Comfort work and cooking in the kitchen largely depends on the possibility of air ventilation. Very often, it is necessary to simultaneously cook and fry on a gas stove, which in sum gives a strong slightness and an abundance of odors that are not always desirable. To cope with a similar situation, it is recommended to install exhaust over the stove. It is this equipment that is capable of cleaning the air of the kitchen as soon as possible, making it clean and fresh. To choose a hood for a gas stove, you need to know the features of such equipment and ways to install it.
The hood in the kitchen should clean the air, remove foreign smells and promote an effective air exchange for the comfort of stay at the premises. Since the size of the kitchens are often small, then this household device acquires weighty significance. Due to the presence of a large number of brands and trademarks, the range of goods on the market is now large enough, but it is precisely how it makes it difficult to make the right choice in favor of high-quality goods capable of working at the proper level.
To properly choose a hood for a gas stove, you need to know what to pay attention to.
- Device size. It may be small (within 45 cm) and more cumbersome. The choice should be carried out on the basis of the magnitude of the cooking surface – the more it is, the more it must be a hood to cope with the task as quickly as possible.
- Modes of work provided by the developer. It is worth estimating their number and the ability to use several functions at the same time.
- Evaluation of device filters. It is very important that the device has grid and coal filters for high-quality air purification.
- Features of the control panel. There are modifications that have a touch control panel and those in which there are buttons. The choice is carried out depending on the owners preferences.
- The presence of additional functions. The presence of a timer, backlight, interval inclusion and not only is an indicator of a more versatile exhaust.
The most important role in the work of the device is played by filters, therefore choosing a hood, they need to pay special attention to.
Filters that are inside the device may be fat and acrylic. Thanks to fat filters that are in all hoods, the engine is protected. It is noteworthy that it is possible to install disposable or reusable options. Disposable species is created from the material similar to Sintepon and Acrylic, and the reusable is made from aluminum or other metal.
In addition to differences in internal components, hoods may differ in appearance, having a different form, by type of installation and dimensions.
The choice of the desired device should be made based on the size of the room, the magnitude of the cooking surface and the frequency of its use. In order not to be mistaken when selecting this technique, it is necessary to stay in more detail on the principles of its work.
How does it work?
The principle of the drawing is pretty simple and similar to ventilation. When you turn on the device, it is possible to remove from the room at the Gar, unpleasant odors and evaporation. In order for the extractor to quickly cope with the task, there are special filters in its structure, which should capture any contamination. Another feature of the structure is forced ventilation, which is included for an effective air exchange, when the amount of contaminants exceeds clean air masses.
Additional features will be good assistants for any mistress, therefore it is worth selecting such a model that will create optimal conditions for working in a small room. Conducting the selection of drawing for the kitchen, it is worth studying her inner structure, turning special attention to the filter system. There are two varieties of the device under this criterion:
- Recycling – allows you to clean air from dirt and fat by means of filters, after which the same air mass returns to the room;
- Forthworthy – thanks to her there is a cleaning of air, which is drawn from the kitchen and is produced beyond the apartment with ventilation.
The flow hood should be connected to the general ventilation of the house. Due to the availability of the air duct, this process is performed conveniently and quickly. Clean air access takes place with windows or air masses coming from other rooms. Recycling hood has no connection with ventilation, so the same air circulates in the kitchen, cleaning due to the device. To the fence and outflow of the air masses occurred effectively, there is a powerful motor in the hood.
The choice in favor of one or another type will help to make the ventilation channel, which is available in any kitchen of a high-rise building. If it is located near the cooking site, that is, it makes sense to install a flow hood, if far – then recycling. If the house is very old, the ventilation can be scored and the air will pass with difficulty, in this case, it is also worth using the recirculation apparatus or purchase a combined that can work in both directions.
This option has included both air ducts and filters that can be used. For the winter period, it is better to use the principle of circulation, so as not to cool the room, and in the summer use the air vent.
To ensure the correct work of the drawing, it is worth placing the device exactly above the gas stove so that the products of the combustion fall into it immediately and did not contaminate the air.
Depending on the appearance of the drawing, it can be installed on the ceiling, wall or embedded in a kitchen set. Ceiling and wall variations usually have such a design that allows you to make this device organic, easily fit into the room.
Types and their characteristics
Due to the huge variety of designs and external types of exhaust, it is worth staying on this issue in more detail. The design of the device may be several species.
- Dome – It puts on the stove and has the kind of dome that hangs over the cooking area. Most often, it has a double air filtration system. These devices have large dimensions that do not worsen the appearance of the room, as they usually have a very stylish appearance, imitating the fireplace. There are several varieties of dome hoods: wall, angular, island.
- Hidden, or built-in – is the most imperceptible household appliance in the kitchen, because it hides in the furniture. The convenience of this option is that it is possible to save space, which in the kitchen and so little. For those who are looking for an effective device that will not call the eye every day, hidden extract will be the perfect option.
- Telescopic – This extractor will also be installed in the kitchen set, but the panel with fat filters can be extended to ensure maximum performance.
- Flat – It has a rectangular shape and a small thickness. Often this is a recycling device that can be installed anywhere remote from the ventilation mines. Flat hoods usually have the lowest cost, they are easy to install and the process of use will not cause difficulties from any family member. It has filters that are well captured by any air pollution and are actively struggling with them.
Such extracts can be installed parallel to the stove or on top above it.
- T-shaped – externally resembles the letter “T”, as the box has an elongated rectangular shape, and the base is flat. Is usually placed right above the stove.
- Boxed features ease of design – It can be a wide tube or a box that is placed above the stove. Most often, this type of equipment has island accommodation, that is, cuisine.
- Inclined – similar to externally on T-shaped, only the base is located at an angle. The convenience of such a design – in small dimensions and stylish design, which will complement the kitchen. The device is attached only on the wall and can be both recycling and flowing.
Since the kitchen extract is an important element in the cooking room, then you need to pay attention to its size. Modern devices may have a wide variety of dimensions. The smallest in width is only 35 cm, and the largest – 120 cm. Most often, the exhaust size corresponds to the hob of the gas stove, which usually has a width of 50 or 60 cm. Hoods with such dimensions are the most popular.
How to choose?
So that in the apartment there is always clean and fresh air, it is important to purchase a high-quality and powerful hood for the kitchen, which will cope with pollution in this room. To choose the right home appliance, you need to know what to pay attention to.
The first factor is about to remember is the type of installation that can be:
Depending on the free space, the presence or absence of mounted furniture, as well as the location of the slab it is worth choosing the type of device.
The next moment is the mode of operation:
- reducing air;
The first type is more productive and powerful, because in the kitchen with large dimensions and frequent cooking it is worth choosing such hoods. Minus in this case – only the noise that is created in the process of air purification.
The second option is suitable for those kitchens in which there is very little space and there is a need to embed an extract in furniture, which is undoubted convenience. Minus such devices are that it will be time to wash fat filters from time to time and replace coal.
If the cuisine conditions allow, it is worth choosing a combined hood, which will cope with air purification, and the hostess will have the ability to select one or another mode of use of the device.
It is important to pay attention to the drawing performance. To select the most powerful device, it is necessary to compare air purification indicators and the amount of outflow of contaminated air masses. If the extractor uses the ventilation of the house, you can select equipment with a small productivity of 200-250 cubic meters per hour. If it is possible to make an air vent leading right outside, it makes sense to buy a more powerful device with more than 350 cubic meters per hour. In a small room, polluted and harmful air accumulates much faster, so it is important to buy a hood with the highest productivity – at least 400 cubic meters per hour.
To properly select the exhaust, the type of control, which can be mechanical and electronic. The first option is simpler, because thanks to the use of buttons and switches, you can set the necessary tasks to the device. Electronic type more diverse, as it has many additional features and programs that are displayed on the display. The most advanced is the sensory control option as on smartphones.
Special attention deserves noise indicator that has a hood during operation. It is better to choose those devices that are of the smallest value, because they will work quieter. Volume will depend on the number of motors, their power and device designs. If the extract is powerful and has two motors, it will be more honest.
If for a long time not to clean the air vent and filters, it will also increase the noise from work. To minimize the volume, manufacturers hide the motor for specialized insulation materials or provide special recommendations for installing household appliances.
For those who are important not to overpay from the counter for electricity, you need to look at the energy considerations of that device that you want to purchase. Powerful equipment consumes a large amount of electricity, low-power exhaust (up to 150 W) will suit those who will use them extremely rarely and not long. The amount of motors that can be 1 or 2 in one instrument can be affected. One motor is suitable for infrequent use, the hood will publish a minimum of noise and consume a little electricity. Two motors faster right with air purification in a sufficiently large room, but it will be very noise and consume a lot of electricity.
For those who prepare irregularly and the number of dishes varies, it is important to be able to adjust the work of drawing under your needs. This can help the availability of device speeds. For one pan or pan, it is possible to set a minimum speed, and if 2-3 is used, and then 4 burners, then you need the maximum speed mode. The higher the speed will be, the louder will work the device and more consume electricity.
Modern draws are supplemented with lighting, which looks spectacular and can be used as an additional highlighting of the working area. There are several illumination options:
- incandescent lamps;
- halogen lamps;
- LED bulbs;
- Neon lamps.
Incandescent bulbs consume more electricity and serve not long, halogen lamps are used by the devices of the average price category, they are small and economical. LED light bulbs appeared recently, but differ in compact dimensions and excellent energy saving. Neon light bulbs have an orange tint and serve for a very long time – more than 10 years, which is their main advantage.
Hood filters have two types: coal and grease. To work efficiently, it is necessary to clean it in time, the presence of a contamination indicator will be a good helper in this matter.
Evaluating all the factors for which the extract is chosen, you can pick up the most optimal option that will suit you and for the price and quality of work.
To properly establish a hood in a private house or apartment, you need to know the rules and norms for which this procedure is held. The most important factor, which first of all needs to be considered, is the height of the fastening of the household appliance over the gas stove. According to the exhaust standards should not be lower than 80 cm from the cooking surface, otherwise the risk of damage to the outer shell of the device is great, and in the worst case of fire. According to GOST, there are such standards:
- The distance from direct exhaust to the stove is at least 75 cm;
- If the exhaust is inclined, its lower edge should be not lower than 55 cm from the surface of the plate;
- In the case of direct drawing, the air intake is placed at an altitude of at least 65 cm above the gas stove.
To hang out the exhaust equipment correctly, you can invite a professional or take up the work yourself. If a second option was chosen, then it will be necessary to carefully examine the manufacturer’s recommendations as exhaust and plates, and tips on the installation of such equipment.
New household appliances are installed only after measurements were made and the place of its future location was scheduled.
The device should hang exactly above the stove to quickly gain polluted air, therefore it is worth checking the correctness of the selection for the device and adjust it if necessary. The next step will be to work on access to ventilation. The layout of the mine should help in choosing the most convenient option to remove the air duct into it.
If the hood is embedded, then in the furniture should be provided for the place under it and the corresponding holes are done.
Once all the preparations have been finished, you can start the installation of equipment. It is worth working carefully, without raising an extract for decorative sites that can break. Depending on the type of device, it can be mounted on the ceiling, wall or inside the furniture, because the fasteners are installed where the device will be screwed. After mounting the main part you need to put pipes leading to ventilation. If the aircraft is displayed in general ventilation, then it is necessary to purchase corrugations to work or use the plastic duct, also use adapter, clamp, sealant and metallized tape.
When everything is collected and verified by the height standard from the stove, you can try to connect the device to the network and check its operation. Hood can work when you turn on the outlet or connection directly to the cable. You need to work when the electricity is turned off, in gloves, connecting the phase with the phase and zero with zero.
At the end of all installation work and the inclusion of drawing, you need to check if there is no current to the equipment case. If everything is in perfect order, the device is fully ready for use.
How to choose an exhaust to the kitchen, see the following video.