Gooseberry is a rather prolific plant, it is able to give very high yields. This means that adult shrub needs support and a full-fledged nutrient complex. Shrub care begins with early spring, as soon as snow comes.
The need for procedure
The summer period is filled with hassle and numerous concerns about gardening and garden plants for good crop. But spring is a jerk in a long distance run, spurt at the start. March, and in the northern regions April – the time of the care and harvesting of protective shelters, autumnal cap, conducting sanitary and forming trimming, sanitary treatments.
The whole complex has certain goals:
- stimulation of growth and development;
- increase in yield and improving taste of berries;
- Replenishing the missing organic, mineral substances, as well as macro, microelements in the soil.
Fertilizer’s application is included in the complex of garden events at the beginning of the growing season. Shrub of sufficient nutrients in the first 3 years after planting a seedling, but then there is a need for additional nutrition.
As you know, gardeners enjoy ready-made purchased and folk remedies, that is, cooked at home, as well as natural. The latter includes manure, humus, bird litter, compost, wood ash. They contribute at the first stage of the feeding With the addition of urea, potassium, superphosphate. After making fertilizers, the rolling circle should be covered with a layer of mulch.
The time of the next feed – May, during flowering and bootonization. It can be fertilized by the onion of the husk (200 g per 10 liters of boiling water) or feed the decoction of wood ash at the rate of 1 kg per 50 g of household soap. Often use fertilizer with potato starch: from 200-300 grams Keelle is boiled, which is then bred by 10 liters of water. The humus is made not only in dry form, but also in liquid – 1 part of the substance for 3 parts of water. The solution is withstanding 3 days, then re-bred with clean water 1: 2.
Mind-in-law includes macro and trace elements.
- Nitrogen and phosphorus,
- Potassium and calcium, magnesium, sulfur and iron.
To trace elements: Bor and manganese, copper, zinc, iodine and molybdenum. All of them are needed for a large harvest, contained in organic and mineral fertilizers and differ in time and method of application.
Charm of organic fertilizers in their availability and low price, if only it is not about buying a manure and humus. At the same time, the compost is not worth nothing but its own work, and wood ash can always be mined independently on any plot. One of the most common types of organics – manure. Among his species, horse is considered the most valuable, then there is a sheep and goat, following the queue there are cow, pork, And the latter cannot be used earlier than two years old – it is too aggressive.
Such substances significantly strengthen the immunity of the gooseberry, positively affect its development, stimulate the growth of the root system, help build up the vegetative part. Sometimes a sawdust material is used, however, it is necessary to remember – young sawdust stretches from soil nitrogen. You should use either well-sustained or fresh but nitrogen-enriched.
As for bird litter, shrubs and trees as well as herbaceous, perceive it with gratitude, because it is used to increase the content of humus and calcium, and you can make it several times per season.
This category includes everything that is made with their own hands – various infusions, mixes, solutions, hoods. These can be solutions of substances that are not related to the garden-garden sphere, for example, solutions of mangartage, soda and others.
These also applies biomass from various components:
- manure and chicken litter, tops and straw;
- annual and perennial weeds, crushed remnants of cardboard;
- foliage, small branches, wood bark, fought vegetables and fruits, egg shell.
It takes from 1 year to 2 years, but the quality of such fertilizer is at height. Sowing Sideratov throughout the season – also one of the options, how to improve the composition and structure of the soil.
Feeding should be carried out in stages, considering at what time the gooseberry needs certain elements. To feed the gooseberry in early spring, to provide it with food after winter, starts events after melting of snow, removal of protective coating and “fire” processing.
Verified scheme of a phased algorithm.
- The first feeding is carried out before the onset of the growing season when the shrub is especially required nitrogen. It stimulates active green mass extension. Urea granules simply scatter under the bushes before flowering and add the organic.
- Conducting the second stage in April, during flowering. At this time, you can already be prepared from young nettle “green tea” (fermented infusion), use a solution of superphosphate for extra-corner feeding.
- The next spring feeding takes place at the request of the emergence of. In addition to mineral fertilizers, folk remedies are used for spraying – infusion of nettles, pyrms, calendulas, chamomiles and T.D.
At this spring feeding ends, all subsequent are held in the summer. It should be remembered that the introduction of the root method is combined with watering 3-4 buckets of water. This not only helps the uniform distribution of fertilizers, but also protects the root system from burns. At the gooseberry, as well as the whole group of gooseberry, there is one feature – an excess of moisture leads to the appearance of mildew. Considering this, it is desirable to carry out root and extractive meal during sustainable dry weather when watering will not harm plants.
One of the most common gooseberry problems is a torpid dew, as already noted above. Prevention of such trouble requires certain events.
- For reproduction you can not smear infected plants. Material take only healthy and strong bushes.
- The entire area should be kept clean, without weighing herbs, fad, broken branches. In the fall, affected foliage is subject to mandatory burning.
- Sanitary trim help get rid of patients with escapes. Since the gooseberry shrub is rather thick, it is necessary to ensure that the mean can be ventilated, even in forced.
- Phosphorian Potasy PreparationsEnhance the resistance of the plant with mildew.
- Processing of affected plants spend several times, At the same time, the composition of the feeder taking into account the problem.
Another problem of the gooseberry, requiring the frequent attention of the gardener, is pests. Leaf-mating notes, fire and sawmaker are able to cause serious harm to the plant, about the loss of crop and say no. Insects are able to destroy him at all. Spring feeding can be combined with simultaneous sanitary processing. Some types of mineral fertilizers can be used as fungicides, in other means you can add.
- Urea destroys pests, If it treat plants at that time, when the opal is most of the leaves. To do this, it is necessary to prepare a solution in proportions of 700 g per 10 liters of water and spray all plants and soil.
- Potassium chloride will help in the fight against tool and medaler. Spraying by this drug leads to flax of foliage, pest death, improves the quality of berries and the resistance of the gooseberry to drought.
- Mineral complexes “Polyimicro”, “Ryazan”, “Sudarushka”, “ABC” And others with the addition of fungicides in their composition are perfect as antifungal drugs.
The content of the gooseberry in a healthy form will help timely loosening and weeping of the priority zone. Immerse the tool to the ground by more than 7 cm can not, because you can damage the roots.
Such a depth is enough to provide oxygen access and remove weeds that are provocatives of fungi appearance in the root zone.