Apartment cleaning is an important process that not only increases the aesthetic state of the room, but also makes it safe for the life and human health. One of the most important household appliances that helps to remove trash, dust and animal wool, is a vacuum cleaner. Modern manufacturers produce a huge amount of these devices that are distinguished by the model, appearance, construction and country of manufacture.
The most fragile part of the vacuum cleaner is a corrugated hose. Before using this device, you must carefully read the manufacturer’s instructions and do not ignore the simple rules of operation of the home assistant. Only careful attitude to machinery and timely repair will extend the life of the device.
The vacuum cleaner is a multifunctional device that helps to clean the cleaning of any room.
On the shelves of modern household stores, you can see outdoor, manual, vertical and built-in devices.
This device consists of the following elements:
- main body with motor, dust collector and filters;
- corrugated hoses and pipes that can be both outdoor and internal;
- Dust and garbage collection nozzles.
Vacuum cleaner hose – corrugated tube, which is made of polypropylene, rubber or plastics. Many devices have inserts from iron rods that give the structures stiffness and strength. Distinctive features – a high level of elasticity and the ability to increase their length. Standard hose length is 150 cm.
Plastic nozzles installed on both ends of the device. Special nozzles for cleaning are attached to one nozzle, and the second end is made in the form of a coupling that connects the hose and the main body of the apparatus.
You can select a number of basic parameters that affect the choice of hose.
- Diameter – Important indicator, on which the power of suction depends. For each model of the vacuum cleaner, the manufacturer chooses the diameter of the corrugated tube.
- Length – An indicator that affects the convenience of cleaning and on the maneuverability of the device.
- Material of manufacture – the main parameter that corresponds to the model of the vacuum cleaner, as well as the method of cleaning (dry or wet).
- Design – An indicator that affects the appointment and features of the vacuum cleaner. Hoses for detergents have additional water tubes and trigger, which are fixed using a special latch. To adjust the suction set the control panels.
- Price range – the main indicator that affects the period of operation of the device and its quality.
- Elasticity – the properties of the hose that affects the durability and ease of cleaning.
The most common areas of deformation:
- near the handle and in the connection site with the main body;
- in the middle of the tube.
Causes of breakdown
The main features of the damage to the corrugated tube are to reduce the power and thrust of the device.
Significantly reduce the efficiency coefficient of the device can cracks, breaks, cuts, punctures and other mechanical damage.
Among the main reasons for the deformation of a flexible piece of vacuum cleaner, experts identify the following:
- regular flexion and twisting of the tube during cleaning;
- excessive increase in length;
- Low quality details;
- sharp temperature fluctuations;
- Moving the device with the hose;
- falling into the device of foreign objects;
- Contact details with sharp objects and corners of furniture;
- violation of storage rules;
- long period of operation;
- Mechanical wear.
If the hose broke up, pops up from the stroke, departs from the adapter, burst, broke, beat or broke, experts recommend changing the damaged part and do not rush to pass the device to repair. Having a minimum set of tools, each owner can repair the device independently.
Basic repair methods corrugated details:
- removal of a deformed area;
- overlaying a bandage;
- The use of the thermo;
- repair of the hose with the electric line;
- Temporary attachment of adhesive tapes.
The first option is the easiest way to restore the integrity of the part, which requires a minimum set of tools. To remove a damaged area, it is necessary to perform a smooth incision at the break point, remove the sliced portion from the terminal, cover the cutting line with a hermetic tool and insert a whole hose in the tip.
Many vacuum cleaner models have collapsible terminals with kapron bushings. With the help of threads on the sleeve, the hose fixation occurs. To repair this device, you need to disconnect the clamps, change the ring plug and remove the sleeve with the deformed area. After trimming the damaged area, it is necessary to assemble the design in the reverse order.
For the second embodiment of the hose deformation, the presence of mechanical damage in the form of cuts and gaps caused by the careless operation of household appliances. The material to create a bandage can be the usual tires from a bicycle, which has a high level of elasticity and fits tightly to the hose. The repair process consists of the following steps:
- pruning a damaged area;
- stripping the end parts of the hose;
- Preparation of the required piece of bicycle rubber, the length of which should be no more than 15 cm;
- Rubber Bandage nozzle on a damaged area;
- Compound of the hose ends with a special adhesive composition;
- Lubrication of the place of attachment of the bandage by universal glue;
- Tight app of a piece of chamber to the hose and reliable fixation to the complete drying of the glue.
This method allows you to safely and gently connect the hose, keeping the elasticity of its corrugations.
Repair of the corrugated part using a construction dryer and heat shrink material is the most complex method that has high reliability and durability. Advantages – no need to remove a deformed piece of hose, the ability to repair any damaged area. Disadvantage – availability of special construction hair dryer. The main stages of repair work:
- selection of heat shrinking material in accordance with the diameter and color of the hose;
- Dismantling of the terminal with an intact side;
- fixation of thermal material at the site of a break;
- Uniform heating of rubber lining along its entire length.
Crop the complexity in repair can be laid electrical wires inside the corrugated hose.
This electrical device is installed on the devices that have air flow control sensor. Repair feature – removal of a damaged area together with electrical wires that will require a re-connection. Repair activities:
- disassembling the housing of the nozzle;
- disconnecting the pipe from the hose;
- dismantling the defect part of the pipe;
- Spike contact pins for conductors;
- Collect design.
Among the main disadvantages of this device with an electric control sensor, specialists highlight the possible deformation of the hose at the place of connection of it with the handle and the rupture of only electrical wires.
In the absence of special knowledge and tools, there is a better non-working technique to pass into special repair workshops.
To quickly perform temporary repair, experts recommend using tape, painting tape and isolate, which will help for a short time time to close the damaged area.
Stages of repair activities:
- cleaning and degreasing the place of imposition of adhesive material;
- Fastening the chosen sticky tape in two or three layers;
- Fixation of the end of the tape by glue.
This design will not be able to replace full-fledged repair and has a short operating period, but will be able to become a quick way to resuscitate the device.
Special attention should be paid to the emergence of a specific whistle and smell, which the hose can issue in the process, as well as a sharp decrease in suction force. The main reason for this type of breakage lies in the presence of a foreign object inside the corrugated pipe. Most often masters remove small children’s toys, socks, handkerchiefs, paper and plastic bags. Even an inexperienced master can eliminate this type of problem by sticking a thick wire or a piece of fittings to a corrugated cavity. Disassemble the device, clean and repair it, pull out the sock, get a toy, get rid of the smell in a few minutes.
How to repair the vacuum cleaner hose by heat shrinkage, see the following video.