“Khrushchev” call houses from panels or concrete blocks, built during the reign of Nikita Sergeevich Khrushcheva. These houses, as a rule, 5-storey, rooms in them are very small. The feature of the kitchen in such an apartment is a cabinet built under the windowsill, where products usually stored for the absence of a refrigerator, as he had a very thin wall from the side of the street – the width of everything in Polkirpich.
In our article, we will deal with how to repair the kitchen in the “Khrushchev” and the most efficient, beautiful and inexpensively use the existing space.
Where to begin?
And you need to start, actually, with the development of design project. “Khrushchevka” – a very specific apartment, and the planning there is appropriate. Kitchen – no more than 5-6 squares. As a rule, there is a gas cylinder. Therefore, the first stage of repair will be planning budget and project preparation, taking into account all the nuances.
Next, you need to understand the fact that you do repair on 5 squares or in a 3-storey cottage, The procedure for carrying out repair and finishing works will always be the same and should be:
- First, we finish the ceiling;
- then go to the walls;
- Finish floor finish.
Now read the order of work in the kitchen room.
- To begin with, we free the room from everything: furniture, curtains, household appliances.
- We dismantle the ceiling (if you have a suspension or stretch, t. E. There is something to dismantle), we free the walls from the coating. Last but we remove the floor covering.
- We endure all the garbage.
- Mount the new wiring, install the power outlets, switches.
- We derive wires for mounting lighting.
- Install plumbing.
- We repair the ceiling.
- Align and decorate the walls.
- At the end, lay the selected coating on the floor.
If you are a happy owner of new acquisite housing and conceived repairs, then you are already clearly brought to some interior style. It is based on this and select the materials that will be repaired in your kitchen.
“Khrushchev” have not only narrow small rooms – the ceiling there is also low: 2.5 meters. And very often even this height is reduced, as in “Khrushchev” on the floor very often found wooden flooring, which “steals” at least 10 centimeters. Therefore, seeing this, decide whether you want to leave it or you will clean.
Now, in order, “Let’s run” on the construction and finishing materials to be paid attention to.
That’s what you can do with the “roof” of your apartment:
- conciliate plasterboard;
- Mount the ceiling of plastic panels;
- Choose a more modern option: Installation of tension or rickened ceiling.
Consider the positive and negative sides of each of the proposed options.
- White ceiling – classic genre. This is cheap, there is no violation of air circulation due to the porosity of the removal, it is easy to perform work yourself. But he has and cons: in the kitchen room with its high level of humidity, it can be covered with spots of mold. Due to the presence of a gas stove, the ceiling crying is possible, and it will not be able to wash it, as water dissolves the lime. Well, finally, the exclusion is not a very resistant coating, over time, cracks appear on it, chips, are properly, so the whitewings will have to repeatedly repeat.
- Painted ceiling. Painting – an alternative to whitewash, it can also be easily done with your own hands. Of the advantages of this method, you can note the possibility of washing, as the coating from this will not suffer. But the minuses are more: after some time, the ceiling will be covered with cracks and the paint will begin to be peeling, and with high humidity in the premises, the ceiling can soon have to crumble at all. Also, when damaged part of the coating, it will be impossible to simply “smell” a spot, as in the case of an exclusive – you have to remove the old paint from all over the ceiling, align it, and only then can be painted again.
- Plasterboard. This material opens up opportunities for creativity, because you can make a figured, two-level suspended ceiling and decorate it with stucco or point lights. Pluses of drywall are as follows: you can hide ugly irregularities on the “native” ceiling, remove from the eye of a single wire, pipes; It is durable and resistant to environmental impacts, easy to assemble, it can be painted in any color, he is cheap. But if you suddenly flood the neighbors on top, the whole design will be in disrepair, and while strong fluctuations in the temperature on drywall can manifest the docking seams.
- Wallpaper. Of course, for the pasting of the ceiling, you can choose only those wallpapers that can be washed. Pay attention to Flizelin and Vinyl. They are cheap, you can perform all work on your own, when damaged by any site, it will be possible to restrict it with repairs. Cons: Vinyl, like Flizelin – Materials are dense and, of course, heavy. Glue them to the ceiling, yes so that they dry and do not dug, will be a difficult task. Further, deformation is possible due to steam and the appearance of buggers. And finally, if you flood – the ceiling coating will need to be changed completely.
- Plastic panels. Are considered one of the most practical options. It is easily explained by their advantages: they are inexpensive, do not spoil from water, with a damage of one segment it will be possible to limit it only to its replacement. Of the minuses are mentioned as follows: if you choose the economy class panels, know that they are non-environmental. And more: from UV rays, the coating can yellow.
- Rack ceiling. Not bad solution. It is assembled by such a design from the railway lamellae. Installation It is simple, design – beautiful. The only requirement for this ceiling is not to leave open docking seams in order to avoid condensate accumulation.
- Stretch ceiling. Dear modern option. Pluses a lot: here and the possibility of choosing any design, and perfectly smooth coating, and moisture resistance, and many more. Cons: High Price, Installation can only make a wizard, for its installation will need to “take away” at the premises of a bit of height.
When choosing finishing materials for walls, remember that the kitchen is special, with its microclimate: increased levels of humidity and permanent temperature drops. Therefore, be sure to consult a consultant in the store, make sure that the selected materials are suitable for the kitchen.
So, that’s what you have to make a choice.
- Wallpaper. There are paper, vinyl, phliselin, liquid, fiberglass and photographic. So as not to tire you by transferring advantages and disadvantages of each type, let’s just say that they are all suitable for the kitchen. But the best belongs of Fliselin can be considered: it can be washed, it is environmentally friendly, “breathes” and looks expensive and beautiful.
- Dye. Not so long ago the walls in the kitchen premises only painted – there were no other types of finishes. If you wish, you can paint and your kitchen: paint is resistant to water and walls can be washed. You can choose any color. The only drawback of such a finish is the complexity.
- Decorative plaster. Has the same pluses and cons that paint. True, wash the plastered walls is not recommended, but you can still wipe.
- Wall panels. Not the best option for “Khrushchevka”. Kitchen and just 5 or 6 kV. m, and panels also “take” her precious centimeters. Although, of course, this material is good for the walls: it is easy to wash, you can hide unsightly communications, a large selection of colors and textures.
- “Wild Stone”. Also not too good for small rooms. But if you decide to separate them part of the wall as a decorative insert – will be beautiful.
- Ceramic tile. Because of its high cost, it is often found only on Kitchen “Aprons”, rarely who separates it the whole kitchen. But in general, this is a wonderful material for the walls: not afraid of water and aggressive detergents, has a large selection of colors and textures, strong and durable.
Complete conversation about floor finishing materials.
- Linoleum. Easy to install it, it is easy to wash, coating homogeneous and even, there is a set of coloring. However, when choosing a linoleum, pay attention to its name: household, semi-commercial, commercial. Household – the thinnest, you can pierce it with a heel or scratch a fallen knife. Therefore, choose from two other options.
- Cork. Cork floor plates – “Soul Balsam” lovers of natural materials. By this floor, it is comfortable to walk barefoot: it is pleasant “in terms of”, warm. If you cover the cork floor with a special varnish, it will become moisture resistant.
- Wood. This material is very week, but it looks like “all one hundred”. Wooden floors hold warm, eco-friendly. But they do not like temperature fluctuations, deteriorate from high humidity. Lacked floors are more adapted for kitchen room.
- Laminate. Has pros and cons of the plug and wood, although inferior to them in terms of ecology. But the price of it is much democratic, and the color scheme is more extensive.
- Porcelain tiles, floor tiles. Similar to properties and appearance materials. However, porcelain is much stronger: if you drop anything on the floor, it will not split, unlike tiles. For kitchen floor it is best to choose matte varieties – they are less traumatic than glossy.
- “Liquid linoleum” (bulk floor). Is a polymer “screed” without seams. The coating is obtained very smooth, monolithic. Mechanical resistant. You can complement with decorative inserts and perform in any shade.
How to choose equipment and furniture?
The interior of any kitchen is based on two “whales” – this is the maximum functionality at a minimum of clutter. It is necessary to furnish the kitchen in the “Khrushchev” the most useful things, while maintaining the space for the maneuver.
- Dinner table. If possible, choose a folding model that can be removed during cooking. Or “extend” the windowsill and re-equip it under the tabletop. Edges Make rounded to not “cling” for them when walking.
- Chairs, stools. Take 2 pieces. Slide them under the table so that you do not interfere. A larger number of chairs will create a “clutter” effect.
- Furniture. The optimal solution will be the manufacture of cabinets, lockers, bedside tables, “penaltles” specifically under your layout. Because only so you can most effectively use the available space.
- Do not forget that in the kitchen “Khrushcheki” under the window there is a built-in wardrobe. You can store there cereals, salt, sugar, flour, canned, sunflower oil.
As for household appliances, dimensions are also very important. Fortunately, in the modern world there is a choice between “giants” and “babes” – Many firms produce smaller and power technique, just suitable for small-sized apartments.
- An excellent solution can be a double-circuit boiler surface. It can be installed on the worktop, while still the place to work with the products. If you are a lover from time to time to bake something, get the microwave or multicooker.
- Dishwashing machine. In the market of household kitchen appliances there are narrow species of these beneficial machines. You can install it under the sink – so it will perform its functions and will not interfere.
- Small refrigerator. There are 2 options: either the refrigerator will be high and narrow, or “in the style of 60s” – small but wide. And in that, in another case, it will fit into small cuisine.
- Hood. In small kitchen space is a luxury. However, you can choose a small model, and over it is hanging a locker in which it will be possible to store what is rarely used.
We develop a design project
We approached a very important part – developing a kitchen project in Khrushchevka. Let’s start with acquaintance with existing kitchen planning.
- Linear furniture location. Considered successful with narrow kitchen. With this placement, all elements of the headset, and the technique are built along one wall, and the dining table and chairs are set opposite.
- M-shaped location. If the room is in the form of a square, then such a layout will be optimal. The furniture is built in the form of the letter “g”, capturing the wall with the window and moving to the adjacent.
- P-shaped. Not the most successful for “Khrushchka”. Since all the walls will be involved, the impression will be created that the kitchen is “scored” furniture. And only a small “patch” in the center of the room will remain for maneuvers.
- Island furniture location (With the presence of “island” from the working surfaces in the middle) in the kitchen “Khrushchev” is impossible.
And now we will deal with the stylist.
For a small room
Small room area dictates its rules when choosing textures and colors. Do not forget that too dark tones and massive furniture will make such a tight, dark, uncomfortable.
For this option, one of several styles will suit.
- Provence. Cute bright interior in the spirit of French villages perfectly suitable for small cuisine. The headset is best to choose in beige tones. Household appliances Let it be pure white. Hang light curtains with a stuffed floral print on the window. As an ornament in the presence of open shelves, lay on them clay pots with spices. You can hang a picture with a rustic landscape, with a bouquet of flowers. In a narrow vase at the dinner table, place a bunch of non-bunches, lavender.
- Shebbi-Shik. It looks like Provence, but in it is prevailing white. In addition, SHESHBI will be more connected to stucco, curls; It is very relevant in it porcelain figures of angels, carved white frames for paintings
- Classic. Not exactly successful option in “Khrushchev”. The fact is that the headsets and dining areas in the classic style are usually dark and massive, and for kitchen-baby it is excluded.
- High tech. Ultramodern “Cold” Style. As a rule, it is performed in monochrome with rare colors accents. Oddly enough, but for small cuisine it will come. Just use less black, making the main focus on white, gray and metallic. And so high-tech with its clear lines and modern furniture and appliances – what is needed in a small place.
- Loft. This attic style is a great solution for the kitchen in Khrushchev. All those pipes, a gas cylinder, all unsightly communications that usually want to hide, in the style of Loft are “chips”. Color the balloon in red, apply the “flammable” sign or any other; Highlight the tap pipes, screw the large valves to them. Countertop – on the windowsill, the legs of the chairs are similar to the reinforcement, and the interior in the style of Loft is ready!
- Country. Rustic style, but more “rough” than Provence. Furniture Here is preferable from a dark oak massif. If your window goes to the south and always light in it – take this style to note. A couple of bright color spots, for example, curtains in a red cage, sunflowers on the “Apron” or a basket of apples in the picture, “revive” your interior.
- Minimalism. Mining furniture with the maximum functional – the motto of this style direction. Therefore, for “Khrushchka” he is ideal.
A budget option
If the money is not so much, but I want the kitchen to make a beautiful and stylish, You can take advantage of such Lifehas.
- Order Furniture from MDF. This material is much cheaper than solid wood, but it looks no worse. At the same time, it is more environmentally friendly than chipboard, and he will serve much longer.
- Place the room in those tones that are enjoyable to your breath: So you can not make repairs at least 5 years.
- Most practical materials (in price-quality ratio) for kitchen design: plasterboard – for ceiling, vinyl / fliesline – for walls, linoleum – for floors.
- Choosing a technique, Think from what the first time you can refuse. It will also save your initial budget.
The photo gallery presents several interior solutions for the kitchen in Khrushchev. When independent design, you can adopt these ideas.
On the repair of the kitchen of 5.5 meters in size, see the video below.