Whatever the kitchen is a small or large, square or narrow, with a partition or without it – there will always be a thing, items, paintings that create comfort, feeling of heat, name is going to chat or drink seagull. But, it happens, you get into such a kitchen, where the hostess has ceased with the decor: too much, Pinshro, not in the topic. How to avoid mistakes when decorating the most popular place in the house – Kitchen?
Design of kitchen walls has several features.
- If volumes are chosen for the decor, the principle of “small premises is a small thing” should be observed.
- Volumetric items – shelves, clocks, paintings – do not interfere with cooking and eating food. And, of course, should be reliably fixed on the wall.
- Be sure to comply with the color balance: the pedestrian wallpapers can be “reassured” with a composition of monophonic decorative plates; Bright sticker or drawing will be a bright spot on the monochrome wall.
- Competently chosen photo wallpapers (especially with the 3D effect) not only decorate the walls, but also visually increase the kitchen.
- Posters, paintings, small photos, drawings are located at eye level.
- The design of the wall in the working area should be most protected from water, dirt, fire.
- Any item must easily clean (wash). Therefore, the religibent drawings and photos insert into the frame with glass, if it is to fit the designer style.
- If there is a dry bouquet above the table, then you need to be sure that it will not turn into a plate.
- Kitchen – Wet Room. Decorations should not be afraid of evaporation, otherwise panels, clay figures can crack.
- Pupae, fabric applications will absorb smells. If the extract is not very good, it is worth abandoning such a decor.
And most importantly – the decor is not a goal, but a way to refresh the existing design.
Decor is not only pictures, plates, panels or shelves. This is still directly finishing walls with different materials. At the same time, the choice of material depends on the humidity indoors, the size of the kitchen, the presence of small family members or animals. We will try to illuminate the maximum which materials can be used to finish the walls in the kitchen.
- Decorative plaster – beautiful, elegant, warm. So that the figured plaster is preserved longer, it is covered with varnish (after pre-painting). On such a monochrome wall, additional attachments will look great.
- Decorative rock – Texture, practicality, comfort. A huge selection of shape, size, color stones will make the kitchen special, not like everyone else. This decor can be used on any kitchen wall, fragmentary or fully decorated it. But since the stone grungy, it will be difficult to wash it. Therefore, the “apron” from such a material is better to close on top of the plexiglass.
- DVP – inexpensive, fast, beautiful. Wood fibrous plates can be used to align the walls as a rough material. But manufacturers offer laminated DVP as a cheapest analog of MDF. The lamination film can be completely different colors.
It is easy to care for her, and therefore it is possible to use it on any wall. But if the kitchen is wet, the root side of the panels need antiseptic processing.
- Mirror – light, space, multi-faceted. Decoration with mirrors – the idea is not new. Small mirror can be folded in the form of flowers on an empty wall, a large mirror in a gold-plated frame – a symbol of classic style.
- Ceramic tile – Classic, variety, comfort. Tile can be smooth or textured, glossy or matte, rectangular or square. It looks beautiful, it is easy for her, it’s ideal for a kitchen “Apron”. A monophonic light tile will resemble the hospital ward, so it will need an additional decor in the form of stickers or drawings. Can serve several decades, but not everyone can install independently.
- Brickwork or Natural Stone – Ecology, brutality, safety. The masonry is rarely grinding. Natural irregularities, roughness – all this causes light sadness: it hears how the firewood is cracking in the fireplace, and the pine forest or the sea. When using natural materials, decorate the wall: photographs, shelves, lamps.
To protect the brick or a stone from dirt and fat, the material is covered with varnish or put a protective screen of glass.
- MDF – modernity, variety, ease of installation. Better material compared to fiberboard, but also needs bioprotective impregnation from mold. Variety of polyvinyl chloride film is incredible: here and photos, and ceramic tiles, and pictures, and mirror, and brick. Plates used on all walls.
If they are colored, then you need to carefully use other decor elements.
- Mosaic – Multicolored fragments, painting, grace. Even if the mosaic represents only the small squares of all shades of blue, it looks very beautiful. And if pieces of tiles or glass add up to the stained glass, then it fascinates. And this is despite the fact that now the mosaic can be bought in the form of squares on a self-adhesive film, and not to glue each small piece, but part of the web on the substrate. It can be uploading pictures. For example, on an empty wall near the table, you can create panels with your own hands on any topic.
- Wallpapers can be chosen absolutely for any kitchen. The beauty of the use of wallpaper is that almost everyone is capable of gluing. Canvas can be combined, painted; From smooth, you can make applications, and from liquid – voluminous drawings; Metallized use instead of a mirror, and a linker – instead of stucco.
But you need to carefully read the instruction manual to purchase: not all wallpapers are suitable for wet cuisine or stick to the concrete wall; Not everything can be washed. But part of the wallpaper can be painted, and they are well combined with all materials.
- Plastic is different: ABS, acrylic glass, PVC. With the help of ABS, you can get not only a great “apron”, but also a beautiful canvas as a decorative design of the dining area. Acrylic glass with photo printing can also be used in the work area, and in the dining. And PVC panels are so popular that it has long been a means of alignment and wall protection from high humidity. Single panels can be reappearing by other elements, the print panel in such a decor do not need.
- Painting walls – easy, inexpensive, fast. Such a decor is available to each. Paint can be combined not only with other colors, but also by other materials. Paintings are carried out on smooth walls or decoratively plastered. This version of the decor is combined, perhaps with all the elements: photos, pictures, mirrors, paintings, panels, shelves, flowers.
- Glass – beautiful, elegant, expensive. Such material can be used in any zone: the partition between the kitchen and dining room, skinned in the work area, drawings in a glass frame, jars and bottles of an interesting shape on the shelves, flowers for flowers on the walls, stained glass windows from multi-colored glass.
It is important that a tempered glass with observed angles was used for the working area. The material can be transparent or darkened, matte, corrugated, with a pattern, photo printing of all family members.
Registration in zones
To competently arrange the walls of the kitchen, you need to understand that not all materials are suitable for the decoration of different kitchen zones.
The wall between the horizontal working surface and mounted cabinets is called “Apron”. It is clear from the name that it should protect the wall from water, fat, dirt, heat. The decor use ceramics, tempered glass, MDF, DVP, brick, stone. Wallpaper and difficult torture materials are closed with a protective screen.
It is important to choose the right color gamut for the “Apron”: it should be combined with a tabletop and other walls, but often make it contrasting, as the brightest accent decor. Either “apron” will be background for stickers, painting, shelves.
“Apron” from the mirror tile – and your house will be filled with solar bunnies. But here the fen-shus connoisseurs do not advise the use of mirrors in the kitchen: the reflection is broken down on the verge, it means that life is broken down. Yes, and the number of droplets falling on the mirror, double.
Very often on the “apron” use a mosaic in the form of a plot pattern or multicolored canvas.
The concept of “work zone” can be used as:
- place above working surfaces (stove, worktop);
- Kitchen, separated from the dining room or the living room partition.
In the first case, we are talking about open shelves over the “Apron” or the walls above the tabletop that are not executed by the “Apron”. Open shelves are often decorated with decorative plates, glass jars of interesting forms with colorful spices and herbs, crops and pasta. The color manifold is valued here.
Either the minimalist style is selected when one or two elements of the decor are present on the monochrome wall in the form of unusual hours or black and white photos.
When the wall is used, then there are more options. On an empty wall you can hang an unusual holder for wine bottles, modular patterns or embed the shelf for aquarium.
Free wall decorated with a variety of ways:
- You can hang transparent bowls with flowers;
- make a picture gallery of family members, including animals;
- hang pictures of children in a frame;
- Make a board – notepad from self-adhesive chalk (marker) wallpaper;
- If the kitchen is very bright – put in the beautiful pots greens or plant ordinary indoor flowers;
- Calculate decorative stone, photographic windows, mirrors of different sizes;
- hang panel or painting;
- decorate lamps with natural light;
- use modern LED lighting;
- make a shelf for children’s crafts;
- stick the wallpaper of another texture, colors, but blast their border ribbon or molding.
The main thing is that the wall in the table should be protected from droplets and splashes. And besides, the decor content should not strain: no annoying photos, poisonous colors, smells of plants that do not like family members.
Original decoration of walls
For each of us the concept of originality individually. If earlier in the house there were smooth walls of gray without any decorations, and now there are bright multicolored wallpapers, then for this kitchen it is already original. But still objects made by their own hands are indeed original.
- To make a butterfly on a flower on a flat monochrome wall, you will need a vinyl fillet-self-playing and drawing on its basis. Do not know how to draw – use stencils that are easy to find on the Internet.
- Again fashionable plates on the walls – a popular decor element. But it may be not only white ceramics, but also a multicolored saucer or wooden tableware under Gzhel or Zhostovsky painting. It is important to choose to pick up the holders of the plate.
- To create a wallpaper, you will need only wallpapers for painting, pencils or paints. As well as the author of the future masterpiece.
- Panel “Money Tree”, made by hand, not ashamed to hang in any room at home. But looking at him, I want to wish everyone well-being. So why not do in the kitchen?
- Very unusual original “Apron” is presented in this photo. And after all, you can make it yourself. To do this, you will need a self-adhesive marker film, fluorescent markers for it and plexiglass to protect this unusual light copy drawing.
- Sitting under such a picture glowing in the dark, I want to forget about all the problems, enjoy delicious food and think about good.
- Look what kind of successful combination. Slices of different wallpapers on the rear walls of the shelves are successfully combined. Transparent jars are saturated with color. The variety of forms does not create a cavity, but a solid composition. But these are just old boxes.
- Glass blocks folded into the kitchen partition, themselves became element of decor. Corrugated glass, refracting rays, fills the room with light.
How to decorate the wall with your own hands, look in the following video.