One of the biggest problems of urban apartments built in Soviet times – their small-sized. Small rooms, small entrance hall and meager kitchen. Therefore, many mistresses in repair make a decision to combine the kitchen and living room. And the owners of apartments in modern new buildings, on the contrary, get when buying a large, already combined kitchen space and living room. They all want to make such a space correctly and competently divide it into zones with different functionality, as well as choose ceiling coatings so that they harmoniously joined the overall design of the room.
Types of Ceilkov
Room repair starts from the ceiling. Different options are possible here: it can be simply cheerful, painted, caught with wallpaper or, if you allow finance, it is allowed to go on more complex structures from innovative materials. It all depends on the height of the ceiling above the floor and the overall style design of the room. For premises with low ceilings, you can choose the option based on the developments of the last century and your own capabilities and preferences.
- Bled ceilings Previously were in every apartment and do not require large financial costs or special skills. As a coating, they use whitewash, which is absolutely eco-friendly material. If you want colors in the interior, just add a single shade to the solution. This option does not apply to fashion trends, but it is ideal for low ceilings. The only minus of such a coaling coating is its briefness. After all, in the kitchen they cook a lot, there is a gas stove, and therefore all the coatings not only “absorb” odors, but also polluted. Therefore, from time to time it is necessary to break the ceiling again and again.
- Paint coating also does not apply to complex and expensive finishes. Before the color you need to level the surface of the ceiling with the help of special building mixtures so that the paint lay down to a smooth layer. For coating, water-based paints are used: they are not too expensive, not very dangerous and easily use them. Shops provide a wide range of colors of such materials. Painted ceilings are easy to clean from dust, but it will not be possible to get rid of them from the stains, so you have to repeat the coloring procedure again.
- Ceiling overlooking wallpaper Also suitable kitchen living room with low ceilings. In construction stores you can find different options for ceiling fliesline wallpaper, including for further painting. But it will have to tinker with such a ceiling, and there will be more money. Cover the walls much easier than to have a ppboard: first, the surface of the ceiling under pasting should be perfectly smooth, otherwise it is not possible to dock a drawing and make imperceptible seams, and secondly, it is not possible to go to the rescue to the rescue. friends who are familiar with such a kind of work, or hire specialists. In addition to the minuses described, there are still shortcomings – wallpaper perfectly “absorb” all kitchen smells and pollution and do not like high humidity.
In rooms with high ceilings, you can also use the above-described finish methods, as well as consider and more modern solutions. Plasterboard coating refers to mounted. It provides ample opportunities for the embodiment of any designer ideas. In such design options, many advantages:
- Hitting structures will help hide any roughness, irregularities, and at the same time wiring or air ducts;
- drywall structures are light, but very durable and durable;
- Plasterboard will help create multi-level space on the ceiling, which helps zoning the room and further visually increases the height of the ceilings;
- Care of suspended structures will not be much labor;
- Gypsum Carton is suitable for a whitewash or subsequent coloring.
Suspended plasterboard ceilings in combination with various lamps emphasize the originality of the interior of your kitchen-dining room. Naturally, this option will cost much more expensive whims, painting and pastries with wallpaper, but you do not repairs for one day. There are other benefits.
Stretch ceilings are one of the modern interior design methods. They look great. They, like plasterboard coatings, belong to the suspended. The basis of such coatings is a special PVC film that is stretched with a special cannon with a hot or cold method. Such a film has many color options and three options for surface textures (glossy, matte, satin). In their use, many advantages.
- Allow to create multi-level space on the ceiling, helping to focus on different areas of the kitchen-living room.
- Stretch ceilings will save you from unexpected “floods” from the neighbors from above, as the film is very durable and does not absorb water.
- All the engineering structures of the house (electrical cables, pipes) will easily hide.
- They are durable and do not lose their beautiful appearance.
- Their surface is easy to wash, if they are contaminated, not forgetting that it is impossible to use sharp objects when cleaning.
Stretch ceilings will be without seams if the ceiling length does not exceed 5.5 m. If more, then the docking is inevitable. Of course, this option is the most expensive, and for its installation you will have to spend a lot of time and hire specialists, but in the end you get the perfectly smooth and beautifully decorated ceiling.
Possible combinations of drywall and stretch surfaces, if you have a combinated kitchen-living room.
When laying the ceiling design in the kitchen-living room, it is important to consider all the features of the room, the style of registration and personal wishes of family members. Easy-free rules will determine your choice.
- In case the kitchen is very small, it can be arranged in dark colors. Dark ceilings are more practical, as pollution is less noticeable on them. In addition, in some cases it will help to visually increase the depth of space.
- It is not necessary to use dark tones in rooms that are little lit, and vice versa, bright in those cases when the room is illuminated well.
- Colored ceilings will help make a bright focus on one of the kitchen-living areas. But it does not need to forget that not every color combination is appropriate to use.
- Do not forget that each color carries its emotional load: green soothes, blue removes muscular tension, orange brown. White, blue or yellow colors increase space. Orange and brown, on the contrary, narrow it. Applying blue, do not forget that it is able to visually reduce the height of the ceilings. Using this, you can apply brighter and cheerful colors in the kitchen, and the living room is issued in more restrained pastel colors.
- Warm tones are appropriate in the living room. In the kitchen, you can apply cold tones, as there and so enough hot from the plate.
- Select the color of the ceiling coating into the tone with wall decoration only when you want to increase the room space.
- For ceilings In the cooking area, you can choose glossy surface options, and for the living room, on the contrary, matte. This combination competently divides the space on the part.
- Level suspension constructions from drywall in combination with stretch ceilings will create a smooth transition between two rooms. Correctly selected highlighting of different levels will create a feeling of lightness.
- In the living room zone, stretch ceilings with images of blue sky, trees crowns will look very beautiful. So those present will have the feeling that they are in nature. LED backlight around the perimeter or inside the tensioning surface will create a feeling of scattered sunlight.
- In the premises of a classic style with low ceilings, spam surfaces will be very good in combination with decorative elephant decorative elements.
For reflection. By making a decision on connecting the kitchen and living room into a single whole, it is necessary to remember that this option brings you not only to win in space, but also carries additional problems. If you cook a lot and often, then all odors and contamination from the kitchen zone instantly fall into the living room, and therefore, cleaning you will add. Over the slab, you need to install very powerful ventilation systems with interchangeable filters.
Zoning and lighting
Connection of the kitchen and living room in a single space will entail some changes in the planning of the walls. Important! Remember that with any redevelopment of the apartment requires a special permit. An independent demolition of carrier bearing walls can seriously disrupt the strength of the design and safety of all residents in the house.
Separation of space on the zone can be achieved in different ways.
- Plasterboard wall or columns.
- With the help of the multi-levelness of the ceilings or using different textures of the surfaces of the ceiling coatings.
- Different surfaces of the floor on the texture are also able to cope with the task of separation of space.
- For zoning room you can apply furnishings.
- Zoning using lighting devices.
Sometimes instead of demolishing the walls, it is enough to expand the doorway by making a wide arched space of any form. Instead of arches and walls, you can use small columns that not only separate the space, but will also carry a semantic load in the classic style room. Zoning space lamps The most interesting design option.
- Central lighting provides chandelier located in the center of the room. Complement it usually outdoor or wall lamps of various design.
- Lighting can be point. In this case, the lamps are located small groups to illuminate certain places.
- Contour lighting helps to emphasize different levels of space, hide the seams and visually increase the height of the ceilings. It looks especially spectacular.
- Raster lighting, using lamps in light reflectors make only in those places where high ceilings.
Naturally, you can use various combinations of all types of lighting. For glossy surfaces, small dotted lamps will be suitable, and it is better to choose a large chandelier for the living room, which will be located above the table. If the ceiling surface is shiny, you should not use many high power lighting devices. This will create light “overload” indoors.
Should immediately consider that any lamp highlights heat. This means that not every lamp is suitable for stretch surfaces, since PVC film can be spoiled when heated. In this case, it is better to use lighting devices with energy-saving lamps or LED backlight.
Stretch ceilings are not combined with heavy chandeliers that simply cannot be attached to the stretch surface. For small lamps, equip mounts before the ceiling stretch, pre-making technological cuts in the films under them.
Designs made of drywall are combined with any types of lamps, but the built-in is most effectively.
Successful examples in the interior
Photos posted in this section, illustrate the most winning options for ceilings in the kitchen. We hope it will help you decide on the choice of room design style.
Stretch ceilings in the kitchen-living room are followed by.