In continuing water bodies, it is important to maintain the optimal amount of oxygen in water. His drawback leads to deterioration of water, making it unsuitable for inhabitants and some plants. To prevent the formation of mold and stress water uses. These are specialized water nutritional instruments with oxygen. They are presented in a wide variety of models, characterized in appearance, functionality and other parameters.
What and why need?
Aeration is called the process of saturation (enrichment) with water oxygen, as a result of which its condition improves. Due to the reduction in carbon dioxide, the liquid retains transparency, and the fish and plants receive the required amount of oxygen. Also, the device provides additional circulation, eliminating thermal separation. Aerator for a pond is used in the following cases.
- Activation of the growth processes of useful representatives of the flora.
- Creating comfortable conditions for underwater inhabitants.
- Prevent or slowing the flowering and reproduction of algae.
Aerator is required for a pond in which there is no current. Such equipment can be used at any time of the year. In winter, when the surface of the reservoir does ice, fish and other underwater inhabitants lack oxygen.
Review of species
Aerators are in great demand. Equipment can be divided into categories, depending on the accommodation option, design features and other parameters.
Variety of models Great.
- Membrane Aerators. Pond volume – 15 cubic meters. Noise level – low noise. Scope of use – Decorative reservoirs.
- Piston. Pond sizes – from 10 to 300 meters in Cuba. Noise level – medium-che. Scope of use – Decorative reservoirs.
- Vortex. Minimum size – from 150 meters in Cuba. Noise level – noisy aerators. Scope – FramesWater Ponds.
Also modern manufacturers use the following separation.
- Fountains. To assemble such a system, you must need hoses (for oxygen) and pump, which will keep the design on the way. Additionally, you can install the sprayer. The effect of the floating fountain is important not only with a practical, but also aesthetic point of view.
- Windroviks. Such structures operate on wind power, without electricity. Wind aerator operates due to blades that lead to technical equipment. Wood aerator can be placed as you like, as it does not need a compressor for it. Blades can be made of stainless steel or plastic.
- water pump. Easy to use an option that does not require complex maintenance and installation. It is remarkably suitable for small artificial water bodies.
According to the type of system are divided into such options.
- Stationary models. This is large equipment. When it is elected oriented to a specific pond (its size, depth and other characteristics). Aerator works on a special mode or closer.
- Mobile. Compact devices designed for a specific season or temporary use. Equipment can be moved from place to place.
Most often they are chosen for small water bodies or sections that do not need constant oxygen.
According to this parameter and the work principle, pond aerators are divided into certain categories.
- Surface. This is technique in the form of “living” waterfalls or fountains. Visual effect emphasizes the decorativeness of the reservoir. The noise arising during the operation of compressors may interfere with some fish and other inhabitants. This feature must be taken into account. The principle of such equipment is quite simple. Water sucks into the aerator using the pump and after the acceleration is thrown back. The liquid includes air particles that are saturated with oxygen pond.
- Combined. Such models consist of two parts. The compressor is installed on the shore, and the sprayer is placed in the pond. Above the surface of the water is the sprayer head through which the fluid flow passes. It satisfies water with oxygen.
- Winds. Such devices perform all functions autonomously, in the power of wind, saving electricity. Manufacturers offer floating and stationary models. Above in the article, we have already considered the aerators of this species, their design features and other characteristics.
- Bottom. This species appeared on the market relatively recently and got widespread due to high efficiency. The compressor is installed on the shore, and the diffusers with tubes are immersed in the reservoir. Liquid passes through narrow pipes and the outlet penetrates through the water layers. This option is the best choice for locations with fish, turtles and other similar fauna. Among the plenty of benefits, bottom aerators have one significant drawback – this is a high price.
The note! Manufacturers constantly update the range by offering improved equipment models. You can find on sale aerators working on solar panels and equipped with powerful filters. You can also find aerator stones for aquariums and powerful high-pressure blowers for large ponds.
Among the rich variety of aerators, users have chosen certain models and made a list of units that are remarkably suitable for the country pond and larger reservoirs.
Floating machine with high power indicators. It is suitable for water bodies of up to 250 square meters. Oxygen particles will penetrate to a depth of 4 meters. The device will maintain order in a pond with standing water, however, for water bodies with running water, it will also fit wonderful. Aerator will retain biological balance, preventing flowering.
Features of the model:
- Specialists used the injection injector, with which you can control the accuracy of oxygen supply;
- high-speed functioning;
- Noise level – low;
- For the manufacture of individual parts used stainless steel;
- Type of nanos – sealed;
- Long service life.
- Dimensions (length / width / height) – 725x555x310 millimeters;
- The minimum depth for work is 0.5 meters;
- Efficiency – 650 W;
- in one hour the device pumped 3000 liters of air per hour;
- Maximum pond sizes – 250 thousand liters;
- Wire length – 30 meters;
- The current cost is about 180 thousand rubles.
Robust Air RAE-1
Bottom type of aerator, which is designed for large ponds, whose sizes reach up to 4 thousand square meters. The kit includes a bottom sprayer of water, compressor and metal stand.
Features of the equipment:
- The device can be used at a depth of 15 meters;
- During operation, the technique spends the minimum of electricity;
- The aerator constantly stirs the water enriching it with oxygen;
- Model is suitable for use all year round.
- compressor dimensions (length / width / height) – 19x18x20 centimeters;
- Spray dimensions – 51x61x23 centimeters;
- performance indicator – 5,400 liters per hour;
- The equipment can operate at a depth of 6.8 meters;
- Cost – 145 thousand rubles.
Airmax PS 10
Another model of the bottom type. This is an excellent choice for reservoirs with a maximum depth of 6.5 meters. Working area – up to 4 thousand square meters. Noise level – 51.1 dB.
Features of the device:
- reliable and durable housing that protects the mechanism from water and damage;
- Aesthetic appearance, harmoniously inscribed in landscape design.
- performance indicator – 3908 liters hour;
- The minimum depth for work is 1.8 meters;
- Dimensions – 58x43x38 centimeters;
- Weight – 37 kilograms;
- Power – 184 W;
- Actual price – 171 thousand rubles.
AIRFLOW 25 F
Equipment related to floating type. Aerator creates large and powerful streams that quickly and effectively saturate water with oxygen.
- low electricity consumption;
- The user can change the direction of water movement;
- the possibility of working in salted water;
- Injection through the effect of Venturi.
- Dimensions – 980x750x680 centimeter.
- Power – 250 W:
- Weight – 37 kilograms:
- The minimum pond depth is 0.65 meters;
- The device pumped 10 cubic meters of air per hour and 75 cubic meters of water per hour.
Selecting the device, you must definitely pay attention to certain parameters.
- Dimensions and volume of the pond. This characteristic is directly related to performance. The larger and deeper with a reservoir, the more powerful the aerator will need. It is recommended to purchase a model with an additional power supply to the equipment of the equipment proceeded slowly.
- Noise level. If underwater residents dwell in the pond, the sound of the pump can create discomfort for them. Also a high noise level is not suitable for reservoirs, which are located near the houses.
- Seasonal operation. Some models are focused on use in the warm season, others are designed for autumn and winter. Also on sale you can find universal equipment that can work all year round.
- Working modes. The more efficient and the functionality of the technique, the more expensive it is. However, for some cases only aerator is suitable with a large number of operating modes.
So the user will be able to adjust air saturation level and manage other features.
Additional parameters to pay attention to:
- guarantee period;
- materials used in the manufacture of equipment;
In the next video, you will see a brief overview of the aerator for a pond in winter Velda Silenta Pro.