In recent years, it has quite popular to finish the walls in the corridor with decorative bricks. And this is no accident, since such a finish allows you to make the interior more functional and for a long time retains its beautiful appearance.
Pros and cons of use
Decorative brick, which are lined with walls in the hallway, has quite a few advantages:
- Such a coating will allow you to hide all the irregularities of the designs.
- It is durable, does not rub himself, as it often happens with wallpaper on the protruding parts of the rooms.
- This is a rather lightweight material that does not waste the walls, they will not need additional strengthening.
- A large selection of textures and colors of this finishing material will help you create a unique interior.
- Decorative bricks are pretty easy to care, dirt and dust with them easily rubbed with a damp cloth.
- They are not afraid of moisture and temperature drops, they will not crack and will not lose appearance with aggressive environmental impact.
- Such a coating increases the noise and thermal insulation of the room.
- In case of damage to one or more masonry fragments, it is possible to replace only these elements, without disassembling the entire wall.
- Prices for this facing material are different, and everyone will be able to choose a decorative brick on his pocket.
But there is such brickwork and disadvantages. The main one is some species of this coverage are quite fragile and we must be extremely careful when laying them.
Artificial brick species in the building materials market, which are used for interior decoration of houses, and in particular, corridors are a huge set, and it is necessary to initially figure out what they differ.
Quite often decorative bricks called Clinker tiles. This is a kind of ceramic material that has a rough or smooth surface. It is easy, quite durable, has a minimum thickness and rich color gamut.
This type of decorative decoration is perfect for facing fireplaces and stoves, if they are installed in the lobby, as it is heat-resistant.
To one more type of decorative bricks can be attributed Cement products. This material is manually manufactured by kneading the solution from sand, clay and water and giving it a form with formwork. This finishing material resembles an ordinary brick, but unlike its analogue, it is quite fragile and you need to be especially careful when laying. But the surface of this finish is very interesting, textured.
True, when careing cement bricks need to remember that it is not necessary to moisturize this material, otherwise it can simply spoil, in addition, the use of any chemicals for cleaning it is also prohibited.
This material is environmentally friendly, does not cause allergies. Walls decorated with cement bricks can freely “breathe”. The disadvantage of such a coating is that, when laying this material, a lot of dust and debris is formed, as well as the fact that during operation you need to maintain constant air humidity not more than 50% to preserve the integrity of the fragments.
Recently, to improve operational properties in the production of cement brick, manufacturers add various polymers, marble and granite crumbs.
Another type of decorative brick is a gypsum stone. This is the most inexpensive of the materials presented here for the trimming of corridors, hols and hallways. It weighs quite a little, so it is possible to mount it even on plasterboard sheets. The disadvantages of this material are its fragility and the need for pretty dry air (the humidity of the room should also not exceed 50%).
With an increased indicator, bricks can simply become fragile and collapse. But modern technologies have practically solved this problem. After decoration of the wall, this material is covered with a special varnish with a water-repellent effect, and this procedure significantly increases the life of the gypsum brick.
Flexible tile under the brick allows you to separate the room both inside and outside. It perfectly opposes temperature and humidity drops, has high indicators of noise insulation. Put such a tile easily, it does not crumble, bend well, therefore does not require a completely smooth surface.
If you have columns in your corridor and you want to decorate them with brickwork – this material will be an indispensable assistant to you, since it is easily envelopes all the corners and circles.
You can also buy whole panels that imitate brickwork from various materials: MDF, PVC, FLOPLOBETON. This will facilitate work on laying this facing material, especially if you cover them all the entire walls of the corridor.
Methods of room design
You can arrange the walls of the corridor in different ways.
For this use several techniques:
- You can make a facing of the entire room. For this brick masonry covered all walls from the ceiling to floor around the perimeter of the room.
- You can decorate with decorative bricks only one wall, and the rest paint the paint or go to wallpaper.
- Also quite often, using such laying, especially protruding parts of the corridor are protected. Such a cladding allows you to protect the wallpaper and paintwork from abrasion.
- With this material, it is an emphasis on certain details of the interior, for example, to highlight the door or put the location of the mirror, lay out the arch.
- Pretty popular mimic on the walls using this facing material. Destroyed surfaces. For this wall laid material not entirely, but only from the bottom, changing the height of the cladding in such a way as to simulate the collapsed wall.
The brick wall is a fairly popular decor element in many modern corridor design styles.
Here are some of them, where this type of finish is an integral part:
- Pop Art. Bright colors prevail in this style. The wall here is better to lay out the bricks of a natural terracotta shade, and it is possible to reinforce this cladding in orange tones or bright textiles on a banquette.
- Loft. Factory Style will not hide without brick wall. Here the facing can be of any color – from white, white-gray to dark brown. It will be perfectly combined with a hanger of pipes or a concrete ceiling of gray.
- High tech. This style also allows the use of brick masonry on the wall. Here it should be neat, its surface is close to perfect.
- Country style Brick wall If it is applied, it must migrate the natural coating as much as possible, and the laid out of non-professional, with different thickness of the seams, with possibly waving over the surface of the clay. This will create a rustic image in the interior.
- In Scandinavian style You can also find a place for such a wall cladding in the corridor. She will give the interior of strictness, while adding the trends of past centuries.
- In gothic or ethno-interior Cold Brick Wall will also be appropriate.
Color range of decorative bricks for finishing corridors is quite extensive. Coloring selection depends only on personal preferences and intended design of this room. Many believe that the corridor is quite dark area that needs to add light. In this regard, it is used to finish the walls of white or tone brick, close to white with a beige or gray tint.
Such colors and truth can make a lighter room, in addition, these shades are able to visually increase the narrow corridors of our apartments, making them visually more extensive.
White brick will give a more noticeable effect, if you choose it with a glossy surface. In addition, blond tones refresh, making the interior of the closed space of the corridor easier.
Some, on the contrary, choose the color of the decorative brick darker. This is due to the fact that in the corridors and hallways the walls are fast enough dirty shoes, bicycles, strollers and many others, and the dirt on white coating will be immediately noticeable. And dark tones are able to disguise it, especially since some types of coating are quite capricious in terms of contact with water.
And light and dark decorative brick can be both monophonic and with all sorts of splashes that imitating natural brickwork thus. Such a brick is pretty hard to pick up in color. Therefore, now in construction stores you can purchase a special coating that allows you to smooth out the splits of color, in addition, it can even hide small defects and chips on the surface of the bricks.
Variants of imitation
Many wonder how you can simulate masonry on the wall of the corridor with white brick. Make it pretty just. There are several ways to help you make such a design.
If you live in a brick house and the partitions of your dwelling are also made of bricks, then you just need to clean the wall from plaster. To do this, you can use the grinding machine and remove the entire layer of the finish coating, reaching the cherished masonry. Then you should clean the surface of the wall from dust and dirt. To do this, you need to buy a special oxygen-containing composition, which will also help remove the remains of the cement mortar, and process them the entire surface.
Then it is necessary to align the seams between the bricks, giving them a more presentable view. You can do it with grouting or putty.
Then the wall need to rinse and treat the primer. Give the surface to dry completely, after which it is covered with water based lacquer. Then you need to paint the wall in white and covered with varnish again. In this case, the finishing coating can be chosen both with glossy and with matte glitter.
From pieces of foam, you can cut the necessary bricks, using a screwdriver to change the flat surface of this material, which simulates the sloping brick, glue parts onto the wall into the disintegration and paint the wall into white, covering it in the lacquer finals. This option is suitable for trimming temporary dwellings, as well as country houses – a rather cheap way to simulate a white brick wall.
Examples of the design of the hallway
A corridor or an entrance hall – one of the most frequently discharged rooms with decorative bricks. Here are some examples how you can apply this cladding in such a not a simple room.
White wall, fully lined with decorative brick, in a narrow corridor visually spreads space.
Decorative bricks can decorate even the door, thereby hide it by combining into one piece with the wall.
Brickwork can only be in niche and be an excellent basis for paintings or other similar accessories.
Fragmental laying on the wall in the hallway will close the place that is very high likely to get stain.
Beautiful ideas in the interior
Urban style in the hallway of modern housing is quite appropriate. Here, the street with a carriage depicted on the door, goes into a brick wall of the building, which is part of the corridor.
The wall, decorated with white aged brick, combined with metal shelves for the garage gives a pretty interesting and functional interior of the hallway in the style of loft.
Brutal decoration of a gray wall with a fragment of a brickwork contrasts with a glamorous velvet purple bench – a pretty brave and original interior for the design of the corridor.