Little kitchen can do without a screen in the area of washing, plates and work area. It performs two important features. First – Protection of wall coverings from food pollution, water, steam, fire. For this, it is also called apron. Second function – decorative. In this case, the screen serves as decoration of the kitchen and the logical addition of kitchen furniture. Usually it is started to choose even at the repair planning stage or ordered with kitchen furniture. Good, now many varieties of such protection. However, it even more complicates the choice, so it is necessary to approach it, carefully studied all the information available.
The biggest difference between the varieties of screens is the material from which they are made. Each material has its own characteristics and capabilities that affect their appearance and other qualities. Be sure to take into account other characteristics: durability, method of installation, heat resistance, durability, practicality and t. NS.
The most common version of the screens for the kitchen today. MDF is the basis, tops most often applied plates from polyvinyl chloride – plastic or a thinner film in tabletop tone. From its advantages can be noted as follows:
- Practicality (in the presence of edges from the ends, the screen does not absorb water splashes, drops of fat and well wash);
- availability (compared to other options cost rather low);
- Ease of product itself, despite large dimensions;
- does not require the preparation of walls;
- Even if the repair is already made, the screen is simply installed, quickly and without dust;
- can be easily replaced with new even on their own;
- Huge selection of colors and textures (under wood, stone, textiles, metal).
Among the disadvantages allocate:
- low damage stability, short service life;
- the possibility of formation fungus or mold between the wall and the screen;
- Deformed in case of contact with a preheated object or open fire (such a screen is contraindicated in case the hob of the burner with the highest power is located behind or with it will contact with a wide dispersion of dishes).
Another coating option based on MDF – paper with photo printing and acrylic coating. Such a screen, at first glance, looks like a glass. Has the same pluses and cons, as well as plastic coating. Usually manufacturers have directories in which you can choose a suitable image.
Another species are polycarbonate or tempered glass screens. The tempered glass is several times higher than normal, as well as:
- This is thermal protective material, it does not change under the action of humidity;
- can be operated for a long time;
- It is easy to care for him, and when choosing a certain design of pollution almost invisible.
Its installation requires special skills. Such a screen does not withstand strong blows and can crack.
There are different types:
- transparent completely or translucent;
- Color (painted);
- with glitter, satin or mirror.
The drawing appears as a result of photo printing or by applying a film on the inside. The first option is more expensive, but can be any – from landscapes to portraits. In the second case, the possibility is modest, but it is more accessible.
The most familiar option for designing the workplace in the kitchen is a decoration of ceramic tiles (or a tile). This wall covering is not terrible food pollution, humidity, high temperatures. The tile will last for many years and with proper care (and it is easily laundered) will also look good, without losing your useful properties. The tile has a fairly large selection of both in size and in appearance. It can be shiny or matte, smooth or embossed, with drawings, patterns, imitation of natural materials, mosaic and other effects.
It should be understood that the seams between the tiles will disturb the holistic perception, plus they need additional cleaning. Main difficulties arise at the stage of preparation of walls and styling itself. Do it without experience difficult, as well as change tiles. Dismantling requires a lot of time, strength and big cleaning. Tile enough heavy, requires effort during transportation. May crack, if a point mechanical impact is rendered.
But the tile can be issued not only the space between the upper and lower sections of the kitchen, but also lay out her space under the hood or the whole wall is entirely that more practical.
Original stainless steel screens were used in catering establishments. Now they are increasingly used in the interior of home cooking. For this there are a lot of reasons:
- resistance to pollution and hygienicity;
- Stainless steel does not deteriorate due to humidity or heating;
- well combined with other materials;
- Maybe both simply polished and with various drawings – in the form of mosaic, plant, abstract and geometric patterns.
Tile and large wall panels are made of metal. For their cleaning, special means are needed, since abrasives can damage the surface.
The wall panel of stone is usually ordered as an addition to the same countertop. Natural stone Although it looks great, on the pocket only a narrow circle of persons. Therefore, its artificial analog is most often found. The choice of colors is quite wide – there are clean colors, as well as with splashes, divorces and even sequins. The wall panel looks particularly effectively with the inner LED backlight. From the advantages can be noted:
- the ability to cast the panel of the desired form or stick all the joints so that it looks like it;
- resistance to mechanical, chemical and thermal exposure;
- ease of restoration in case of damage (thanks to grinding);
- Strength, long service life.
Due to the high weight and large dimensions, specialist services will be required upon delivery, lift and installation.
You can find protective screens made entirely of plastic. They have a number of obvious advantages:
- they are moistureproof;
- Lightweight and very simply glued in the right place;
- have a large number of decor options – there are smooth models, with imitation of tiles, under a stone or tree, with different images;
- They are the cheapest of all listed (you can buy in most building supermarkets).
The data plastic panels are very thin and easily break. For their manufacture uses plastic, which can easily melt or change the color when heated. Such panels quickly burn out, and under the action of cleaning agents, poorly applied colored layer can be labeled.
Wooden screen on the working area is rarely installed. Unless in purely aesthetic purposes. In order for the tree to be more or less resistant to pollution and did not clarify, it is necessarily treated with oil. It needs special care and maintenance of the same level of humidity in the kitchen. In reality, it is almost impossible, if only the kitchen is used infrequently.
Natural beauty of the tree is indisputable, it is synonymous with respectability. His naturalness is highly valued – the tree does not have a negative impact on the body. It is possible to eliminate shallow defects, again by grinding. The cost of such a product will be very high, which is why all sorts of wood plates are used instead.
So that the kitchen looked truly stylish, the color accents should be properly placed in it and the proportions between all its parts are met. You can use universal reception – use neutral colors for furniture, floor, walls and ceiling, diluing all this with colored objects. One of them will be the screen. It must be mistaken with something else – for example, dishes, illumination, textile decor. So, even a combination of several bright colors will not look defiant.
Always remain relevant interiors weathered in white. It will not be boring if using the tile screen or relief canvas. If you plan to use the screen of contrasting color (black, red, purple), better if it is matte.
Considering the line of kitchens where the main is white, you can stay on the design in Scandinavian style. The screen in such a kitchen can be brown, coffee, blue – any of the line of calm natural shades.
Today, to protect the wall of the working kitchen area, it is fashionable to use a combination of several types of tiles – different in color, relief or drawing. So that such a combination was harmonious, it is important that they are similar to the stylistics. Do not forget that all interior items must be interconnected. In some models of screens that imitate the raw stone, marine cane, some species of wood, are combined by several shades at once. One or two of them can be used to design a kitchen headset.
- Note that on the glossy surface of saturated colors, all the drums and divorces will be more noticeable. In order to practicality, choose light colors and fine drawing without shine.
- The smaller tile in this case looks better. According to the rules of the calculation, it should go for the upper lockers and a countertop. If there are few seams, they must be arranged symmetrically.
- The screen can close not only space over the table top, but also continue it in the hood zone. And also make a wall entirely or even use on other walls.
- All cuts and holes on glass are made only in production. They will not be able to change. So after measurement do not carry out any work with the walls.
- Be sure to consider how the ends (cuts) look like, if they are visible.
- Do not save on mounting. Professionals should work with expensive and fragile materials – so the result will be truly beautiful.
- Some options for screens that go to a large canvase can be installed solely on smooth walls. First, cracks can remain. And secondly, materials that are not bent, with a large curvature of the walls it will be difficult to fix.
- When ordering, be sure to check the maximum settings for the screens. It is necessary to take into account the number of junctions between parts.
Installation of Kitchen Apron from Glass See in the video below.