Despite the fact that when playing regular amateur soccer the most common element of equipment are traditional sneakers, they can not provide the proper level of traction with the surface and reliable contact with the ball. That is the reason why more and more soccer players today prefer cleats – a special soccer shoe that has a number of structural elements for successful play. That is what you should pay attention to when choosing the equipment for the next soccer match.
- What are the soccer boots
- How to choose a boot with cleats
- How to choose a boot for the gym
- What material is used for soccer boots
- How to correctly try on soccer boots?
- Video on choosing cleats
What are soccer cleats
Depending on the type of game, all soccer boots are divided into two categories:
- Classic cleats, designed for playing “big” soccer on the field or special turf. Maximum comfortable fixation on the foot, firm grip with the ground through the spikes, high maneuverability and low weight – these are the main characteristics of the best models;
- Boots intended for futsal or mini-football. They are used on hard surfaces, and therefore the need for spikes is eliminated, they successfully replaced by a durable rubber tread, providing maximum traction with the surface;
How to choose cleats with spikes
Depending on the specific performance characteristics, studded cleats are divided into the following types:
- TURF. The cleats are designed for playing on natural grass. Their design includes 24 hard rubber studs which provide a uniform load on the foot and make the maximum traction;
- ti Stud Rubber. Shoes equipped with rounded soft cleats, which provide maximum comfort of use. Suitable for both natural and synthetic turf;
- Hard Ground and Very Hard Ground – shoes designed to play in difficult conditions. These boots are equipped with flat cleats that allow you to accelerate perfectly, as well as retain maximum traction on hard surfaces-asphalt, gravel, as well as compacted snow;
- Soft Ground (SG) – cleats designed to be used on soft ground. The most popular among goalkeepers and midfielders;
How to choose a boot for the game in the hall
As a separate type of sports shoes, cleats for the game in the hall also fall into two categories:
- Indoor – classic models, designed for active games in the hall. Appearance is similar to the classic “street” boots, the only difference is the tread – instead of spikes it uses a flat polyurethane sole;
- FS (Futsal) – a lightweight, soft and practical boot for futsal or indoor soccer. Their main advantage – excellent grip on the surface, as well as minimal weight;
What material is used to make soccer cleats?
Due to their narrow specialization, all soccer boots without exception are made from either natural or synthetic leather.
- Leather natural footwear is characterized by high plasticity, wear resistance and perfectly preserves its properties under extreme loads. This footwear is quite good at wicking moisture away, so your feet don’t get sweaty. However, not all leathers are suitable for quality boots – in order to maximize the effect and achieve the necessary characteristics, the best option is considered kangaroo leather or young calf leather;
- Artificial leather by all its parameters inferior to the natural leather, and yet these boots are quite popular. Mainly the merit lies in knowingly lower price – cleatsArtificial leather shoes are chosen by those players who play soccer several times a year and simply do not need expensive models;
How to Try On Soccer Boots?
When it comes to buying synthetic leather boots, you should try on models that are 1 / 2 sizes larger than the everyday shoe. The reason for this fact is quite simple – due to dynamic loads the muscles are oxygenated and filled with blood, so the foot significantly increases in size. Choosing obviously bigger shoes, a soccer player evens out such an increase and eliminates discomfort during the game;
Natural leather, because of its peculiarities and high plasticity, does not require such an expansion gap. Booties, selected by size, are not able to deliver discomfort during the game, because the leather is perfectly stretched. Of course, this fact applies only to quality models of kangaroo leather or young calf leather.
Video on choosing cleats
In the following articles our experts tell you how to choose a soccer ball.