- The best manufacturers tonometers, what company to choose?
- Types of tonometers
- Mercury tonometers
- Mechanical tonometers
- Automatic tonometers
- Semi-automatic tonometers
- The parameters for choosing tonometers
- What tonometer to choose?
- How much do SSDs cost?
Health care is important for every family member. This is especially true for blood pressure, which rises and falls, even in a fairly healthy person. Always need to have at hand a reliable tonometer for home use, which will quickly fix the deviation from the norm. This will help to quickly take the right action – to select drugs or perform the necessary procedures.
- The best manufacturers of tonometers, what company to choose?
- Types of sphygmomanometers
- Parameters to choose tonometers
- What tonometer to choose?
- How much do tonometers cost?
The best manufacturers tonometers, what company to choose?
Medical equipment for home use is popular. It has high requirements, so it is better to choose products from reliable and trusted manufacturers. There are various well-known brands of tonometers on the market.
- Omron.The Japanese company Omron offers modern products. Its tonometers are a success in many countries around the world. Products take the lead in Russia. On their merits include compact size, comfortable fixation, functional screen to monitor results and reasonable prices.
- CS Helthcare.Company CS Helthcare – a joint project between Russia and China. Both sides offered the best developments in the manufacture of medical equipment. Russia also provides a reliable distribution in our territory, helps to achieve moderate prices with unchanged quality.
- ttle Doctor.International company
- Tight Doctor was founded in 1986 in Singapore, which is the world’s largest business center. This promotes business in other countries, so the products are available at attractive prices. Medical products are internationally certified and approved for sale in Russia.
- fe.Micro company
- Fe of Switzerland supplies medical devices, which include tonometers for home use. Distinctive feature is the use of innovative technology, including detection of atrial fibrillation or three-dimensional measurement of BP values.
Types of tonometers
Modern tonometers are technological and functional devices, which are manufactured using innovative solutions. The entire range can be classified according to criteria. There are several types of tonometers:
- Automatic and semi-automatic (digital);
Each of these types differs in features, feature set and cost.
In these devices, the blood pressure value is determined by the level of the mercury column. This is one of the varieties that appeared first in medicine and went on sale. Today they belong to the category of professional devices, because they give accurate readings. However, because of the toxicity of mercury, they have been banned from sale for home use.
Classic models of tonometers, which were used even 20-30 years ago. Today, they are also popular with medical personnel and the elderly. First of all, the choice is determined by the simplicity and reliability of the device. The design includes a cuff on the hand, a rubber tube, a bulb, a phonendoscope, a pressure gauge to measure pressure. Values are shown by an arrow on a dial.
- High accuracy of blood pressure readings;
- affordable price;
- ease of use and reliability;
- Immunity to external factors (arm and body movements).
- The need to use a phonendoscope;
- Accuracy of measurement depends on the skills and hearing acuity of the person, so you need experience in measuring pressure.
The devices are considered the most technologically advanced among the spectrum of tonometers. No medical training required to measure pressure. When using the tonometer does not even need to pump air into the cuff using a bulb, because the built-in compressor performs the operation automatically. The device itself consists only of a cuff, a tube and a unit with a digital display. It is enough to press a button and a few seconds later the screen already shows the exact parameters – blood pressure, heart rate, etc.
- ease of use and minimal effort;
- compact size;
- high measurement speed.
- high cost;
- Some models do not have the highest measurement accuracy.
The devices are something between mechanical and automatic tonometers. Their design includes a cuff, tubes, a unit with a digital display, and a bulb to pressurize the pressure. When you measure your blood pressure, you need to put on the cuff correctly and use a bulb to pump air. After that, the screen will display indicators of blood pressure and pulse.
- ease of use;
- The optimal price-quality ratio;
- Accurate measurements of BP and heart rhythm.
- Not identified.
The parameters for choosing tonometers
Popular today are digital tonometers (automatic and semi-automatic). They differ in ease of use and additional features.
When choosing, you should consider the following criteria:
- Accuracy and convenience of measurement;
- operating characteristics;
- Design features (cuff, blower, display unit);
- ease of attachment, versatility of use;
- Dimensions and weight;
- Power sources (for electronic devices);
- additional functions;
The task of the tonometer – Measuring blood pressure and pulse. With this pretty well cope with any model. But it is worth remembering that electronic devices have a number of additional functions – storage of the latest figures, the use of different methods of measurement, indicators of the correct position and so on.
Appearance matters, primarily the size of the display or a mechanical manometer. It is difficult for pensioners and people with poor eyesight to see the small figures, and if you have hearing problems, you can not work with a phonendoscope.
The optimal size of the cuff is about 20 cm, although the hand circumference can be different. It is better to choose flexible cuffs so that there are no complications.
People who closely monitor the health, will need additional features, especially memory cells for previous measurements. A big plus turns out to be an indicator of arrhythmia and a warning of increased pressure.
What tonometer to choose?
There are different models on the market. Medics recommend that the choice be guided by the individual characteristics of the person:
- The presence of vascular and heart disease;
- The presence of hearing and vision problems;
- Experience in measuring pressure.
For young people will suit compact automatic tonometers mounted on the wrist. They help get readings almost instantly.
People who suffer from arrhythmia or heart disease, it is better to take models with accurate indicators. Also, it will not be superfluous to have a built-in memory to track changes over a period of time.
Mechanical tonometers are a simple and durable option, but they will require some knowledge. In addition, people with poor vision or hearing will find it difficult to read the readings.
When choosing, you should pay attention to the width and length of the cuff. It should not be too large, so that there are no difficulties in the measurement process. The length of the tubes determines the freedom of movement during the procedure.
It is important to remember that expensive devices are not the best. They may not fit a person’s specific requirements. Inexpensive semi-automatic tonometers with some additional functions will be a good choice.
How much do SSDs cost?
- The cost of simple models of automatic tonometers starts at 1500 rubles, and for advanced models reaches 10000 rubles.
- Semi-automatic models cost an average of 1300-2000 rubles.
- Classic mechanical tonometer sold for 700-800 rubles.
In the following article, our experts will tell you how to choose the right tonometer for home use.