Wallpaper today are one of the most popular finishing materials. They are long canvases that can be glued to the wall or ceiling. From the outside, they apply a special decorative layer, giving them uniqueness and practicality.
Wallpaper application technology is pretty simple, which allows it to use it, not even possessing certain experiences. But if it is incorrect to install the web, then this may lead to his bloating.
Wallpapers are a subtle material that is based on paper or other natural substances. Therefore, this product is not able to smooth almost all the irregularities of the wall. Sometimes after mounting on the surface of the wallpaper, bubbles appear, which reduce the decorative characteristics of the wall. To eliminate similar phenomena, the entire pasting process should be monitored. There are several main reasons leading to the blur of the surface:
- Draft. The cause of their occurrence may be slots or cracks on the walls. It does not allow the glue quickly and efficiently, which leads to bloating. Therefore, to eliminate such phenomena, it is necessary to carefully check the condition of the walls. All cracks are desirable to close high quality.
- Incorrect preparation of the foundation. Today, many apply wallpaper immediately on the walls, using only adhesive agent. But these surfaces are not always perfectly even, which affects the quality of pasting. To minimize the risk of bloating, it is necessary to allow sheets evenly and tightly to the ground. Therefore, it is desirable before installing the walls with a putty or remove the old painting layer. If the surface is normal, then it is necessary to primitive before applying glue. Such substances significantly improve product adhesion.
- Wet wall. Wallpaper pasting should be carried out only after the primer or putty on the wall will dry. It is possible to moisturize the surface with the help of glue, which is applied both on the wall and on the wallpapers.
- Uneven layer of the mixture under the surface. If the glue is constable to distribute, it will lead to the formation of bugs. After it drying, these shortcomings remain on paper that you need to additionally align. To prevent this, you should use high-quality adhesives, which are bred quickly and are even a dense mixture.
- Insufficient drying of glue. Almost all formulations applied to wallpaper installation contain water. Therefore, that the material is fixed on the wall, it is necessary that the moisture is removed, and only the binders remained. Drying wallpaper should occur only in the warm room and without drafts. If this is not observance, it can lead not only to the appearance of bubbles, but also full peeling.
Note, when the wallpaper can be slightly tightened, which leads to the appearance of small tubercles. But they should not be confused with bubbles, as they are stretched after drying. Swimming remains and in some cases it may even increase.
What to do?
Wallpaper blooms – it is not only ugly, but not practical. Over time, these shortcomings can be the causes of the material. It is determined by the fact that the air with moisture falls inside, which begins to inflate the base of the substance.
Remove bubbles on wallpaper after drying can be several main ways:
- Smoothing. It should be understood that this can only be fixed immediately after sticking or after a short time. To eliminate a bubble, you should take a special roller and try to dispersed the air to the sides. Thus, its distribution is carried out according to a significant area, where it is not so noticeable. If paper or vinyl wallpapers are swollen, then for their smoothing should be used a soft cloth. Please note that it is necessary to do it very carefully, since the strength of such surfaces is insignificant. An alternative option can be a plastic spatula, which can be handled different types of wallpaper.
- Piercing. Remove the blown on the dried wallpaper on the wall in a similar way, only if bubbles have small sizes. Pierce a small hole easily with the help of an ordinary needle. When the hole appears, it should be gently smooth out the surface of the wallpaper. If under the swelling there is frozen glue, then it is not possible to eliminate it, since the material forms a solid connection to the surface. The elimination of the adhesive solution is relevant only if the mixture did not completely dry.
- Cutting and syringe. This option is the most versatile. Suitable for work even with long bubbles that appeared on the surfaces. To eliminate bloating in a similar way, you need to stock up with liquid fresh glue, which is gained in the syringe. To eliminate the bubble, it must be accurately cut in one of the planes. It is important to do this in such a way as not to disrupt the structure of the main drawing.
After that, you need to drive the needle under the paper and squeeze some glue. When the paper softens, then you can try to smooth out the material with a rag, spatula or roller. In most cases, the glue goes through the gaps, then you need to wipe it out of wallpaper, not letting him dry.
Wallpaper on a flieslinic basis practically do not swell, as they differ in high strength. It is determined by the fact that their composition includes cellulose and several polymer components. But if they swelled, it means that the surface of the wall is not qualitatively aligned. Correct such a lack of phlizelin wallpaper can only disassembling the material with the subsequent surface alignment and the complete replacement of the finish.
How to punish?
It is difficult to prevent the appearance of bubbles much easier than to eliminate them. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor this phenomenon throughout the installation process of wallpaper. To paste them qualitatively, a certain sequence of actions should be observed:
- Preparation of walls. Before you start by pasting, you need to remove the old coating from the walls of the walls. If the plaster does not hold or the wall is uneven, then you need to additionally strengthen and align it. For this use special plasters and cement solutions.
- Choosing materials. The glue is selected on the basis of the technical parameters of the selected wallpaper. Experts are preferred only by high-quality foreign adhesives that quickly dissolve and hold firmly coating on the wall.
- Padding. Before applying glue, you need to cover the walls with primer. It not only increases adhesion, but also prevents the emergence of fungi and other similar phenomena.
- Oklayka. It is initially applied glue to the surface of the wall or on the inside of the wallpaper. Note that only the manufacturer indicates where and how much to apply products. It is important to uniformly distribute the mixture that should not contain lumps. When glue is applied, you can start fixing the canvas. A piece is applied strictly vertically relative to some plane. Try to immediately immediately arrange it in the right place. Paper wallpaper quickly twisted that it does not always allow them to move them to align. But better materials are perfectly amenable to correction, which greatly simplifies work with them.
- Alignment. To get a flat surface without bubbles, it is necessary to smooth out the wallpaper. When the leaf is aligned, you can proceed to removal of glue and air. Start it on top of the canvas and move down, straightening the surface with a spatula. Please note that it is advisable to start from the center and move the tool on the parties. Thus, wallpapers are not only leveled, but also “kicking out”. If necessary, it is necessary to remove excess solutions and align the cloth along the pasting.
All other bands glued in the same way. It is important not to fix the ends of the sheet here, and then move to its middle. It is necessary to carry out everything on the contrary, which will exclude the appearance of airbags and bubbles, respectively. If still bloat appeared, then you need to cut the paper a little and drive out the air, then tightly gluing the material to the wall. When the canvas does not fit smoothly with other surfaces, then it is better to cut it with a sharp stationery knife. It is best to perform it when the material completely dry or immediately after sticking, while still paper has become too soft.
Removal of air from wallpaper is a simple operation requiring only desires and a little time. It is important to observe accuracy here to get a high-quality surface with minimal damage.
On how to remove bubbles on the wallpaper, see the following video.