- Authors: Maskalek A.BUT., Mashtakova A.NS., Dubinin S.IN., Mashkops N.BUT.
- Year of assumptions: 2004
- Category: Hybrid
- Type of growth: Determinant
- Purpose: Fresh use
- Ripening time: Early
- Timing of ripening, days: 95-105
- Growing conditions: For open soil, for film greenhouses
- Marketability: High
- Transportability: Yes
See all the characteristics
Hybrid cultures are becoming increasingly popular at the expense of their unique characteristics. Tomato Fire Bird belongs to such varieties.
History of removal
The variety belongs to the domestic selection and was derived in 2004. The authors were speakers. BUT., Mashtakova A. NS., Dubinin S. IN., Mashkops N. BUT. The hybrid was displayed for cold regions, so the drops of temperature and freezing is not terrible to him.
Description of varieties
Sorted average and refers to determinant cultures. The height of the bush is no more than 90 cm. Stem strong and thick, crown scattered. Although the bush is not so big, it is still worth tapping to spicks or trellis.
Leaves small, elongated and with a pointed end. Color plates saturated green. On edging there are large jar.
It is recommended to form 1-2 stems. The first bud ripens at a height of 6-7 sheets from the ground level. Follow-up – every 2. Inflorescence in the variety intermediate. At the trunk is formed up to 5 brushes, they ripen from 5 to 7 fruits.
The advantages include:
- taste qualities;
- Compact bushes;
- unpretentious care;
- good tolerance of a short drought;
- frost resistance;
- storage time;
From minuses can be noted:
- The need to clinge to the support.
The main qualities of fruits
Fruits flat-circular shapes. Tomato weight is 130-150 g. With proper feeding and care, fruits can grow up to 250 g.
The skin is smooth, dense and completely not susceptible to cracking. Orange peel orange.
Meat juicy, fleshy, sweet. Inside 1-2 large seed cameras. Seeds in them a little, they are small and completely not felt.
The variety is suitable for consuming fresh, cooking juices, sauces, ketchups and marinations.
Tomato Fire Bird has a unique and original taste. There is a sweet aftertaste and the presence of high content of ascorbic acid and other vitamins.
Ripening and fruiting
The hybrid refers to early cultures with a maturity of 95-105 days. Although the fruits are formed at the same time, the variety stretched fruit. On one brush, there can be completely matured tomatoes and those that only pick up the color.
With 1m2 removed to 13.3 kg of vegetables.
Dates of landing on seedlings and landing in the ground
Sowing seeds produce 55-60 days before landing in the ground, that is, in early March. For this prepared seedlings. Earth is poured into them, everything is abundantly shed water. The wells are formed a depth of 2 cm.
Seeds are soaked in melt water, then treated with potassium permanganate solution and a preparation for growth stimulation. After sowing the soil again watering with water, closes with a film and put on the windowsill. After 5-7 days, the seeds will turn.
Water seedlings standing through the pulverizer 1-2 per week. Picking is carried out after a seedling has 2 strong leaflets.
The room temperature should not be lower than +18 degrees. Hybrid leaflets need to be protected from long straight rays. It can lead to burns.
Feeding introduce as needed, especially when inconspicable growth dynamics.
In early May, the seedlings are put on the street for acclimatization. In the soil transplanted when the daily air temperature warms up to +16 degrees.
The main stages of growing seedlings at home
Preparation of seeds
Basic preparation methods: Warming, disinfection, soaking in growth stimulants, bubbling, hardening, germination. These technicians are aimed at different results and have a different purpose.
According to experts, preliminary soaking can increase yields by 30%. The duration of soaking is determined depending on the solution used and the quality of seeds.
What kind of soil to choose for seedlings
Land for planting tomato seeds house should not be taken from the garden. The soil for seedling tomato should have good breathability, provide the necessary level of humidity, and the pH acidity level should be about 6.5 units.
On 1 m2 it is recommended to plant 5-6 bushes. The hybrid is compact, it will not discard the shadow and will not interfere with his neighbors.
Growing and care
Before boarding, the selected area is drunk and watering water. Wells are formed a depth of 15 cm. On the bottom of the pits, you can pour an ammonary nitrate or nitroammophos for stimulating the growth and rooting of the root system.
In order for good yield indicators, it is necessary to perform a number of agrotechnical techniques.
- Watering should be carried out 1-2 times a week. With dry weather, the frequency can be increased. Water must be stood and warm. It is entered only under the root and in the evening when the sun will not be in the active phase. Do not water leaves, it can lead to the development of fungal diseases.
- Tied up the bushes due to the fruit. For a compact bush, they are sweaty and can reach ground. The crown can also be taught to subsequently it was convenient to collect fruits.
- Feeding it is worth making several times per season. The first happens after the seedlings were transplanted into the ground. Eats all nitrogen-containing minerals. It will help the bustle to develop well and gain color. During the formation of obscenities, potassium and phosphorus are best used.
- Loose and remove weeds worth a timely manner. Optimally – every two weeks. If there is no such possibility, then the mulch of sawdust or hay is laid out around the busta. Such a layer will not exist to the weeds, while will keep moisture.
- Steaming is carried out as needed. This moment is one of the most important, as the bush is easy to overload.
How and than feed tomatoes?
At each stage of growth, various trace elements are needed. All fertilizers can be divided into two groups: mineral and organic. Folk remedies are often used: iodine, yeast, bird litter, egg shell.
It is important to comply with the norm and the period of feeding. This also applies to folk remedies, and organic fertilizers.
YeastBoric acidIodineAshCalcium Selitrasuccinic acidMilk serumHydrogen peroxideChicken litterSodaNettleMullein
Processing and prevention from diseases and pests
Diseases and pests of tomatoes in the greenhouse
During the cultivation of tomatoes in the greenhouse, there are often diseases due to a violation of the temperature regime and excessive humidity. The most common diseases are fungal (phytoofluorosis, colaporiosis, rot).
Diseases and pests of tomatoes in open soil
Fighting diseases and pests of tomatoes in open areas is quite complex. This is due to the fact that the grated is exposed to various pathogens and pest insects.
PhytofluoroPuffy dewVertexClapPoriosGray GnilTobacco Mosaic virus