- The best manufacturers of thermal guns. What brand to choose?
- The structure of a hot glue gun and its principle of operation
- Types of hot melt glue guns
- Mounting glue guns of professional level
- Advantages High power. The best models are able to deliver up to 500-600 W and allow you to perform labor-intensive work in a short time interval; Large number of nozzle attachments included with key models; Qualitative execution and increase of term of trouble-free work as a consequence; Disadvantages High cost;Pneumatic glue guns
- Advantages Robust design; Ability to work with all types of materials without exception; Disadvantages High cost; The overall bulky design;
- Glue guns, designed for needlework
- Advantages Small size, minimal weight; Low price; Low temperature operation, allowing you to glue materials that are afraid of heat; Disadvantages Small power of heating element; Mediocre workmanship in cheap models; No nozzle attachments;
- Cordless glue gun
- Advantages Compact size; A wide range of functions; No need for a constant power source; Disadvantages High cost; Requires control of the battery condition;Glue gun selection parameters
- Feed efficiency
- Melting temperature
- Thickness of glue rods used
- What glue gun to choose?
- The cost of hot glue gun
As an independent tool, the glue gun is well known at the moment. With its help you can solve a huge variety of domestic and industrial problems, and it is also very loved by those who are engaged in needlework – with the help of hot melt glue can be glued even those items that do not take all the well-known cyanoacryl, aka “superglue”. In order to get all the benefits of such a device in the home, the choice should be approached with great care.
- The best manufacturers of hot melt guns. What brand to choose?
- The device of a hot glue gun and principle of its work
- Types of thermal glue guns
- The parameters of the choice of glue gun
- What glue thermal gun to choose
- The cost of a thermal glue gun
The best manufacturers of thermal guns. What brand to choose?
At present, the market offers a huge variety of glue guns, from Chinese “nooneyma” to professional devices from well-known European manufacturers. In order to be guaranteed a functional and working device, it is necessary to give preference to only those brands, which are by reputation.
In the catalogs of these manufacturers you can find not only professional models, designed to perform specific operations, but also household devices, designed for everyday use.
The structure of a hot glue gun and its principle of operation
Any thermal gun consists of four main nodes that ensure its functioning:
- Body. It is made of plastic and isolated from the mechanical and heating parts. Its shape resembles a pistol (hence the name) for the most comfortable grip during work;
- Heating knot. It consists of a cylindrical metal insertion, which is connected to the heating element that melts the adhesive rod;
- Feeding unit. The special mechanism that feeds the molten hot melt glue through the nozzle;
- Metal nozzle. Unit designed for dosed supply of hot melt onto the glued surfaces. The best models are equipped with a special shut-off valve that prevents the glue from spilling out when the trigger is released;
- Glue stick. The glue that makes up the base of any thermal gun. It is a cylindrical, soft “stick” which, when melted, turns into an adhesive compound. Its color can be different – transparent, black, white, red;
Types of hot melt glue guns
All devices of this class on the market can be divided into several basic types depending on their functionality.
Mounting glue guns of professional level
Devices that are widespread in construction and installation work, especially where other methods of fixing surfaces are not available. Thermal glue is widely used instead of traditional dowels and screws, it allows you to do the work most accurately and qualitatively.
- High power. The best models are able to deliver up to 500-600 W and allow you to perform labor-intensive work in a short time interval;
- Large number of nozzle attachments included with key models;
- Qualitative execution and increase of term of trouble-free work as a consequence;
- High cost;
Pneumatic glue guns
Devices, which principle of operation differs from all other models. The heating element in these models is completely isolated from the body, so that both the body and nozzle remain cold. Feeding is carried out by means of pneumatics, which makes it possible to use such a gun with materials that are afraid of exposure to high temperatures (polyurethane foam, foam plastic).
- Robust design;
- Ability to work with all types of materials without exception;
- High cost;
- The overall bulky design;
Glue guns, designed for needlework
And also for carrying out various household operations and routine works. Compact size, reduced functionality, low temperature operation and low power are its main characteristics.
- Small size, minimal weight;
- Low price;
- Low temperature operation, allowing you to glue materials that are afraid of heat;
- Small power of heating element;
- Mediocre workmanship in cheap models;
- No nozzle attachments;
Cordless glue gun
Device powered by a replaceable battery. It is possible to find such models both among household and professional devices, and the price varies a lot. Convenient by the lack of a cord, allowing it to be used away from the outlet.
- Compact size;
- A wide range of functions;
- No need for a constant power source;
- High cost;
- Requires control of the battery condition;
Glue gun selection parameters
Having decided on a particular type of glue gun, it is time to pay attention to specific features and technical characteristics.
Factor that directly affects the melting speed of the glue stick, as well as the overall performance of the gun. The weakest in this respect are household guns: the rated power of such devices rarely exceeds 100-150 watts. Advanced, semi-professional devices in this regard show themselves a little better: they are able to deliver up to 250-300 W, which is more than enough for most situations. The most powerful are professional building devices, the nominal power of which can be 500-600 W.
Reflects the amount of glue that is dispensed by the gun nozzle in a given amount of time. Professional models can brag of high productivity – up to 25-35 grams of glue per minute, indicators of household models are more modest and seldom exceed 10-15 grams.
Parameter that indicates the usability of a particular gun under certain operating conditions. Standard glue rods melt at about 180 degrees (the output glue temperature is about 145-150 degrees), but on sale there are models designed for use in a lower range – about 95-100 degrees. Uses appropriate glue sticks to work with. Professional models are often equipped with an additional thermostat that allows you to change the melting temperature, depending on the tasks.
Thickness of glue rods used
As a rule, all commercially available thermal glue guns have a unified diameter of used rods – either 7 or 11 mm. This parameter may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer of the particular glue stick;
What glue gun to choose?
- A compact glue gun will be enough for a number of routine and household tasks, as well as for needlework;
- In the case when you have to work long hours away from the power source, or there is a regular need to glue certain parts “at a knees-up”, you should prefer a battery-operated glue gun;
- Those of the buyers who are looking for a universal model, allowing to work with different types of materials, it is best to prefer thermal guns, equipped with power regulation;
- Professional models – an excellent choice for builders, installers, as well as all those who regularly need such a device on duty;
The cost of hot glue gun
- Most household glue guns and models designed for handicrafts, costs from 300 to 2000 rubles;
- Semi-professional devices, the power of which does not exceed 350 watts, have a price tag from 4000 to 7000 rubles;
- Professional models with a large number of functions and a rich delivery set are the most expensive devices. Their price can range from 4500 to 9000 rubles.