Each hostess wants to have not only stylish, but also a comfortable kitchen, so when you design this room, it should be paid to its layout. To date, square meters can be distributed in various ways, but its special popularity is used by the P-shaped kitchen version. It allows you to rationally use limited space and incarnate any designer idea into reality.
The P-shaped kitchen is a comfortable room, where all storage systems, furniture set and household appliances are placed Along three adjacent walls letter “P”. Often in such rooms one of the sides is made in the peninsula or bar counter. This type of planning provides an open passage zone and a solid working surface.
As a rule, it is chosen In the following cases:
- For studios and combined living rooms with kitchens;
- If the height of the windowsill is 90 or more centimeters (this allows you to conveniently equip the working area and install the sink);
- The kitchen has a rectangular or square shape;
- If you wish to make the kitchen not only the cooking premises, but also for meeting friends.
The main advantages of the P-shaped layout include a number of characteristics.
- Comfort. The kitchen triangle consisting of a refrigerator, washing and stove, conveniently located, and all appliances are in easy access for the hostess. This is greatly simplified cleaning and cooking, which goes less forces and time.
- Original zoning. In the presence of the Peninsula, the space is divided in such a way that the transition between the kitchen and the living room is obtained smooth. The working area is visually hiding by giving room a sensation of a large area. Each square meter is maximally activated, and more free space appears to move and storing kitchen accessories.
- Symmetry. Such projects always provide for the symmetry of the room, which is very important for creating a classic style design.
In addition to the set of advantages, the P-shaped layout with the window can cause some inconveniences.
- Bulky. The room is equipped with a large number of modules, without which it is not necessary that the space narrows visually. To avoid this, you need to use only suspended and multifunctional headset. At the same time in small kitchens, there is often no place to design a dining area, in which case it is necessary to strictly observe the balance. In spacious rooms, this problem can be solved by placing the island.
- Additional financial costs. Since the kitchen furniture of the P-shaped form can in places of docking to create hard-to-reach zones, it must be made under the order, giving preference to retractable shelves and carousels. And it costs more than get ready-made classic headsets.
The design of the kitchen “P” requires careful preparation, so the project is first created for which it is important to take into account the size, form of space, as well as placement of doors, windows and communications. If the kitchen is small, it is best to choose another type of layout, since the P-shaped option provides Availability of a huge number of lockers and free space. Not suitable for such design project and narrow room.
In the event that the room matches all parameters, the drawing is prepared, where it is indicated Kitchen appliances location scheme (washing and dishwasher, hob, hooding). It is necessary in order to correctly determine the depth of the bedside tables and worktops of the working surface. At this stage, it is also necessary to provide competent zoning, because to install the stoves, refrigerators and sinks are applied.
For example, the refrigerator can not be placed near the heating elements as the battery and stove.
During the planning, you should also decide on the number of cabinets, shelves and drawers, for convenient operation of the equipment, the availability of lighting sources is also taken into account. An important moment in the design of such a kitchen is considered Compliance with stylistics. Forms, texture and colors of all decor elements should be harmonized with each other, creating an atmosphere of home heat and coziness. Since the kitchen has a window, it is recommended to additionally use as a functional space by continuing the working area.
To rationally distribute each square meter of the room, the “kitchen triangle” rule should be observed, for this kitchen divideon the:
- The place of preparation of products for subsequent preparation, where they will undergo pre-processing (countertop, washing);
- cooking zone (oven, stove);
- Kitchenware Storage Place (Hitched, Outdoor Cabinets, Refrigerator).
Separate attention should be given to the dining area, which is usually placed on the project and should have a smooth transition to the living room. Enjoyable popularity in modern design Projects with island, where all the layout is carried out inside one room. In this case, it is necessary to provide a place for storing cutlery, dishes and waste. In addition, the layout of the P-shaped kitchen can be performed with the transition to the hallway.
Styles of decoration
The cuisine, decorated with the letter “P”, have no restrictions in the choice of style. Beautiful people look great In modern execution, for them is also perfect classic and Provence. The only thing that P-shaped bad fits in country, since the island zone does not harmonize with rustic motifs.
Only country spacious housing can be the exception of this, where the design is appropriate to complement bright elements and objects of rural motives.
Many housing owners prefer kitchens in a classic style, but a large room can also be beautifully issued in minimalist spirit, Filling the space by monolithic smooth cabinets built-in accessories with a glossy surface. This will allow visually to enlarge the room and fill it with a chic atmosphere. An excellent choice for P-shaped kitchens will be Modern, In which it is important to correctly use lighting, furniture, colors and shape of windows.
Modern style is distinguished by practicality and simplicity. The largest rooms can be issued in the Scandinavian style, since they are most of all suitable for the placement of a massive headset and unusual textiles.
Choice of furniture
The main time when adjusting the P-shaped kitchens is the right choice of furniture items. Kitchen set need to be purchased and convenient to operate. The distance between its edges should be at least 90 cm, best if it is 120 cm.
The upper bulky cabinets are recommended to replace on spacious pencils, small kitchens can also Proceed with open shelves. In the case when the form of the room is rectangular, it is recommended to be made under the order a huge wardrobe, which will be located along one of the walls and will be invisible, dissolving in space.
In many kitchens, the height of the window sill is small, because of this there is no possibility to install a P-shaped headset along the window. In such a layout under the window there are washing, pre-conducting the water supply system to a specified point. If the installation of communications is imperative, then Connect the headsets with a window sill with a bar counter, it is complemented by legs and put chairs. As for kitchen furniture, it can be both angular and radius.
For a small kitchen with a fridge, it is necessary to purchase a headset corresponding to the color of the ceiling, it will make the room above and wider.
For rooms Square form Well projects with an island, where you need to fill all the angles using furniture with drawn baskets, shelves and carousel types boxes. At the same time, the island zone should be placed at a distance of 1.2 m from the refrigerator, 1.8 m – from the stove and 1.3 m – from washing.
If the design is provided for the presence of a sofa, then it is desirable to choose transformers that easily turn into a bed and are equipped with a plurality of storage shelves for kitchen accessories. It applies to the dining table, best give preference to folded variants, They occupy little place in folded and quickly turn into a comfortable table with the arrival of guests.
Soviets of designers
Desk planning is considered one of the complex design tasks, especially if space space is limited. Recently, the P-shaped design of kitchens is greatly popular, but in order to properly distribute square meters and create a stylish interior, you need to have a certain experience. Novice designers experts recommend to take into account a number of nuances.
- Lighting. In the P-shaped layouts of the ceiling light, it does not always have enough for high-quality lighting of the room, so it should be complemented by LED backlight under the lockers, suspended structures with lamps, point lamps and sconces.
- Rational use Each square centimeter. To do this, you need to use all the angles of the room, place the hood in the center and acquire the built-in models of technology.
- Color decoration. Furniture facades need to be selected by the color of decorative wall decoration, it is best to give preference to calm and monophonic shades. This will allow visually to increase and expand the space.
Curtains can be both light and bright, with printed patterns in the form of large strips and cells. Beautifully looking on a white background blue, orange and lilac facades. In the event that the walls are pretty bright, then furniture items must be sustained in neutral colors: gray, beige and white.
- Compliance with ergonomics. Revinct the situation of such a kitchen will help a game with glossy and matte surfaces. Allowed to use various textures.
- Combination of finishing material. Interesting effect is created using a combination of dark wood, metal and glass. With the help of various material, it is advantageous to highlight the areas indoors. For example, a working area to arrange a tile, and the dining room – to decorate with natural wood.
- Use of bright accents. Modern design of P-shaped kitchens provides for the use of contrast and unusual decor. Therefore, you should not be afraid of the combination of white with black, cream with raspberry.
At the same time, it is not necessary to equip the kitchen with snow-white household appliances, now in the mode of microwaves, dishwashers and refrigerators with metal glitter. Fans of an unusual and bright design can be more and specially decorated with a kitchen apron and countertops using saturated shades.
To date, there are many ideas for the design of the design of P-shaped kitchens, they should be chosen, given not only personal preferences, the interior, but also the features of the room. Many owners of small kitchens are used when creating projects with bar counter.
This design can be placed anywhere:
- near one of the walls (suitable in the case when space is limited to design a dining area);
- In the center of the room (it turns out the island with a small protrusion, which additionally expands the space);
- Mobile design (it can be raised, omit and put forward at will).
Kitchens with bar counter not only look stylish, but also considered Multifunctional. This design is suitable for both large and small rooms. To give the interior more comfort, you should use neutral and bright shades.
The working area and the rack is recommended to complement LED backlight. Decorative plaster is suitable for decorative walls, the apron can be fed up both a mosaic tile and glass panels with a photoprote. As an outdoor coating, it is best to choose a laminate for milk and beige shade.
Often, P-shaped kitchens are combined with the living room, since such a layout is the most convenient, saving space and create an interesting interior. In this case, the kitchen is used and equipped for cooking only, the living room serves as a dining room.
To both rooms fit one design, it is important to do smooth transition to decoration, Observing the overall style. In such design, the same colors and decor elements must be present. Gorgeous looks like a white kitchen, in which the dining area smoothly acquires Dairy and light beige shades.
Since all the kitchens have a window, its design can also be used to expand space.
Usually under it there is a sink, if the height of the windowsill is small, then it is best to place a sofa or a dining table and chairs. In addition, under the windowsill often draw up products for storage. Depending on the selected layout option, they select the corresponding length of the curtains, their texture and color must be harmoniously combined with wall decoration and furniture objects.
Possible tool in such a room will help open shelves on which it is possible to place indoor flowers and bright decor elements in the form of Statuette, painted dishes and photos.
Overview of P-shaped kitchen with bar counter View in the video below.