Kirby vacuum cleaner is well familiar to the Russian consumer due to the features of its sales. The technique is implemented exclusively through a network of distributors, in free sale does not come. As a result of the intrusiveness of the sellers and the high cost of aggregates, people have formed a steady negative attitude towards these devices, because of which no one looks at the undoubted advantages of vacuum cleaners and their high assessment. However, this situation is in the root of erroneous, and for the sake of justice should look at the Kirby aggregates at a different angle.
A little about brand
In 1914, the American Inventor Engineer from Ohio Jim Kirby constructed the first vacuum cleaner than put the beginning of the creation of the eponymous company, successfully prosperous and to this day. For more than a century of history, more than 200 species of various techniques have left the enterprise conveyor, from which the most popular device was a vacuum cleaner. In total, the company was released about 40 models, which is explained by its unusual approach to the assortment, when one new modification is produced in 2-3-3 years. In the production process, it will often be improved and upgraded, but its name remains unchanged. When running each new model, the previous one is removed from production, and it becomes only possible to purchase it. To date, the company is engaged in the release of the model called “Kirby Avalir 2” and has offices in more than 70 countries of the world.
Nuances selling machinery
As mentioned above, the implementation of vacuum cleaners is made with the help of distributors who go through apartments and demonstrate the possibilities of miracle technicians to Russian consumers. With this method, sales do not cost any inclines, which are due to the unscrupiance of some sellers. So, there are cases when the distributor has highly overestimated the value of the unit, and the gullible hosts gave almost one and a half times more money than the device actually cost. Another point about which should be aware of is the imposition of a loan, which seemed to be quite logical, since the most budget new model could not cost less than 100,000 rubles. but When concluding a loan agreement, it is necessary to carefully examine all documents and relate their capabilities with the ultimate cost of equipment, which, taking into account interest, can be much higher than the initial value of the device.
It should also be borne in mind that sales of such expensive techniques are engaged, as a rule, experienced managers who often overestimate the capabilities of the unit and do not give the owners to refer to the situation. In general terms, the sales scheme is as follows: on the street or by phone the potential client is given the question of how he belongs to his health, and then a story about the wonderful technique, which he kindly demonstrate at a convenient time, and absolutely free. The purpose of this presentation is the address of a person through which the young man is in an expensive costume, indicating the solidity of the company. It takes out a presentable and serious assembly from the box and asks the client to spend the Palace plot with his own vacuum cleaner.
After that, he solemnly puts on a kirby brush a snow-white filter and spends several times on the same site. As a result, dirty divorces appear on the white filter, due to the ability of Kirby to beat the dust with air, because of what even a minor number looks awesome. Next, the most active stage of imposing goods begins, accompanied by a story about the dangers of dust and its connection with various diseases, ranging from asthma and ending with lung cancer.
Next, the white filter changes to the black and similar manipulation is carried out on bed, after which white traces appear on it, which the manager calls the most dangerous saproofite ticks and squeezes of dead skin. It lasts this action can from 2 to 4 hours, after which the client already thinks little and is ready to sign any contract, deprived of all perennial accumulations. As a result, people break up with the last money, making the purchase that never planned.
In the risk group of aggressive “processing” there are elderly, pregnant women and people with a moving psyche, in a word, the category of the population, which most of the time spends at home and is a lot of accompanying for unfair sellers.
In order to avoid such situations, it is recommended to make such purchases only in the presence of other family members, requesting the Distributor’s organization documents for the right to distribute the company’s products and remember that even a number of demonstration of the vacuum cleaner in the apartment does not oblige to purchase this device.
Kirby vacuum cleaner is a vertical unit operating from the electrical network. Below are the main technical parameters of the device for which you can make an impression on the functionality and operational capabilities of this technique.
- Power Electric motor is not a constant and can vary depending on the selected mode. So, when switching to low-speed mode, power consumption will be 0.64 kW, while on maximum speed it can reach 0.78 kW.
- Power suction directly depends on the power of the electric motor and on small circulation is 660 mm Hg. Art., And on the big – 939.
- The volume of the dust collector is also an important technical indicator and affects the convenience of using the device. Kirby aggregates are equipped with a sufficiently volumetric bag designed for 7.5 kg. This allows cleaning of large areas, without interrupting its devastation.
- Width of the nozzle The vacuum cleaner is 38 cm, which makes it possible to quickly and efficiently clean the spacious premises, capturing as much as possible surface as possible.
- Height of the aggregate in the unfolded form is 124 cm, in folded – 110. Depth, respectively, 42 and 14 cm, width – 39 cm. The weight of the vacuum cleaner is 10.5 kg.
- Noise level is a very controversial characteristic and for some reason is not indicated by the manufacturer. However, there is reason to believe that due to the presence of an aluminum corps, the coefficient of transmission of vibration and sound in such models is quite large. These fears indirectly confirmed the independent examination of Rospotrebnadzor, determined that the noise level of Kirby is one and a half times higher than the maximum allowable values. But for fairness it is worth noting that there were no official tests on this account, so we will leave this question on the conscience of the manufacturer.
Kirby vacuum cleaner consists of cast aluminum hull, electric motor, turbines, filters, control handles and dustbag. Due to metallic performance, the body of the device is a little heavy, so for ease of use, the design is equipped with small wheels. The handle has a convenient ergonomic shape and equipped with control buttons and mode switches. On the front panel of the unit there is a LED backlight, which allows to operate the device with insufficient lighting.
The drive pulley of the aggregates is made using galvanoplastic technology and especially accurate machining, and high-speed electric motor bearings are made of modern particularly durable alloys and reliably protected from dust penetration. In combination with a solid high-elastic corrugation, these nodes provide a vacuum cleaner for a long service life, which, according to manufacturers, is over 30 years. The warranty period during which the cost of repair and maintenance of the device takes on the company, is limited to three years.
Kirby vacuum cleaners are equipped with a large number of accessories, such as brushes and various kinds of nozzles, an important point of the description of which is the material of manufacture. The fact is that the manufacturer positions them as “eternal” and in confirmation is making a certificate, according to which materials obtained as a result of space technologies are used for their production. Moreover, natural horse hair is used for the manufacture of a pile of brush, which significantly improves the quality of cleaning and allows you to effectively assemble fine dust. Below are addressed additional adaptations included in the basic package of vacuum cleaner.
- Bag for collecting dust with filter installed inside.
- Turbo wool for dry carpet cleaning. This nozzle when rotating is able to raise the Palace Vile and pull dust from. The height of the bristles is adjustable depending on the pile of carpet and allows you to clean up both loud models and fluffy palaces with thick and deep pile.
- Nozzle for wet cleaning of carpet coatings is designed to process models of any porcelain using shampoo.
- Nozzle for fason and grinding parquet.
- Equipped with screw roller, designed to apply masses on a wooden, cork or vinyl floor.
- Brushes for processing door handles, walls and ceiling.
- Set of nozzles for cleaning upholstered furniture and other fabric coatings, such as car salon or clothing.
- Massage nozzle.
- Slotal nozzles for cleaning dust from heating radiators and other hard-to-reach places.
- Ball inflation fixture.
- Nozzle to remove sewage blockages.
- A spray gun designed for spraying non-combustible liquids.
- Set of hoses and telescopic tubes.
- Stand-stand for storing accessories.
Due to such a variety of additional accessories, Kirby vacuum cleaners are able to perform the entire range of work on home cleaning and is able to replace several household appliances at once.
Sphere using Kirby vacuum cleaner rather wide. With it, you can not only clean the sofa or spend the carpet, but also clean the air of the apartment from an unpleasant smell. To do this, it is enough to place the flavoring tablet in the garbage collector, and turn on the unit: the intake air will pass through the HEPA filter and will leave in it microparticles with a diameter to 0.01 microns. This allows the unit to easily cope with tobacco smoke and other odors. Moreover, the filter effectively holds pollen of plants, dust ticks and particles of dead skin and animals, due to which it can be used in homes where there are small children and allergies.
Thanks to special kirby nozzles, cleaning depth can reach 50 cm, which allows processing of upholstered furniture, mattresses and car salons. The instrument is also used to clean clothes, tiles, plinths and refrigerators, and a special turbistine is capable of polishing mirrors and automotive bodies. The massage nozzle will help get rid of cellulite and remove the ecass, and the function of the pneumatic pump is punishing the wheel of the machine and inflates the swimming mattress. In addition, Kirby can be used as a washing vacuum cleaner, effectively removing the contaminated and soft surfaces.
Pros and cons
Like any household appliance, Kirby vacuum cleaner has both strengths and weaknesses. The benefits of aggregates include the following factors:
- High suction force allows removal of dust from pillows and upholstered furniture, as well as from under carpets, without raising them at the same time;
- Due to the multi-stage filtering, the air returned to 99.5% is purified from dust particles, which makes it possible to include the instrument to a category of sufficiently effective vacuum cleaners;
- Due to the vertical orientation of the body, the unit does not take up much space during storage and convenient during transportation;
- For the manufacture of the device, only high-quality materials, certified nodes, durable corrugations and patented innovative technologies are used, which makes the device very reliable and durable;
- Thanks to the well-thought-out design, use the aggregate to be even elderly people and adolescents;
- The program of indefinite modernization allows you to whole free technically update your vacuum cleaner in the service center.
The disadvantages include high weight, high noise, uncomfortable adjustment of the height of the brush and the absence of a device, cable. However, the most important minus is considered to be too high the cost of the device, which makes it inaccessible to most Russian families. Although fairness it is worth noting that in the US its price does not exceed $ 500, and in Germany – 400 euros. This gives reason to believe that the cost of 100 thousand rubles and above is nothing but the exceptional greed of selling companies
Judging by the reviews, three models claim to the role of the most efficient and functional devices.
- Vacuum cleaner “Kirby Avalir 2” Equipped with an engine with a capacity of 0.76 kW, it works from the power supply voltage 220 V and is designed for dry and wet cleaning of all types of surfaces. The model was launched in production in 2017 and equipped with an improved Micron Magic HEPA filter, thanks to which the air passes 7-speed cleaning. In addition, the device is distinguished by low power consumption and stylish design, and the motor has an enlarged motor excess 1000 hours. The disadvantage considers the high cost, which begins from 100,000 rubles.
- Model “Kirby Avalir” is an earlier modification and was produced from 2014 to 2016. The device is equipped with a 0.64 kW engine, powered by 220 V voltage and equipped with HEPA filter. A distinctive feature of the unit is a large number of workshops and the availability of special boxing for storing them. This model is considered to be quite budget and stands just above 60,000 rubles. The disadvantages include difficulties with cleaning large soft toys and heavy carpets, which are not enough for the dust of the device. In addition, the cost of replaceable branded filters is unreasonably high – for a set of five pieces will have to give 2 500 rubles.
- Unit “KIRBY SENTRIA 2” Produced from 2012 to 2014 and today is the most popular example of the Kirby family. The model is considered to be quite obsolete, which is why the used device can be purchased for 50 thousand rubles. Engine power is 0.7 kW, meals – 220V, filtration system – HEPA. The device is equipped with a large number of various nozzles, has a beautiful aluminum body and is distinguished by high suction force. Among the disadvantages, the units of the unit, a lot of weight and some complexity of the design, which will not allow, for example, to the girl independently disassemble and assemble the device for replacing the filter. In addition, with a dense pressing of the nozzle to the carpet or Palace, the engine begins to work on elevated circulation and quickly overheats.
Instructions for use
Like any other vacuum cleaner, Kirby needs careful exploitation and compliance with some rules of use.
- Before turning on the instrument, you should inspect the cable and fork for damage and when they are detected to contact the service center.
- To allow the contact of the wire with heating devices, and also to drive on it with a vacuum cleaner and heavily overtake the cable is prohibited.
- It is impossible to trust the device to small children, and also leave it in the ongoing state in the absence of adults.
- Cleaning glass and other piercing – cutting elements is prohibited. Otherwise, the integrity of the dust collector can be violated and will be replaced.
- During wet cleaning, it is impossible to allow foam and liquid to enter the vacuum cleaner. If it all happened, you need to turn off the device from electricity and rub with a dry cloth. Include the wire into the outlet follows only dry hands.
In general, buyers highly appreciate the working qualities of Kirby vacuum cleaners, noting the high quality of cleaning and multifunctionality of devices. Attention is drawn to the durability of instruments, which allows them to use them for daily cleaning over the years. In addition, many consumers point to a fairly effective elimination of unpleasant odors and on the ability of vacuum cleaners well to clean the wool of pets. Also drawn attention to the solid appearance of the unit, long wire (10 m) and a convenient holder for nozzles.
As for the minuses, each model has their own: so, for example, owners “SENTRIA G10E” Unhappy with the noise of the device and the smell of burning rubber arising at the slightest overload of the engine, while the owners “Avalir 2” Mark expensive maintenance and painful sensations when using massage nozzles. Buyers of the SENTRIA model complain about the hardness of the device, due to which cleaning turns into a sufficiently heavy work, and low availability of spare parts. However, the total minus, which was indicated by most Kirby owners, is the uselessness of 70% of the nozzles and the inappropriateness of the content of such an aggregate for most urban apartments.
How correctly use Kirby vacuum cleaner, look in the following video.