Kitchen set should be ergonomic. Despite the simplicity of cooking and cleaning procedures, its characteristics are of great importance for the convenience of using furniture – height, width and depth. For this, the standards system was developed. It is worth considering in more detail that it represents and how to use it.
How depends the height of the kitchen countertop from growth?
Ergonomics engaged in the study of human movement in specific conditions and premises, as well as the organization of space. Therefore, so that the hostesses have been more convenient to use the kitchen, the range of distances from one working area to another, width and depth of the working surface, the height of the subject. In the kitchen, work is done standing, so it should take into account the correct height of the heads for people with different growth in order to reduce the burden on the joints and the spine during the cooking process. Standard kitchen furniture size was developed in the 50s of the last century. Indicators of placement of boxes and countertops depend on the growth of women. The average growth of women was 165 cm, according to the standards, the height of the table from the floor with such a height should be 88 cm.
For the individual selection of the tabletop height are guided by the following parameters:
- Height and table top;
- Illumination of the working area.
It is necessary to familiarize yourself with the following table, in which tabletop height are presented for people of different growth:
Distance from Pola
up to 150 cm
from 160 to 180 cm
Above 180 cm
Standardized sizes of kitchen items allow you to reduce the cost of materials from which it is made, give a wide selection of customers. Furniture can be purchased from different suppliers and at the same time do not have to think about the fact that some items may not fit into a given space due to their different characteristics.
Worth paying attention to several standards for countertops.
- Tabletop thickness ranges from 4 to 6 cm – These figures must be taken into account to determine the full height of the kitchen headset, including the height of the legs, which is usually equal to 10 cm. Thickness less than 4 cm almost never occurs, as more than 6 cm. These indicators are due to the ability of table tops to withstand heavy items and optimization of the height of the entire kitchen headset.
- Standard Standard Tabletop, manufactured by manufacturers, is 60 cm. With independent manufacture and individually orders, the width is permissible to increase by 10 cm. It is not recommended to reduce the width, narrow countertops are uncomfortable in use in the presence of hinged cabinets, the head will be located on the facade of the cabinet. And the width of less than 60 cm does not allow the convenient location of the person behind the working surface due to the impossibility of normal legs and the hull near the facades of the lower boxes and the base.
- Stopper length is determined by space. From standard values to a zone for washing and the cooking panel, 60 cm is given, and the working surface is on average takes 90 cm. At the same time, there should be free space between the refrigerator and sink or stove on the standards of safety standards. As a result, the length of the countertops must correspond to the minimum of 220 cm. The length of the cutting zone can be reduced, but this will lead to the inconvenience of the preparatory cooking process.
Compared with a standard smooth surface, there is a variant of distributed zones, each of which is characterized by its height. Such a countertop is considered multi-level and designed for the following tasks:
- Maximum facilitation of the process of using the kitchen;
- Reducing the load on the back of a person;
- dividing space on the zone when it is impossible to install a standard table top.
Table top area occupies washing, work surface and stove. The car wash is recommended to be installed 10-15 cm above the working surface allotted for cooking and cutting products. It is desirable that the car wash is slightly moved forward relative to the plane of the tabletop or was located on its front edge, due to this placement, the mistress will not arise an instinctive desire to bend forward during the dishwashing.
If there is no way to raise the level of the table top, then apply overhead sinks. They are installed on the finished surface on which the hole for draining water is cut.
The cooking plate in the multi-level zone is below the cutting area. Such a location provides the convenience of using hot kitchen items and due to the small height of the table-tops transfer the oven to the human body level or on top of the countertops. The high location of the oven reduces the risk of injury and burns as a result of hot dishes from the closet. The cutting area remains unchanged and is equal to the standard tabletop height values.
Important! Of the minuses, a multi-level countertop should be noted the possibility of injury due to hiding objects at different levels. To reduce the risk of emergency situations, each zone is desirable to divide the bathers around the perimeter and sides of the table.
The optimal option is the separation of zones on the working, standing separately, as well as the zones of washing and the cooking plate, separated by free space. Such a location is called an island. The working area in height is equal to the standard value depending on human growth. And it is also possible to adjust an additional tabletop over the working, which serves as a bar with a rack or dining table. In this case, the thickness of the material is chosen in the range of 6 cm, the support is high legs or hollow cabinets.
Another option is to combine the wall with a tabletop. This designer technique allows you to free the place under the working surface and place the tabletop at any height. And this method carries a decorative function and applied in small spaces, but requires accurate load calculations on the worktop. In the form, the tabletop resembles an inverted letter G. The longest part is attached to the wall, the free zone remains untouched, freely soaring or fixed with a floor with a metal or wooden holder, sidewalls.
Over the shape of the edge of the table top there are smooth straight, with rounded corners or gerier asymmetric. In depth there are one value or different. Each value corresponds to a certain zone. For example, this method is used in P-shaped kitchens, where the sink and cooking zones are made by 20-30 cm ahead compared to a cutting surface.
How to calculate?
Calculations for kitchen furniture include the following values:
- width of the opening where boxes will be installed,
- Height of the lower headset;
- The level of hinged cabinets and exhaust;
- Distance between the tabletop and the upper boxes.
Important! Each indicator has standard values, but individual measurements may be required.
Approximate calculation of the lower kitchen headset for the hostess height 170 cm: 89 cm (standard height on the table) – 4 cm (tabletop thickness) – 10 cm (the height of the legs) = 75 cm is the height of the kitchen cabinets. This indicator should be taken into account when purchasing kitchen furniture from different suppliers or during self-assembly, in order not to exceed the height of the countertop height, which will result in the inconvenience of using the working surface. The distance between the worktop and the hinged boxes range from 45 to 60 cm. This distance is optimal to be able to completely see the work surface and the availability of seizures of hinged boxes. The distance to the exhaust is from 70 cm and more if it is stationary or not equipped with the cabinet case.
All measurements are made by a tape measure or measuring laser ribbon. If there is no tool, then the calculations can be made by hand. To do this, it should be smoothly up, the hand bent into the elbow, forming an angle of 90 degrees. The forearm is in a horizontal plane, shoulder – vertical position. In this position it is necessary to reveal the palm toward the floor, strictly down. The distance from the floor to the palm is equal to the height of the lower kitchen headset together with the tabletop and legs.
Incorrect calculations will lead to such consequences as:
- the inconvenience of the use of the working surface and cabinets;
- the impossibility of convenient location at the table top;
- Inability to install a kitchen headset by level.
How to enlarge yourself?
If the level of tabletop height is small, it can be independently brought to the required values.
- Adjustable legs. Many ready-made kitchen modules are equipped with adjustable legs, with the help of them you can increase the height of the kitchen headset by 3-5 cm or independently install new holders. Some firms produce products that differ from standard sizes. The main thing is that the feet diameter is at least 4 cm. Wide legs provide a more uniform distribution of weight of the entire design and affect its stability.
- Changing Standard Tabletop Thickness. Today, the market has a thickness of up to 15 cm in the market, but such materials will not allow the meat grinder in the kitchen. Of the advantages it is worth noting that monumental surfaces are more resistant to damage and durable to use, as well as in such surfaces it is easier to mount the embedded technique.
- Put the kitchen headset on the pedestal. This method is applied when there is no possibility to increase the height of the finished kitchen headset for a high person or visual zoning of space.
- Separation of table tops from the kitchen headset through the “legs” or side holders. This method is suitable only for fully closed boxes, leaving free space between the box and the tabletop.
Soviets of designers
It is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations from professionals.
- For small rooms allocated under the kitchen, it is worth using the method of separated zones; The working area is apart from washing and a cooking surface, can serve as a dining table;
- There were a window in the kitchen, it is combined with a working area with a solid tabletop, which adds extra meters of the working area;
- In large kitchens, an island or a single form resembling the letter P;
- The distance between the parallel zones reaches up to 1.5 meters for convenient and fast movement.
- The process of installation of the table top does not require special skills;
- The finished surface is installed on the kitchen boxes and is fixed using self-tapping screws or corners;
- On each kitchen headset in the upper part of the housing, transverse crossbars are installed, it is they who serve as the basis of the compound of the countertop and a box;
- Unfixed tabletop, despite the fact that it has enough weight, can move from the surface on which it is if the headsets are different in height or are on uneven sex;
- Mounting washing and cooking plates are made after fixing the table top – on the surface there is a future location of the items, the holes are cut with a grinder;
- The junction seat of two countertops is closed with a metal or wooden frame; The gaps between the tabletop and the wall are made up with a kitchenette, and for additional protection against moisture and dirt, the lumens are wetted by sealant;
- If the edge of the table top made of MDF or chipboard is not processed, then to protect the material from water exposure to water, the decorative adhesive tape or paste should be used, because this material is faster than others prone to deformations – resolving, mold formation.
About what table top it is better to choose, look in the following video.