Each trifle is important in the kitchen arrangement. An apron, which is located in the work area of this room, many may seem in the insignificant detail. In fact, much depends on it. A competently chosen and installed apron is able to decorate the interior, making it more attractive, harmonious and completed. Today we will analyze in detail how you make our own hands working area in the kitchen using tiles.
Recommendations for the selection of tiles
Tile is one of the most popular and common materials that choose to finish the apron in the kitchen. This design is found in many interiors. It is quite possible to fulfill it, without turning to the brigade of experienced finishing. However, the tile must be chosen correctly. This should take into account some nuances.
- Apron, which takes place in the working area of the kitchen, must necessarily have a smooth and unpretentious surface that will be able to smoothly clean from pollution and fatty spots. This requirement is answered tile with glazed coating.
- This finishing material must be chosen with the calculation so that during the installation work on the seams, the minimum area was separated. This is due to the fact that usually the most dirt accumulates in such sites, and it is difficult to clean it.
- Important and coloring tiles for apron. It must cross the colors of kitchen furniture.
There are several types of tiles suitable for the design of the working area in the kitchen. Get acquainted with them.
Such a tile is rectangular or square plates. Make them from a burnt solution consisting of clay, quartz sand and minerals. These components provide high-strength and resistance to high temperatures. Make ceramic tiles for different technologies: with one or two annealing. The basis of the material is high and low. Front portion of tiles can be glazed or ordinary.
This material is small ceramic parts that are glued onto a wall base. In most cases, such products are treated if it is necessary to accurately issue rounded surfaces. Mosaic tiles for sale in the form of rolls or square sheets. It is placed on a special tile glue. After drying the feet. Currently, mosaic material is presented in a huge assortment. In stores for sale various colors and textures. It is possible to choose a glazed or matte version.
However, in this material there is a large number of seams – the most vulnerable areas where pollution accumulates more often.
This name is a ceramic rectangular tile of standard sizes, having bevelled under 45 degrees corners or rounded edges. Initially, the Cabanchik was made exclusively for external finishing works, but with the development of technologies that improved the characteristics of this material, it began to be used for internal design. Cabanchik feature excellent strength characteristics, a wide range (on sale and glazed, and simple options), a large selection of colors. Standard laying of this material in the working area of the kitchen is carried out by a rotary, like brickwork. At the end of the finishing works, all joints are closed by Fuga.
Analogue “Cabancake” – a gypsum decorative tile painted in various shades. Basically, only private companies produce similar materials. Gypsum absorbs moisture well and cannot boast of high strength characteristics, so such a type of finish is extremely rarely used in the design of the kitchen.
Make this tile from various types of clay with dye and special addition components. Clinker is characterized by high strength, which is due to the high temperature of annealing. Apply clinker and for internal, and for outdoor decoration.
With the advent of modern photo printing technologies, it was possible to produce tiles with any drawings and images. Previously, they were applied only to a special ceramic tile, on which there is a special polymer composition. Today, opportunities expanded – images can now be applied to any material. With the help of a competently selected photo shot, the owners appear to effectively and originally decorate the workspace of the kitchen.
These materials are stacked as well as classic options, but they look much more interesting. Photo printing can be both over the entire surface of the tiles and only in some sections.
How to calculate?
If you plan to independently lay out an apron of tiles in the kitchen, you will need to correctly calculate the amount of material correctly. You can spend all the calculations using a convenient online calculator, or do everything yourself. To do this, it will be necessary to clarify the dimensions of the area (and the length, and the width, and the parameters of the height) on which finishing works will be carried out. In this case, you need to rely on the standard parameters.
- The working area usually takes approximately 55-57 centimeters height from the tabletop line. Of course, this parameter sometimes comes to the floor level – it all depends on how the stands are located.
- Ceramic tiles must necessarily go under the countertops at least 20 mm, so water and dirt did not move in the seams.
- At the top of the installation of the apron is carried out to the exhaust – this equipment is usually mounted at a height of 65-75 centimeters from the stove.
- The working surface parameter in the horizontal plane is the whole length of the wall. You can stop and only on the section “Sink-Working Tuba-Plate”.
Be sure to spend all the necessary calculations. To calculate everything and make it right, you will need to decide on how exactly you will lay the tile for apron. The type of layout is very important here.
There are many options for masonry tiles for kitchen apron. It is worth highlighting the most popular varieties:
- Standard (or basic);
- Under brickwork.
The most simple recognized exactly the basic layout of the tile. If you choose it, you can count on the fact that the overrun of the material will be insignificant.
Step-by-step instructions for laying
Put the apron from the tile is possible with their own hands. The main thing is to put the material correctly and do everything in accordance with the instructions. Consider in stages, how the installation of such a finish is carried out.
First you need to prepare wall foundations. This is done as follows.
- Clean the wall carefully from the former coating. If earlier there was a tile, then it will have to clean it with the involvement of the perforator. It is necessary to clean the foundation until plastering. Do not leave a trace from the old finish, otherwise the fresh material will not be able to clutch well with the surface or will fall unevenly.
- Make sure that the plastering layer of the wall is sufficiently adjust. Particles that are subject to detachment will need to be removed from the base. After that, all uneven areas will need to be loosen.
- Try to make the most correct and even angle in the event that the coating will go from one wall to another.
- It is best to leave on the walls of notches, so that the adhesive composition is better compiled with their base.
After preparing the wall you can safely move on.
- Make marking according to the size of the apron. At this stage, accuracy and accuracy should be observed, so that with further work, do not encounter the incomprehension of individual details.
- On the horizontal level put a flat tree bar – it will play the role of support for the material at the bottom, not allowing it to roll down.
- To prepare a vertical mark, correctly lock the plumbing – the lace with the ship will need to put in the top of the wall, from where it will go down, forming the perfectly flat base for marking.
- Competently placing the basis for which the finishing material will be laid, it will be necessary to properly prepare the glue composition. If this is wrong, violating the manufacturer’s instruction, the adhesive layer will quickly become useless and the tile is simply falling, so it is necessary to act here in all the rules.
- Do not use solutions that begin to push. Their dissolution will be useless – the adhesive properties of such mixtures will still be irrevocably lost. Long on them tile will not last.
- Now you can start laying a apron. An inexplicable home master is best lay out such a finish, applying a certain laying method. Not the last role is played and the dimensional parameters of the tile play – than it is larger, it will be easier to work. The junctions will also be smaller, so care will also be simplified. That is why experienced masters do not advise the beginners to take on the installation of a finish consisting of a large number of small parts.
- First you need to put a layer of glue on the wall. Evenly distribute it on the basis using a spatula. As a result, the wall should be completely covered with glue composition with grooves.
- The tile must be glued, gently pressed to the base with glue. After that, it will be necessary to take a rubber image. Seat a tile with this device.
- If you started laying out the material from the edge, then at the same time lay the corner. After that, check the horizontal and vertical of the installed part using a special small level (the standard large tool in such areas will work uncomfortable).
- The remaining tiles in this row must be put along the same method.
- To the installation of the next row should be passed only after the previous one will dry. Remember that the starting series is the most important, since on the basis of its location, all other rows will be laid. Give the first laying line to succeed during the day.
- At the final stage, you will need to trim separate items and lay the remaining pieces. The cut line should be carried out with the help of a ruler on the back part, and then put into the case of plates, grinder or glass cutter.
- Once the entire work area in the kitchen will be laid out to the end, and the tile will take to the end with the base, it will be possible to carefully catch up with the help of a queen. Deep sound when knocking, indicate that the tile fit is not very good. Similar details need to be removed and install again.
- When the quality of laying will stop calling doubts, you can safely move to the grout of the seams. Before this finish will need to wash away from dust and dirt. Slit joints with rubber spatula. Then the joints leave to dry by 0.5-1 hours. Then the surfaces are smoothed and treated with a rag.
Remember that the flap color should approach the tile chosen for finishing. Fortunately, today in building stores for sale of various colors, so you cannot choose the appropriate option.
How to make an apron from tiles for the kitchen with your own hands, see the following video.
The kitchen apron made of tiles is a universal and practical solution. From the tile is easier to wash off dirt, fat and soot. Using a similar material, you can beautifully lay out the working area in any style: from the classics to the avant-garde. Colors can also be anyhow, like their combinations.
Consider some interesting and harmonious options.
- Against the background of minimalistic black and white kitchen headset with metal fittings, it will look gorgeous apron, trimmed with mosaic. In such a cladding with a predominance of white, gray, black, brown, beige colors can also be combined.
- Behind the cozy head of a natural chocolate tint tree, you can lay out a poorly cream or yellowish-beige tile, in which a monophonic canvas is diluted with small images of autumn landscapes. With such a finish, the interior will look calm and hospitably.
- The set in a modern style in which the cabinets have a pronounced visual print of wood and glossy black countertops, will be perfectly combined with a tiled apron. In the last concise white tiles can be combined with images of coffee, cocktails and other drinks. Deliven such a tandem follows chrome details. As a result, it turns out a very stylish, modern and expensive ensemble.
- An apron of snow-white glossy tile under brickwork will look good in conjunction with white or dairy headcase and technique weathered in retro style or Provence. Such an interior is a small round kettle with a floral print, small waffle towels with similar patterns. Thus, it turns out a gentle ensemble with elegant notes of antiques and classics.