Not only the quality of the work performed, but also the health of personnel often depends on the timely cleaning of industrial and construction sites. The use of modern construction vacuum cleaners allows you to noticeably speed up cleaning and increase its quality. Therefore, it is worth considering the characteristics and model range of STIHL vacuum cleaners.
Information about brand
Stihl was founded in the German city of Waibingen in 1926 as a small family-owned enterprise specializing in the development and production of chain saws and other equipment for the forest industry. Representatives of the Family of the Family are managed by the company to this day. By the 70s of the 20th century, the German firm chainsaws became the most popular in the world.
Gradually, the company’s product range expanded due to the issue of new models of tools for forestry, construction and agricultural industry. In 2016, the concern united with Globe Tools, due to which the company’s model range was replenished with household power tools. Currently, the company’s turnover exceeds 3 billion euros per year, and its composition includes more than 30 subsidiaries in Germany and other countries of the world, including several factories in Switzerland and China.
The main difference between STIHL products from most competitors – the famous German and Swiss quality assembly and used materials and components. Even the models collected in China are received by the Female standards. Often the vacuum cleaners of the German company are characterized higher than that of similar models, power. Finally, most models are completed with additional equipment and accessories, including:
- quick coupling;
- washable filter;
- Dust Suction Hose Adapter.
This allows you to save on the purchase of related goods and use the Vacuum cleaners STIHL not only for cleaning rooms after the work, but also for suction of dust in the process of sawing, planing or grinding.
All vacuum cleaners manufactured by the company support modes both dry and wet cleaning, as well as fluid absorption function. All products offered by the company is equipped with a filter cleaning function, which allows it to be used for cleaning indoors with a high degree of contamination (for example, boiler rooms). All StiHL vacuum cleaners have a purge function, and also equipped with a special harvester for cleaning.
As of the current year, the German concern offers the main models of vacuum cleaners.
- SE 62 – semi-professional model intended for use in everyday life, cleaning of the local area, as well as to work on small construction sites, workshops and workshops. The electrical power consumption of the device is 3.6 kW, while the suction power is up to 1.4 kW, and performance – up to 3,600 liters of air per minute. The length of the hose in this model is 2.5 m, and the mass of this unit is 7.5 kg. The volume of the dust collector, which is made of nonwovens, is 20 liters.
- SE 62 E – This option is different from the previous presence of the connector for connecting an electric tool. In this case, the vacuum cleaner automatically turns on when the equipment connected to it is turned on. The length of the hose in this model is increased to 3.5 m, the mass is up to 8 kg, and the remaining characteristics correspond to the STIHL SE 62 models.
- SE 122 – Professional model equipped with guide rollers, multistage filter, smooth start system and engine speed adjustment. With the same power consumed as in previous models, the absorption capacity of this option is increased to 1.5 kW, and performance – up to 3700 l / min. The volume of the tank is increased to 30 liters, and the mass of the device is 12 kg. The kit additionally includes a nozzle for cleaning and washing floors. Such characteristics allow you to use this vacuum cleaner for cleaning industrial rooms of medium sizes.
- SE 122 E – This option is different from the previous presence of the connector for the power tool, which allows it not only for cleaning, but also when performing materials processing.
- SE 133 Me – This vacuum cleaner meets all the requirements for the equipment for cleaning the dust of the M “dust (medium danger dust, for example, copper, iron, nickel, aluminum). Can be used for cleaning indoors of NPP.
Tips for choosing
Despite the fact that intuitively most consumers evaluate vacuum cleaners on their power consumption, another parameter is much more important for quality and cleaning speed – air absorption power. When choosing a vacuum cleaner for construction or industry, it is best to navigate on the model with the highest suction capacity. But for use in everyday life, especially in floor-coatable apartments (laminate, parquet, linoleum) without carpets, it will be enough will be models with a suction power of about 300 W.
If you plan to use the device not only for cleaning the construction site or workshop, but also to collect chips and dust, it is necessary to purchase models with a connector for connecting them (in Stihl they are marked with the letter E).
When choosing it is worth considering not only the basic characteristics of the model, but also supplied accessories. If you want to use the unit not only for cleaning dust, but also for washing windows, cleaning upholstered furniture and other tasks, then you should make sure that the kit includes the appropriate nozzles.
At the same time, it is worth paying attention to the fact that the equipment of the same model intended for exporting in different countries may differ significantly, so it is best to find out everything from the seller in advance.
Most of the technician owners for industrial STIHL cleaning in their reviews notes its excellent quality and reliability. Due to the well-thought-out cooling system, the technique does not overheat even during long-term work without pause. Also as the main advantages note the compactness of this technique at relatively high suction power. Many owners are an additional plus consider sufficient length of the network cable (about 10-15 m) and the hose (from 3 m), which allows the cleaning of premises with a large area and high ceilings.
The main disadvantage of SE 62 and SE 62 E models Most of their owners considers a small filter size and disadvantage of dust collector. This problem is not characteristic of the other models of the company, but they, in turn, are distinguished by large dimensions and mass. The opinions of the owners of the vacuum cleaners of the German concern about the diameter of the supplied hoses supplied in the kit, which is higher than that of the analogs, divided. Some consider it worthy, after all, cleaning is faster, and the hose is stronger. Others point out that the vacuum cleaner sometimes delays not only trash, but also the necessary things.
STIHL SE 62 E vacuum cleaner review is presented in the following video.