In the interior of the dwelling should not be imperfections: it is important to take care of each room, including a hallway and a corridor. Of great importance in the decoration of these rooms have wallpaper. Being one of the key elements of the design, they make the walls well-groomed and neat. Choice of wallpapers for the hallway and the corridor obeys a number of features. Before buying it is worth studying species, fashion shades, colors, combinations of drawing, texture and other nuances.
Wallpapers are a wall and ceiling finishing material of different types. This finish is internal. Wallpapers are sold primarily in the form of rolled products, although, thanks to modern production technologies, another type of material, packed in packages, is offered.
It is the type of wallpaper that determines the method of plastering the surface of the wall: they are glued as cuts of the desired length or smeared with a spatula.
In production, various raw materials are used, which determines the qualitative and operational characteristics of each type of wallpaper.
The most common materials are paper, textiles and vinyl. Today, this facing is much more interesting than the products of the Soviet Time: Modern manufacturers offer a wide range of goods, which is often an accent of the premises.
If it was previously thought that the wallpaper for the hallway and the corridor do not have much importance, today the opinion has changed radically: such a cladding contributes to the determination of the status of the home owners, it indicates their taste preferences and determines the aesthetic perception.
The choice of material is based on species knowledge. There are many of them, however, not all raw materials are suitable for an entrance hall or a narrow corridor. And the point is not at all in color: does not fit the texture and drawing, which either reduce the space of the already small rooms, or too light, or create a feeling of gravity. In addition, some varieties are not suitable for style.
The most popular varieties of finishing, which is relevant in almost every style of the interior composition, are wallpapers: paper, vinyl, fliesline, textile, under painting, liquid, glass, natural, 3D.
Rolled products differ in different widths, which is very convenient and allows you to salary the walls as accurately as possible, without bubbles and folds.
- Paper wallpaper – budget fabrics with paper base and drawing or photo printing applied to it. They differ thick, can be completely thin and divided into two categories: Simplex (single-layer) and duplex (duplex). The first of them is easier, cheaper and more difficult in sticking, the second is able to hold out on the walls of more than 5 years, without requiring a liner. These canvases are afraid of moisture, so when contacting with water can be separated from the walls.
- Vinyl Analogs are characterized by porous surface structure. Unlike paper canvases, they consist of two layers: vinyl vertex and fliselin substrate. Some products have a paper. This finish is expensive, although it does not justify its price, since after a while it highlights formaldehyde pairs into the air. Bright representatives of the species are the wallpaper with silk screening – smooth, solid and foamed canvas, whose coloring is embossed, from which the canvas are made similar to the fabric.
- Fliselinovye Wallpaper resemble vinyl. They are dense enough, made of polymers or textile fibers. Such canvases have breathability, they are refractory, resistant to ultraviolet, so fit into the hallway, a flooded sun. The texture is pleasant to the fact that it hides the small irregularities of the walls, which is a significant plus. However, phlizelin coatings accumulate dust on the surface and differ in the structure requiring gentle.
- Textile Wallpapers are similar to decorative coating with woven threads pasted on the paper basis. Threads can be intertwined or located in parallel (as close as possible). This finish is quite contradictory. It demonstrates the well-being of the owners of the house, but in pasting a rather capricious and does not allow the slightest glue to the surface of the front side. It is difficult to glue it, and it will also have to apply the composition only on the wall, which is not always convenient and enough for maximum clutch.
- Painting wall – wallpaper mainly white meter width, made on paper basis. The structure of the material is embossed, has a different simple drawing, more often similar to chaotic stucco. Due to the unusual relief when painting, an interesting pattern is created, while you can hide the irregularities of the wall. The material is attractive in that it can be painted repeatedly: the paint falls uniformly, painting all the deepening relief.
- The liquid wallpaper – Product of a new generation that is the only line of the inner wall finish is available in packages and resembles a glue cotton. And the similarity is not only external: the material is also diluted with warm water and give the right time (about a day), tightly closing the package. Ready Raw materials are smeared on the wall: the type of facing is the original, inhomogeneous, resembling an uneven mosaic. The uniqueness of the material is the ability to perform any drawing. To do this, after the primer on the wall draw the desired composition, then the wall is filled with different shades of wallpaper. The disadvantage of raw materials is the fear of entering the surface of the water.
- Glass equipment – peculiar material with fiberglass structure. It is manufactured by a special method resembling knitting. In the paper use glass. So that the material has acquired a steady shape, it is treated with special impregnations. Gymelomes are an original solution to the design of the hallway or corridor, they are not susceptible to rotting, it is acceptable, do not have harmful toxins and allow painting.
- Facing with 3D effect – a variety with a bulk (three-dimensional) image. The canvas with visual distortion can change the volume of space, so it is a relevant type of finish. 3D Wallpapers are dense, resistant to random mechanical damage. They do not burn and perfectly fall on the walls, without forming bubbles. However, with a lot of advantages, this finish does not always look well on the wall: so that the illusion is harmonious, you need a small print or more space.
- In ruler Natural Wallpapers included products from jute, leaves. In addition to them are interesting bamboo and cork covers. Compared to other analogues, these materials are quite expensive, although their qualitative characteristics are quite high. They are resistant to moisture, look advantageously and expensive, pull the design to the desired level of premium type and are combined with different decoration. Their distinctive feature is the shade of sand color and the appearance, which is far from the classical presentation.
What wallpaper to choose?
In a huge selection of wall finishing, it is difficult at first glance to buy what you need. Sometimes around the mass of options that will distract attention from the desired web.
In order not to get confused when buying, it is worth outtage of the algorithm:
- viewing the existing entrance hall or corridor;
- selection of shade and pattern taking into account space and lighting space;
- selection of the canvas in the store (several options);
- identifying advantages and minuses (method of sticking, complexity, abrasion resistance in mechanical exposure);
- calculation of the amount with respect to the compliance of the figure;
- Purchase based on value ratio and premium.
Wallpapers do not buy solely on the basis of the appearance. Of course, he should be beautiful and having a pleasant texture. However, this is not enough. Often, at first glance, the canvas seems special, and when repeated consideration annoys the eyes.
It is worth noting a few types of cloths, taking into account the irregularities of the walls, the thickness of the wallpaper, the relevance of their subjects in a particular interior composition.
To simplify the choice, you should take a note of several useful tips:
- The type of wallpaper should be “correct”: it is important to pay the attention of strength, the average thickness of the material, the absence of a porous structure (it is broken by small pieces with random mechanical exposure);
- Necessary thick and textured canvas are more difficult in facing, if the walls are irregularities, they can quickly move between joints;
- The cargo and a small strip in the interior of the hallway or the corridor create wall ripples: such drawings look great close, but they beat the eye;
- It’s time to forget about the standard solutions, today they are banal: depending on the picture, the wallpaper can be combined with paired rolls or glued on the wall horizontally;
- Large print wallpaper destroys a small space, so it will not work for a narrow corridor or a tiny hallway;
- If the room is narrow, you can break the steam wallpaper, drawing attention to the widths (for long sides it is better to choose one-photon fabrics);
- If the space is small, it is better to choose washable wallpapers: so you can extend the life of wall coverings and is easier to care for the cleanliness of the walls;
- If there are plastic panels in the interior of the hallway or the corridor, dense embossed wallpapers are suitable for them: they are better combined with smooth plastic texture.
It is necessary to pay attention to the details of the color combinations. Today glue on the wall wallpaper – it means to be a designer. Little to choose a beautiful drawing and an interesting foundation.
It is important to take into account the combination with the objects of the situation, the depth and saturation of the shade:
- Despite practical considerations, dark shades will create the illusion of the decrease in space, they will put pressure on the floor;
- You can not buy the canvas in one color with floorpad: this is how the feeling that the floor wrapped on the walls;
- If the hallway or corridor is replete with minor items, large print is excluded: it will create an atmosphere of disorder;
- If the color is selected, which is not in the interior of the room, do not do without support through design elements (hangers, lamps, lamps, rug);
- If the room has a window, the wallpaper is excluded in the color of the curtain (the walls should differ from the curtain).
Colors of wallpaper solutions for hallway and corridor multifaceted. No rigid framework: a thin taste is important. Some manages to perform design with the use of dark shades, and the hallway looks stylish and status. As a basis, you can take the ideas of experienced designers.
Conditionally all shades are divided into practical and beautiful. The first group includes a beige and divorced brown gamut. Of all the shades of the color palette, they most harmoniously fit into the interior of the hallway and the corridor. This is a classic, relevant outside the selection of style.
The second group canvases are divided into two types: pastel shades and saturated tones. The muffled light paints includes lilac, gray-pink, blue, turquoise and delicate peach shades. The bright tones of the palette include soft green, burgundy, wine red paints. The colors look muffled, due to the texture of the canvas look expensive and stylish.
As for white and yellow shades, their choice is not so popular. White color is brand, so it is not suitable for rooms with a big passability. Yellow is inferior to beige and dairy: so the walls look more premium. Black paints in the interior of the hallway and the corridor are inappropriate. Maximum that they are supposed to – decorate the elements of the wallpaper pattern (and then in small quantity).
Cleaning decoration – the topic is special. Each trading stamp seeks to release something unique that can attract the buyer. In terms of competition, the canvas differ in a variety of textures and drawing.
Wallpaper selection should obey the two rules:
The design takes into account several factors, among which the texture is of particular importance.
She may be:
- Smooth, so drawings have clear and expressive lines (lace and vegetable motifs, geometric shapes, flowers, striped wallpapers);
- with a relief pattern (including 3D), which allows the canvases to look at volume (velor wallpaper, embossing);
- With imitation of the texture of different materials (under laminate, tiled masonry, weaving, crocodile skin, turtle shell, zebra or python skin, with pebbles).
The main condition is the relevance: Wallpapers must be harmonized with the overall design idea, coincide at least in one shade with the existing situation, to comply with the necessary topics.
They must contribute to the premises of the note notes (warm shades) and home coat (eliminated metallated and fluorescent canvases, creating the illusion of discos). In general, the situation must correspond to the entire style of the apartment.
Glowing selected wallpaper
Wallpaper sticking is simple, however, many have a lot of questions. Some are interested in where to start the walls of the walls, others do not know how to beat the canvas. It may seem that each canvase has its tricks and features of the salary.
In fact, everything is not so difficult, as it may seem:
- If the walls were repaired by other wallpaper, they should be removed using a pulverizer and water (it’s easier to remove the old coating, the canvas are removed by large fragments, and at the same time there are practically no dust);
- On each roll there is a mixing method (sometimes it has a schematic representation);
- Thin canvas glue a mustache, overlapping one to another, dense wallpapers are glued close to each other (jack);
- Since the window rarely happens in these rooms, the first canvas are glued from the door, then go clockwise around and returned from the reverse side of the door;
- If the canvas are textured and dense, without a difference, from where to go: you can start working from the angle (you can make an angle without distortion and folds as much as possible);
- The design options are influenced by the designer options for wallpaper location: if it is a patchwork technique, carved fragments will have to stick from the middle or according to the applied markup.
Since the wallpaper of one design is boring, you can decorate the walls of the hallway and the corridor with various techniques of experienced stylists.
The most interesting decisions of the stylistics are:
- Horizontal combination – sticking of cloths perpendicular to the floor by alternating, taking into account the characteristics of the drawing (relevant for strips);
- Vertical alternation – Reception similar to the previous one, however with a small difference: the drawing is released less than a one-photon cloth (it is better to place the center of the print, along the edges start alternating, making one-photo stripes wider);
- Using two approximately identical shades – focusing of walls, unobtrusive contrast, distracting attention from unsightly corners of the room;
- Mix of monotonous wallpaper and painter cloths (or photo wallpapers) – the method of isolating the accent zone, in which they use different in the texture and the same combination of the color of the canvas, decorating a part of the wall or its entire bright spot by means of thematic drawing;
- Patchwork technique – stagnation on the wall of small fragments of different colors and a pattern of jack, cut into squares or rectangles (imitation of the patchwork);
- Punk inserts – creation of a home art gallery, which is carried out by gluing a small fragment on a one-photon coating, followed by framing in a frame from a baguette or ceiling plinth;
- focusing room features – deliberate underlining protrusions, niches, panels achieved by allocating them with contrasting wallpaper;
- Reception of zoning space – separation of the room into separate parts, the method of creating a clear organization, the visibility of the order;
- Method with panels – the original solution of the interior composition, in which the wallpaper is glued by the method of alternating, zoning or allocating design features (glued on the wall or panels themselves).
Beautiful photo of interior hallway
Entrance hall or corridor, “dressed” in different textured wallpapers, look elegant and cozy. The uniqueness of the wallpaper consists and that they are perfectly combined with white walls.
Colored and soft contrasts can provide a unique effect:
- The hallway and the corridor can be issued with different wallpaper, aligning the strip and vegetable lace in beige shades: an excellent solution to zoning combined rooms with a technique of a combination of wallpaper and panels;
- The design of a light hallway can be performed using paired wallpapers with a lace ornament: due to the interesting texture of the wall do not look boring, and the black focus of contrast will allow you to divert attention from the walls of the wall that reduces the useful area;
- You can make a royal design by combination of textured wallpaper of terracotta shade with beige panels: adding a picture and a mirror with gilding to the interior and supporting the idea through wall lamps with a gold trim, you can emphasize a special status;
- The original reception of the contrast of beige wallpapers with embossed and photoprost with forest topics in the form of the door will allow to enter space and warmth into space, filling the room with a special atmosphere;
- Fans of complex techniques will definitely like the interior composition, in which horizontal and vertical lines are combined: part of the wall can be focused, pickup wallpapers for the coloring of the floor covering;
- Walls of the hallway can be issued by fliseline wallpaper: to the columns and protrusions of the hallway, the canvas with relief textures, located horizontally (so that the harmony is perfect, it is worth supporting the shade of wallpaper with a rug, but another simple drawing).
About how to swing fliesline wallpaper, look in the following video.