Every person wants to make a beautiful and interesting design in his house. Separate attention deserves a kitchen room. With its design, all interior items should be carefully selected. Today we will talk about how to choose curtains in the classic style for the kitchen, and what materials they can be made from.
Curtains in the classic style for such a room will help to emphasize the sophistication and special beauty of the interior. They are perfect for design in bright and discreet colors. In addition, it is worth noting that this style decision never comes out of fashion.
Currently, a large number of different curtains are available in such a style. So, in specialized stores you can see models with drapery, with lambretes, combining checkered pattern with floral ornament.
Such curtain models are most often drawn up in beige, light brown, olive, white tones. They are distinguished by lines of lines, harmonious color decision. These products are most profitable to look with furniture made of natural materials.
Models curtains for the kitchen should be not only beautiful and harmonious, but also practical, because it is in the kitchen room that a cloth can absorb various smells, dirt.
In addition, the kitchen is considered the most fire-hazard place in the house, so they should be made only from the safest and processed materials.
Properly selected curtains in the kitchen allow you to visually increase the room space. Often they act as an interesting addition to the overall design. If the curtains will perform more in the role of a decorative element, then you can combine telle models, combine several colors at once.
An interesting option for such a premises will be able to be a combination of light monophonic tulle and long porter.
Do not purchase models of curtains from too heavy textiles, as they must pass light.
Materials and colors
Classic kitchen curtains can be made from various materials.
- Polyester. This material refers to a special type of synthetic tissue. In its basic characteristics it is similar to cotton. Polyester has good resistance to pollution, in addition, it is considered pretty wear-resistant, durable material. He does not lose his form and not stretching even after frequent washes.
This base for the curtain practically does not miss moisture and does not fade in the sun.
- Cotton. This natural lightweight material has a good level of breathability, strength. In addition, it is practically not deformed during operation. Often cotton are used in combination with other artificial components that make the product even more durable and wear-resistant. Curtains made from this basis are practically not amenable to stretching even after constant washed. Cotton is a light and thin material, it will easily pass through itself sunlight inside the room.
In addition, this base for the curtain is often used in combination with another, heavier and long material.
- Velvet. This material is used for the production of curtains infrequently, as it is quite expensive. But at the same time, velvet products will help to give the room exquisite and luxurious.
This base is a durable and durable fabric, which is produced on the basis of natural silk.
- Jacquard. Such fabric is infrequently used for the manufacture of curtains into the kitchen, because it is relatively dense and heavy, such models will practically not pass inside the room sunlight. As a rule, they are taken to create long porter, which are combined with thin and light tulle.
It is worth noting that Jacquard is distinguished by a large variety of various drawings.
- Atlas. To create such a basis, used natural silk threads, cotton, flax fibers. At the same time, on one side, the Atlas will have a matte surface, and on the other – glossy.
Sometimes this material is additionally separated by braid and velvet.
- Veil. This material is based on synthetic components. It is relatively low cost, ease.
But at the same time, the veil is not characterized by a special level of strength and wear resistance, it quickly burns into the sun.
- Linen. This base for the curtain has a slightly rough texture, such models are most often combined with a thin and lightweight curtain. Linen samples are distinguished by the highest level of strength and wear resistance.
They do not require special care, they are quite easy to wash and iron, they do not electrify and retain their beautiful initial view for a long time.
For the manufacture of curtains in a classic style, predominantly use fabrics in beige, light gray, brown, cream, dairy shades. Such neutral and restrained tones will be able to fit perfectly in almost any classic kitchen room interior.
Sometimes, with a combination of light tulle and long porter, they choose materials of different colors, but at the same time they should harmonize each other wellM. Interestingly in the kitchen interior will look beige or dairy thin tulips with a thin dark pattern in the form of a floral ornament.
Before buying curtains for the kitchen, special attention should be paid to their length. Today, short models are produced from fine light material, they will fully close only the opening. These samples will be able to approach if in your kitchen it is small. Thus, the design will look harmonious and neat.
If your kitchen is a big window opening or a balcony, then you can pick up longer options that will completely close it and get to the floor covering. In this case, you can also combine shorter tulle with large porters. A popular option is currently rolled curtains, the length of which can be easily adjusted independently. Such models can also be issued with various images.
How to choose?
Before purchasing a suitable classic curtain version for the kitchen, you should pay attention to some selection nuances. So, be sure to view the material from which the product is made.
Curtains for such a room should not be too heavy and dense. Models from such fabric can only be used in some cases – as a porter. When selecting, take into account the colors.
It must be harmonized with the rest of the colors in the interior.
If you want to, So that the curtains also performed in the role of an interesting decorative object, then you should give preference to models with drapery, ruffles, fringe. Products decorated with glass, soft brushes, wicker cords can be an unusual option. But at the same time, make sure that such curtains do not overload the overall design of the room.
Universal option will be monophonic models. They will be beautiful and carefully look in any classic design. Special attention to the selection of curtains should be given in the event that you select them for the balcony. Lambrequins or solid curtains for it will not fit, as they will interfere with opening a balcony door.
For such options, you can choose a light monophonic model consisting of two parts, each of which is easy to assemble.
In the interior of the kitchen decorated in white and beige colors, long olive curtains will look unusually. At the same time, they can be monophonic, without drawings and additional decorative elements. They can be combined with thin and light tulle of white or dairy shade.
TOlive curtains in this case will act as an unusual accent in the overall interior. It is better to select samples consisting of two canvases that can be collected from two sides.
In the interior of the kitchen, decorated in several colors (with olive furniture, white ceiling coatings and brighter walls), can be placed gray-green monophonic curtains with lambrequins. These models can be hung with thin white tulle. In this case, you can choose a solid canvas.
Tulle can be shortened. Permissible if it also has small lambrene. Such models of curtains and tulles are often complemented by various decorative details. Beautiful and gently look the curtains with small soft brushes. But picking up similar products, make sure that they will not overload the kitchen design too much, to make it ridiculous and ugly.
How to sew a luxurious French curtains with your own hands, you can learn from the video below.