Extracts with a tap in ventilation are widely used in the arrangement of kitchen workers areas and enjoyed in high demand. Devices allow you to fully update the air volume and prevent falling on the walls and ceiling of fatty droplets, moisture and gas combustion products.
In contrast to the loudspeakers of the closed cycle operating according to the scheme: the fence of a polluted air is a run through the filter system – the output of the purified mass into the room, the devices with a tap in the ventilation will be outwarded. Such technology allows you to quickly clean the space from the smells of preparing food and does not require regular replacement of filters. For large cuisines there are overall models equipped with two engines and suitable for use in catering establishments.
Structurally drawn with a tap into ventilation consist of a housing, control panel, coarse filter – fat trap, and an air duct driving in the ventilation channel.
Case models can be made of several materials.
- The fiscal option is metal devices painted by thermo- and moisture-resistant enamels. Such models require gentle care and neat operation. The advantages of such buildings include an attractive appearance, and a minus is a tendency to the appearance of scratches in mechanical exposure, and enamel clouds with time.
- Holding from tempered glass is distinguished by moderate cost and stylish appearance. The disadvantage of such products is their demanding to regular and painstaking care requiring some skills and time. The fact is that on the surface of the glass, especially painted in dark colors or toned, very clearly visible traces of fingers, water drops and divorces. Therefore, washing such a case requires the use of special fluid for brakes, patience and skill.
- The most spectacular and expensive are chrome stainless steel models. The devices differ in the ease of structures and shapes. Products do not require painstaking care and retain the initial appearance throughout the life.
All hoods are equipped with control panels that can be button or touch. Mechanical panels are more understandable and familiar to people of old age. Buttons on such models are located on the front side, due to which it is not difficult to install the desired mode. Sensory panels are modern and comfortable. They are equipped with temperature and humidity sensors, the change of which automatically changes the device mode. Programming the exhaust with the help of the sensory control occurs once – when it is installed. Next, the device works offline and constant adjustment does not require.
Air ducts installed on hoods are represented by corrugated pipes and plastic channels. The first has a round shape of the section, differ in simple installation and good flexibility. Installation is made using clamps coming with the device. Plus, the corrugations are the ability to give a pipe of any bend radius, and the minuses include noisy work and the likelihood of fat sedimentation on the internal folds of the pipes. Plastic ducts can have both round and square cross-section, produced mainly white and fit perfectly into the interior. The advantages include an absolutely smooth inner surface, which contributes to the passage of air with greater speed, and low noise level. The minus is the absence of flexibility and the need to use connecting fittings, such as knees and adapters, when installing.
Two types of filters are installed on the exhaust. The outer metal filter does not require replacement and precipitates on its surface to 95% fat and dirt. Removal of pollution is performed by washing the lattice by any detergent, splitting fat. The second type of filters is represented by replaceable synthetic catchers, which are thrown out after severe pollution and replaced with new.
Advantages and disadvantages
High consumer demand for models with tap in ventilation due to a number of indisputable advantages of these devices.
- Thanks to the heat of contaminated air masses into the street, the degree of cleansing of the room is almost 100%. This is almost 30% higher than the efficiency of the closed cycle units operating on the principle of filtering.
- The absence in the design of the system of filters excludes the need for their regular replacement. This greatly facilitates the maintenance of the device and saves money significantly.
- Aesthetic appearance and neat forms of the unit allow you to install it in any kitchen style, without fear of closing the space and spoil the interior.
- High drawing performance is due to the presence of a coarse filter with minimal resistance. This allows a pair and smoke to leave the room freely, without lingering in the preliminary zone.
The minus the devices include the complexity of the installation, which is related to the need for equipment of the air duct, and the availability of noise in the process of operation of the unit. In addition, for correct and efficient operation, the device requires a sufficiently good thrust, in the absence of which the need for powerful fans occurs. In addition, in homes that are not equipped with ventilation channels, it is necessary to hammer the wall and independently form a hole for the air duct.
In the modern market of ventilation systems, the exhaust to ventilation is presented in a wide variety. Models differ from each other by installation and power method.
By the installation method distinguish five versions.
- Hinged Units are usually represented by standard and flat models. Instruments are fixed under the shelf or mounted cabinet hanging above the cooking surface. Are installed in small in size kitchens, and differ in compact sizes and modern design.
- Wall mounted Models are characterized by a wide range with a large selection of colors and design. They are hanging on the wall of the wall, located above the electric or gas stove.
- Island The devices are designed for spacious premises and are installed by hanging on the ceiling above the cooking surface. They are used in cases where the cooking panel is installed in the middle of the room and does not have an adjunct to the wall. Fixing the device to the ceiling is carried out using a steel cable.
- Corner The models are designed for kitchens in which the plates are located in the corner, and the use of other types of hoods is inappropriate. The devices are distinguished by stylish design and look very interesting.
- Embedded Hoods are used in the event that the size of the room suggests them in the case of cabinets or decorative boxes. Such models are selected individually and strictly in size of cabinet furniture. Due to its integration in kitchen headsets, are a very common view.
- Camine Models belong to wall instruments, but for their unusual design and similarity with real fireplaces were allocated to a separate group.
- Dome Household exhausts are also popular among consumers. They may have an angular or wall-mounted version, and are capable of almost instantly removing contaminated air masses through a ventilation shaft to the street. However, due to their small power, only for household needs are used. In the premises of public catering, this kind of hoods is inffective.
According to its design, the hoods may have a solid or telescopic case. The first are traditional models, with constant dimensions and completed design. Telescopic devices are equipped with a retractable panel capable of increased the exhaust work area 2 times. This type of aggregates is an effective solution for small areas, and allows you to install a full exhaust equipment without loss of part of the space or zooming it.
In terms of power, aggregates are divided into household single-engine and powerful two-door models. The first are installed in kitchens of apartments and houses, and the second are used in cafes, restaurants, pizzerias and other catering facilities.
In addition to the main mode of removal of contaminated air, drawing with a tap into ventilation are equipped with a number of additional options. For example, in many models there is an illumination of the working area. The brightness and direction of the beam are regulated independently, which is very convenient when placing an exhaust in apartments studios: the lighting function allows you to make cooking without inclusion of big light. The most technological models are equipped with motion sensors reacting to human approximation and automatically turn on the light.
In more expensive hoods, halogen lamps are installed as a source of lighting, While cheaper models are equipped with incandescent lamps. Light from halogen lamps can be scattered or focused at one point at the request of the consumer. Incandescent lamps work in stable mode and are capable only slightly change the brightness. In addition to the lighting option, some models are equipped with a timer that allows you to monitor cooking time and simplifying this process.
One of the most important performance performance indicators is its performance, denoting how much air is able to miss the device in one hour. The calculation of this parameter is individual for each kitchen and can be defined independently. To do this, the room should be multiplied by 10. The obtained value and will denote the productivity of the device necessary for this area.
Some sources are recommended to multiply this number on the coefficient 1.3, and, based on the value obtained, acquire the unit. The coefficient laid the maximum air pollution and the length of the air duct, so the capacity calculated by this method is 15% higher than the initial computing obtained as a result. The need for this stock is due to the fact that the device often works at the limit of opportunities, which is why it is quickly wearing and publishes a strong noise.
The second criterion when choosing a model is to determine the desired size. In this case, it is necessary to be guided by the area of the hob, which must completely overlap the area of the hood area. For small-sized kitchens, it is better to choose a telescopic version: in folded form it takes very little space, and if necessary, it will be able to fully update the air indoors.
No less important criterion for choosing an exhaust is the noise level that performs the device working on the full power. The optimal for a person is considered to be the indicator of 35-40 dB. For comparison: the conversation of two people at a distance of 4-5 meters corresponds to this value. As you approach the speaker, the noise level will increase, and when it is two meters away from them, the noise will reach the indicator of 60 dB. The same noise produces an extract of medium and low power, working on the maximum number of revolutions.
More serious industrial devices produce 70 dB noise. Therefore, in the case of the adjacent location of the kitchen and bedrooms, as well as in the studio apartments, where the spatial distinction is completely absent, it is recommended to purchase devices, with noise level not exceeding 45-50 dB. In the new planners, where the kitchen is located at a significant distance from residential rooms or separated from them a corridor or bathroom, allowed to purchase devices with a maximum noise level of 60 dB.
Hoods in which this indicator is 70 dB, it is not recommended to use in residential premises. When buying a design, you need to ask the seller to turn on the device and test it work in different modes. If the noise from the unit’s work will cause irritation either, extraneous tapping will be heard, it is not worth buying such a product.
Install and connect an exhaust to the ventilation channel yourself. To do this, only follow the rules to which experienced professionals are recommended to pay special attention.
- The instrument hull hanging should be made in strict accordance with the horizontal position. If there is a construction level in the house, then people who do not have experience in installing hoods, you need to take advantage. From the correct location of the unit will depend on the correct operation of the fans and the force of thrust.
- It is important to strictly observe the manufacturer recommended by the manufacturer’s distance between the hitch and the cooking panel. When installing the device over the electrical stove, this distance should be 65 cm. Over gas hoods of hoods are installed on a height of 75 cm.
- It is necessary to observe the maximum allowable bending of the air pipe, which cannot exceed 90 degrees. Otherwise, gas combustion products and fat droplets will settle on the inner walls of the pipe, and over time will lead to a decrease in its aerodynamic properties and deterioration of thrust.
- With the length of the air duct that exceeds three meters, an additional fan is required.
- When connecting the air duct with the ventilation shakhty, it is necessary to use the pipes of the same cross section. If you connect a wide tube with a narrow, the level of aerodynamic noise will significantly increase and the exhaust will become unbearably.
- You can not neglect the installation of the check valve, which prevents the appearance of the reverse thrust in the wind or in case the temperature on the street is above the room inside the room.
- When installing the air duct it should be remembered that the installation of more than three knees significantly reduces the efficiency of the removal of polluted air. The diameter of the pipe should be selected individually, taking into account the cross section of the exhaust exhaust. But in any case, it should not be less than 12 cm.
- When installing hoods in homes with gas stoves, you need to consider such a phenomenon as “tipping thrust”, which arises due to inconsistency of the bandwidth of total ventilation with an exhaust power. For example, the bandwidth of the ventilation channel corresponds to 110-140 m3 / h, despite the fact that the productivity of the device is 180 cubic meters per hour. In this case, a special hole in the wall should be made for the air duct, otherwise, when it is connected to a common network, carbon monoxide is possible to the room and poisoning of living.
- The outlet in which the device will connect is highly recommended to ground. This is due to the contact of the electrical appliance with water vapors and drops of fat, which in the event of a malfunction of the electrical equipment of the exhaust can lead to a short circuit.
- When connecting the air duct to a dormitory ventilation channel, set the grille. It will contribute to the preservation of the ventilator, and will not allow the pipe of the air duct to overlap.
If you listen to these simple recommendations, the installation of an exhaust with a discharge to ventilation will be successfully and does not cause difficulties even with no such experience of people.
In order for the exhaust to light up as long as possible, and its work was most effective, it is recommended to carry out timely care and comply with the rules for using the device. Before proceeding with the washing of drawing, you should turn it off from the electrical network. When cleaning the case from deposits of dust and fat, it is impossible to use abrasive detergents and compositions containing acids. It is better to purchase dishwashing liquid and a stainless steel care agent. The first dissolve fatty pollution, and the second give the product the original shine and purity.
The drawing of this species is equipped with two types of grease filters: metal or acrylic. The first should be flushed a couple of times a month in a dishwasher or under a jet of warm water using liquid detergents. In case the filter is made of aluminum, it is recommended to rinse it in cool water using a dishwasher or economic soap detergent. Acrylic cleaning filters are not subject to: they should be changed to new periodicity once every three months. After cleaning the device, it is necessary to wait for a complete drying of the washed elements, and only after that it is connected to the power supply.
Expandments with a tap in ventilation are modern high-tech representatives of ventilation systems. The devices provide effective outflow of contaminated air, make stay in the kitchen pleasant and comfortable.
On how to install a kitchen hood with a tap in ventilation, see the following video.