quad bike?
For an ATV, you can pick up hinged snow removal equipment of two types: rotor or with a dump. The first type is capable not only to develop snownotes, but also to discard snow to the direction of 3-15 m depending on the model.
It can also be noted that rotary snow blowers for quad bikes are generally more powerful with the blade, they are able to develop snowflows height 0.5-1 m.
As for snow blowers with dumps, you can select the following points.
- The dumps are single-circuit and two-section – for garbage of the snow mass in one or two sides, non-reflective – with a fixed corner of snow capture, and swivel – with the ability to regulate the grip angle.
- At the models for accelerated snowmock, the top edge of the dump is very twisted.
- Rama and fastening system can be both removable and permanent. The most modern models are equipped with a “floating dump” – when a solid obstacle is discovered under the snow, it automatically departs back and raised.
- For models intended for installation on a quad bike, the minimum mechanization is characterized, that is, the dump level is usually set manually.
The performance of models for an ATV is quite limited – this is due to the low power of its engine.
About how a two-stage snowplow can be viewed in the following video.