- Authors: Carey B. G., Gulkin M. N., Karmanova O. BUT., Matyunina S. IN. (Agroofirma Aelita LLC)
- Year of assumptions: 2018
- Category: Sort
- Type of growth: Intemimensional
- Purpose: Fresh use, for ketchup and tomato paste
- Ripening time: Early
- Timing of ripening, days: 95-110
- Growing conditions: For open soil, for film greenhouses
- Bush size: Tall
- Height of the bush, see: 160-180
See all the characteristics
Tomatoes of an unusual color always enjoy popular among gardeners. Grade chocolate hare is no exception.
History of removal
The development of a variety began at the end of 2016. The originator was the agrofirm “Aelita”, including the team of authors: Careken in. G., Gulkin M. N., Pocket O. BUT., Matyunin S. IN. Culture passed all the necessary testing, and in 2018 was allowed to use and listed in the state register.
Tomato Chocolate Hare refers to industrialized varieties. Designed for growing in open and closed soil. There are no restrictions on the regions of cultivation.
Description of varieties
The height of the bushes reach 160-180 cm, which relates them to the category of tall plants. Croon semiradian with leaves of the middle length of dark green. Need a garter to the trellis or support. Not only the main stem, but also fruitless brushes, as the fruits are too heavy.
Inflorescences are simple, the first is formed over 5 sheet, and then through each sheet. 4-6 fruits are formed on one brush. It is recommended to form a bush in 1-2 stem.
The main qualities of fruits
Fruits of brown color, weighing 300-350 g. Form of vegetables are flat-circular, slightly elongated, with ribbed fruction. Unworthy fruits have dark green color with a small spot.
Skin dense, thin, glossy. It is not cracking, so the variety has good fierce and transportability.
The pulp of medium density, fleshy in color dark red. Several seed cameras with large seeds are formed inside, which can be used for subsequent culture reproduction.
Universal berries, so they can be used to prepare salads, sauces, juices and ketchups. And also they are suitable for cooking hot dishes (in particular, soups). Because of the large sizes, the fruits are rarely preserved entirely. But even in the marinade, vegetables remain juicy and delicious.
Many celebrate an interesting tart and tomato taste. The acid is practically absent in the aftertaste.
Ripening and fruiting
Tomato Chocolate Hare refers to the group of early crops. Ripening fruit takes 95-110 days. Fruption is long and falls in July – August. Indicators may vary depending on the regions.
There is a stable harvest, which is 8.5 kg of tomatoes on 1M 2.
Dates of landing on seedlings and landing in the ground
Sowing comes from the first decade of March. Seeds are pre-processed in a weak solution of manganese or aloe, it is especially good to handle the material collected by hand.
The ground is harvested by the weakness and loose, with a small addition of sand and peat. Before distributing in seating capacity, the soil is better to handle and dry in the oven. It will help get rid of malicious organisms.
In containers, the ground falls asleep half and shed water. Then the wells are formed. Seed seed either in pits or in trenches. Then the earth is leveling and moistened with water. Above everything is covered with glass or cellophane. Seeds will turn around in a week. Then containers open and put on the windowsill.
Seedlings are watered with water once a week, feed and loose soil. Fertilizer is better to enter in liquid form. From solid feeding, you can use wood ash.
Pickups are made in the presence of several strong leaves. New tanks should be deeper and in diameter to be at least 10-12 cm.
10 days before the transplantation in the ground, seedlings are put on the street for acclimatization. The landing takes place from May 15 to June 5. The age of the plant should be 50-60 days.
The plot is prepared, dripped with humus and abundantly shed warm water. Then the wells are formed and the supports are harvested.
The main stages of growing seedlings at home
Preparation of seeds
Basic preparation methods: Warming, disinfection, soaking in growth stimulants, bubbling, hardening, germination. These technicians are aimed at different results and have a different purpose.
According to experts, preliminary soaking can increase yields by 30%. The duration of soaking is determined depending on the solution used and the quality of seeds.
What kind of soil to choose for seedlings
Land for planting tomato seeds house should not be taken from the garden. The soil for seedling tomato should have good breathability, provide the necessary level of humidity, and the pH acidity level should be about 6.5 units.
It is recommended to plant seedlings according to the 50×40 cm scheme. The depth of the wells should be 15 cm, and the same should be in diameter.
Growing and care
The main care for tomato chocolate hare is simple, lies only in standard agrotechnical events.
- To prevent soil drying, you need to regularly water seedlings. One bush accounts for up to 3 liters of warm water. Irrigation is carried out in the evening when the sun is no longer in the active phase, and seedlings will not get a burn. If there is no possibility to regularly bring water, then drip watering is used.
- It is recommended to make 3 main and intense feeders, and between them a pair of superficial (on the leaves). Any fertilizers are always entered under the root after watering, so as not to burn the root system. The peak of making useful minerals falls at the time of ripening of fruits.
- Soil care is needed. These include loosening and removal of weeds. Earth should be lightweight and loose on the consistency, to skip the air well and not look too dry. Weeds are removed for several reasons: they take useful trace elements, as well as seedlings insect pests.
- Passing, garter and formation are very important for the plant. Pegs are selected with a length of 1.2-1.5 m, and deepen into the ground by a third. The distance from the stem should be 8-10 cm. For garters use a small cord or soft cloth. Steying are removed when 6-8 cm reached. After them, it is best to leave a fune in 2-3 cm. The lower leaves and part of the crown are thinned, as they take the strength of the bush.
How and than feed tomatoes?
At each stage of growth, various trace elements are needed. All fertilizers can be divided into two groups: mineral and organic. Folk remedies are often used: iodine, yeast, bird litter, egg shell.
It is important to comply with the norm and the period of feeding. This also applies to folk remedies, and organic fertilizers.
YeastBoric acidIodineAshCalcium Selitrasuccinic acidMilk serumHydrogen peroxideChicken litterSodaNettleMullein
Processing and prevention from diseases and pests
Diseases and pests of tomatoes in the greenhouse
During the cultivation of tomatoes in the greenhouse, there are often diseases due to a violation of the temperature regime and excessive humidity. The most common diseases are fungal (phytoofluorosis, colaporiosis, rot).
Diseases and pests of tomatoes in open soil
Fighting diseases and pests of tomatoes in open areas is quite complex. This is due to the fact that the grated is exposed to various pathogens and pest insects.
PhytofluoroPuffy dewVertexClapPoriosGray GnilTobacco Mosaic virus