Caterpillars are dangerous pests that are able to destroy the health of plants. Often they attack roses. In such situations, you need to immediately take all the necessary actions to save the flowers from the caterpillars. In this article we will tell you what can be done for this.
Signs of the appearance of caterpillars
For the state of roses, it is advisable to constantly monitor to detect any problems associated with their health in time. We learn what facts will indicate that the plant eats the caterpillar.
- Small holes appear on the leaf. They are squaring these pests. Over time, only thin bodies remain from the leaves of roses.
- When there are no scum nor pestles in roses bud, It also suggests that the caterpillars visited here. It is very important for this to pay attention.
- Petals on roses flowers can be splashed, If their caterpillars eaten.
- Because of the attacks of the caterpillars, the appearance of decorative plants strongly suffers. If there are such pests, then roses quickly lose the former attractiveness.
- It is often possible to notice that the leaves and roses and buds are wounded by the web. This is due to the fact that the larvae of caterpillars thus form for themselves shelter during development.
Many gardeners are interested, how we need to act correctly, if the caterpillars actively eat the foliage of roses, and all the colors are completely shrouded. In such a situation, nothing else remains, except to remove the affected plants.
Only in this way it will be possible to prevent the emergence of new generations of dangerous pests.
How to get rid of chemicals?
Many gardeners decide exactly how to destroy the caterpillars, based on the volume of lesions to which they managed to bring. There is a huge number of special chemicals of various mechanisms of impact. With their help, it is possible to effectively deal with larvae, as well as protect the floral landing from subsequent pest attacks.
Consider the characteristics of some chemicals that turn out to be the most effective in the fight against caterpillars attacking roses.
- “Nitrophen”. This tool will allow to get rid of caterpillars in the early stages. For this flowers spray early in spring. The considered fungicide with high efficiency destroys the larvae of the caterpillars in the early stages of their development. After processing the plant still remains protected over the next 60 days. The only spraying is enough to ensure trouble-free blossoms throughout the season. It will take 10 liters of cold water to dissolve only 300 ml of drug. Usually roses are treated using a watering can or spray.
- “Aktara”. Treat landing from parasites can also be this popular. Thanks to him, rosing roses from dangerous insects is possible literally after the first application. The drug acts systemically, can penetrate the structure of sheet plates. “Aktara” does not wash off rain and never ceases to act because of high temperatures. Poison properties are present within 30 days. The drug is divorced in warm water: 10 liters of liquid should be taken only 8 g.
- “Aktellik”. Fighting with caterpillars attacking roses, and this effective means. It is considered professional, perfectly suitable for the destruction and indoor, and garden pests. You can process plants at any time of their vegetation. The most powerful effect of the drug is observed in the first couple of hours. It is at this time that parasites receive the greatest dose of poison. To properly prepare the solution “AcTellica”, it is necessary to take 2 liters of cold water and dissolve 2 ml of the drug itself.
The best folk remedies
Fighting caterpillars destroying luxury flowers, you can not only with chemicals, but also a different folk remedies. These include the simplest options. For example, high efficiency can demonstrate garlic, grained or wormwood. Consider in more detail what folk remedies are best struggling with caterpillars.
This is a simple tool is very effective if the flowers are amazed by the caterpillars of green, black shades, as well as tool or leafletters. To save roses, you need to pour out ash on flower bed, after which it is careful watering. Due to this, all components of ash will be able to penetrate the juice of plants by making them bitter and completely tasteless for pests. Gola is allowed to process and flower bush itself.
Correctly prepared solution provokes strong irritation from the tracks, because of which they try to get out as soon as possible.
A good facility in the fight against caterpillars – a hollow tincture. To prepare it, you need to take 1 kg of wormwood, pour it 3 l of water. The composition must be boiled about 20 minutes. 2 hours later, as soon as the decoction with bitter flavors trimmed well, they are treated with pests attacked by pests.
And it is also necessary to pour the ground around the plants.
At home, you can prepare an effective mortar. To make a similar means, you need to take a third bucket of burdock leaves. To the very top they need to pour water. The mixture is left to appease for 3 days. As soon as this time passes, the tincture will need to strain. Ready tool you can irrigate roses.
This is a very effective means of caterpillars. They enjoy many flower and gardeners. To properly prepare a solution of the ground, take 5 kg of plants leaves, after which they are boiled in 10 liters of water for 4 hours. After that, the exhaust is carefully filled with, and then bred in 4 liters of water. The resulting liquid is treated with flowers attached by caterpillars.
The solution prepared from the economic soap is very often used in the fight against pests attacking plants and in the garden, and at home. For cooking, carefully crushed the economic soap. Do it best on the grater. Then the main component is poured with warm water. When soap pieces dissolve in liquid, it irrigates all the affected plant by means of a sprayer.
To save roses from dangerous pests, you can use a solution prepared from fresh greenery of young garlic. It will simply be needed to pour water, after which you leave to appease for a day. After the process of filping the resulting infusion, it will be necessary to apply on the entire floral shrub.
A good facility in the fight against caterpillars – tobacco dust. It is considered universal and helps to get rid of almost all pests affecting plants. So, to save roses from attacks of caterpillars, you need to sprinkle them with a prepared tobacco dust. It is necessary to do this at the rate of 30-50 g per 10 kV.M.
Many flowerflowers prefer to drive out caterpillars from roses by nettle. For this prepare the free bucket and fill it with freshly chopped nettle. Next to it poured water to the edges. It is recommended to use rainwater. The mixture should be left for 12-24 hours, but it is not necessary to allow fermentation. The finished composition is used in the fight against the caterpillars.
In addition, the spectacular tincture acts on the plants with a stuffing.
To protect beautiful plants from eating tracks, it is advisable to resort to various preventive measures. Consider what exactly the most effective prevention of caterpillars on roses is.
- You can with the onset of early spring cheat special traps for butterflies. It is the larvae of these insects that cause very much harm with floral buds.
- As soon as the roses buds completely reveal, it is necessary to regularly examine the stalks regularly. This is explained by the fact that it is often madges that need to delete in a timely manner.
- Until that moment, the buds do not dissolve, roses make sense to spray “nitrophen”. In May, for spraying should be used “Bifentrin”.
Consider several useful councils to eliminate caterpillars affecting roses.
- We must especially closely monitor the flowers that grow in the shade. Invasion of parasites they are most often.
- Processing damaged flowers with chemicals, It is very important to use security tools. We are talking about respirators, rubber gloves. After completing all the procedures, it is necessary to wash your hands very carefully and abundantly and the face with water with soap.
- If the treatment of “Aktellik” is used to treat plants, then to strengthen its effect, processing is recommended to be carried out in quiet and dry weather. The best time is morning and evening.
- If you have noticed that foci appeared on the upper sections of the shoots, Damaged pests, then they will need to excise as soon as possible. Sections of cuts will need to handle copper vigorous.
- It is strongly recommended to care for roses and always keep under control of their health. So it will be possible to prevent the appearance of parasites or to get rid of them in a timely manner.