Border ribbons are widely used by gardeners and gardens when planting areas. They are framed by beds, lawns, used in landscape design. Fences are sold in a large assortment – in stores there will be materials of different shapes, sizes and color solutions.
What is it and for what you need?
Burgundy tape – flexible rolled material, which is most often used in the household at the design of the country area. Depending on the modification and manufacturer, its height reaches 10-60 cm, and the length is not more than 30 meters.
Garden ribbons were widely used in the household territory.
- Folding tracks and paths. With the help of the tape it is easy to distinguish between the plots, zoning the space thus. It helps to form paths for pedestrians from various bulk building materials.
- Formation of priority circles near garden shrubs and fruit trees. When using decorative fences, the region next to the plantations will look more presentable and well-groomed.
- Restricting the propagation of plants with a creeping root system, for example, raspberries, mint and strawberry. If you do not take the appropriate measures on time, these cultures will quickly spread throughout the plot. Burgundy ribbon injection will help keep the spread of vegetation within a given territory or bed.
- Decoration of flower beds, lawns, beds.
- Protection of sections from germination of weeds. Plastic ribbon, in-depth in the soil of about 15 cm, will prevent the growing breakfast.
Fencing, in addition to the decorative function, also play a practical role. For example, they are used to protect the base of greenhouse or other structures from direct contact with the soil. It increases their durability and prevents premature destruction of the foundation.
The ribbon border is also used to raise the flow level at low-rise areas. When applying fencing, fertile substances will not be flushed with rain, and less water will be required for artificial irrigation.
Review of species
Manufacturers offer garden ribbons of different modifications. They are classified as appointment and manufacturer.
Such ribbons for fences are made of durable materials. Products are designed for recess in the ground by 10-20 cm. Most often, they are a flat ribbon having a mesh or smooth surface. Unlike decorative tapes such materials are more dense. They have great loads and are not afraid of frosts, so they can not dig in preparation for winter.
These modifications differ greater aesthetic. They are made in the form of a wave, can have openwork edges. Such solutions are often used for the “frontal” design of flower beds, flower beds. The sale of variations with openwork enhanced side. Due to higher rigidity, such structures are better kept form.
Decorative gardening sides look original and elegant. They can mimic forged fence or stakenik. Due to their use, you can quickly and inexpensively transform any plot.
Production and Color Materials
Unlike classic borders produced from rubber, stone, concrete and various composite materials, garden tape is made only from plastic or steel. These products have various characteristics and operational properties.
Plastic borders are a flexible tape made in various color variations. Green, Brown, Red, Black, Khaki Colors – A wide variety of palettes allows you to choose a product according to personal preferences and create a unique landscape design.
Consider the benefits of plastic ribbon borders.
- Easy installation and disassembly. To create a lawn fence, no special skills will be required. All work is performed using a healthy inventory. If necessary, the ribbon is easily dismantled by digging out of the soil.
- Wide range of products from domestic and foreign trademarks. Manufacturers offer thin or more durable hard models, corrugations or smooth variations. There are solutions from plastic in 15 shades.
- Flexibility and elasticity of the material. Due to such features, the ribbon can not only framing lawns with clear geometric shapes, but also create wave-like flowerbeds and beds.
- Resistance to various adverse environmental factors. Plastic is not afraid of exposure to sun rays, contacts with acid rains, temperature differences. Despite the complex operating conditions, high-quality materials for a long time retain external presentation.
- Resistance to corrosion.
- Small weight and dimensions, thanks to which products are easily transported and do not occupy a lot of space when cleaning for storage.
- Flexible plastic is easy to cut, What simplifies installation work.
- The possibility of multiple use.
- Available cost.
When complying with the rules of installation and operation, plastic will serve for a long time. However, durability and all the above-described advantages are inherent only in high-quality products from the middle and expensive price segments. It also meets and cheap products. As a rule, it is endowed with some disadvantages. Budget tapes are often manufactured from polymers unstable to the effects of negative temperatures. To extend the functionality, they will have to be dismantled before the onset of cold.
Inexpensive fences are often too thin – in this case they can stretch at the pressure of the soil. Such ribbons are not recommended to framing high flowerbeds, as they can quickly break or unfold.
Occasionally in stores there are curb ribbons from metal. As a rule, they are made of steel. To increase their resistance to the effects of corrosion, products are galvanized. In order to protect against moisture on their surface, polymer or polyurethane coating can be applied, but such modifications will cost much more expensive variations with galvania.
Metal tape tighter compared to plastic. It has greater strength, due to which it is not stretched under the weight of the soil when the high bed.
Metal structures are inherent in the following advantages:
- low weight;
- resistance to high humidity, inconsistency of rotting processes, attacks of malicious microorganisms causing mold;
- long operational period;
- Simple montage.
Metal fences look aesthetic. They are corrugated, wavy or straight. Their disadvantages include a higher price than on plastic structures and limited color solutions.
Burgundy plastic tapes are manufactured in many countries. The fiscal products are produced in Russia and China. Judging by the reviews, its main disadvantage is considered low. Products from Poland and China are distinguished by excessive softness, which is why they quickly come into disrepair. German products are considered the highest quality and durable to arrange garden and garden sites.
We give a small rating of the most popular manufacturers.
- Raco (Germany). Under this brand, various equipment for the garden and garden is available. All products comply with world quality standards, it is confirmed by TUV certificates, GS. The company has over 40 years. During this time, she ranked leading positions for the production and sales of gardening equipment worldwide.
- GARDENA (Germany). The company was founded in 1961 in. Ulm. Initially, the trademark was produced a garden tool, today the manufacturer offers various equipment for the work and improvement of household plots up to intelligent irrigation systems. Gardena products are famous for reliability and durability. It is known in more than 120 countries of the world.
- “Country” (Russia). Domestic manufacturer of garden tools. Behind the trademark produced budget sides of frost-resistant plastic in various color versions. Most of the products are represented by ribbons with a thickness of 1 mm and a height of 11 cm.
- “Hozlend” (Russia). The company was founded in 1998 (until 2007, it was called CJSC FarMEX-Service). Offers a wide selection of business inventory.
Famous manufacturers also include the following companies: Palisad (Germany), Green Belt (Russia), ELSA (Ukraine), Diorit (Russia) and others.
When buying a border tape, first of all need to take into account its size.
- Thickness. The life and elasticity of the product depend on this indicator. The most dense fences have a thickness of 2 mm, the minimum indicator is 0.5 mm. It should be borne in mind that the dense modifications are poorly bent, because of which they are not recommended to acquire to reflect geometrically complex flower. If the grass between the rows is scheduled to be removed using a trimmer, it is best to choose the thickest product.
- Length. The greater the indicator, the greater area will be able to cover the tape. Roll length is selected taking into account the tasks.
- Width height). The value of this parameter varies widely (10-50 cm). To form paths, it is recommended to choose a 10 cm wide ribbon, for the framing of flower, beds, the creation of the rolling zones in trees – at least 15 cm, for zoning space – 20 cm. To create raised beds or fences to germinate shrubs, a ribbon border will be required with a height of at least 30 cm.
Need to decide with the choice of the colors of the fence. Coloring depends on both the individual preferences of the gardener and the goals that he in front of it puts. To create original design solutions on the household plot, you can pick up bright ribbons – red, yellow, pink. However, it is worth considering that they can bring dissonance to the overall composition.
The classics are considered ribbons of brown and green tones – they are perfectly combined with soil and garden plantings. They are suitable for the arrangement of flower beds, beds.
How to install?
Installation of curb ribbons It is easy to produce with your own hands, and the most convenient to work together together. To install, you will need the following tool:
- bayonet shovel;
- construction stapler;
- durable scissors or knife;
- a hammer;
The latter are designed for fastening border fence with a broach or brass. Pegs are made of durable plastic. They have a pointed tip for instant globage of the product in the soil and flat top. The height of most models of such fixtures is 30 cm – this is enough for reliable fixation of the tape in the soil. Plastic pegs are convenient in operation, they are safe for any plantations, differ in durability due to resistance before exposure to moisture and sunlight.
Burgundy ribbon can be attached in two ways – ground and swallowed. To the first technique, it is advisable to resort when arranging multi-tiered flower beds and high beds. Procedure for performing work with a terrestrial installation method:
- cutting tapes taking into account the size of the refined area;
- closure of fencing in the ring, connecting it ends with a stapler;
- Setting the tape (the product must be inserted into the ground the end part);
- fixation of the border by pegs (installed at a distance not exceeding the half-meter from each other);
- Filling the resulting form of the soil and the subsequent landing of plant crops.
Most often resorted to the airborne technique, if necessary, limit space, for example, when edging lawns, creating rolling circles or clear paths of paths. To install the ribbon, you will need to make a groove with a depth of 10-20 cm, put the fencing in it and inserted around the border, without forgetting the ground.
What can be replaced?
To save money, you can abandon the acquisition of the finished border ribbon and make garden fences with their own hands from girlfriend. For example, For the fence of the beds or tracks, the old slate is often used, subject to its good condition or the remnants of this building material after laying the roof. To create a fencing, slate sheets need to be cut into products of the required sizes and insert them into the soil. The advantages of such borders include low cost, ease of installation, to disadvantages – the fragility of the material and the allocation of harmful substances in the soil.
Plastic fences are also replaced with wooden fences. Wood products are convenient in operation and functional – with their help you can lay several tiers of different heights. The material is easily saw on the segments of the desired length. Wooden fences will look aesthetic on any plot.
Such products are environmentally friendly, but they are short-lived. When contacting with a wet soil, the tree swells and rotates, and from the sun rays cracks. To extend the durability, wood needs to be treated with protective equipment, after which it is covered with varnish.
For fence flower, some gardeners use glass or plastic bottles. In this case, it is recommended to take the same in size and design of the container. To install them, you need to dig up the deepening, in which alternately lay the container with the neck down. For the manufacture of garden fences, you can use the remains of the professional flooring. The material is resistant to corrosion, it is able to serve not one year while preserving external presentation.
Profile is easy to work, because it is flexible – with it, you can create flower beds with a complex configuration.
Burgundy ribbons are used by many gardeners and gardens. Their use is one of the most budgetary and rapid ways to reflect land. Judging by consumer reviews, plastic fences help create interesting landscape compositions to people without special design skills.
To other advantages of curb ribbons include:
- Simple and quick installation – Ribbon materials are easily cut with scissors or a construction cutter;
- Good heat resistance – border does not crack when wintering in soil;
- Excellent elasticity – ribbons to create fences with figure configurations are easily bent, while there are no traces of the hall on their surface;
- Large assortment of ribbons of different shapes, colors and sizes.
Users noted that border ribbons do not require specialized care. When cleaning products for storage, they should be pulled out of the soil, clean from contamination or rinse under water pressure. By cons. Some buyers belong to the weak strength of thin fences. They quickly break when the tape is installed near shrubs or next to the massive root system. In the latter case, weak plastic can break due to the growing roots. However, experienced gardeners are not recommended to get rid of damaged fencing – it can be trisped. Cracks on plastic Easy to eliminate with a soldering iron or burner.
To another disadvantage of consumers include the fading of a border with prolonged exposure to UV rays. In general, reviews for plastic borders positive. Negative responses most often leave for poor-quality products of dubious production.
Examples in landscape design
Plastic border ribbons are used in the design of artificial reservoirs, creating bulk tracks, formation of flower. In the above photo gallery, you can see how, using tape fences, you can transform a plot on the cottage or in the garden.
On how to choose and install a curb ribbon, tell the following video.