Natural feeding are now very popular among gardeners. Well works as a fertilizer ordinary wood ash. It can be used not only for feeding peppers, but also to protect them from various pests and diseases.
Pros and cons
Wood ashes receive as a result of the burning of various organic materials. Its composition directly depends on the raw materials used for this. Wood ashes contain a large number of useful trace elements.
- Phosphorus. This element requires plants for the rapid development of the root system. Undercalinking peppers ash is useful at the stage of disembarking seedlings in the ground. For fertilizer pepper seedlings, it is best to use ash, obtained after burning coniferous trees.
- Potassium. This substance contributes to the rapid restoration of the water balance of the plant. So that the composition was saturated with potassium, burn solid wood.
- Calcium. This element contributes to the rapid growth of bushes. Especially rich in potassium ash, which remains after burning deciduous trees.
- Copper. If this substance peppers is missing, they begin to dilige.
- Magnesium. This element allows you to speed up the flowering of plants.
Use only high-quality ash for fertilizer and other crops. Do not burn chipboard, DVP, treated with varnish or paint materials. And among the incisible raw materials should not be rubber, colored paper, synthetics and cellophane. It is not recommended to burn and household waste. High-quality ash is prepared from branches, remnants of plants and cropping boards not processed by varnish.
This natural fertilizer has advantages, and disadvantages. To begin with, it is worth talking about his main advantages. High-quality wood ash:
- increases the frost resistance of seedlings;
- enhances the immune system of peppers;
- accelerates their growth;
- stimulates the flowering and fruiting of peppers;
- helps to deoxine the soil;
- prevents the appearance of fungal diseases;
- Protects the plant from pests.
At the same time use ash too often. This can lead to the following negative consequences:
- oversaturing soil with nitrogen;
- an acid-alkaline balance failure;
- damage to the root system.
But if you make this fertilizer correctly, there will be no negative consequences.
Preparation of solution
As a rule, wood ashes contribute into the soil in the form of a solution. Before cooking, the product must be carefully sifted. After that, you can start cooking fertilizer. You can do this in several ways.
Option number 1
First of all 1 cup of wood ash pour 1 liter of pure water heated to 30-40 degrees. Use recommended the most soft water, for example, rain or well-defined.
After that, the infusion should stand 10-12 hours in a warm place. Ready mixture must be thoroughly strain. Before use, the solution must be dissolved in 10 liters of water so that its concentration is not too strong. Next, this mixture should be treated with land around peppers.
Option number 2
There is another way to prepare an ash solution. It takes a little longer, but the solution is obtained more efficient.
To prepare it, you need to take a 10-liter bucket and fall asleep 1 liter of ash. Next you need to pour it clean water. After that, put a mixture in a warm place for 3 days. From time to time it must be stirred. After this period, the solution must be strain, and then process them peppers.
Option number 3
This tool can be used in preventive purposes. For its preparation 2 glasses of sainted ash, it is necessary to pour 1 liter of boiled water. Then this mixture must be put on a slow fire and boil it for half an hour. After this time, the solution to strain, and then add 9 liters of pure water to it. There you also need to pour a soap chips.
For the preparation of the solution, it is best to use a household soap.
After cooking, the mixture should be pouring into the sprayer. You can handle peppers in the finished solution both in the open ground and in the greenhouses. After spraying the plant, we must abundantly water a few more days.
Feed peppers can and dry ash. This will prevent the appearance of various fungal diseases. Impact dry feeding recommended in the rain. Sprinkle at the same time it is not a root zone, but aide.
When and how to feed?
Fertilize Bulgarian pepper is best in the morning or late in the evening. If you do this day, sun rays can burn young leaves. Pepper seedlings need to feed twice. And in the first, and the second time it is best to water the plants with an ash solution.
The number of further feeding depends on the quality of the soil and features of plant development.
When the first leaves will appear on young plants, you can spend the first feeding. In order for the peppers fully developed, 3 parts of the superphosphate, 3 parts of the water, 1 part of ammonia nitrate, as well as 1 part of potassium are needed to be fully developed. A few hours before processing peppers need to pour, using warm water for this.
The mixture itself before processing must be carefully stirred. Under each bush brought 1 tablespoon of the prepared solution. Use a dry product at this stage is not worth it, because all the beneficial substances should get to the roots of plants as quickly as possible.
14-20 days after the first feeding, it is possible to repeat plants. This time, not 1, and 2 tablespoons of the ash mixture are brought under each bush. Concentration should be the same as in the first case.
Adding to Lunki
When transplanting seedlings to the ground in the wells you need to add 1 tablespoon of ash. Before use, you need to mix with the Earth. Because ashes – this is a caustic fertilizer, if you miss this stage, he hurts pepper roots.
After feeding the land around the plants you need to pour well. This tool disinfects the ground, nourishes the plants and allows them to be rooted faster and go to growth.
In the event that when the seedlings are seedlings, the aspirate was not introduced into the wells, it is possible to make a feeder only after 2-3 weeks. During this time, plants will be able to root well. Fertilizer must be made to each plant. Enough 1 liter of cooked mixture. The solution must be room temperature, otherwise the root system simply stops his height indefinitely.
Treatment of seeds
Many gardeners are preferred before landing seed into the ground soak them in an ash solution. He disinfects them perfectly, and also stimulates the active growth of young seedlings. For the preparation of the solution use 20 grams of ash and liter of water. Seeds are soaked in it for a day. After this period, they need to rinse well, and then dry. For the preparation of a solution for processing seeds, it is better to use advanced water.
Often, the ash solutions contribute during the flowering of peppers. During this period, they especially need potash-phosphate feeders. Most often, such a feeding is made in June. Cooked in advance ash need to scatter around each heater pepper. One square meter will require 200 grams of dry ash. After making the ashes of land around the plants, it is necessary to break well, and then ridiculously pour warm water.
And the plants can be filled with ashes and if they are subjected to pest attack. For this purpose, the bushes can be sprinkled with sifted through a sieve aside or spray with soap-solid.
You can apply this method of combating pests both in open beds and in greenhouses made from polycarbonate. Sprayed bushes best in the evening day. The weather should be windless and dry.
Feeding plants ash, you need to stick to certain rules.
- If the product is entered into the soil in a dry form, Doing the fertilizer of peppers need in a protective mask and gloves. So that the ash at sifting does not fall into the eyes, spend this procedure worth it with glasses. The remains of the ashes need to be stored in an inaccessible to the children dry.
- It is impossible to use wood ash and fresh manure. This will lead to the fact that both products will not have due influence on the development of the plant.
- Do not use ash and together with urea, Selitra and other nitrogen-containing feeders.
- Adult plants can be picked up with a solution prepared using herbal beam, and not water. The benefits of such a means for treating plants are much higher.
- If the beds are not closed, Each feeder must accompany the shallow jam.
- Since the peppers love heat, for watering after feeding it is worth using slightly heated water. Water is also suitable, which for a whole day defended in barrels or buckets.
- Clay soils can be fertilized after the earth popling. Sand and sandy soils fertilize ashes in spring after snow. Do this in order for thawing water and the first spring rains not washed off the useful fertilizer.
Summing up, we can say that Such a folk agent like ash can serve as an excellent alternative to chemicals. If you observe the correctness of the dosages, feed peppers on time, the plants will be healthy, and the crop – big.
About how to feed the pepper ashes, look next.