Beautiful garden – a serious investment, and not only in the nearest environment, but also in its psychological health. Sometimes to calm down or gain strength, it is enough to sit on the bench in the beloved garden and see the beauty created by you. And if there are such incredibly charming crops in the garden, like a Japanese buggy, not to inspire his elegance is simply impossible.
Japanese bugger (with one “H” is also correct) – Eastern plant, characteristic of Japan and China gardens. But it has long been noticed far behind the Asian borders. Shrub or tree is widely cultivated in various European regions, it is distributed in North America.
But in Russia, this culture is not so popular yet, although if in some garden to detect such a tree, the impression will be in the degree of admiration.
Botanical Plant Characteristics:
- Crown of Bagrynik – Powerful, wide, pyramidal shape;
- Several trunks are formed at the very base;
- Mature tree has a dark gray bark with cracks;
- Young bugger shoots are rather brown, naked;
- Powerful root, rod, in rhizome many branches located at the soil surface;
- Sheets are small, heart-shaped, approximately 5-8 cm long;
- The outer side of the leaves is a dark green with a blue subtock, internal – sisaya with white;
- At the start of the vegetation, the leaflets have a beautiful pink with a purple subtock color, cast a satin glitter, in the fall they become golden yellow or even crimson;
- That particularly distinguishes this tree from others, this is his aroma, as a result of which the plant is often called “gingerbread” (it really has a smell resembling gingerbread or vanilla);
- In brushless inflorescences are gather unspoken flowers without a perianth;
- The fruit of the bugger is a pod-shaped box with a lot of winged seeds;
- Culture is fast-growing;
- It is inherent in winter hardiness, but if winter is harsh, and at the same time without snow, the tree can begin to freeze;
- Fruit bugger Japanese will begin only for 15-16 years of life;
- The flowering of the plant lasts no longer than the week, this time falls on April-May;
- Fruits mature to the beginning of autumn or a little later (depending on climate).
A particularly demanding crop of the Bagrynik you will not call. But all of all, he will prefer plots with good lighting, on which there are no squalid winds (at least there is protection from those).
If the plant is shaded, it will not be harmful to him. Young cultures shadate the first couple of years, otherwise the trunks and escapes threaten burns.
It can be said that the plant is relatively rare, because the abundance of varieties will not. It is assumed that once the Bagrynik grew is hardly everywhere, but the glacier did his job and seriously reduced the population.
To date, there are several varieties of the Japanese Bagryman.
“Magnify” (or magnificent bugger) – characterized for Honshu Island, prefers to grow at height, next to rivers and streams. It has a smooth branch and a modest branch, leaflets are large.
- “Pendula” – And this is a crying grade of the Bagrynik, who brought a couple of dozen years ago in North America, is distinguished by diluting twigs. The tree is not particularly high, and its frost resistance is not as high as the wild form.
- Groneswood Glood – This variety has also been removed in North America, distinguishes its rugged neat crown shape. It is almost a dwarf tree that can still grow up with time.
If the dream transform the design of the site with the help of this tree no longer comes out of the head, it’s time to take. Start, of course, with competent landing.
The decorative plant is wonderful on the rich, fertile lands that are abundantly drinking with water. If the water is not enough of the water, the plant lives in the context of drought, it will behave capriciously. For example, will reset the beautiful foliage. The level of soil acidity must be neutral, the humidity level is high.
Should take into account the features of landing.
- A place. Spacious territory with good lighting – this is what you need this culture. But if the straight sun rays shine from morning to evening, it is also dangerous, the plant is afraid of burns. At the beginning of the growing season, the flouring rays can destroy the tree. Therefore, it is quite possible to plant a bugger in a half, where good illumination, but the tree will not be constantly under the ultraviolet gun.
- Rules. Well for the tree must be prepared in advance, to help it with a humus or compost (well overworked). It is not necessary to plunge the root neck, the landing level will be the same as before the transplantation. The seedling should be installed vertically, sprinkle soil, the earth is slightly sealing, press the foot. Watering is rather big, not less than a bucket for every seedling.
Obviously, nothing complicated. The first days after landing need to control the ground, do not give him to dispel. Then culture will quickly come to normal after such stress and will actively go into growth.
Care is a few points, especially important for the growth and development of culture. Loss in one of them can destroy all other efforts.
Bagrynik is a moisture-loving plant, which in the absence of moisture can reset the foliage literally at one moment. Therefore, the regular watering is obligatory, especially attentive it is necessary to be a priority zone on a strain – carefully wet. Mulching also will not be superfluous. This will help protect the root system of the “gingerbread” tree from overheating and, especially important, delay moisture.
Only young trees need it at a time when they are actively increasing greens. Optimal will be special complexes with a low percentage of nitrogen (otherwise young branches will begin to grow excessively). Dangerous nitrogen in large numbers and the fact that young, actively growing branches may simply do not have time to grow to cold.
You need to plan to plan on the spring, you can do it at the beginning of summer (right up to its equator). Then all the feeding stops – the twigs should be delayed.
Crop the bugger is assumed early in spring until the juice movement began. It is necessary to cut all the twigs that peered, remove what crude irreversibly pests. It is possible by trimming to give Krone the desired form – experiment in design.
The easiest of the reproduction of the Bagryman is shilling. Can be in June, as a last resort in July, cut green branches. They are placed in water, in crude sand either in a suitable nutrient soil mixture. Pre-cutting need to withstand in the epined solution (the “corneser” and “heteroaceuxin”). For the root formation, such measures are very important and efficient.
Cuttings should be covered with polyethylene bags, can be plastic cups. It creates greenhouse conditions with high humidity. Such actions also force the formation of roots.
A month later, the seedlings will give young shoots – it means that the plant is well rooted.
Consider how to grow a village from seeds.
- Seed collection are planning at the beginning of October, they are immediately sessoled in a box for seedlings. Spring depth – 1-2 cm.
- The box is taken out into the garden, covered with a layer of foliage. This contributes to natural stratification, in the spring will take up about 65-70% of seeds.
- When the thaw will come, the seed box is exempt from shelter. You can transfer it to the house.
- You can make stratification of seeds and in the refrigerator. They are kept in a wet natural fabric, which is wrapped in the package.
- At home shoots will develop slowly – it is absolutely normal. When, finally, 2-3 real leaves will appear, plants are searched by vases for rearing. Transport culture is needed together with an earthen room. Especially careful need to be with the root.
Go to permanent place saplings will be early in autumn. Before the onset of serious cold weather, the tree will need to be covered with leaves and sweets. But some gardeners decide to progress and plant young bugs only in spring. Can do it.
Diseases and pests
This plant has an enviable immunity: pests and pathogens attack it is not as active as many neighbors in the site. But it is possible that if an external enemy struck the bugger, then it will be a word. If it is seen on the tree, you must definitely remove all damaged areas. And the use of system insecticides will solve the issue radically: pest will leave the tree.
If the tree dries the leaves, it may be from the lack of water. Either from too active sun if the bugger lacks shading.
With timely care and regular situational sanitary treatment of neighboring cultures, there is almost no threat to the bugger.
Usage in landscape design
Beautiful will be a live fence from the Bagrynik – the best zoning option for the site is not found. No less beautifully, the village looks in the design of the border. Lached along the tracks and Alley, the Bagryman creates a hedge, which will become a highlight of the territory.
On the plot, the Bagrynik harmonizes with bright forssee, the majestic rhododendron, green all seasons by the Samsit. This is a tree – a great neighbor who makes a unique plot. Nevertheless, in Russia, the Bagrynik is still considered an exclusive, because he will be a winning acquisition.
And if you want the most romantic, cozy autumn, it makes sense to plant a bugger in a beautiful container. It turns out a village in a pot, a small shrub that can decorate the terrace, for example, to become near the house and be the brightest and unusual decor for him. That Golden Autumn – a great time for gardens – will show the bugger in all its glory.
Japanese Bag In the following video.