The arrangement of furniture and appliances in the kitchen is not only a matter of personal preferences. So, sometimes the regulations require certain types of equipment to be at a distance from each other. Therefore, it is worth considering that it should be considered by placing a dishwasher and an oven, and how to fulfill the recommendations of manufacturers and the features of the connection to the mains.
It is believed that putting a dishwasher near the oven is potentially dangerous for both devices. Water falling on the cooking surface will damage the technique. And the heat from the slab will negatively affect the electrics and rubber seals of the dishwasher. Therefore, the installation should follow the rules provided for by manufacturers. They suggest:
- Installation of a dishwasher and oven with a minimum technical gap of 40 cm (some manufacturers reduce the distance to 15 cm);
- Refusal to install in principle;
- Placing the dishwasher below the oven with a cooking surface with vertical location;
- Exception of the extreme box headset for built-in dishwasher;
- ban on the placement of PMM under the sink or close to it;
- Placement of the hob strictly over the dishwasher, regardless of the presence of heat-insulating substrate.
These rules are easy to observe in a spacious kitchen. But the situation is not so unequivocal in limited space. However, even here should calculate the planning based on the technological gap. This will increase the service life of the instruments, and the masters will not be able to refuse warranty repair. To do this, you can use the following recommendations:
- give preference to products of reliable manufacturers equipped with high-quality thermal insulation and tangential cooling system, which will protect the furniture and equipment located nearby;
- Leave between devices at least a small gap;
- If the distance is too small, it can be filled with foil polyethylene, which will reduce the risk of external heating of the dishwasher.
If the instruments are located close to each other, experts recommend avoiding their simultaneous use, even if they are not connected to one outlet
In a limited space, the owner can resort to several options.
- Purchase instruments separately. It should take care to share them a tabletop or wardrobe penalty. You can solve the problem with a minimum gap by selecting devices of more modest sizes.
- Post a dishwasher with a brass cabinet in a vertically. This option helps to save space, while retaining the desired distance. At the same time, the PMM must be placed under the oven. Otherwise, the breakthrough of the water will lead to the bay of the cooking surface, and the rising steam will jeopardize the dishwasher.
- Install embedded devices horizontally. For this, penalties are taken with several sections designed for one technical unit.
Considering that in conditions of small-sized cuisine, it is difficult to follow specifications, manufacturers offered a new alternative. Now on sale entered combined devices. Models two in one include the oven with a dishwasher. Although both branches are characterized by modest sizes, they are sufficient for the preparation of popular dishes, as well as dishwashes after solitary food intake in a small family. In option 3 in 1, the kit is supplemented with a cooking panel, which increases the functionality of the device. It is convenient to position close to the tabletop for cutting products.
The installation of an induction plate becomes the most technological solution, the surface of which heats up only if there is a certain type of dishes on it. Planning the installation of the PMM, it is important to consider its location relative to other devices. So, the erroneous decision is considered to install the dishwasher next to the washing machine. Simplified connection to water supply and sewage is seen by the advantage. But the vibration and rocking, which is accompanied by the work of the washer, will destroy the PMM from the inside.
In addition, the neighborhood of dishwashers with microwave and other household appliances is undesirable. Exception is a close location to the refrigerator.
Connecting to the network
The installation of the dishwasher is conditionally divided into 3 stages. If we are talking about embedded technique, it will be necessary to securely secure the device in the prepared niche. Next, connect the device to the electrical network, water supply and sewage. Compared to the cooking panel, electricity consumption in the dishwasher is an order of magnitude lower (2-2.5 kW compared with 7 kW). Therefore, the connection to the network is not considered a challenge.
For installation of additional electrolyinium, a three-in-room copper cable will be required, a socket with a grounding pin, an RCD or differential machine. Although the dishwasher is recommended to carry out a separate line, in the absence of possibilities, you can use existing sockets protected by the RCD.
If the devices are planned to connect to one outlet, only their alternate use will be possible even when complying with the minimum distance.
As for connecting to water supply and sewage, the user has 2 options.
- If the whole technique is installed at the stage of settlement or overhaul, it makes sense to pave individual pipes.
- If the connection is required in the apartment with finished repairs, you need to find an option to connect to communications with minimal alterations. So, the system can be connected to the mixer and siphon of the sink. It is not recommended to connect a dishwasher directly to the sewer tube. Otherwise, the owner will have to face unpleasant odors when the device is working.
Among the errors occurring when connecting the PMM to the network, it is worth noting the most significant.
- Connecting a system to a conventional 220 V. This will threaten the life and health of the inhabitants of the apartment. Safety should use automatic + Uzo or DiffAvtomat.
- Setting the sink socket. This place seems attractive due to the lack of need to pull the cord. However, any leakage can end short circuit.